Same-sex couples register marriage li...

Same-sex couples register marriage licenses in NC

There are 40 comments on the WHDH story from Oct 22, 2013, titled Same-sex couples register marriage licenses in NC. In it, WHDH reports that:

For Lisa and Cindy Bovee-Kemper, the Tuesday morning trip to the Buncombe County Register of Deeds office was a symbolic one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHDH.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Oct 23, 2013
Oh but the writer of the article is very, very wrong!

It really DOES have practical effect.

It's called "Full Faith and Credit".
Cordwainer Trout

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Oct 23, 2013
"Full Faith and Credit" Claiming this is pure idiocy.

The Constitution was never intended to be a suicide pact, nor a method of one State bludgeoning the rest of the States.
JESUS LOVES YOU

Asheville, NC

#4 Oct 23, 2013
The Holy Bible says that a man lating with anothe rman is an abomination before the Lord. Of course it is, even just on the level of common sense. It is comletely unnatural for a man to put his baby maker into the dirtiest hole of another man. And quite disgusting!

These "licenses" issues are ILLEGAL in the state of North Carolina. If newcomers do not like our common sense and moral laws, they need to move back up north where sodomy is apparently legal. Not here!

Furthermore, men who are troubled by lustful thoughts for their own sex need to get to a Bible believing church and ask Jesus Christ to remove these impure and evil thoughts. He will if asked sincerely. I pray this happens. AMEN!
JESUS LOVES YOU

Asheville, NC

#6 Oct 23, 2013
Praise God Almighty! AMEN! The Holy Bible says that a man lating with anothe rman is an abomination before the Lord. Of course it is, even just on the level of common sense. It is comletely unnatural for a man to put his baby maker into the dirtiest hole of another man. And quite disgusting!

These "licenses" issues are ILLEGAL in the state of North Carolina. If newcomers do not like our common sense and moral laws, they need to move back up north where sodomy is apparently legal. Not here!

Furthermore, men who are troubled by lustful thoughts for their own sex need to get to a Bible believing church and ask Jesus Christ to remove these impure and evil thoughts. He will if asked sincerely. I pray this happens. AMEN!

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#7 Oct 23, 2013
JESUS LOVES YOU wrote:
Praise God Almighty! AMEN! The Holy Bible says that a man lating with anothe rman is an abomination before the Lord. Of course it is, even just on the level of common sense. It is comletely unnatural for a man to put his baby maker into the dirtiest hole of another man. And quite disgusting!
Ahh, but sodomy IS legal in your state. Regardless of any laws you may have to the contrary. Supreme Court, Lawrence vs. Texas. Look it up. And by the way, your bible has no bearing on laws in our Constitutional Republic, or shouldn't have.
JESUS LOVES YOU

Asheville, NC

#9 Oct 23, 2013
The Holy Bible, King James Version, is the authority on what is right and what is wrong. Sodomy homosexuality is clearly wrong. Praise God Almighty! AMEN! The Holy Bible says that a man laying with another man is an abomination before the Lord. Of course it is, even just on the level of common sense. It is comletely unnatural for a man to put his baby maker into the dirtiest hole of another man. And quite disgusting!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#11 Oct 23, 2013
JESUS LOVES YOU wrote:
The Holy Bible says that a man lating with anothe rman is an abomination ...
I think the word was filating, wasn't it?
JESUS LOVES YOU

Asheville, NC

#12 Oct 23, 2013
Satan is pure fiction, and so are his helpers, like the foreigner Osho-Rajneesh.The Holy Bible, King James Version, is the authority on what is right and what is wrong. Sodomy homosexuality is clearly wrong. Praise God Almighty! AMEN! The Holy Bible says that a man laying with another man is an abomination before the Lord. Of course it is, even just on the level of common sense. It is comletely unnatural for a man to put his baby maker into the dirtiest hole of another man. And quite disgusting!

Catholic Priest

Asheville, NC

#13 Oct 23, 2013
I love to have my altar boys with me in the night where we recline on the bed. It is there that we share intimacies and I teach them the mysteries of the kingdom of God.

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#15 Oct 23, 2013
JESUS LOVES YOU wrote:
they need to move back up north where sodomy is apparently legal. Not here!
Sorry, but since 2003......consensual anal sex is legal in EVERY state including North Carolina whether you like it or not!!!

“TO HATE SOMEONE SIMPLY FOR WHO”

Since: Aug 08

THEY ARE IS WRONG!!!

