Hobby Lobby Leaders Wants Bible in Pu...

Hobby Lobby Leaders Wants Bible in Public Schools

There are 172 comments on the EDGE story from May 8, 2014, titled Hobby Lobby Leaders Wants Bible in Public Schools. In it, EDGE reports that:

Steve Green's faith led him to the U.S. Supreme Court, where he's argued the nation's new health care law and its requirement that his business provide certain types of birth control to employees violates his religious freedoms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#1 May 8, 2014
The Bible belongs in churches and with families who embrace the concepts that come from the Bible.

Parents in their own home can direct their children toward the Bible or other religious teachings they wish their children to be exposed to (or to NOT be exposed to).

Learning how to read, write and do math are core educational skills.

If one religious book like the Bible is to be introduced in schools, it should be introduced along with other prophetic books and alternative spiritual writers as a study of various TYPES of beliefs systems that are out there.

Otherwise, no way!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#2 May 8, 2014
The Koran, maybe, you know, to prove progressive tolerance and diversification.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#3 May 8, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
The Bible belongs in churches and with families who embrace the concepts that come from the Bible.
Parents in their own home can direct their children toward the Bible or other religious teachings they wish their children to be exposed to (or to NOT be exposed to).
If one religious book like the Bible is to be introduced in schools, it should be introduced along with other prophetic books and alternative spiritual writers as a study of various TYPES of beliefs systems that are out there.
Otherwise, no way!
I agree with you! Where did I go wrong?

Location hidden

#4 May 8, 2014
RustyS wrote:
The Koran, maybe, you know, to prove progressive tolerance and diversification.
Your tongue never quite reaches your cheek.
The thought of a bible as a teaching tool in schools is amusing enough.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 May 8, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
Otherwise, no way!
When I was a sophomore in a public high school we were required to study the top 10 religions of the world. It was a good idea then and I think an even better one now.

At a time when nearly 40% of Americans can't find their own country on a map, exposing students to other country's religions can't be a bad thing.

Location hidden

#7 May 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The stupidity and ignorance of this poster is beyond measure.
All the more reason to help heathens and pagans such as this by introducing Biblical Truth in public schools.
If you don't like it go to a private atheist school
You must like oxymorons. Biblical "truth" indeed!

If schools offered a course in "Myth and Superstition", I'd recommend the Bible as required reading.

Bottoms Up,
Larry the Heathen (or is it Pagan? I do worship my pet caterpillar)
lamer

Hamilton, OH

#8 May 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
All the more reason to help heathens and pagans such as this by introducing Biblical Truth in public schools.
Why is it that ignorant posts like these are always from back wood redneck states who are a drag on the US economy? Stupidity and ignorance indeed!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#9 May 8, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Your tongue never quite reaches your cheek.
The thought of a bible as a teaching tool in schools is amusing enough.
Don't disagree, that's why I felt the Koran would be more progressively acceptable.
Microhard Clowns

Greenfield, IN

#10 May 8, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
Otherwise, no way!
;-000h, if U knew the Bible in yo home! so, what"s wrong with Bipartisandy in the DC?? ;-000h, just practeeth Bibye!! ;-00r U is the Bisexercise in Topix!! ;-00
Microhard Clowns

Greenfield, IN

#11 May 8, 2014
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You must like oxymorons. Biblical "truth" indeed!
If schools offered a course in "Myth and Superstition", I'd recommend the Bible as required reading.
Bottoms Up,
Larry the Heathen (or is it Pagan? I do worship my pet caterpillar)
Woof;) U is so Bisexercise in Topix & Bibye 4dat ok!! ;-00

Location hidden

#12 May 8, 2014
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't disagree, that's why I felt the Koran would be more progressively acceptable.
I can understand your limited knowledge about progressive ideology, but your vast knowledge about the koran is truly awe-inspiring.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#13 May 8, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
Otherwise, no way!
Road Apples! Bull pucky.

If the works of Homer, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Shakespeare, Charles Dickens or George Eliot are acceptable, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to not have the Bible in schools. It is all a matter of perspective.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#15 May 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
biblical truth as in teh bible proves that god of your cult to be false?

and that false god your cult leaders created condones slavery and subjugating women, and killing those who don't believe as you do? that kind of biblical truth?

the further our society gets from you cult the better...

