Kagan: Court Would Have More Credibil...

Kagan: Court Would Have More Credibility If It 'Looked More Like The Country'

There are 77 comments on the CBS Local story from Oct 4, 2013, titled Kagan: Court Would Have More Credibility If It 'Looked More Like The Country'. In it, CBS Local reports that:

The newest member of the U.S. Supreme Court, Associate Justice Elena Kagan, says the confirmation process is "sort of broken."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1 Oct 4, 2013
Agreed.

A good start would be getting at least 5 women on the SCOTUS.

Hopefully President Obama & soon-to-be President Hillary will be able to fix that.
Eleanor

Mundelein, IL

#2 Oct 4, 2013
<LOL>

Sure, why have only smart, well-educated people on the SUPREME COURT?

Maybe having a burger flippers, a couple of gang bangers and baby-daddies might make it look more like the country.

That will FIX IT!!

<LOL>

<NOT>
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Oct 4, 2013
Every time I see a picture of this woman, or hear something she says, I think of an exercise of the sphincter muscle for women to regain and maintain muscle tension before and after childbirth. The sexual needs, or behaviors of Supreme Court Justices aside, a different mental association would be a better constitutional.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Oct 4, 2013
Replace Kennedy with an Asian woman.
Replace Scalia with a black lesbian.
Replace Ginsburg with a native American woman.
Replace Breyer with an atheist gay man.

That should balance the court a bit!

180+ years of only straight white males is enough.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#6 Oct 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Replace Kennedy with an Asian woman.
Replace Scalia with a black lesbian.
Replace Ginsburg with a native American woman.
Replace Breyer with an atheist gay man.
That should balance the court a bit!
180+ years of only straight white males is enough.
And then they will go after privileged white males such as yourself.
.
They can start by returning your home back to it's right owners, an American Indian tribe.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#7 Oct 4, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
And then they will go after privileged white males such as yourself.
.
They can start by returning your home back to it's right owners, an American Indian tribe.
Ooops-

They can start by returning your home back to it's *rightful* owners, an American Indian tribe.
.
Start packing.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#8 Oct 4, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
And then they will go after privileged white males such as yourself.
.
They can start by returning your home back to it's right owners, an American Indian tribe.
As long as I'm treated equally with all other Americans, that's fine.

Btw, as far as I know, no American Indian tribe has ever owned my home, since it was built in the 1950's.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Oct 4, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooops-
They can start by returning your home back to it's *rightful* owners, an American Indian tribe.
.
Start packing.
As long as I'm duly compensated for the current market value of the property, that's fine by me.

Since: Jan 09

Central NJ

#10 Oct 4, 2013
It would tip the scales way out of balance. But wait! As another poster said, it is not their place to be representatives! It is their place to be experts in interpreting the law. The fact that she sees it as a "Representative" position reveals her unqualified status. And as another poster said, why is the court so heavily tipped in favor of the Jews? With three of the justices are Jewish and they're only, at most, 6% of the population. Perhaps Justice Kagan might do us all a favor and recuse herself from the court. Permanently!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Replace Kennedy with an Asian woman.
Replace Scalia with a black lesbian.
Replace Ginsburg with a native American woman.
Replace Breyer with an atheist gay man.
That should balance the court a bit!
180+ years of only straight white males is enough.

Since: Mar 08

Allentown, PA

#11 Oct 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as I'm duly compensated for the current market value of the property, that's fine by me.
You can not be compensated for property that was stolen.
.
Go into any court and try it. See what happens.
.
And hope the judge isn't an American Indian that doesn't like listening to whiny white guys.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#12 Oct 4, 2013
Eleanor wrote:
<LOL>
Sure, why have only smart, well-educated people on the SUPREME COURT?
Maybe having a burger flippers, a couple of gang bangers and baby-daddies might make it look more like the country.
That will FIX IT!!
<LOL>
<NOT>
In a five to four decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the right to opt out of fries with that is constitutionally protected.
However the Court refused to take up the issue of whether or not fast food emporia can sell burgers made from cows that died from cancer.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#13 Oct 4, 2013
BAN DemocRATS wrote:
Sure, lets get 2 illegal aliens, an Indian from a 7-11 and 3 HS drop outs that deal drugs on the SCOTUS ! EXCELLENT IDEA! Who confirmed this ignoramus, racist, sexist bigot anyway? She is a disgrace to the SCOTUS. WE WANT FAIRNESS AND HONESTY YOU DUMBITCH! NOT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION DISCRIMINATION that places high functioning retards like yourself in a position they CLEARLY CANT HANDLE just because they have a vagina or black skin!!!
You left out one category. We need someone on the Court to represent the human waste contingent like yourself.

“ OBAMA LIED ABOUT OBAMACARE”

Since: Mar 09

HE'S LYING ABOUT IRAN

#14 Oct 4, 2013
Shes right the court would have more credibility if it looked more like America which is HETERO CHRISTIAN and center/right...

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#15 Oct 4, 2013
TerryE wrote:
It would tip the scales way out of balance. But wait! As another poster said, it is not their place to be representatives! It is their place to be experts in interpreting the law. The fact that she sees it as a "Representative" position reveals her unqualified status. And as another poster said, why is the court so heavily tipped in favor of the Jews? With three of the justices are Jewish and they're only, at most, 6% of the population. Perhaps Justice Kagan might do us all a favor and recuse herself from the court. Permanently!
My president was elected by dead people!
Regards, Terri
<quoted text>
How would having 5 women & 4 men on the SCOTUS tip the scales "way out of balance"?

How would having more minorities on the SCOTUS tip the scales "way out of balance"?

How would having a gay or lesbian on the SCOTUS tip the scales "way out of balance"?

Gee, it seemed to be okay when the SCOTUS was 100% straight white Christian men for 180+ years. I'm guessing THAT is the "balance" you're worried about losing.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Oct 4, 2013
LookingToEscape wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not be compensated for property that was stolen.
.
Go into any court and try it. See what happens.
.
And hope the judge isn't an American Indian that doesn't like listening to whiny white guys.
I never stole any property. I legally purchased my property from the previous owner.

I am due fair compensation should a court decide the federal/state govt violated a valid indian treaty and the land must be returned to the native tribe.

I can live with that.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#17 Oct 4, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Shes right the court would have more credibility if it looked more like America which is HETERO CHRISTIAN and center/right...
Except of course that's NOT what the country looks like at all.

“ OBAMA LIED ABOUT OBAMACARE”

Since: Mar 09

HE'S LYING ABOUT IRAN

#18 Oct 4, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Except of course that's NOT what the country looks like at all.
Yes it does.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#19 Oct 4, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does.
Except of course that it doesn't.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#20 Oct 4, 2013
American_Infidel wrote:
Shes right the court would have more credibility if it looked more like America which is HETERO CHRISTIAN and center/right...
There is no "center/right'; you're thinking of Democrats.

“ OBAMA LIED ABOUT OBAMACARE”

Since: Mar 09

HE'S LYING ABOUT IRAN

#21 Oct 4, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>There is no "center/right'; you're thinking of Democrats.
Todays Democrats are far left wing kook extremists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Supreme Court Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay marriage (Mar '13) 15 min Reverend Alan 60,800
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 28 min CoconutGirlScoutC... 11
News Clerk to quit, cites 'moral conviction' 53 min lides 130
News 40 gay couples apply to be married in S.D. 1 hr RalphB 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr RiccardoFire 201,854
News Ohioan seeks same-sex divorce after 1st request... 2 hr Ecossais 12
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr loose cannon 194,367
More from around the web