Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion 11,003

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Full Story

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#9881 Oct 28, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Okay Squash Jr. You're using his same lame "prove me wrong" argument to avoid substantiating your baseless claim.
If you can't prove it, just say so. I already know that's the case, but you'll feel better if you display a little integrity for a change.
Do you use the same lame excuse every time you put your foot in your mouth? You, Danny Boy, are the one who needs to display some integrity for a change. What a welcome change it would be too.

Boggy Creek

#9882 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Find that proof that most shootings are done by criminals and psychos?
No?
I didn't think so.
LMAO!
Still squirming under the spotlight, eh? In case you haven't noticed, your deflection attempts aren't working.....not even a little bit. I challenge you to quantify your statistic and you answer with accusations. You sound a lot like the guy in the White House. There are 26000 falling deaths in this country every year. Should we regulate, restrict, and ban ladders? Or maybe just large capacity extension ladders? Makes about as much sense as what you advocate. Unless you can show what your statistic really represents it's worthless. But you already know that, broken down into it's individual parts, your statistic does not support your argument. That's why you're avoiding the questions. Try again....

Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke is still on you.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9883 Oct 29, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Still squirming under the spotlight, eh? In case you haven't noticed, your deflection attempts aren't working.....not even a little bit. I challenge you to quantify your statistic and you answer with accusations. You sound a lot like the guy in the White House. There are 26000 falling deaths in this country every year. Should we regulate, restrict, and ban ladders? Or maybe just large capacity extension ladders? Makes about as much sense as what you advocate. Unless you can show what your statistic really represents it's worthless. But you already know that, broken down into it's individual parts, your statistic does not support your argument. That's why you're avoiding the questions. Try again....
Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke is still on you.
We regulate workplace safety which has reduced the number of fatal falls in the US.

Likewise additional regulation of firearm safety would reduce the number of fatal shootings in the US.

These are simple, objective facts supported by the evidence. Why can't you support YOUR claims with evidence?

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#9884 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
We regulate workplace safety which has reduced the number of fatal falls in the US.
Likewise additional regulation of firearm safety would reduce the number of fatal shootings in the US.
These are simple, objective facts supported by the evidence. Why can't you support YOUR claims with evidence?
Dan,

Serious question here.

Do you believe it is possible to over-regulate something?

Location hidden

#9885 Oct 29, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan,
Serious question here.
Do you believe it is possible to over-regulate something?
I always answer your questions. How about you answer a couple before I answer more?

When was the last time you attempted suicide?

What is your empirical support for the assertion that "If someone wants to "end it all" they will do it with whatever is available"?

#9886 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
I always answer your questions. How about you answer a couple before I answer more?
When was the last time you attempted suicide?
What is your empirical support for the assertion that "If someone wants to "end it all" they will do it with whatever is available"?
Never.

You already agreed with my assertion on the matter, so no need to continue.

Now, do you wish to continue deflecting?

Location hidden

#9887 Oct 29, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Never.
You already agreed with my assertion on the matter, so no need to continue.
Now, do you wish to continue deflecting?
Thanks for one answer.

I never agreed to your false assertion. I specifically disagreed with your assertion. You are lying.

These weren't deflections. They were an attempt to get you to debate with integrity. I should have known that was fruitless.

And, yes, there is absolutely such a thing as over-regulation.

And let me know when you find that empirical evidence that all people who committed suicide with guns would have found another way - you know, something more than your opinion.

Boggy Creek

#9888 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Did you need a background check to buy that step ladder in the garage? The "regulation" hasn't changed the statistic, there are still 26000 falling deaths per year. Likewise additional regulation of firearms will have no impact on your statistic. So here's what we've got, if you regulate and restrict ladders........people find another way to fall and die. If you regulate firearms......psychos and criminals find another way to obtain firearms (they already have) and kill innocent people. See how that works? Squirm as you may, the onus is still on you to answer the questions and properly quantify your statistic. Otherwise you're just blowin' hot air. Try again Danny Boy.

#9889 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Okay Squash Jr. You're using his same lame "prove me wrong" argument to avoid substantiating your baseless claim.
If you can't prove it, just say so. I already know that's the case, but you'll feel better if you display a little integrity for a change.
Lie caught.

Here you agreed with me.

Thank you for your time.

Location hidden

#9890 Oct 29, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie caught.
Here you agreed with me.
Thank you for your time.
How did I agree with you there? By calling your claim baseless or by saying that I knew you couldn't prove it?

LOL!

Location hidden

#9892 Oct 29, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit. Did you need a background check to buy that step ladder in the garage? The "regulation" hasn't changed the statistic, there are still 26000 falling deaths per year. Likewise additional regulation of firearms will have no impact on your statistic. So here's what we've got, if you regulate and restrict ladders........people find another way to fall and die. If you regulate firearms......psychos and criminals find another way to obtain firearms (they already have) and kill innocent people. See how that works? Squirm as you may, the onus is still on you to answer the questions and properly quantify your statistic. Otherwise you're just blowin' hot air. Try again Danny Boy.
Because of OSHA regulations and regulations for assisted living and personal care homes, death rates by falling are lower than they were before those regulations.

