Lowell bank wasn't buying this $10G bill

Lowell bank wasn't buying this $10G bill

There are 23 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 19, 2010, titled Lowell bank wasn't buying this $10G bill. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

When a woman came to Enterprise Bank on Gorham Street with a $10,000 bill yesterday morning, bank staff had to question its authenticity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Duh

Long Island City, NY

#1 Oct 19, 2010
My friend Lisa was working at the Caswell when this guy who called himself Happy Feet came in and tried to pay for his 2 month stay there with a fake 10k bill. Luckily she noticed this and investigated further. Upon review of the room she discovered a strangled girl and a pair of headphones. The case was solved right there and Lisa is a hero.
Her Owner

Tewksbury, MA

#2 Oct 19, 2010
I want my headphones back!
what

Lowell, MA

#3 Oct 19, 2010
Duh wrote:
My friend Lisa was working at the Caswell when this guy who called himself Happy Feet came in and tried to pay for his 2 month stay there with a fake 10k bill. Luckily she noticed this and investigated further. Upon review of the room she discovered a strangled girl and a pair of headphones. The case was solved right there and Lisa is a hero.
A hero for what, doing her job?!!??
Montgomery Burns

Chesterfield, MO

#4 Oct 19, 2010
what wrote:
<quoted text>A hero for what, doing her job?!!??
And counting out the change for $10K without using a calculator.

Since: Sep 08

Pelham

#5 Oct 19, 2010
Vote Republican
jingo

Haverhill, MA

#6 Oct 19, 2010
lisa sounds like a real sherlock holmes...
Left Lowell

Tewksbury, MA

#7 Oct 19, 2010
I wonder what kind of drugs the Lowell Lady is on???....lol
Sandra

Haverhill, MA

#8 Oct 19, 2010
Mental health issues? 99.99% of all criminals have mental problems,begining with the fact their parents are moronic,thus they reproduce like rabbits!
Sally

Lowell, MA

#9 Oct 19, 2010
A woman from Lowell with $10K is an oxymoron.
The Outlook

Peabody, MA

#10 Oct 19, 2010
She didn't get charged and arrested? What's wrong with LPD? If you or me were to walk in the store and give a 10 counterfeit bill to the cashier, I'm pretty sure we're get arrested on the spot and warrant to search the house already.
fruit of the loom

Westford, MA

#11 Oct 19, 2010
Sally wrote:
A woman from Lowell with $10K is an oxymoron.
ya an obama 3 dollar bill would of been better
Crap

Salem, NH

#12 Oct 20, 2010
What a moron. It's truly scary the level of ignorance that there is these days. On a positive note, it would be harder to find criminals like this if they were intelligent.
Crap

Salem, NH

#13 Oct 20, 2010
The Outlook wrote:
She didn't get charged and arrested? What's wrong with LPD? If you or me were to walk in the store and give a 10 counterfeit bill to the cashier, I'm pretty sure we're get arrested on the spot and warrant to search the house already.
I'm sure she did but this will be handled by Customs or Secret Service so LPD will only hold her until they arrive and collect her.
Crap

Salem, NH

#14 Oct 20, 2010
Duh wrote:
What an amazing set of detective skills she must have! How is Lisa not the Sheriff! What a great story.
Nancy M

North Billerica, MA

#15 Oct 20, 2010
Red flag on the counterfeit bill: they haven't been printed since the 1930's, yet there's a picture of Eisenhower on the bill! He wasn't president until the 1950's!
The Rooster

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2010
Vote Republican
The Rooster

United States

#17 Oct 20, 2010
fruit of the loom wrote:
<quoted text> ya an obama 3 dollar bill would of been better
If you have a Obama 3 Dollar Bill you get everything for free. Healthcare, Cellphones, Scratch Tickets,,,
Dave

United States

#18 Oct 20, 2010
I wonder if the banker knew it was supposed to be Salmon P. Chase on the bill.
Seth

Alpharetta, GA

#19 Oct 20, 2010
Someone likely bought it here:

http://www.milliondollarbillshop.com/eisenhow...

The woman probably found one of these, thought it was real, and tried to cash it.
Facts

Cranston, RI

#20 Oct 20, 2010
Yeah, it was Salmon P. Chase and last printed in 1946. How can you trust anything they say if they can't get two basic facts right? LowellSun needs to go back to school.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russian hacker faces decades in prison Fri USA Today 3
News Secret Service: Man planned to kidnap first dog (Jan '16) Apr 19 alina 7
News Oklahoma state senator plans to resign followin... Mar 23 Dakoter 44
News Man who drove suspicious car near White House i... Mar '17 RustyS 1
News Secret Service laptop containing Trump Tower ev... Mar '17 Cordwainer Trout 7
News White House intruder was on grounds for 15 minu... Mar '17 Texxy 1
News Poop scooper gets probation for using fake IDs,... Mar '17 CodeTalker 3
More from around the web