Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion 11,004

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Full Story

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12341 Mar 6, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie the right tells themselves so they don't have to face the fact that their intellectually and morally bankrupt ideology has been rejected by the voters.
"Returning to their conservative base" is how the GOP got where they are and why they will be a permanent minority party.
Like every mid-term election, Democrats don't turn out and the President's party loses ground. That's just history.
Plus the GOP has been so successful at gerrymandering out Democratic districts that they are assured of picking up seats. That's what a party has to do when they can't win a free and fair election.
But, like 2010, you poor deluded wingers will read it as a signal that your extremism is the right path, double down on your failed ideology, and further assure your permanent minority status.
It's all so predictable. YOU are all so predictable.
LMAO!
OMG !!!

ROTFLMAO

Stop, stop, you're making my sides hurt Danny.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#12342 Mar 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
You hate the first amendment too eh Danny?
What a completely irrational and baseless assumption.

Care to share the "logic" that you used to arrive at that idiotic conclusion?

Chambersburg, PA

#12343 Mar 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG !!!
ROTFLMAO
Stop, stop, you're making my sides hurt Danny.
Does coming face to face with reality always make you laugh like a fool?

That explains a lot. It's no wonder you have an intellectually and morally bankrupt political ideology - you lack the capacity to accurately perceive reality.

And that same mental handicap is what destines your party to be a permanent minority party in this country.

LMAO!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12344 Mar 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Does coming face to face with reality always make you laugh like a fool?
That explains a lot. It's no wonder you have an intellectually and morally bankrupt political ideology - you lack the capacity to accurately perceive reality.
And that same mental handicap is what destines your party to be a permanent minority party in this country.
LMAO!
"your party"?

ROTFLMAO

You are clueless
Dan the Plant.
Your effectiveness here has been compromised.

Chambersburg, PA

#12345 Mar 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"your party"?
ROTFLMAO
You are clueless
Dan the Plant.
Your effectiveness here has been compromised.
I wonder why you avoid answering my questions.

I wonder why you've stopped even trying to debate the issues.

I wonder why all you do anymore is make personal attacks on me then run away.

I wonder why you don't know that all you're doing here now is embarrassing yourself.

LOL!
I wonder why

Los Angeles, CA

#12346 Mar 6, 2014
A sociopath is characterized by the deficit of social emotions such as love, guilt, shame or remorse.

According to the University of Tennessee-Knoxville, the sociopath lacks “a sense of moral responsibility and social conscience.”

Sociopaths often scheme to manipulate others without regard to consequences of inflicting harm.

It is the cold-hearted way the sociopath reacts to his victims that illustrates his lack of moral compass and detachment from other human beings.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#12347 Mar 6, 2014
Squach wrote:
We should have given them the same response we gave Japan in 1941.......at least we'd still be free.
If you had kept your pants up in the park, you would still be free, Squishy.

There are laws and when you violate them: you go to jail.

I think you will find that the close to 300 million Americans consider themselves free.

Maybe because we don't expose ourselves in the park?

PS: We did not respond to Japan in 1941 unless you want to count the places that we ended up surrendering. When we did respond, we attacked Japan, not the Chinese or the Vietnamese or or the Burmese because they were Asian.

We went after the country that we thought was responsible.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#12348 Mar 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
riiiiiiiight
<rolls eyes>
Hey AQ, one doesn't need to deal with Danny Boy for more than a few minutes to know EXACTLY what he is. It just amazes me how some people can arrive at a late and erroneous conclusion, long after everybody else has figured it out correctly, and think they've had an epiphany. Self delusion? Schizophrenia? Delusions of grandeur? Brainwashing? Bovine Excrement? Or a combination of all of the above? LMAO!!!! This is almost too much fun to watch.

Boggy Creek

#12349 Mar 6, 2014
Do all liberals think with their genitalia?

