Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 11003 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#11662 Feb 25, 2014
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Asked and answered.
<quoted text>
You continue to avoid my question. Why is that?
I answered you as to how I decide what's legitimate and what's not. Why can't you do the same?
Is it because you are guilty of what you're accusing me of? You've pre-decided your position and you dismiss anything and everything that contradicts it while accepting anything that supports it.
I missed your reply. I went back and reread it. There was no question in it. What question?

So, instead of addressing the question head on and answering it headon, you once again avoid thinking for yourself and defer to others for guidance and direction.
The point? Just like I said from the beginning. Summaries of statistical data have been off base so many times it is almost a proverb.
Show us the actual research study Danny. We can analyze it for ourselves, as I suspect what you wrote here> " pre-decided your position" is exactly what that "research" was designed to do.
Why do you liberals always think this is a one way street?

Location hidden

#11663 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Make the consequences more than job loss - make it that you'll never work in law enforcement again. And the point of the jail time isn't reformation - it's punishment and therefore deterrent. We're talking about cops here - you know, people who respect the law and want to enforce it by catching bad guys.
BTW - if you have to resort to insults and name calling, you're losing the argument.
"the point of the jail time isn't reformation"?
Surely you jest.

" We're talking about cops here - you know, people who respect the law "
<rolls eyes>

They are citizens Danny. They are far from perfect. They should live and follow all the same rules as any other citizen. LEOs are NOT above the law.
As I recall, I have only addressed you as "Dan", "Danny", or "Danny Boy". If you have a problem being called by your name, take it up with your mom.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#11664 Feb 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed your reply. I went back and reread it. There was no question in it. What question?
So, instead of addressing the question head on and answering it headon, you once again avoid thinking for yourself and defer to others for guidance and direction.
The point? Just like I said from the beginning. Summaries of statistical data have been off base so many times it is almost a proverb.
Show us the actual research study Danny. We can analyze it for ourselves, as I suspect what you wrote here> " pre-decided your position" is exactly what that "research" was designed to do.
Why do you liberals always think this is a one way street?
*sigh*

I restated the question in the post - the third or fourth I asked it.

Here it is again:
"I answered you as to how I decide what's legitimate and what's not. Why can't you do the same?

Is it because you are guilty of what you're accusing me of? You've pre-decided your position and you dismiss anything and everything that contradicts it while accepting anything that supports it. "

Got it?

Chambersburg, PA

#11665 Feb 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
So if YOU'RE shown a photo of a car race and asked which car is leading, all YOU'D have to do is "think for yourself?" You know enough just by looking at the picture to answer the question without any additional information? Please.

The only way that's true is if you have pre-decided who the winner is. Is that the case with you? Sure seems like it. You've decided your car is winning no matter what evidence you're presented with.

LOL!

Chambersburg, PA

#11666 Feb 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"the point of the jail time isn't reformation"?
Surely you jest.
" We're talking about cops here - you know, people who respect the law "
<rolls eyes>
They are citizens Danny. They are far from perfect. They should live and follow all the same rules as any other citizen. LEOs are NOT above the law.
As I recall, I have only addressed you as "Dan", "Danny", or "Danny Boy". If you have a problem being called by your name, take it up with your mom.
Nobody's expecting anybody to be perfect. But if the wrong house is invaded and people are shot by the police then there must be consequences. Or we can stop doing no-knock raids. Either solution is satisfactory and adequate.

And if you distrust the police so much, why are you content with no-knock raids at all?

You said this:
"Your bullshit! is laughable and infantile"

And this:
"You get more and more ridiculous by the day"

You don't consider those comments to be insulting? You don't think you're calling me names when you say that?

Like I said: if you have to resort to insults and name calling, you're losing the argument.

Location hidden

#11667 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Asked and answered.
Just so you know Danny, when you and other anti-gun, anti-rights people, who have clearly shown they have an agenda hell bent to destroy our founding principles of freedom, look at a snapshot of statistical data (like the picture of the red car in front of the blue car), you draw false and misleading conclusions. You do this simply because there are countless other people, who like you, defer their thinking objectively to others, and will accept your "summaries" and will think that the red car is the leader. You will point to the snapshot of reality and tell them it's obvious the red car is in the lead, and non-thinking folks like you will swallow it hook, line, and sinker. The blue car is the leader Danny. The blue car is about to lap the red car.

Look at how many sheeple were freaked out by Orson Welles and his Martians are attacking spoof. Look at how many people thought that Jimmie Johnson won the Daytona 500 on Sunday when it was in fact Dale Earnhardt Jr.. They did not bother to observe nor heed the numerous notices that the race they were watching was a rerun of last year's race and that the current race was under a red flag rain delay.

