'Tea Party' members offer a ground-le...

'Tea Party' members offer a ground-level view

There are 50 comments on the www.usatoday.com story from Aug 13, 2010, titled 'Tea Party' members offer a ground-level view. In it, www.usatoday.com reports that:

A year ago, the political hurricane known as the "Tea Party" erupted in made-for-YouTube confrontations at congressional town hall meetings on the pending health care overhaul.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.usatoday.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Better listen the first time”

Since: Aug 09

jest an ol' hillbilly

#1 Aug 13, 2010
Good article...

Since: May 10

MontgomeryCounty

#2 Aug 13, 2010
I appreciate the feedback. Thank you. Will try to spend more time seeking news articles to post.

“jimmy agler”

Since: Jul 09

grandview hts

#3 Aug 13, 2010
Hi lee ejicated Redneck wrote:
Good article...
while i disagree with the tea party it was a good article.my personal guess is that they will have tremendous influence this year,then begin to disintegrate from within the same way ross perot's "reform" movement did in the 90's.i base this on the fact that this year there is a tremendous anti-incumbent sentiment all over the country not just in the tea party.that said,looking at some of the kind of candidates that they favor,paul in kentucky,angle in nevada to name two scare middle of the road independents much more than the so called rino's of the gop. i think their influence will be greatly diminished when the rest of the right nominates a presidential candidate who can actually pull in moderates.you already saw some evidence of it in 2008 when most of the gop went for mc cain while the far right,much more vocal than moderates, backed huckaby.it also happened on the left,for 3 years all of us were afraid of hillary polarizing the country and obama came in and gave dem voters a choice that was not "the darling" of the far left.
WOW

Coffeyville, KS

#4 Aug 14, 2010
jimmy agler wrote:
<quoted text>while i disagree with the tea party it was a good article.my personal guess is that they will have tremendous influence this year,then begin to disintegrate from within the same way ross perot's "reform" movement did in the 90's.i base this on the fact that this year there is a tremendous anti-incumbent sentiment all over the country not just in the tea party.that said,looking at some of the kind of candidates that they favor,paul in kentucky,angle in nevada to name two scare middle of the road independents much more than the so called rino's of the gop. i think their influence will be greatly diminished when the rest of the right nominates a presidential candidate who can actually pull in moderates.you already saw some evidence of it in 2008 when most of the gop went for mc cain while the far right,much more vocal than moderates, backed huckaby.it also happened on the left,for 3 years all of us were afraid of hillary polarizing the country and obama came in and gave dem voters a choice that was not "the darling" of the far left.
f you don't mind me asking, what is it about the tea party you disagree with?
willy

Columbus, OH

#5 Aug 14, 2010
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
f you don't mind me asking, what is it about the tea party you disagree with?
Their sudden appearance after a Black man was elected President. Where were they when the Bush crime family was destroying the country? The Pee Panty Patriots are a joke, and America is the punch line. Sad. Have a nice day:)
willy

Columbus, OH

#6 Aug 14, 2010
Where were the Pee Pantys when the Republicans negated the 4th amendment of the Constitution?

Where were the Pee Pantys when the Bush crime family was racking up record deficits?

Where were the Pee Pantys when the Bush crime family made record increases in the size of the Federal Government?

Where were they when the Bush crime family lied us into war with Iraq and spent trillions on it?

Where were the Pee Pantys when the Bush crime family instituted domestic spying on private citizens?

Why are they now in a bunch over a president who is trying to limit the long term damage the Bush criminals started?

jest an ol' hillbilly

#7 Aug 14, 2010
willy wrote:
Where were the Pee Pantys when the Republicans negated the 4th amendment of the Constitution?
Where were the Pee Pantys when the Bush crime family was racking up record deficits?
Where were the Pee Pantys when the Bush crime family made record increases in the size of the Federal Government?
Where were they when the Bush crime family lied us into war with Iraq and spent trillions on it?
Where were the Pee Pantys when the Bush crime family instituted domestic spying on private citizens?
Why are they now in a bunch over a president who is trying to limit the long term damage the Bush criminals started?
Another left wing loon.. Bush did not negate the 4th amendment..has the FBI or local cops broke down your door?

Bush's deficits dim in comparison to the one being racked up by this administration.Do you want some links?