Boggy Creek

#12352 Mar 7, 2014
Two examples in a row. I guess that's a yes to my question. Thanks for clearing that up.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#12353 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>
That's a lie the right tells themselves so they don't have to face the fact that their intellectually and morally bankrupt ideology has been rejected by the voters.
"Returning to their conservative base" is how the GOP got where they are and why they will be a permanent minority party.
Like every mid-term election, Democrats don't turn out and the President's party loses ground. That's just history.
Plus the GOP has been so successful at gerrymandering out Democratic districts that they are assured of picking up seats. That's what a party has to do when they can't win a free and fair election.
But, like 2010, you poor deluded wingers will read it as a signal that your extremism is the right path, double down on your failed ideology, and further assure your permanent minority status.
LMAO!
For an example of what I am talking about, look at the 2013 governors race here in VA. The Libertarian Sarvis and Republican Cuccinelli split the republican/conservative vote and handed the governorship to McAuliffe.

And gerrymandering happens on BOTH sides of the aisle, Dannyboy. Happened in my district which held a republican majority for YEARS until our rep retired. My area got redistricted and merged with another district which has been controlled by a HARD LEFT, race-baiting democrat since 1992! So you claim that it is Republicans who are successfully gerrymandering is dishonest and misleading. Not that I would expect anything different from you.

“Stop that !!”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#12354 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>
My God man! Seriously?
LMAO!
You have God man? You God man Jesus?

“Stop that !!”

Location hidden

#12355 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>
I wonder why you avoid answering my questions.
I wonder why you've stopped even trying to debate the issues.
I wonder why all you do anymore is make personal attacks on me then run away.
I wonder why you don't know that all you're doing here now is embarrassing yourself.
LOL!
You like wonder?
Maybe see answer. Yes? Maybe you miss answer. Yes? Maybe you not like answer. Yes?

“Stop that !!”

Location hidden

#12356 Mar 7, 2014
Squach wrote:
Two examples in a row. I guess that's a yes to my question. Thanks for clearing that up.
You family like hide in wood. You hide in wood with wolf maybe?
I like wolf. Too many wolf maybe. Not much Squach in wood. Raptor in wood too maybe. Maybe big medicine in wood where squirrel eat. Yes?

Chambersburg, PA

#12357 Mar 7, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
For an example of what I am talking about, look at the 2013 governors race here in VA. The Libertarian Sarvis and Republican Cuccinelli split the republican/conservative vote and handed the governorship to McAuliffe.
And gerrymandering happens on BOTH sides of the aisle, Dannyboy. Happened in my district which held a republican majority for YEARS until our rep retired. My area got redistricted and merged with another district which has been controlled by a HARD LEFT, race-baiting democrat since 1992! So you claim that it is Republicans who are successfully gerrymandering is dishonest and misleading. Not that I would expect anything different from you.
Awww, there's that pesky reading comprehension handicap coming back to bite you again.

Yes, both sides gerrymander. But what I was saying was that the way districts are CURRENTLY drawn gives the GOP such an advantage CURRENTLY that picking up seats in 2014 is virtually guaranteed.

So, the point I was making is that picking up seats in 2014 doesn't indicate popular support of current GOP obstruction and extremism; it's a result of gerrymandering.

Get it now? Maybe you should read it a second or third time and see if that helps. LOL!

Chambersburg, PA

#12358 Mar 7, 2014
I've been dealing with Squash for a long time now. I know EXACTLY what he is.
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Hey AQ, one doesn't need to deal with Danny Boy for more than a few minutes to know EXACTLY what he is..
Why can't Squash think for himself? Why does he have to constantly parrot his intellectual superiors?

LOL!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#12359 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>
Awww, there's that pesky reading comprehension handicap coming back to bite you again.
Yes, both sides gerrymander. But what I was saying was that the way districts are CURRENTLY drawn gives the GOP such an advantage CURRENTLY that picking up seats in 2014 is virtually guaranteed.
So, the point I was making is that picking up seats in 2014 doesn't indicate popular support of current GOP obstruction and extremism; it's a result of gerrymandering.
Get it now? Maybe you should read it a second or third time and see if that helps. LOL!
And where is your proof of any such thing happening, Dan. Because I gave you a perfect example of the very opposite happening here. Or are you just talking out of your ass again?