You keep accusing us of having an agenda. Having an agenda is what you antis have Danny, as you intend to change what is already established. We have no "agenda" to enact nor employ Danny. Our goal and purpose is to simply stop people like you from enacting YOUR agenda. Your agenda is a death knell for our founding principles of freedom. You better wake up Danny.

Location hidden

#11668 Feb 25, 2014
godless wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, thanks for your useless opinion... now go wipe....
go down to the your local mall and talk to some people and ask them if they know and care what Abe did 200 years ago.... M0R0N...
next thing you will tell me the 10 commandments were handed down from god and they guide us to be civilized....you are stupid enough to believe that as well...
Already talked to thousands of people on the matter gl. They know. They care.
Maybe you will mature someday kid.

Location hidden

#11669 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
*sigh*
I restated the question in the post - the third or fourth I asked it.
Here it is again:
"I answered you as to how I decide what's legitimate and what's not. Why can't you do the same?
Is it because you are guilty of what you're accusing me of? You've pre-decided your position and you dismiss anything and everything that contradicts it while accepting anything that supports it. "
Got it?
Asked and answered Danny Boy.
I think for myself and avoid letting others do it for me ... like you do.

Yes, most definitely I know what is right and proper when it comes to the innate and natural born right to self defense which includes the right to keep and bear arms. You intend to infringe upon that right, and will lie, swallow lies, post only what seemingly supports your own pre-determined stance, and let others think for you, all for a hollow and false sense of security. You render the weak and the infirm helpless with your agenda Danny.
We began with the established position. You call that "pre_determination"? If you say so Danny Boy.
We have in fact "pre-determined" to stop you. We will do so.

Location hidden

#11670 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
So if YOU'RE shown a photo of a car race and asked which car is leading, all YOU'D have to do is "think for yourself?" You know enough just by looking at the picture to answer the question without any additional information? Please.
The only way that's true is if you have pre-decided who the winner is. Is that the case with you? Sure seems like it. You've decided your car is winning no matter what evidence you're presented with.
LOL!
I know enough to at least realize that it is a circle track Danny, and there is a 50/50 chance that either could be the leader.
Yes Danny, more information is needed ... just like your little "research" paper summary report needs more information and examination.

Why do you always fall into the straw Danny? Try to stay on point instead of always morphing the discussion into an area where you think you will not get your asshanded to you again.

Location hidden

#11671 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Nobody's expecting anybody to be perfect. But if the wrong house is invaded and people are shot by the police then there must be consequences. Or we can stop doing no-knock raids. Either solution is satisfactory and adequate.
And if you distrust the police so much, why are you content with no-knock raids at all?
You said this:
"Your bullshit! is laughable and infantile"
And this:
"You get more and more ridiculous by the day"
You don't consider those comments to be insulting? You don't think you're calling me names when you say that?
Like I said: if you have to resort to insults and name calling, you're losing the argument.
Yes, those are insulting. Your continual attempt to infringe upon the most basic of our inalienable rights is insulting to me and my fellow patriots. Tit for tat. You do not like it? Spit out the tit ... so the tat does not get aimed at you in return.
NO !!! That is NOT calling you names. I called you no names other than 3 forms of your name ... ALL respectful.

Show me where I said that I was "content with no-knock raids" Danny.

BTW Danny, if ALL the posts contain is insults and name calling, then you may have a point. Since there was great content with substance that actually addresses the points in discussion, in ALL of my posts to you ... you have NO point.
ALL you are currently doing is whining and deflecting because you got your asshanded to you ... AGAIN.
Grow up and engage the points or remain silent Dan. Your slip is showing.

Chambersburg, PA

#11673 Feb 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Just so you know Danny, when you and other anti-gun, anti-rights people, who have clearly shown they have an agenda hell bent to destroy our founding principles of freedom,
This is where I quit reading.

Get back to me when you calm down. This sort of hysterical exaggeration and irrational personal attack just shows that you've lost your capacity for calm, rational discussion.

Chambersburg, PA

#11674 Feb 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I know enough to at least realize that it is a circle track Danny, and there is a 50/50 chance that either could be the leader.
Yes Danny, more information is needed ... just like your little "research" paper summary report needs more information and examination.
Why do you always fall into the straw Danny? Try to stay on point instead of always morphing the discussion into an area where you think you will not get your asshanded to you again.
You set the terms of the metaphor. Don't get pissy with me just because you don't like where that leads.