I've provided the source for my statistics. Why won't you provide one for your assertion?

It's because you know it's false, isn't it?

LOL!

Boggy Creek

#9893 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks for one answer.
I never agreed to your false assertion. I specifically disagreed with your assertion. You are lying.
These weren't deflections. They were an attempt to get you to debate with integrity. I should have known that was fruitless.
And, yes, there is absolutely such a thing as over-regulation.
And let me know when you find that empirical evidence that all people who committed suicide with guns would have found another way - you know, something more than your opinion.
Gee Danny, you haven't answered the suicide question yet and you're calling someone else a liar. Can you say PROJECTION?

How many of your 32000 gun deaths are suicides with a history of multiple attempts?

#9894 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
How did I agree with you there? By calling your claim baseless or by saying that I knew you couldn't prove it?
LOL!
You did not state "I knew you couldn't prove it."

You stated, in response to my post that "I already knew that was the case."

Now continue to spin and twist.

Boggy Creek

#9895 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Because of OSHA regulations and regulations for assisted living and personal care homes, death rates by falling are lower than they were before those regulations.
I've provided the source for my statistics. Why won't you provide one for your assertion?
It's because you know it's false, isn't it?
LOL!
If that's true, why are there still 26000 falling deaths per year? A reduction in the work place and in nursing homes didn't equate to a reduction of the over all rate of death by falling. What does that tell you? In simple terms..........people found another way to fall and die at the same rate. We're talking about the private ownership of ladders, ropes, scaffolds, stairs, etc, should they be regulated too? Is there any aspect of a citizen's private life that you DON'T want to regulate and restrict?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C. S. Lewis

Location hidden

#9896 Oct 29, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Gee Danny, you haven't answered the suicide question yet and you're calling someone else a liar. Can you say PROJECTION?
How many of your 32000 gun deaths are suicides with a history of multiple attempts?
About 40% of gun deaths are suicides. As far as I know, nobody tracks how many of those have a history of multiple attempts.

Do you have the answer, or is this just another in a long line of questions you're asking because you have no idea yourself?

Location hidden

#9897 Oct 29, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not state "I knew you couldn't prove it."
You stated, in response to my post that "I already knew that was the case."
Now continue to spin and twist.
I already knew it was the case that you couldn't prove it, but I was giving you the chance to show some integrity.

Your reading comprehension handicap doesn't make me a liar or spinning and twisting.

Location hidden

#9898 Oct 29, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>If that's true, why are there still 26000 falling deaths per year? A reduction in the work place and in nursing homes didn't equate to a reduction of the over all rate of death by falling. What does that tell you? In simple terms..........people found another way to fall and die at the same rate. We're talking about the private ownership of ladders, ropes, scaffolds, stairs, etc, should they be regulated too? Is there any aspect of a citizen's private life that you DON'T want to regulate and restrict?
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
- C. S. Lewis
Oh, the death rate from falls has always been the level it is today? There has never been any reduction?

Only 6000 of those falls happened in the home. You're just making shit up again.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#9899 Oct 29, 2013
<quoted text>
About 40% of gun deaths are suicides. As far as I know, nobody tracks how many of those have a history of multiple attempts.
Do you have the answer, or is this just another in a long line of questions you're asking because you have no idea yourself?
Try again, Danny Boy.

From a link attached to your link (Death: Final Data for 2010, table 18): http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr...

Go to page 11, left hand column under "Firearm"....." Two major component causes of all firearm injury deaths in 2010 were suicide (61.2%) and homicide (35.0%)

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#9900 Oct 29, 2013
What were you saying about someone else "making up shit again"?

Location hidden

#9901 Oct 29, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Try again, Danny Boy.
From a link attached to your link (Death: Final Data for 2010, table 18): http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr61/nvsr...
Go to page 11, left hand column under "Firearm"....." Two major component causes of all firearm injury deaths in 2010 were suicide (61.2%) and homicide (35.0%)
Oh, I see where I goofed - I was looking at the chart for gun suicides by teenagers. Sorry about that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secret Service director faces grilling over sec... 1 hr Lawrence Wolf 12
White House Breach 'Will Never Happen Again' 3 hr Jeff Brightone 1
Prospect of tighter White House security touche... Mon The Mad Man 1
White House boosts security after breach Sep 26 Obama Bad 25
White House intruder to face charges in court Sep 24 Obama Bad 5
Secret Service chief steps up security outside ... Sep 23 Go Blue Forever 5
Accused White House intruder was disabled Iraq ... Sep 23 Go Blue Forever 17

US Secret Service People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE