Danny Rolling executed by lethal inje...

Danny Rolling executed by lethal injection

There are 100 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 25, 2006, titled Danny Rolling executed by lethal injection. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Danny Harold Rolling, the state's most notorious serial killer since Ted Bundy, was executed Wednesday by lethal injection for the grisly hunting-knife slayings of five college students in 1990 that threw the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Gail Snail

Pompano Beach, FL

#24 Oct 25, 2006
jlf wrote:
too bad the state had to keep him for so many years....our tax dollars going to waste....he should have been executed within 12 months of conviction....
Unfortunately, the criminals have more rights than their victims. The criminals on Death Row get one appeal after the other and it continues for years, 12 in this case.
The Death Penalty needs to be revamped. Why should this scum be allowed all those appeals? They should get 1. Only 1. It's more than their victims got. Then their execution should follow in a timely manner. I say within 1 year, so they may get their personal matters in order.
And I feel, I know it probably won't happen, they should be put to death in the same way they killed their victims. Why should they get "put to sleep" like a beloved family pet?

Danny Rollins - R.I.H.
florida lady 8

Spartanburg, SC

#25 Oct 25, 2006
Why poison the poor alligators they dont deserve it lol
President Bush wrote:
AS President I order the body to be shipped to alligator santiary for their halloween treat
Randy

United States

#26 Oct 25, 2006
Frank wrote:
How is death penalty a fair return for a serial killer? How is this fair for the victims?
Death penalty is something which is doesnt make much sense, it is extremly expensive on the tax-payers, and the murder gets away too easily... Why not replay back to the family and society, what about hard labor for the rest of his life?
Being that its the current jail system puts the criminals in a very confortable environment, a bed, 3 meals and cable TV... for nothing!!!
Then Murders get killed in the most gentle way posible.
I can see why this country has so many criminals, they are not scared at all to go to jail.
Frank,
I side with you on this issue. The lobster dinner, the valium and so forth just do not sound right. This episode is important to me because I lived in Gainesville at the time of the murders, lived at Gatorwood the previous year and actually later, worked for the Florida Dept. of Corr....(although currently not proud of it). Enough about me. He confessed and was linked by DNA. He should have been hung or the equivalent in public, at once. His punishment after all of these years, is truly an embarrasment to the Dept. and anyone involved. I cannot even imagine the families of the victims. There cannot possibly be a legal justification for this situation.
julio d

AOL

#27 Oct 25, 2006
Man I wish Manny T would have been awake when that bastard broke in his dorm. He would have beat rollings ass. Today he paid for his sins...
Get Wise

New Orleans, LA

#28 Oct 25, 2006
"How is death penalty a fair return for a serial killer? How is this fair for the victims?
Death penalty is something which is doesnt make much sense, it is extremly expensive on the tax-payers, and the murder gets away too easily..."
BLAH BLAH BLAH
FRANK, FRANK, how naive and ingenuous!
It is NOT ABOUT REHAB, OR DETERTENCE that is IMPORTANT! PUNISHMENT - punishment FOR THE CRIME, that is the bottom line! Everybody pays sooner or later.
Randy

United States

#30 Oct 25, 2006
I don't get it
Z4 for Me

Pompano Beach, FL

#31 Oct 25, 2006
This f*c king bastard should have chocked on his lobster tail and shrimp and saved the taxpayers the cost of the lethal injection. Hope the scum is burning in hell right about now.
Enough

Delray Beach, FL

#32 Oct 25, 2006
Gail Snail wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, the criminals have more rights than their victims. The criminals on Death Row get one appeal after the other and it continues for years, 12 in this case.
The Death Penalty needs to be revamped. Why should this scum be allowed all those appeals? They should get 1. Only 1. It's more than their victims got. Then their execution should follow in a timely manner. I say within 1 year, so they may get their personal matters in order.
And I feel, I know it probably won't happen, they should be put to death in the same way they killed their victims. Why should they get "put to sleep" like a beloved family pet?
Danny Rollins - R.I.H.
I bet, its all about the MONEY the suck ass attorney's somehow get paid big bucks to keep their case open for so long.
Glenda Shreveport LA

Lincoln, NE

#33 Oct 25, 2006
My heart goes out to the victims in Florida. I am deeply saddened that this monster called Shreveport as his "hometown". He murdered here too. I hope the victims' family members here finally have closure
Z4 for Me

Pompano Beach, FL

#34 Oct 25, 2006
Gail Snail wrote:
<quoted text>
Danny Rollins - R.I.H.
I agree. Take their a$$ out back and pump a 20 cent bullet between their eyes. Better yet, let the family of the victims pump the bullets.....one in the head for every human killed. Screw the lobster and shrimp dinner. This bastard ate better than I did today. I think I will celebrate his death tomorrow night @ Ruth's Chris with a lobster dinner. Anyone interested?
nina mcelwee