St. Croix valley

#16 May 9, 2014
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Road Apples! Bull pucky.
If the works of Homer, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Shakespeare, Charles Dickens or George Eliot are acceptable, there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to not have the Bible in schools. It is all a matter of perspective.
no, it really isn't the bible is a pile of bullshit with horrible morals no human should ever be taught.

if the god of your cult were real, he would be in jail in our nation.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 May 9, 2014
The Bible was the first book ever printed and has been used for centuries to teach people how to read. The fundamental moral truths of Scripture have raised civilization to heights never achieved by any other philosophy. Denying our youth the historical evolution, moral truth and salvation of the human race itself is the work of demons. The sickness and lies espoused by the atheists and pagans on Topix are not representative of any human values. They are death to the human race in every aspect of death.

St. Croix valley

#18 May 9, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The Bible was the first book ever printed and has been used for centuries to teach people how to read. The fundamental moral truths of Scripture have raised civilization to heights never achieved by any other philosophy. Denying our youth the historical evolution, moral truth and salvation of the human race itself is the work of demons. The sickness and lies espoused by the atheists and pagans on Topix are not representative of any human values. They are death to the human race in every aspect of death.
sorry pal, worst moral guide ever printed..

if you buy into that crap, no wonder you are a professionally diagnosed psychopath....
So What

Newalla, OK

#20 May 9, 2014
Q. What did one Christian Student say to another student?

A. I got an A in proving I'm better than you!
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#21 May 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you even read the Bible??

Then you read about David sleeping with one of his soldier's wives and when she became pregnant, David brings the guy off the battle field for a little 'R&R' <wink> with his wife. Then the guy gets killed in battle and David takes the woman as his own.

Unfortunately that Biblical Truth you speak about, probably consists of a few dozen hand picked concepts like turning the other cheek and what not.

There are some inspirational information contained in the Bible. Ecclesiastes is very insightful. But all the Old Testiment conquests and murdering of people is pretty violent.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#22 May 9, 2014
Eleanor wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you even read the Bible??
Then you read about David sleeping with one of his soldier's wives and when she became pregnant, David brings the guy off the battle field for a little 'R&R' <wink> with his wife. Then the guy gets killed in battle and David takes the woman as his own.
Unfortunately that Biblical Truth you speak about, probably consists of a few dozen hand picked concepts like turning the other cheek and what not.
There are some inspirational information contained in the Bible. Ecclesiastes is very insightful. But all the Old Testiment conquests and murdering of people is pretty violent.
Yours is an idiotic perception of Scripture. Scripture is a history of mankind, honest to a tee... willing to show all the failures of humans and then offer a solution, a revelation, an answer to human depravity and misery: Jesus Christ.

David's and other's sins are not portrayed as things to embrace. We know you perverts, pagans and atheists see it that way and embrace the most degraded aspects of humanity, but Christ offers you a way out of your eternal misery, disease and angers.
Eleanor

Vernon Hills, IL

#23 May 9, 2014
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is an idiotic perception of Scripture. Scripture is a history of mankind, honest to a tee... willing to show all the failures of humans and then offer a solution, a revelation, an answer to human depravity and misery: Jesus Christ.
David's and other's sins are not portrayed as things to embrace. We know you perverts, pagans and atheists see it that way and embrace the most degraded aspects of humanity, but Christ offers you a way out of your eternal misery, disease and angers.
Lord Jesus:

Save me from your followers (especially those who judge everyone else as 'perverts pagans & atheists')

Amen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Supreme Court Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 11 min Abrahammock Relig... 351
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 242,792
News DC court blocks for now immigrant teen's access... 4 hr OneWomynRiot 16
News Donald Trump 6 hr Retribution 113
News Birth-record fix for gays falls to lower court 17 hr Travis Turbil 18
News Someone On SCOTUS Is Leaking Stories About Neil... Sat Carol Welsh 1
News Ruth Bader Ginsburg says she has "no doubt" sex... Fri Ronald 14
More from around the web