Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10984 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#12363 Mar 7, 2014
More GOP gerrymandering bragging:

----------

2012 Congressional Elections: REDMAPís Impact

Michigan
The effectiveness of REDMAP is perhaps most clear in the state of Michigan....Republicans gained control of redrawing Michiganís 148 legislative and 14 congressional districts.

The 2012 election was a huge success for Democrats at the statewide level in Michigan: voters elected a Democratic U.S. Senator by more than 20 points and reelected President Obama by almost 10 points. But Republicans at the state level maintained majorities in both chambers of the legislature and voters elected a 9-5 Republican majority to represent them in Congress.

Ohio
Ohio once again proved to be the national bellwether, voting to reelect President Obama to a second term in the White House by almost two points. On the statewide level, Ohioans also elected a Democrat to the U.S. Senate by more than five points. But the Republican firewall at the state legislative and congressional level held.

Republican redistricting resulted in a net gain for the GOP state House caucus in 2012, and allowed a 12-4 Republican majority to return to the U.S. House of Representatives

Pennsylvania
A REDMAP target state...Pennsylvanians reelected a Democratic U.S. Senator by nearly nine points and reelected President Obama by more than five points, but at the same time they added to the Republican ranks in the State House and returned a 13-5 Republican majority to the U.S. House.

Wisconsin
the GOP gained control of the redistricting process ...On a statewide level, in 2012, Wisconsin voters elected a Democratic U.S. Senator by nearly six points and reelected President Obama by nearly seven points, but still returned a 5-3 Republican majority to Congress.

----------

But AVboy's district once got gerrymandered by Democrats so claims that the GOP currently holds an advantage MUST be false.

LOL!

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12364 Mar 7, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, there's that pesky reading comprehension handicap coming back to bite you again.
Yes, both sides gerrymander. But what I was saying was that the way districts are CURRENTLY drawn gives the GOP such an advantage CURRENTLY that picking up seats in 2014 is virtually guaranteed.
So, the point I was making is that picking up seats in 2014 doesn't indicate popular support of current GOP obstruction and extremism; it's a result of gerrymandering.
Get it now? Maybe you should read it a second or third time and see if that helps. LOL!
"So, the point I was making is that picking up seats in 2014 doesn't indicate popular support "

What the hell Danny? Did you just say that the numbers do not indicate what they actually indicate? Why yes. Yes you did.
Interesting.

Chambersburg, PA

#12366 Mar 7, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"So, the point I was making is that picking up seats in 2014 doesn't indicate popular support "
What the hell Danny? Did you just say that the numbers do not indicate what they actually indicate? Why yes. Yes you did.
Interesting.
Don't you get tired of embarrassing yourself?

Seriously - read what I post before you respond. You're just making yourself look even more ridiculous.

Location hidden

#12367 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>
Don't you get tired of embarrassing yourself?
Seriously - read what I post before you respond. You're just making yourself look even more ridiculous.
I did Danny. You said that the numbers do not indicate what they actually indicate because you had your "redistrict" spin going full blast to explain why they indicate something they do not indicate.

Chambersburg, PA

#12368 Mar 7, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I did Danny. You said that the numbers do not indicate what they actually indicate because you had your "redistrict" spin going full blast to explain why they indicate something they do not indicate.
LOL! What I posted was very clear. If you don't understand, that's your issue.

Get back to me when you sober up.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#12370 Mar 7, 2014
Just Popn In wrote:
As a conservative, I actually see the point...from both sides.
The Second Amendment says "the right to keep and bear arms".
Nope.

Location hidden

#12371 Mar 7, 2014
Ho ho ho wrote:
Poor Danny, keeps getting his butt kicked and what does he do?
Poor BottleQueen: Topix keeps deleting his accounts but we have to suffer for the ease they allow new accounts.

“Stop that !!”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#12372 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>
LOL! What I posted was very clear. If you don't understand, that's your issue.
Get back to me when you sober up.
You know Danny, you may be on to something but not like you think. I just may have to down a few drinks and then see if your posts make sense.
What do you prefer? Whiskey? Wine? Beer? Moonshine?
FormerParatroope r

Monroe, NC

#12373 Mar 7, 2014
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I too was 100% against the Patriot Act from the very beginning. It is a knee-jerk reactionary garbage piece of legislation that proclaimed the terrorists complete victory to the entire world. The terrorists succeeded in doing EXACTLY what they set out to do..........they set in motion the mechanism by which the American way of life will be destroyed. We should have given them the same response we gave Japan in 1941.......at least we'd still be free.
It was happening before 9/11. That day only provided the reason to speed up the change. I read a few left and right sources about the history of the Act, both seem to say previous Bills and Acts are tied into the Act.

Unless we get rid of the status quo in DC, the Act will remain.
FormerParatroope r

Monroe, NC

#12374 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>
The site you linked to is dishonest. The site I linked to has a political perspective, but is not dishonest. Big difference.
The 3/5 compromise emboldened and empowered the south, protected their privileges and property, and ultimately led to the Civil War - and as such was a pro-slavery document.
That said, the document is eminently practical and, I believe, genius. So once the nation acknowledged that African Americans are fully equal and human, the Constitution provides a template to end slavery and grant full civil rights to all minorities. But ending slavery came from outside the Constitution with appeals to the language of the Constitution that did not originally apply to slaves.
I don't think the site I provided was no more dishonest as yours.

