SC's top officers give tips on shopping safety

Full story: Clover Herald

Columbia police will join state and federal agents to give some tips on how to stay safe during the holiday shopping season.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3

Since: Nov 10

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

Remember to check your online shopping bill receipts for mistakes.

I've been overcharged on numerous occasions for special offer items, and the final cost of products before promotions was also incorrect on so many occasions. You cannot use two different money saving E-vouchers on the same shopping order. For example, you cannot use free delivery and a money off voucher on the same shopping order.

Many of the items delivered were severely damaged, opened, ripped apart, cracked, tins were heavily dented (several tins on one order for example), and goods, such as the polenta and organic sunflower oil were out of date by several months and weeks respectively. The tops on plastic bottles of washing up liquid were opened and leaked all over soft plastic bags containing delicate cotton wool bedding in the same bags, the cotton wool contents were soaked because the bags contained small air holes. The bread was stale and always out of date on the day of purchase. The antibacterial liquid soap, disinfectants, cleaning liquids, and other fluids were always open and leaked into bags containing other soft and delicate items.

I have since changed my online shopping name to another more European sounding name, in the hope that I would receive better service from the slipshod staff at **** in Poole. Itís only marginally better, so Iíve decided to resume shopping at Sainsburys for almost everything, although their toilet tissue, liquid hand soap and water is more expensive than the **** store in Poole.

Itís difficult to get good service etc if youíve got a foreign surname in this country. My mother is German, my father is Latvian, I have Swedish relatives, and I was born in Central London. Almost every firm in this country is racist, from British Airways and Virgin Airlines to Government organisations. I wish someone had told me that twenty years ago, so I could have immigrated a long time ago. Itís too late now, Iíll have to stay and roll up my sleeves.
Jikky

Kettering, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2010

Not almost every country in Britain is Racist - apparently you are just by saying that - most employers in Britain employ a cross section of the community be that English, Welsh, poles, Latvians, Indians, pakistanis etc.

I also do not understand why it is 20 years too late, I am sure if the country is as bad as you believe then you would be doing yourself (and by your own reckoning B.A and Virgin) a favour

Since: Nov 10

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2010

Jikky wrote:
Not almost every country in Britain is Racist - apparently you are just by saying that - most employers in Britain employ a cross section of the community be that English, Welsh, poles, Latvians, Indians, pakistanis etc.
I also do not understand why it is 20 years too late, I am sure if the country is as bad as you believe then you would be doing yourself (and by your own reckoning B.A and Virgin) a favour
Far too many employers and people in this country are racist, and you jikky peabrain, obviously haven't been to many offices or call centres in the U.K. to know how many afro-caribbean, asians and other foreign people are employed. Are you another dodgy bigot who reads and believes only what you read in the tabloids.

Also, it's far too late to join another country at my age, as I wouldn't qualify for a pension elsewhere. Now work it out if you haven't yet done your maths. I would also need a minimum of five hundred thousand pounds to immigrate anywhere.

Hey! why don't you do me a favour and go bug someone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••