US Supreme Court upholds Michigan ban...

US Supreme Court upholds Michigan ban on using race as college admissions factor

There are 150 comments on the NorthJersey.com story from Apr 22, 2014, titled US Supreme Court upholds Michigan ban on using race as college admissions factor. In it, NorthJersey.com reports that:

The Supreme Court on Tuesday upheld Michigan's ban on using race as a factor in college admissions despite one justice's impassioned dissent that accused the court of wanting to wish away racial inequality.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NorthJersey.com.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“It's Time to Defeat Terrorism ”

Since: May 11

NYC

#1 Apr 22, 2014
Thanks the Lord for the Supreme Court decision to save America from racism. Blacks and Hispanics stop working and paying taxes as gift from the corrupt Obama regime that seek bankruptcy of America. The Black and Hispanic Racists of America were defeated by the Supreme Court when 90% of Americans are disgusted by the racist tyrannical rule of the Obama-Holder regime of lies and deceit. Good news for the American people who watch their country falling apart under the rule of the minorities that are seeking to trash the US Constitution and stop working and stop paying taxes and live on the back of the hard working Americas. Enough is enough with discrimination against Asians and Whites and giving free food stamps, free Obamacare, free Obama phone and free student loans and housing support to Blacks and Hispanics and Mozlem brothers from all over the world that their achievements in school is unacceptable. Enough is enough with the discrimination of Whites, Asians and others that are better students because they make more efforts to success rather than becoming bunch of minority parasites and losers who stay in their beds all day. America must protect the Whites , Asians and others that are discriminated by the rogue and lawless regime of Obama who nominated Mozlem Brothers to at least six czars in the pro-Mozlem Brother and pro-Iranian regime of Obama.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2 Apr 22, 2014
So the rich & powerful (and white of course) get to keep THEIR preferential treatment via legacy admissions- i.e. Bush getting into Harvard in spite of crappy grades just because of his last name- while the poor & powerless (mostly minorities of course) can be screwed out of a chance of getting into a good college in spite of good grades simply because they DON'T have a the right pedigree- i.e. Obama or Robinson.

Another victory for the downtrodden rich white man!!!!
Sterkfontein Swartkrans

Pennington, NJ

#3 Apr 22, 2014
Jeff Brightone wrote:
Thanks the Lord for the Supreme Court decision to save America from racism. Blacks and Hispanics stop working and paying taxes as gift from the corrupt Obama regime that seek bankruptcy of America. The Black and Hispanic Racists of America were defeated by the Supreme Court when 90% of Americans are disgusted by the racist tyrannical rule of the Obama-Holder regime of lies and deceit. Good news for the American people who watch their country falling apart under the rule of the minorities that are seeking to trash the US Constitution and stop working and stop paying taxes and live on the back of the hard working Americas. Enough is enough with discrimination against Asians and Whites and giving free food stamps, free Obamacare, free Obama phone and free student loans and housing support to Blacks and Hispanics and Mozlem brothers from all over the world that their achievements in school is unacceptable. Enough is enough with the discrimination of Whites, Asians and others that are better students because they make more efforts to success rather than becoming bunch of minority parasites and losers who stay in their beds all day. America must protect the Whites , Asians and others that are discriminated by the rogue and lawless regime of Obama who nominated Mozlem Brothers to at least six czars in the pro-Mozlem Brother and pro-Iranian regime of Obama.
Your sheet and pointed hat are ready to pick up at the laundry so you can look good at your next klan meeting!
Cordwainer Trout

Greensburg, KY

#4 Apr 22, 2014
Affirmative Action has caused a universal degradation of every service industry in America. The "progressives" imposing this degradation are also the ones responsible for outsourcing and the destruction of the manufacturing base in America. Martin Luther King spoke of "content of character." Progressives killed everything he promoted, except adultery.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#5 Apr 22, 2014
Makes sense to me.
Race is not a bona fIde criteria for anything.
It's about time we recognized this.
radiofreeamerica

Tampa, FL

#6 Apr 22, 2014
If you go into a hospital for life saving surgery do you want an affirmative action doctor operating on you?Or do you want a doctor who is there because of merit?
Call Em Rite

United States

#7 Apr 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
So the rich & powerful (and white of course) get to keep THEIR preferential treatment via legacy admissions- i.e. Bush getting into Harvard in spite of crappy grades just because of his last name- while the poor & powerless (mostly minorities of course) can be screwed out of a chance of getting into a good college in spite of good grades simply because they DON'T have a the right pedigree- i.e. Obama or Robinson.
Another victory for the downtrodden rich white man!!!!
I noticed you left at Chelsea Clinton and any of the Kennedy's. Boy, you're not biased.
Call Em Rite

United States

#8 Apr 22, 2014
radiofreeamerica wrote:
If you go into a hospital for life saving surgery do you want an affirmative action doctor operating on you?Or do you want a doctor who is there because of merit?
How about affirmative action for patient admittance?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#9 Apr 22, 2014
Sterkfontein Swartkrans wrote:
<quoted text>
Your sheet and pointed hat are ready to pick up at the laundry so you can look good at your next klan meeting!
Don't forget the swastika armbands and nooses for the mixed bloods, jews, and black skinned people..

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#10 Apr 22, 2014
SirPrize wrote:
Makes sense to me.
Race is not a bona fIde criteria for anything.
It's about time we recognized this.
But having a rich & powerful daddy who attended or donated money to the university IS a bona fide criteria for admission?
Who

Grand Rapids, MI

#11 Apr 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
So the rich & powerful (and white of course) get to keep THEIR preferential treatment via legacy admissions- i.e. Bush getting into Harvard in spite of crappy grades just because of his last name- while the poor & powerless (mostly minorities of course) can be screwed out of a chance of getting into a good college in spite of good grades simply because they DON'T have a the right pedigree- i.e. Obama or Robinson.
Another victory for the downtrodden rich white man!!!!
So let's hear some examples of the "preferential treatment of whites".

If you're worked up about GW Bush's grades, why is obama bin lyin hiding his? Of course, why would obastard have grades in the first place? If we're just going to hand college educations to these parasites why have grades at all - why not just skip the middleman and go straight to handing out diplomas? That's what you libs did with the border jumpers and driver's licenses.

Besides, all the worthless blacks are always trying to convince everybody how "superior" they are to us "pale-faced crackers", so why do they have so much problem proving it to make their way in the world like everybody else has to?

GFY you ignorant puke.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#12 Apr 22, 2014
radiofreeamerica wrote:
If you go into a hospital for life saving surgery do you want an affirmative action doctor operating on you?Or do you want a doctor who is there because of merit?
I'd rather have a doctor who passed med school and actually cares about his/her patient's well being rather than how much money is in the patient's bank account.

I worked for 20+ years in the medical field, and some of the best doctors I worked with were the products of some kind of affirmative action program or nontraditional career path.

And without exception, the WORST doctors were those who had "Ivy league" credentials.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#13 Apr 22, 2014
Call Em Rite wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you left at Chelsea Clinton and any of the Kennedy's. Boy, you're not biased.
Yep, it applies to them as well.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#14 Apr 22, 2014
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
So let's hear some examples of the "preferential treatment of whites".
If you're worked up about GW Bush's grades, why is obama bin lyin hiding his? Of course, why would obastard have grades in the first place? If we're just going to hand college educations to these parasites why have grades at all - why not just skip the middleman and go straight to handing out diplomas? That's what you libs did with the border jumpers and driver's licenses.
Besides, all the worthless blacks are always trying to convince everybody how "superior" they are to us "pale-faced crackers", so why do they have so much problem proving it to make their way in the world like everybody else has to?
GFY you ignorant puke.
Google legacy admissions. That primarily benefits the wealthy & powerful whites, and was instituted at most of the elite universities in the US to keep out as many "undesirable immigrant" applicants.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#15 Apr 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
But having a rich & powerful daddy who attended or donated money to the university IS a bona fide criteria for admission?
Why not.... It has worked for ALL the Kennedy kids,Al Gore jr. and Chelsea Clinton among OTHER priviledged lie-berals. And I imagine it will continue on to benefit the Obama girls too(I rally don't see THEM going to the local Community College in Chicago's South side)..... No bias on your part is there?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Apr 22, 2014
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>Why not.... It has worked for ALL the Kennedy kids,Al Gore jr. and Chelsea Clinton among OTHER priviledged lie-berals. And I imagine it will continue on to benefit the Obama girls too(I rally don't see THEM going to the local Community College in Chicago's South side)..... No bias on your part is there?
Nope, no bias whatsoever, since I already said it applies to them as well.

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#17 Apr 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
But having a rich & powerful daddy who attended or donated money to the university IS a bona fide criteria for admission?
Suppose we exclude the Kerrys, Obamas and Clintons. Would that make you happy?
Les Claypool

Rowlett, TX

#18 Apr 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd rather have a doctor who passed med school and actually cares about his/her patient's well being rather than how much money is in the patient's bank account.
I worked for 20+ years in the medical field, and some of the best doctors I worked with were the products of some kind of affirmative action program or nontraditional career path.
And without exception, the WORST doctors were those who had "Ivy league" credentials.
Your argument kind of fell apart. Legacy admissions are only valid in old ivy league private universities. If they produce crap, what does it matter to the rest of us poor people who must get by on merit? You say the ivy league doctors are the WORST. I can believe it because we've all seen what Harvard produces with affirmative action. Birds of a feather some would say.
Call Em Rite

Colonial Heights, VA

#19 Apr 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Google legacy admissions. That primarily benefits the wealthy & powerful whites, and was instituted at most of the elite universities in the US to keep out as many "undesirable immigrant" applicants.
Next Google Nazis and the dark side of the moon. Remember just because its on the internet doesn't make it real.
Call Em Rite

Colonial Heights, VA

#20 Apr 22, 2014
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Google legacy admissions. That primarily benefits the wealthy & powerful whites, and was instituted at most of the elite universities in the US to keep out as many "undesirable immigrant" applicants.
Do you think the Obama girls will be accepted to Harvard? And how did the President get accepted to Harvard? Was it his white half that got him in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Supreme Court Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr District 1 239,230
News Justices won't hear Menendez appeal in corrupti... 21 hr CodeTalker 4
News Justices won't hear Menendez appeal in corrupti... Tue USS LIBERTY 1
News Cheerleaders, chambermaids: The Supreme Court's... Tue anonymous 1
News Another Second Amendment Appeal Shot-Down by th... Mar 13 Say What 1
News The Breathtaking Hypocrisy of Senate Democrats Mar 13 T-BOS 16
News ACLU sues over initial hearings for detained im... Mar 11 RustyS 6
More from around the web