Where are these record increases in the Fedreal government by Bush? Oh that's right..The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$4.11 billion per day since September 28, 2007! Under a Democrat Senate and Congress..Now under a Democrat Senate, Congress and Administration it is accelerating.

Lied us into a war? You mean using the information that came from the Clinton Administration? I can give you the quotes from both Clintons, Gore, Kerry and many more leading Democrats supporting the invasion of Iraq BEFORE 9-11.. Thay all use those same "lies". Of course that is an inconvenient fact for you.

Spying on private citizens..That's a stretch. Wire taps on overseas calls were authorized..Not your call to your Mommy.

"Why are they now in a bunch over a president who is trying to limit the long term damage the Bush criminals started?" You mean by Quadrupling the national debt? Increasing the deficit? Attempting to nationalize the auto industry, natioanalize the banking system?

How many attacks did we have under Bush after 9-11? None. How many under Obama? You count them.

This President and his party hacks are gonna have us so deep in debt we may never recover.

If the TEA Partys were not a force to be reckoned with, they (the Democrats/Leftwing) would not be talking about them or trying to paint them with a "Black" brush..
Win

Coffeyville, KS

#8 Aug 14, 2010
willy wrote:
Thank you! You nailed it. Tea Party is full of dung.
Mr T

Hilliard, OH

#9 Aug 14, 2010
willy wrote:
<quoted text>
Their sudden appearance after a Black man was elected President. Where were they when the Bush crime family was destroying the country? The Pee Panty Patriots are a joke, and America is the punch line. Sad. Have a nice day:)
Hey willy.... where is Code Ping, Cindy Sheehan, and the protestors over the war? They raised hell when Bush was in office yet America has just experienced the worst year in war casualties since Darwin's missing link took the oath of office. You sure you name is willy or woody? Same thing! A dick!
willy

Columbus, OH

#10 Aug 14, 2010
Mr T wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey willy.... where is Code Ping, Cindy Sheehan, and the protestors over the war? They raised hell when Bush was in office yet America has just experienced the worst year in war casualties since Darwin's missing link took the oath of office. You sure you name is willy or woody? Same thing! A dick!
The missing link? Hmmmmm..... the Pee Panty Patriots are not rascist. Bush was rather simian looking and he walked more like a chimp.
willy

Columbus, OH

#11 Aug 14, 2010
<quoted text>Another left wing loon.. Bush did not negate the 4th amendment..has the FBI or local cops broke down your door?
Bush's deficits dim in comparison to the one being racked up by this administration.Do you want some links?
Where are these record increases in the Fedreal government by Bush? Oh that's right..The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$4.11 billion per day since September 28, 2007! Under a Democrat Senate and Congress..Now under a Democrat Senate, Congress and Administration it is accelerating.
Lied us into a war? You mean using the information that came from the Clinton Administration? I can give you the quotes from both Clintons, Gore, Kerry and many more leading Democrats supporting the invasion of Iraq BEFORE 9-11.. Thay all use those same "lies". Of course that is an inconvenient fact for you.
Spying on private citizens..That's a stretch. Wire taps on overseas calls were authorized..Not your call to your Mommy.
"Why are they now in a bunch over a president who is trying to limit the long term damage the Bush criminals started?" You mean by Quadrupling the national debt? Increasing the deficit? Attempting to nationalize the auto industry, natioanalize the banking system?
How many attacks did we have under Bush after 9-11? None. How many under Obama? You count them.
This President and his party hacks are gonna have us so deep in debt we may never recover.
If the TEA Partys were not a force to be reckoned with, they (the Democrats/Leftwing) would not be talking about them or trying to paint them with a "Black" brush..
WOW you must listen to Rushba the Hutt every day!!! You are qouting him. Ever try to think for yourself?

jest an ol' hillbilly

#12 Aug 14, 2010
Mr T wrote:
<quoted text>
Have youu noticed how all they have is th e"Judge it" button? They cannot address your questions for fear of looking the fool..They make broad based accusations without fact to back them up..Then head for the woods with their tail between the legs.. Just like a whipped dog..

Yes,, most times I'll post something hoping for a rebuttal..I'll sometimes leave them something that they can call me on. But I'm usually ready with links to back me up...They almost always let me down..

jest an ol' hillbilly

#14 Aug 14, 2010
willy wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW you must listen to Rushba the Hutt every day!!! You are qouting him. Ever try to think for yourself?
See nothing..Actually I seldom listen to Rush..He is not XM Radio.. My "talking points" are my own and I can back them up..Perhaps that's why you made no attempt to refute them...When I quote someone I use "" and tell you who I am quoting. I actually doubt if you would know a Rush Limbaugh quote if you heard one..