“Stop that !!”

Location hidden

#12360 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>
You say number tell wrong story sometime maybe. Yes?

Chambersburg, PA

#12361 Mar 7, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And where is your proof of any such thing happening, Dan. Because I gave you a perfect example of the very opposite happening here. Or are you just talking out of your ass again?
Sorry, I forgot who I was talking to and treated you as if you are informed.

In the 2012 election, Congressional Democrats got 1.5 million more votes than Congressional Republicans, yet Republicans won a solid majority of seats in the House.

Know why?

GOP gerrymandering.

It's kind of shocking that you aren't aware of this. The GOP is bragging about it. You're even LESS informed that I thought. LOL!

----------

Republican State Leadership Committee:

On November 6, 2012, Barack Obama was reelected President of the United States by nearly a three-point margin, winning 332 electoral votes to Mitt Romney’s 206 while garnering nearly 3.5 million more votes. Democrats also celebrated victories in 69 percent of U.S. Senate elections, winning 23 of 33 contests.

Farther down-ballot, aggregated numbers show voters pulled the lever for Republicans only 49 percent of the time in congressional races, suggesting that 2012 could have been a repeat of 2008, when voters gave control of the White House and both chambers of Congress to Democrats.

But, as we see today, that was not the case. Instead, Republicans enjoy a 33-seat margin in the U.S. House seated yesterday in the 113th Congress, having endured Democratic successes atop the ticket and over one million more votes cast for Democratic House candidates than Republicans.

----------

Catch that? The GOP only got 49% of the vote yet they won a 33-seat margin in the House.

The GOP can't win in a free and fair election because the nation has rejected their extremist and obstructionist agenda, so they are left with gerrymandering and voter suppression to cheat their way into power.

It's sad, but it's temporary. National outrage is building and it's just a matter of time before you'll have to adapt or go away.

Chambersburg, PA

#12362 Mar 7, 2014
Fate of the Gerrymandering GOP

On election night last November, a shell-shocked Republican Party began the process of accepting its need to move to the center on issues relevant to specific constituencies like women and Hispanic voters.
But the fatal flaw in this reasoning was that too many elected Republicans, primarily on the House side, couldn’t care less about the national health of their party.
this fantasy that House Republicans will do what is in the best interest of their party fails to recognize the new, every-man-for-himself mentality of a gerrymandered House in which most Republicans are in deep red districts.
The Cook Political Report dug into each individual GOP House district recently, and the findings illuminate why most members have very little incentive to moderate on immigration, gun control, abortion, gay rights, climate change or any other hot social issue.
Some Republicans do see the bigger picture. Several conservative governors, like Florida’s Rick Scott, who came in at the same time as the Tea Party Congress have learned after overreaching and seeing their numbers plummet. They see now that they need to give at least the impression of moderation. They’ve focused more on economic issues and worked with their legislatures, and their approval numbers have climbed.

House Republicans have no such incentive. They realize they can continue to be a protest movement rather than a governing force, and still maintain their majority because of redistricting. To these members, compromise is never a consideration, no matter the issue. It’s their way or the highway.

http://washingtonspectator.org/index.php/BREA...

----------

Summery for the reading-challenged:

GOP gerrymandering has created an every-man-for-himself mentality in the House which damages the party nationally.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Multiple Hess Gas Stations Hit By Skimmers (Apr '14) 8 hr Choppa 15
Obama taps Clancy to lead the Secret Service Feb 19 Gruber Makes Sens... 2
Drone maker says it's 'highly unlikely' White H... Feb 2 Eleanor 2
Shots fired near Vice President Biden's Delawar... Jan '15 Gary 57
things to consider when buying a new home in sy... Jan '15 primebuildingbrokers 1
Secret Service Panel: Build Bigger Fence Around... Dec '14 Sunshine 2
Street Artist SABO Blasts Lena Dunham, Bill Cli... Dec '14 Anonymous 1
More from around the web