Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 11003 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#12156 Mar 4, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush's approval rate was 22 percent.
And that relates to today exactly how?
FormerParatroope r

Topeka, KS

#12157 Mar 4, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
My question to you is: you know your wife has been stepping out on you and you decide you are going to kill everyone in the family and then shoot yourself.
Do you start with the kids first, or do you shoot the wife?
And do you think anyone here believes you would finish by using the gun on yourself?
Completely ignorant, even for you. I feel sorry for you. If this is your real life persona and not just an act on the internet, I hope you would consider professional help.
FormerParatroope r

Topeka, KS

#12158 Mar 4, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you agree the problem should be solved by stopping the problem on the front end.
If not prosecuting people who kill other people is what you refer to as common sense in your last sentence, I'm guessing States Attorneys would prefer solutions that decrease rather than increase the number of dead bodies.
What we disagree on, I believe, is the intent of the proposed law.

Common sense is simple. Prosecute the person(s) responsible for the actions that led to either harm or death. If it were faulty planning on the part of law enforcement, the individual who decided to act on the faulty planning bears fulll responsibility.
FormerParatroope r

Topeka, KS

#12159 Mar 4, 2014
<quoted text>
Liberals can be civil, but we have the capacity to choose whether or not to be.
But the conservatives here just can't seem to help themselves. You can put on a temporary veneer of respectability, but when challenged to back up your claims and accusations with evidence, you always revert to your base nature - personal attacks and name calling.
There are a few of the liberals who have not attempted civility, just as a few conservatives have done the same.

The base nature of immaturity is not aligned to a political ideology, in my opinion it is a character flaw shared by many regardless of ideology.

A few on both sides I have reminded of civility, and both sides have attacked me for the idea of a civil debate.

You have maintained civility in our discussions, we disagree on 90%, yet the need to be stupid has not been evident. I hope that will continue.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#12160 Mar 4, 2014
Why can liberal think with their brain instead of their libido?
FormerParatroope r

Topeka, KS

#12161 Mar 4, 2014
Madison's first draft for what became the Second Amendment had said: "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed, and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country: but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms, shall be compelled to render military service in person."
But Henry, Mason and others wanted southern states to preserve their slave-patrol militias independent of the federal government. So Madison changed the word "country" to the word "state," and redrafted the Second Amendment into today's form:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State [emphasis mine], the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Interesting take on history . Here's another take from an equally biased site:

http://www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com/2...

I am not sure of the precedence of the slave idea, as I didn't see any cites from the authors to show their work for that idea. But an interesting idea.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#12162 Mar 4, 2014
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a few of the liberals who have not attempted civility, just as a few conservatives have done the same.
The base nature of immaturity is not aligned to a political ideology, in my opinion it is a character flaw shared by many regardless of ideology.
A few on both sides I have reminded of civility, and both sides have attacked me for the idea of a civil debate.
You have maintained civility in our discussions, we disagree on 90%, yet the need to be stupid has not been evident. I hope that will continue.
Of course I've been civil with you. Because you've been civil with me. That's how it works with me - I give what I get.

Chambersburg, PA

#12163 Mar 4, 2014
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting take on history . Here's another take from an equally biased site:
http://www.revolutionary-war-and-beyond.com/2...
I am not sure of the precedence of the slave idea, as I didn't see any cites from the authors to show their work for that idea. But an interesting idea.
Lots of other sources for that information. But if you want to see the original research, you can find it here: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm...

BTW - "equally biased site?" Please. LOL!

Chambersburg, PA

#12164 Mar 4, 2014
Squach wrote:
Why can liberal think with their brain instead of their libido?
LOL!

Chambersburg, PA

#12165 Mar 5, 2014
Speaking with syndicated radio host Thom Hartman on Sunday, National Urban Forum director Lawrence Jones delightedly told a second-hand story about of a member of his group lobbying a congresswoman, who reportedly told the NUF member, "You want to shoot me, donít you."

Jones said he didn't think this man actually wanted to shoot the congresswoman, but added, "that's probably a healthy fear for them to have."

"You know, I'm kind of glad that's in the back of their minds," he said. "Hopefully they'll behave."

----------

Seriously, right-wingers -- if you denounce this, I'm right there with you. The fact that the head of a left-leaning civil rights group would joke about this sort of thing is outrageous.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#12166 Mar 5, 2014
When citizens fear their government......you have tyranny. When the government fears it's citizens......you have liberty.

Chambersburg, PA

#12167 Mar 5, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
When citizens fear their government......you have tyranny. When the government fears it's citizens......you have liberty.
When public servants fear for their lives from disgruntled citizens....you have anarchy.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#12168 Mar 5, 2014
<quoted text>
When public servants fear for their lives from disgruntled citizens....you have anarchy.
That would depend on what those "public servants" are doing in order for those citizens to become "disgruntled", wouldn't it ???

And when those "public servants" are trying to turn this once great country into a police state, those citizens have a RIGHT to be disgruntled.

Chambersburg, PA

#12169 Mar 5, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
That would depend on what those "public servants" are doing in order for those citizens to become "disgruntled", wouldn't it ???
And when those "public servants" are trying to turn this once great country into a police state, those citizens have a RIGHT to be disgruntled.
If that was happening, perhaps you'd have an argument. But there's no rational way to make that argument today.

And anyone who believes the United States is becoming a police state is too irrational and unhinged to have easy access to deadly weapons.

Unhinged people become disgruntled over imaginary slights and theoretic threats. To support them in their threats to the life of our elected representatives and government employees is deeply irresponsible.

Location hidden

#12170 Mar 5, 2014
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only a right to be so, but a duty.

Location hidden

#12171 Mar 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Anarchy?
Anarchy does not exist simply because someone is afraid.

Location hidden

#12172 Mar 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Where do your sympathies lie? Russia? Ukraine?

Chambersburg, PA

#12173 Mar 5, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Anarchy?
Anarchy does not exist simply because someone is afraid.
Neither does liberty.

Chambersburg, PA

#12174 Mar 5, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do your sympathies lie? Russia? Ukraine?
Your question is irrelevant. We are talking about the United States.

Location hidden

#12175 Mar 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Neither does liberty.
Incorrect. It depends upon who is afraid of whom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House votes to overhaul the Secret Service Jul '15 Moliner 1
News First Lady: Secret Service Agents Taught Malia ... May '15 fedupwiththemess 3
News Gyrocopter pilot spoke with Tampa Bay Times bef... Apr '15 CSA 11
News Elder Bush's home alarm-free for 13 months Apr '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 4
News First lady: Secret Service agents taught Malia ... Apr '15 Responsibility 25
News Congress probes Clinton email scandal using new... Apr '15 Righteous 31
News First Lady Michelle Obama reveals that Secret S... Apr '15 fedupwiththemess 1
More from around the web