Miami, FL

#35 Oct 25, 2006
15 years too late. i'm sending a garbage
bag up to dispose of the body.
Richard

United States

#37 Oct 25, 2006
Get Wise wrote:
"How is death penalty a fair return for a serial killer? How is this fair for the victims?
Death penalty is something which is doesnt make much sense, it is extremly expensive on the tax-payers, and the murder gets away too easily..."
BLAH BLAH BLAH
It is NOT ABOUT REHAB, OR DETERTENCE that is IMPORTANT! PUNISHMENT - punishment FOR THE CRIME, that is the bottom line! Everybody pays sooner or later.
Florida leads the way for the number of innocent people released from death row. Protect society from killers. Forget about the other stuff.
Wes Woodall

Greensboro, NC

#38 Oct 25, 2006
Alicia wrote:
Why punish people to death? If Danny Rolling or any other murderer sentenced to death believed in any sort of afterlife then they were already living in Hell. Going day by day not knowing what sort of Hell their future pertakes. If God intended these horrible people to be dead then they would be dead. If anything the longer they are alive the longer they have to think about their victims and maybe one day learn how to feel regret and sorrow.
Have you read the OLD testament?
Wes Woodall

Greensboro, NC

#39 Oct 25, 2006
I would be willing to bet of the justice system would execute more people and do it faster without costing taxpayers so much money financing appeals and whatnot, crime would decrease bigtime. They should take them out behind the courthouse after their sentencing and take care of business right away. I don't like using my tax dollars to pay for this scum to stay alive for years tying up the courts.
Wes Woodall

Greensboro, NC

#40 Oct 25, 2006
Get Wise wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH
It coast about 80,000.00 per year to house an inmate. It costs about $30 bucks for the drugs for lethal injection. You do the math!
Cary

AOL

#41 Oct 25, 2006
Frank wrote:
How is death penalty a fair return for a serial killer? How is this fair for the victims?
Death penalty is something which is doesnt make much sense, it is extremly expensive on the tax-payers, and the murder gets away too easily... Why not replay back to the family and society, what about hard labor for the rest of his life?
Being that its the current jail system puts the criminals in a very confortable environment, a bed, 3 meals and cable TV... for nothing!!!
Then Murders get killed in the most gentle way posible.
I can see why this country has so many criminals, they are not scared at all to go to jail.
Repay the family and society? What is the value of 5 lives taken? What $ value do you place on your life? Sure, I would want Danny doing chores around my house, maybe wash my dishes and do some yard work while I constantly have to worry about him trying to kill me!

In the end, Danny has to answer to a higher power who makes the final judgment of his actions here on earth.
jessica

Spartanburg, SC

#42 Oct 25, 2006
i agree wih frank.it makes no sence how they could let a murderer die iwht out suffering.
how will you feel if it would of happend to you?
i know if that would of happend to me i want that person to suffer badly.
whats is this world turning to?
Terry

Stuart, FL

#43 Oct 25, 2006
murderers wrote:
You are murderers. you force every child to carry that name. You take what is God's alone. Sinners. You condone killing. you are as guilty as he. More so those who compare dollar bills to murder. You force your sin on me, as a citizen who has not been able to stop what you do. Then you write blood thirsty damnations of people you never met. You are all damned. Stop murdering people.
Damn...another wack job in this world.
Rick K

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#44 Oct 25, 2006
I bet your comments would have been different if one of your family members had their head removed by Danny or your sister was sexually assaulted and then murdered. Furthermore, just for your comment, how about I force feed you my male appendage until you die to be with Danny if you like him so much. And my bible is getting old so I'll take yours... you won't need it any longer.
murderers wrote:
You are murderers. you force every child to carry that name. You take what is God's alone. Sinners. You condone killing. you are as guilty as he. More so those who compare dollar bills to murder. You force your sin on me, as a citizen who has not been able to stop what you do. Then you write blood thirsty damnations of people you never met. You are all damned. Stop murdering people.
jessica

Spartanburg, SC

#45 Oct 25, 2006
i take your side on this one.
people in the street that dont care about life will try to do anything to go to jail because they know that their life will be easier.they provide them wiht food.bed.& showers.

i just dont understand.

take care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Supreme Court Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tennessee commission to consider asking for God... (Oct '15) 45 min Redeemed 82
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 214,641
News S.C. Gov. Haley signs bill outlawing most abort... 6 hr Retired SOF 21
News Tearful end to 11-year US church protest 7 hr Redeemed 1
News News 42 mins ago 6:55 a.m.Parishioners to leave... Sun RustyS 1
News Alabama Supreme Court annuls its ruling on lesb... May 28 Magic Utah Uwear 4
News South Carolina Gov. Haley signs bill banning ab... May 26 Hostis Publicus 2
More from around the web