Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 11002 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

FormerParatroope r

Springfield, IL

#11065 Dec 16, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Checking to see if it's safe to misbehave?
Nah, just seeing which one wants to claim the status is all.
Hesiod 2K

Kansas City, MO

#11066 Dec 16, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Not the remotest connection to the topic.
Ever.
Help stamp out CenturySpam™!! Flag appropriately!
Wipe your chin, Sticky!

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#11068 Dec 17, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, just seeing which one wants to claim the status is all.
Not I! I've worked pretty hard at not growing up. Disneyland and Toys-R-Us just got replaced with Bass Pro Shop and Ace Hardware! LOL!

Boggy Creek

#11069 Dec 17, 2013
satanlives wrote:
Class please note, this is a prime example of a Satan worshiping moron. The EEG for this specimen is a perfectly flat line. The subject has chewed through the restraining straps and escaped from the max security padded cell on numerous occasions. Your assignment for tomorrow is; Complete frontal lobotomy or ultra electro-shock treatment? How would you treat the subject and what are the reasons for your choice? Class dismissed. Your assignment is due on arrival tomorrow. Have a good evening....

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#11070 Dec 17, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Not I! I've worked pretty hard at not growing up. Disneyland and Toys-R-Us just got replaced with Bass Pro Shop and Ace Hardware! LOL!
And Walgreens.
MERRY CHRISTMAS Hairy

Boggy Creek

#11071 Dec 17, 2013
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
And Walgreens.
MERRY CHRISTMAS Hairy
Howdy AQ! Good to hear from you again!!!

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours too.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#11072 Dec 17, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Not I! I've worked pretty hard at not growing up.
It shows.

Also explains why you insist felons should be able to buy firearms when thinking people disagree.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#11073 Dec 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It shows.
Also explains why you insist felons should be able to buy firearms when thinking people disagree.
Support drops for strict gun-control laws
12/13/13 11:00 AM—Updated 12/16/13 06:17 AM

Support for stricter gun-control laws has fallen sharply in the year since the December 2012 shooting massacre in Newtown, Conn, a new poll has found.

Fifty-two percent of respondents said they favor tougher legislation, a level comparable to public opinion before a gunman killed 20 children and six educators a year ago at Sandy Hook Elementary School, according to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted between Dec. 4 and Dec. 8. But in February – two months after the shooting – 61% supported stricter gun laws, according to an NBC News/WSJ poll at the time.

The NBC News/WSJ poll released Wednesday found that 38% of respondents said gun laws should remain the same, and 8% said legislation should be loosened. It also showed a clear divide between political parties: 76% of Democrats favor tougher gun control laws and just 28% of Republicans feel the same....
http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/support-fall...

Let's ban demonrats.

Location hidden

#11074 Dec 17, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Support drops for strict gun-control laws.
Support for Universal background checks is 90 percent, no matter ow hard you quote mine, troll.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#11075 Dec 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Support for Universal background checks is 90 percent, no matter ow hard you quote mine, troll.
CNN Poll: Support for stricter gun control fades

[12/04/2013]

"...According to a new CNN/ORC International survey, 49% of Americans say they support stricter gun control laws, with 50% opposed...."
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/12/...

Location hidden

#11076 Dec 17, 2013

Do stop spamming the thread, Shug.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#11078 Dec 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
Do stop spamming the thread, Shug.
Gun Stocks Soar, Gun Control 'Dead as an Issue'

by AWR Hawkins 13 Dec 2013

While the White House and Senate Democrats hammered guns and gun rights during 2013, investors put their money into gun company stocks and garnered "incredible returns."

According to The Wall Street Journal's Market Watch, "those who bought [stock in] Smith & Wesson in the aftermath of [the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary] have made profits of more than 60 percent."

Those who bought Sturm, Ruger & Co. stock have made profits of "nearly 80 percent."

These investments beat "the overall stock market by more than two-to-one."

As Breitbart News reported on December 6th, these gains have not been lost on mutual fund companies like Vanguard and Blackrock. They too have broadened their investments in various firearm companies over the last year, as have financial firms like Capital Research and Management.

