Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10690 Dec 7, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
After I already swatted you like a fly? Your lame argument
My argument is: a *couple* means TWO.

Not twenty or thirty.

No one is waiting for you to admit you are wrong, SodoMite.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#10691 Dec 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
My argument is: a *couple* means TWO.
Not twenty or thirty.
No one is waiting for you to admit you are wrong, SodoMite.
And you've already been PROVEN wrong. Your "argument" MEANS NOTHING. Already provided the definition of the word "couple". And it CONCLUSIVELY proves you wrong.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#10692 Dec 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
My argument is: a *couple* means TWO.
Not twenty or thirty.
No one is waiting for you to admit you are wrong, SodoMite.
Full Definition of COUPLE
1
a : two persons married, engaged, or otherwise romantically paired
b : two persons paired together
2
: pair, brace
3
: something that joins or links two things together: as
a : two equal and opposite forces that act along parallel lines
b : a pair of substances that in contact with an electrolyte participate in a transfer of electrons which causes an electric current to flow

4
: an indefinite small number : few <a couple of days ago>
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cou...

There were only a COUPLE/FEW firearms manufacturers up until around 1975. Now there are close to TWO HUNDRED.

The MARKET HAS GROWN TO MEET THE DEMAND.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10693 Dec 7, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Full Definition of COUPLE
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

MOMMY! Barefoot2626 crammed it up wazoo again!

Couple = TWO. One... two...

Poor Sodomite... can't admit he's ever wrong.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10694 Dec 7, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
There were only a COUPLE/FEW firearms manufacturers up until around 1975.
Poor 2ndNvrRight : we all saw what you said, Shug.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10695 Dec 7, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there are close to TWO HUNDRED.
You are wrong.

Of course, I could tell you how wrong, but you redefine words in the English language after I prove you wrong.

You changed "couple" to a "few" and somehow think you can make it cover a couple hundred.

You are wrong here too. Close to two hundred?

Tell us: how close do you want to make it before you are wrong, dear?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#10696 Dec 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
MOMMY! Barefoot2626 crammed it up wazoo again!
Couple = TWO. One... two...
Poor Sodomite... can't admit he's ever wrong.
You're so lame that you don't even realize how much of a fool you present yourself to be.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#10697 Dec 7, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong.
Of course, I could tell you how wrong, but you redefine words in the English language after I prove you wrong.
You changed "couple" to a "few" and somehow think you can make it cover a couple hundred.
You are wrong here too. Close to two hundred?
Tell us: how close do you want to make it before you are wrong, dear?
And yet you cannot prove it. Fancy that. And the only one that has been proven wrong,(as usual) is >you<. Your little petty attempt at mincing words BLEW UP in your face, thanks to Mr. Webster.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#10698 Dec 7, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
There were only a COUPLE/FEW firearms manufacturers up until around 1975. Now there are close to TWO HUNDRED.
The MARKET HAS GROWN TO MEET THE DEMAND.
Fact Check: Undetermined, likely true

My research found that there are currently 115 gun manufacturers in the United States, although there may be more that operate in alternative markets (non lethal, collector, restoration, target practice, etc).

While I cannot verify that there are more gun makers today than there were in 1975, I can verify that the market took a dramatic shift at that time.

From the 1900's to the 1970's, US gun makers focused on specific markets - hunters, farmers, law enforcement, the military and those who used guns for outside sports and labor. During this period, guns were seen as tools or work aids. The consumer market was very limited.

By the 70's, this market was saturated and gun makers began to shift their efforts from selling guns for utilitarian purposes, to selling directly to consumers for recreation and defense - which coincided perfectly with the boomer generation and an emerging gun lobby.

During this period, gun sales skyrocketed at "gun shows," which originally were intended to be exposition rather than the flea market it has become. As a result, many Americans now buy guns at shows and they have dramatically opened the market for unlicensed dealers to sell large numbers of firearms directly to consumers.

Aesthetics now play a part as well - people used to buy a rifle for hunting or work and kept it for 40 years. Now many people buy guns based on how they look and individuals buy many more than what would be necessary for sport, practice or self-defense.

So while I cannot speak directly to the statement that gun manufacturers have increased dramatically since 1975, the market analysis would support that claim.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10699 Dec 7, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so lame that you don't even realize how much of a fool you present yourself to be.
It would have been better in you just admitted you were wrong... any of the last five times you were wrong today, Vince.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10700 Dec 7, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you cannot prove it.
It's already proved.

You keep thinking "proof" means: you get to agree.

Wipe your chin, fool.

By the way: "couple" means two.

In a pinch, in sloppy way of speaking... it might mean two or three with the emphasis on not much difference in value of the whole, e.g., if you drop some pennies and you say you dropped a couple of pennies... and it turned out to be three pennies... maybe even four... but that's with the understanding that you meant two.