#16 Oct 23, 2013
JESUS LOVES YOU wrote:
The Holy Bible, King James Version, is the authority on what is right and what is wrong.
Sorry, but we DON'T live in a Theocracy and neither your bible or your religious beliefs RUN this Country!!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Oct 23, 2013
JESUS LOVES YOU wrote:
The Holy Bible says that a man lating with anothe rman is an abomination before the Lord
This is a description of sexual orientation before there were words for it
Try it!
Get buck naked and climb in bed with another buck naked person who is the same sex you are:
1. If you feel 'abomination'; then you are heterosexual
2. If you do NOT feel 'abomination'; then you are homosexual
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Oct 23, 2013
JESUS LOVES YOU wrote:
The Holy Bible, King James Version, is the authority on what is right and what is wrong
Apparently you haven't read it yet
The word 'homosexual' does not appear anywhere between the covers of the Authorized King James Bible
.....and for good reason:
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...
Jesus Christ

Martinez, CA

#20 Oct 23, 2013
JESUS LOVES YOU wrote:
Satan is pure fiction, and so are his helpers, like the foreigner Osho-Rajneesh.The Holy Bible, King James Version, is the authority on what is right and what is wrong. Sodomy homosexuality is clearly wrong. Praise God Almighty! AMEN! The Holy Bible says that a man laying with another man is an abomination before the Lord. Of course it is, even just on the level of common sense. It is comletely unnatural for a man to put his baby maker into the dirtiest hole of another man. And quite disgusting!
Stop speaking in my name. The only things impure and evil are coming from you. Now go act like a true North Carolinian and breed with your sister.
JESUS LOVES YOU

Asheville, NC

#21 Oct 23, 2013
Love Jesus Christ and His Father Who Art In Heaven, Almighty God! Satan is pure fiction, and so are his helpers, like the foreigner Osho-Rajneesh.The Holy Bible, King James Version, is the authority on what is right and what is wrong. Sodomy homosexuality is clearly wrong. Praise God Almighty! AMEN! The Holy Bible says that a man laying with another man is an abomination before the Lord. Of course it is, even just on the level of common sense. It is comletely unnatural for a man to put his baby maker into the dirtiest hole of another man. And quite disgusting!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#22 Oct 23, 2013
fr Jesus loves you:

>Love Jesus Christ and His Father Who Art In Heaven, Almighty God! Satan is pure fiction, and so are his helpers,...<

You obviously don't know your Bible very well, then. satan tempted Christ more than once, and I would suggest you back and re-read it.
Jesus Christ

Martinez, CA

#23 Oct 23, 2013
JESUS LOVES YOU wrote:
Love Jesus Christ and His Father Who Art In Heaven, Almighty God! Satan is pure fiction, and so are his helpers, like the foreigner Osho-Rajneesh.The Holy Bible, King James Version, is the authority on what is right and what is wrong. Sodomy homosexuality is clearly wrong. Praise God Almighty! AMEN! The Holy Bible says that a man laying with another man is an abomination before the Lord. Of course it is, even just on the level of common sense. It is comletely unnatural for a man to put his baby maker into the dirtiest hole of another man. And quite disgusting!
Even if that nonsense were true, it would be "lying with another man," not "laying." Rather than the King James version you pretend to use, it's obvious you have the grammatically incorrect hillbilly edition, probably written by your barely literate mother and sister, who, conveniently for you, are the same person.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#24 Oct 23, 2013
JESUS LOVES YOU wrote:
The Holy Bible says that a man lating with anothe rman is an abomination before the Lord. Of course it is, even just on the level of common sense. It is comletely unnatural for a man to put his baby maker into the dirtiest hole of another man. And quite disgusting!
Your sectarian religionism (or anyone's) is not the foundation of Civil Law in this Nation.

Ask any physician ... microbially, the MOUTH is the "dirtiest hole". lol

You have a problem with something that others do not.
THOMAS G HOFFMAN

United States

#26 Oct 23, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a description of sexual orientation before there were words for it
Try it!
Get buck naked and climb in bed with another buck naked person who is the same sex you are:
1. If you feel 'abomination'; then you are heterosexual
2. If you do NOT feel 'abomination'; then you are homosexual
I am no coward! I use my real name. You ignorant rednecks need to get with it and realize it's all about the love. A man's love for a boy. A man's love for another man. A woman's love for her make German Shepphard. Hey, if it fits with lub or licks with a grin, it's alright. Friggin ignorant southern racists. Love your bibles and your guns and thats it. Douchebags!
Cullen George Anderson

Asheville, NC

#27 Oct 23, 2013
I am full of yellow bile, black bile, and sea snake venom and I dam sure hate kweers! And if I wuzent such a decerpit old man I'd walk up to Cecil Bothwell and pull his big nose. Get thee to a church and fall prosterate.
Praise Jeezus.
Amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Supreme Court Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Dr Guru 194,453
News Ex-Navy SEAL alleges anti-gay bullying by CIA w... 30 min Peterwad 5
News Ex member of US navy files complaint against CI... 1 hr goonsquad 3
News Mexican president discusses immigration in Texas (Apr '12) 12 hr Work farts 24
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 14 hr Wondering 76
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 15 hr Belle Sexton 60,802
News Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions (Oct '14) 21 hr Johnny CashMod 6,348
More from around the web