As WSJ's Marketwatch put it: "Gun control is dead as an issue."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Location hidden

#11079 Dec 17, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
As Breitbart News
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHaH!

Location hidden

#11080 Dec 17, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
Those who bought Sturm, Ruger & Co. stock have made profits of "nearly 80 percent."
Obama economy.

Location hidden

#11081 Dec 17, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
According to The Wall Street Journal's Market Watch, "those who bought [stock in] Smith & Wesson in the aftermath of [the heinous crime at Sandy Hook Elementary] have made profits of more than 60 percent."
No doubt, Sandy Hook has been a cause for celebration for all you gun gnutters, Vince.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#11082 Dec 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHaH!
How about CNN, rat-troll?

Wall Street (and America) still love guns

By Paul R. La Monica December 5, 2013: 1:41 PM ET

Calls for tougher gun control laws are growing quieter -- and gun stocks have soared as demand continues to surge.

The opinions expressed in this commentary are solely those of Paul R. La Monica. Other than Time Warner, the parent of CNNMoney, Abbott Laboratories and AbbVie, La Monica does not own positions in any individual stocks.

For anyone who thought that last year's tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., would change America's love affair with guns, think again.

According to a CNN/ORC International poll released Wednesday, support for tougher gun control laws is down from where it was back in January -- just a few weeks after 20 children and six adults were killed by a gunman who then took his own life.

I can't say I'm surprised. If you look at how shares of public companies in the gun business have done since last December, it's clear that firearms are still a lucrative business.

In the immediate wake of the Newtown shooting, shares of gun makers Smith & Wesson (SWHC) and Sturm, Ruger (RGR) dipped.

So did shares of retailers Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS) and Cabela's (CAB)-- two companies that generate a decent chunk of revenue from sales of weapons.

But all the talk about how the Sandy Hook massacre would finally lead to tougher federal and state gun laws have been mostly just that -- talk.

Investor fears over the possibility of more regulation hurting gun companies' sales and profits -- which actually started to perk up after President Obama's re-election -- have pretty much faded away. Just look at how well most of the stocks have done in the past year....
http://buzz.money.cnn.com/2013/12/05/guns-sto...

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#11083 Dec 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama economy.
Obama Has Presided Over 5 of 6 Largest Deficits in U.S. History
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p...

Location hidden

#11084 Dec 17, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama Has Presided Over 5 of 6 Largest Deficits in U.S. History
Paying for Bush's recessions, wars, and tax cuts, Shug.

I don't blame you for moving off the topic, I've slapped the snot out of you here.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#11085 Dec 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame you for moving off the topic, I've slapped the snot out of you here.
President Obama's Legacy:$20 Trillion in Debt for 2016 Victor

"...The CBO’s bottom line: If we go over the fiscal cliff, the second Obama administration will accumulate $1.5 trillion in deficits for 2013-2017 ($300 billion per year), for a “modest” deficit of less than two percent of GDP. If Obama gets his full wish list and avoids the fiscal cliff, the CBO’s alternate fiscal policy projections yield a cumulated 2013-2017 budget deficit of $4.5 trillion. In this case, the second Obama administration will run annual deficits of almost a trillion dollars a year. Only this time round, Obama does not have the convenient excuse of a deep economic crisis inherited from the previous administration. As he assured voters in the election campaign – the recovery is underway. Do not worry...."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/paulroderickgrego...

“shall NOT be infringed”

Phoenix

#11086 Dec 17, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankly, I'm surprised that you are still able to type. You have after all had your head caved in even more than usual today. Perhaps it's time for you to take your meds and lie down?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Service: Man planned to kidnap first dog Apr 22 Jaimie 6
News Egyptian student faces deportation over Trump t... Mar '16 Lawrence Wolf 17
How secret service protect president,or preside... Feb '16 1996bram 1
News Why the Secret Service is such a mess Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 2
News Man detained after jumping over White House fen... Nov '15 WeTheSheeple 81
News Ben Carson to visit Syrian refugees in Jordan: ... Nov '15 Lawrence Wolf 13
News Sexting arrest latest embarrassment for Secret ... Nov '15 Bama Yankee 9
More from around the web