You my fast talking fool, sound like every other parrot on the left wing fringe...You have yet to post anything you can back up..Just baseless accusations, broad brush claims and outright lies..Absolutely no originality..
willy

Columbus, OH

#15 Aug 14, 2010
<quoted text>See nothing..Actually I seldom listen to Rush..He is not XM Radio.. My "talking points" are my own and I can back them up..Perhaps that's why you made no attempt to refute them...When I quote someone I use "" and tell you who I am quoting. I actually doubt if you would know a Rush Limbaugh quote if you heard one..
You my fast talking fool, sound like every other parrot on the left wing fringe...You have yet to post anything you can back up..Just baseless accusations, broad brush claims and outright lies..Absolutely no originality..
How many government jobs were created by Mr. Boosh's Department of Homeland Security? Ever hear of "warrantless wiretaps"? How are we paying for Part "D" mediocare? Now you will say" Yes, but I didn't support Bush, either" to which I will reply " Then why did you vote for him....TWICE?" Have a nice day:)

jest an ol' hillbilly

#16 Aug 14, 2010
I love it when you make my point for me... ROFLMAO........Heh heh heh heh

Gawd, that's a real knee slapper...

I crack me up sometimes..ha ha haha.

Ooooh Now my side hurts.. Stop it alrady.. hahahaha
willy

Columbus, OH

#17 Aug 14, 2010
I love it when you make my point for me... ROFLMAO........Heh heh heh heh
Gawd, that's a real knee slapper...
I crack me up sometimes..ha ha haha.
Ooooh Now my side hurts.. Stop it alrady.. hahahaha
?
Mr T

Hilliard, OH

#18 Aug 14, 2010
willy wrote:
<quoted text>
How many government jobs were created by Mr. Boosh's Department of Homeland Security? Ever hear of "warrantless wiretaps"? How are we paying for Part "D" mediocare? Now you will say" Yes, but I didn't support Bush, either" to which I will reply " Then why did you vote for him....TWICE?" Have a nice day:)
And YOUR governor, Reverend Teddy Strickland, has lost how many jobs in Ohio? Yours too! You have more time to listen to Rush Limbaugh than I do. Let me send to a fan to cool what mind you have left. It's hot outside. I work!

PS... you going to Obama's Mosque ground breaking in New York? Told you he was a muslim.
Mr T

Hilliard, OH

#19 Aug 14, 2010
willy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Willy - from your spelling, you must be one of those Columbus Public School grads that the over paid school superintendent (Gene Harris) pushed through school and gave you a diploma so she wouldn't hurt your feelings. Obama - 08 - Oh hell! LMAO
willy

Columbus, OH

#20 Aug 14, 2010
willy wrote:
<quoted text>
?
It must be boring out there on the Great Prairie. Nothing but wheat, meat, and heat. Why don't you run over and see how your pal Fred Phelps is doing ?
willy

Columbus, OH

#21 Aug 14, 2010
Mr T wrote:
<quoted text>
And YOUR governor, Reverend Teddy Strickland, has lost how many jobs in Ohio? Yours too! You have more time to listen to Rush Limbaugh than I do. Let me send to a fan to cool what mind you have left. It's hot outside. I work!
PS... you going to Obama's Mosque ground breaking in New York? Told you he was a muslim.
Poor pathetic jerk. I worked hard, scrimped and saved, invested wisely, and retired at 52. I am going to sit here in the A/C until it cools off this evening and then go out back to the boathouse and go fishing. Have fun in the sun, son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tea Party Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IRS Gives "After School Satan Club" Tax-Exempt ... Mar 19 mark 2
News Inside the Beltway: Tea Party flunks the media ... Mar 17 positronium 14
News Bannon Leading a 'Global Tea Party Movement' Mar 12 Texxy 1
News Fake News Still Lyin' About the Tea Party Mar 2 Texxy the Indepen... 1
News Rubio: I'm not going to hold a town hall just t... Feb 28 Vincent 1
News Hundreds of protesters urge Bobby Rush, other I... Feb 24 tomin cali 1
News Democrats must not adopt Tea Party tactics Feb '17 Brown Shirt Democ... 2
More from around the web