You and nobody else can accurately and correctly determine who is winning the race from the picture. I ask experts for more information before forming my opinion. You pre-decided your driver is winning and dismiss any evidence that contradicts it.

That's the difference between rational, thinking people and you and the gunner crowd - I form my opinions based on the facts and evidence; your team "just knows."

Chambersburg, PA

#11675 Feb 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, those are insulting.
Yes, they were.

Because you know you've lost the debate. You are running from my questions and making personal attacks on me for answering yours.

You have resorted to insults and personal attacks because you have no more facts to bring. All you have left is what you KNOW.

LOL!

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#11680 Feb 25, 2014
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst president every.
Maybe Bush II... Polk or Bush II.
No, your 'master''obama' has already been voted the worst president ever.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#11683 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
You set the terms of the metaphor. Don't get pissy with me just because you don't like where that leads.
You and nobody else can accurately and correctly determine who is winning the race from the picture. I ask experts for more information before forming my opinion. You pre-decided your driver is winning and dismiss any evidence that contradicts it.
That's the difference between rational, thinking people and you and the gunner crowd - I form my opinions based on the facts and evidence; your team "just knows."
No, you form your 'opinions' on conjecture that is NOT in evidence.

THIS is the "evidence":

"The Right of the People to Keep and Bear Arms shall NOT be infringed."

"The claims of justice, both on one side and on the other, will be in force, and must be fulfilled; the rights of humanity must in ALL cases be duly and mutually respected..."--James Madison, The Federalist No. 43, Independent Journal, Wednesday, January 23, 1788.

"A constitution is, in fact, and must be regarded by the judges, as a fundamental law.... If there should happen to be an irreconcilable variance between the two, that which has the superior obligation and validity ought, of course, to be preferred; or, in other words, the Constitution ought to be preferred to the statute, the intention of the people to the intention of their agents."--Alexander Hamilton, The Federalist No. 78, Saturday, June 14, 1788.

Perversely applied legal 'precedence' is NOT "fact".

Location hidden

#11684 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
You and nobody else can accurately and correctly determine who is winning the race from the picture.
..."
Really? Do you suppose that is exactly why I wrote the following?

"Yes Danny, more information is needed "

Pay attention.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#11685 Feb 25, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, they were.
Because you know you've lost the debate. You are running from my questions and making personal attacks on me for answering yours.
You have resorted to insults and personal attacks because you have no more facts to bring. All you have left is what you KNOW.
LOL!
No, more like it's because >you< can't handle the TRUTH.

WHY IS THAT, DAN?

Is it out of cowardice?

Is it out of FEAR?

What causes you to have this insane trust of hired servants in government? And an abnormal fear of your fellow citizens being able to defend themselves? Especially when it is a well known MAXIM that "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely"? And that our Constitution, and the rights it secures, were INTENDED to be RESTRAINTS on the corrupting influences of "power".

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#11686 Feb 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Reincarnate the draft lottery so we can have that diverse advantage once again.
Very clever choice of words. Wonder if anybody else caught it?

Chambersburg, PA

#11687 Feb 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Do you suppose that is exactly why I wrote the following?
"Yes Danny, more information is needed "
Pay attention.
Right.

But when I said more information is needed, you claimed I was avoiding thinking for myself and mocked me for deferring to others for guidance and direction.

So which is it? Either more information is needed or those who seek more information can't think for themselves.

Or maybe it's just one standard for me and a different one for yourself.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#11688 Feb 25, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Kruschev reiterated Lincoln's words when he claimed that communism would topple America without them ever firing a shot as She would fall from within, and the progressives have been on task here for over 100 years. Step one? Corrupt the youth.
As the commercial goes ... the oldest trick in the book. "Lookest thou over there".
Most correct. Just take a look at how many of the "Current Communist Goals" have been fulfilled here in America. The 'progressive' traitors have achieved over half of their stated treasonous goals here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News House votes to overhaul the Secret Service Jul 27 Moliner 1
News First Lady: Secret Service Agents Taught Malia ... May '15 fedupwiththemess 3
News Gyrocopter pilot spoke with Tampa Bay Times bef... Apr '15 CSA 11
News Elder Bush's home alarm-free for 13 months Apr '15 Sterkfontein Swar... 4
News First lady: Secret Service agents taught Malia ... Apr '15 Responsibility 25
News Congress probes Clinton email scandal using new... Apr '15 Righteous 31
News First Lady Michelle Obama reveals that Secret S... Apr '15 fedupwiththemess 1
More from around the web