Couple doesn't mean more than twenty when you are at five, Sweet Pea.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10701 Dec 7, 2013
Bunny Corcoran wrote:
My research found that there are currently 115 gun manufacturers in the United States
Over 5,000. According to the ATF.

And let's remember that GumsShows said there were fewer than ten in 1975.

That is to say he named five and said there were a couple more... which means seven.

You do agree that "couple" means two?

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#10702 Dec 8, 2013
Bunny Corcoran wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact Check: Undetermined, likely true
My research found that there are currently 115 gun manufacturers in the United States, although there may be more that operate in alternative markets (non lethal, collector, restoration, target practice, etc).
While I cannot verify that there are more gun makers today than there were in 1975, I can verify that the market took a dramatic shift at that time.
From the 1900's to the 1970's, US gun makers focused on specific markets - hunters, farmers, law enforcement, the military and those who used guns for outside sports and labor. During this period, guns were seen as tools or work aids. The consumer market was very limited.
By the 70's, this market was saturated and gun makers began to shift their efforts from selling guns for utilitarian purposes, to selling directly to consumers for recreation and defense - which coincided perfectly with the boomer generation and an emerging gun lobby.
During this period, gun sales skyrocketed at "gun shows," which originally were intended to be exposition rather than the flea market it has become. As a result, many Americans now buy guns at shows and they have dramatically opened the market for unlicensed dealers to sell large numbers of firearms directly to consumers.
Aesthetics now play a part as well - people used to buy a rifle for hunting or work and kept it for 40 years. Now many people buy guns based on how they look and individuals buy many more than what would be necessary for sport, practice or self-defense.
So while I cannot speak directly to the statement that gun manufacturers have increased dramatically since 1975, the market analysis would support that claim.
Thank you.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#10703 Dec 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would have been better in you just admitted you were wrong... any of the last five times you were wrong today, Vince.
It is pitiful that the only "win" that you can have is in your own imagination.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#10704 Dec 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's already proved.
You keep thinking "proof" means: you get to agree.
Wipe your chin, fool.
By the way: "couple" means two.
In a pinch, in sloppy way of speaking... it might mean two or three with the emphasis on not much difference in value of the whole, e.g., if you drop some pennies and you say you dropped a couple of pennies... and it turned out to be three pennies... maybe even four... but that's with the understanding that you meant two.
Couple doesn't mean more than twenty when you are at five, Sweet Pea.
The good thing about you, is that you provide ample proof of your own ignorance. So, it doesn't take much to swat you back down into the gutter from which you arose.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#10705 Dec 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 5,000. According to the ATF.
And let's remember that GumsShows said there were fewer than ten in 1975.
That is to say he named five and said there were a couple more... which means seven.
You do agree that "couple" means two?
No, dearie. That's the number of your 'tricks' each week. Times that by .02 each, and that gives you a weekly take of $100.00.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10707 Dec 8, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
It is pitiful that the only "win" that you can have is in your own imagination.
"Couple" means two, Shug.

Sometimes it can mean two or maybe three but really... it means two.

Not twenty or thirty or any number you want.

Of course: you insisted that 231 was a small number than 200.

I think it is a mental condition you and your aliases suffer.

Just between me and you: it makes it obvious when you switch your aliases.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#10708 Dec 8, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Couple" means two, Shug.
Sometimes it can mean two or maybe three but really... it means two.
Not twenty or thirty or any number you want.
Of course: you insisted that 231 was a small number than 200.
I think it is a mental condition you and your aliases suffer.
Just between me and you: it makes it obvious when you switch your aliases.
Poor pathetically lame troll. Mr. Webster already refuted your illiterate contention. Now get back out on the boulevard and turn some more tricks. Your 'daddy' isn't going to like it if you don't bring in your quota.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#10709 Dec 8, 2013
2ndAmRight wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor pathetically lame troll. Mr. Webster
Couple means two, Shug.

“shall NOT be infringed”

Since: Oct 13

Phoenix

#10711 Dec 8, 2013
Katey Morgan Davis wrote:
<quoted text>Are we going have to listen to you belly ache for the next 6 weeks about "couple".? Move on already! You have got to be one of the most pathetic trolls on this thread. Who cares what "couple" is anymore. Its over, its old news, stop obsessing.
"Obsessing" on insignificant things is all that she has.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Watauga bookkeeper pleads guilty to embezzlemen... 13 hr John 1
News TPD Seeks Man Suspected Of Passing Counterfeit ... Feb 1 terrorheartland 1
News Called to a spot near the White House, DC fire ... Jan 24 Watson 1
News Murder suspect Ager Hasan extradited back to Ca... Jan '18 snow on the way f... 1
News Secret Service interviews person over manure se... Dec '17 Retribution 3
News Secret Service apprehends attempted White House... Nov '17 CodeTalker 4
News Prosecutors want Shkreli's bail revoked over Cl... Sep '17 Minnesota Mike 3
More from around the web