The 3/5 count kept Slave State representation lower in the government. Therefore less voice. Had slaves been counted fully, the Slave States could have done greater harm in Congress. Imagine in the mindset of that time,politicians advising slave owners to increase slave populations to increase the amount of Representatives in Government. That would have resulted in a different history, and not in a good way.

I agree at the genius of the Constitution, it is amazing what a group of differing individuals can rise to and create with good leadership, debate and an idea of freedom. I doubt we could find a group of people now who could debate and create a document of the genius today. Too much partisanship now and little common decent towards differing ideas.
FormerParatroope r

Monroe, NC

#12375 Mar 7, 2014
<quoted text>
So you also believe the country is becoming a police state. I'm actually a little surprised by that.
Here's what I would call it - a mature democracy being manipulated and perverted by a minority party to advance their minority agenda at any cost.
The GOP's willingness to jeopardize the full faith and credit of the US for political ends, to misuse minority protections in the Senate to undermine effective governance, and to hijack the electoral process through gerrymandering, secret spending, and voter suppression to advance an agenda that can't win a popular vote has handicapped our democracy. And, unfortunately, the Democrats lack the spine to aggressively confront any of it.
We are not a police state or anything close to it. There are many things wrong and dysfunctional with Washington, but suppression of freedom and dissent through threat of police or military force to protect totalitarian government control is not one of them.
I actually think it is becoming a nanny state, police state is a ways off.

It is the Republicans, and the Democrats that are selling a load of crap. The Democrats were the most effective in the last election as evidenced by the election. They were 2/3 effective, the Republicans 1/3.

Gearymandering is a practice of both parties. Both abuse it, both are guilty.

The rest of what you attribute to Republicans, is a farce. It is a perception they sell to keep a division in society. With us divided no common voice of true change can occur.

Partisanship is the greatest threat to our Republic. Ignorance of society, sound byte messaging and a apathy is going to be our downfall.

If it were Constitutional, I would require a citizenship exam for anyone who wanted to vote, and a score of 90% to be eligible. That would be true voter suppression as I doubt 20% of native born Americans could attain a passing score.

Dan your a smart man. Partisan, but smart. I used to be partisan, but as I aged and started paying more attention I realized the farce of the political divide.

Location hidden

#12378 Mar 9, 2014
Julia wrote:
This is interesting
Remember the movie "Casablana". Humphrey Bogart, played Rick, the freedom fighter.
In Casablanca, would Obama be Rick, the freedom fighter, or the depraved Nazi leader?
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/mobile/m...
C. Reefer smokin' piano player.

Location hidden

#12379 Mar 9, 2014
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually think it is becoming a nanny state, police state is a ways off.
It is the Republicans, and the Democrats that are selling a load of crap. The Democrats were the most effective in the last election as evidenced by the election. They were 2/3 effective, the Republicans 1/3.
Gearymandering is a practice of both parties. Both abuse it, both are guilty.
The rest of what you attribute to Republicans, is a farce. It is a perception they sell to keep a division in society. With us divided no common voice of true change can occur.
Partisanship is the greatest threat to our Republic. Ignorance of society, sound byte messaging and a apathy is going to be our downfall.
If it were Constitutional, I would require a citizenship exam for anyone who wanted to vote, and a score of 90% to be eligible. That would be true voter suppression as I doubt 20% of native born Americans could attain a passing score.
Dan your a smart man. Partisan, but smart. I used to be partisan, but as I aged and started paying more attention I realized the farce of the political divide.
"You think you have a choice. YOU DON'T. It's a big fcuking club, and you ain't in it. It's a big club and you and I are not in the club."
George Carlin

Location hidden

#12380 Mar 9, 2014
Julia wrote:
This is interesting
Remember the movie "Casablana". Humphrey Bogart, played Rick, the freedom fighter.
He wasn't a freedom fighter HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!~ what he did, he did for himself are you too dense to follow the plot?

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Location hidden

#12381 Mar 9, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't a freedom fighter HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!~ what he did, he did for himself are you too dense to follow the plot?
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
You think that a person can not fight for their own freedom. Apparently.

Location hidden

#12382 Mar 9, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that a person can not fight for their own freedom. Apparently.
So you never saw the movie?

Location hidden

#12383 Mar 9, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
A freedom fighter can be a man, but not all men are freedom fighters.
A man can be a freedom fighter, but not all freedom fighters are men.
Which is true kid?

Location hidden

#12384 Mar 9, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you never saw the movie?
Maybe I did. Maybe I did not.
Totally irrelevant to the point kid.

Location hidden

#12385 Mar 9, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
A freedom fighter can be a man, but not all men are freedom fighters.
You didn't see Casablanca, eh?

Location hidden

#12386 Mar 9, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I did. Maybe I did not.
Totally irrelevant to the point kid.
Actually, sonny, if you had seen Casablanca, you would know that the character played by Bogart was NOT a "freedom fighter".

So it could not be any more relevant.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Men wanted for allegedly taking over $30K from ... May 13 Belinda 1
US Secret Service Clothes (Sep '06) May 8 nikonnicky 28
News Russian hacker faces decades in prison Apr '17 USA Today 3
News Secret Service: Man planned to kidnap first dog (Jan '16) Apr '17 alina 7
News Oklahoma state senator plans to resign followin... Mar '17 Dakoter 44
News Man who drove suspicious car near White House i... Mar '17 RustyS 1
News Secret Service laptop containing Trump Tower ev... Mar '17 Cordwainer Trout 7
More from around the web