Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion 11,003

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#9859 Oct 28, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
Study: U.S. Hospitals Admit 7,500 Kids A Year With Gunshot Wounds
A new study says that each year approximately 7,500 children are admitted to U.S. hospitals with gunshot wounds and more than 500 children die during hospital admission from these injuries.
An abstract of the study, titled "United States Gunshot Violence--Disturbing Trends," was presented on Sunday by researchers at the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) National Conference and Exhibition in Orlando, Fla.
The study also found that states with higher numbers of firearm ownership had higher proportions of childhood gunshot wounds.
As part of the study, researchers reviewed records for 36 million pediatric hospital admissions from the years 1997, 2000, 2003, 2006, and 2009. And they found that the gunshot wound numbers have gone up. Between 1997 and 2009, hospitalizations from gunshot wounds rose from 4,270 to 7,730, and in-hospital deaths rose from 317 to 503.(And the numbers for both figures, hospitalizations and deaths, were higher in 2006 than 2009.)
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckraker/study-...
----------
How many of those numbers don't count, Squash?
How many of those shot kids do you want to dismiss?
How many were self-inflicted?

Why you ask?

If someone wants to "end it all" they will do it with whatever is available.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9860 Oct 28, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
If someone wants to "end it all" they will do it with whatever is available.
Source please.

#9861 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Source please.
Logic.

A brain.

Need more?

You disagree with my statement? Refute it properly.

#9862 Oct 28, 2013
By the way, when is the last time you attempted suicide, Dan?

Location hidden

#9863 Oct 28, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic.
A brain.
Need more?
LOL! Okay Squash Jr. You're using his same lame "prove me wrong" argument to avoid substantiating your baseless claim.

If you can't prove it, just say so. I already know that's the case, but you'll feel better if you display a little integrity for a change.

#9864 Oct 28, 2013
Please note, post about you attempting suicide is a question, not a suggestion.

Location hidden

#9865 Oct 28, 2013
Think about this gunners:

Suicide rates are highest where gun ownership is highest. The rate of mental illness does not impact this fact. And households with guns present have the higher rate of completed suicides than households who don't own firearms.

IOW - merely owning a gun increases your level of suicide risk, whether or not you have a mental illness and whether or not guns are used in completed suicides.

Location hidden

#9866 Oct 28, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
By the way, when is the last time you attempted suicide, Dan?
Never.

You?

Location hidden

#9867 Oct 28, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
Please note, post about you attempting suicide is a question, not a suggestion.
When was the last time you attempted suicide?

#9868 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Okay Squash Jr. You're using his same lame "prove me wrong" argument to avoid substantiating your baseless claim.
If you can't prove it, just say so. I already know that's the case, but you'll feel better if you display a little integrity for a change.
If you need proof for the obvious, what an insecure person you are.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#9869 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
*sigh*
Again - you are the one who is making the assertion that all of those 32,000 deaths shouldn't count for one reason or another. I say they all count, so parsing the number isn't my argument - it's yours.
And you keep asking me to prove it because you can't.
So keep asking, loser. Every time you do, it's an admission you can't support your position with evidence.
By refusing to answer the queations you are the one admitting that you can't support your position when anyone questions the validity of your propaganda. Your desperate squirming is laughable. It's your statistic Danny Boy, if you can't quantify it properly then don't use it. Just to put the finishing touch on this the final question that I ASKED of you was: How many of those 32000 deaths you love to screech about do you anticipate preventing with your ineffectual and unconstitutional gun control measures.

The other part of that last question is what will you advocate when there are still 32000 gun deaths (or more) per year after you enact your doomed measures?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#9870 Oct 28, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that's right! It's never what it really is when YOU do it. Like your personal insults
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MOMMY! I can dish it out b-b-b-bb-b-but I can't take it!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Location hidden

#9871 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
When was the last time you attempted suicide?
When did you stop molesting your children?

Location hidden

#9872 Oct 28, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>By refusing to answer the queations
~stomp stomp stomp~ MOMMY! I get to ask loaded questions but I don't have to respond to them!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If they don't respond, it must be trueeeeeee!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

When did you give your last Basera Job, Squishy?

From the look on your face, it didn't taste too good.

Location hidden

#9873 Oct 28, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
Need more?
WAHHHHHHHHHH! MOMMY! Why do I have to prove what I say just because Everyone else does?
DGS

Fayetteville, PA

#9875 Oct 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Source please.
I am his source. Recently I had the opportunity to travel the United States and I spoke with everyone that committed suicide just before they carried out the task. They indeed used whatever was available. I have signed an affidavit attesting to this fact and it has been sealed in a Hellman's Mayonaise jar on the front door of Funk and Wagnall's since noon yesterday.

Location hidden

#9876 Oct 28, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>By refusing to answer the queations you are the one admitting that you can't support your position when anyone questions the validity of your propaganda. Your desperate squirming is laughable. It's your statistic Danny Boy, if you can't quantify it properly then don't use it. Just to put the finishing touch on this the final question that I ASKED of you was: How many of those 32000 deaths you love to screech about do you anticipate preventing with your ineffectual and unconstitutional gun control measures.
The other part of that last question is what will you advocate when there are still 32000 gun deaths (or more) per year after you enact your doomed measures?
I quantified it. Remember the CDC link?

I am only interested in implementing measures that will work, so the rate will obviously go down. I'd be content to reduce the number by 1/3.

Location hidden

#9877 Oct 28, 2013
GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
If you need proof for the obvious, what an insecure person you are.
No, it's insecurity that prevents you from supporting your assertion with evidence. You make things up then claim they are obvious because you're a liar. Asking for proof is what reasonable, logical people do.

But obviously you know nothing about that. LOL!

Location hidden

#9878 Oct 28, 2013
DGS wrote:
<quoted text>
I am his source. Recently I had the opportunity to travel the United States and I spoke with everyone that committed suicide just before they carried out the task. They indeed used whatever was available. I have signed an affidavit attesting to this fact and it has been sealed in a Hellman's Mayonaise jar on the front door of Funk and Wagnall's since noon yesterday.
The people who have actually talked to those who survived suicide attempts found that the majority of them reported the attempt was an impulsive act without planning. That tends to undermine the claim that everyone who commits suicide would get it done no matter what.

Location hidden

#9879 Oct 28, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>By refusing to answer the queations you are the one admitting that you can't support your position when anyone questions the validity of your propaganda. Your desperate squirming is laughable. It's your statistic Danny Boy, if you can't quantify it properly then don't use it. Just to put the finishing touch on this the final question that I ASKED of you was: How many of those 32000 deaths you love to screech about do you anticipate preventing with your ineffectual and unconstitutional gun control measures.
Find that proof that most shootings are done by criminals and psychos?

No?

I didn't think so.

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Beware of bogus bucks Sep 1 Fait 1
Talk of the Sound Exclusive: President Obama Co... Aug 29 stenbrian333 1
Wayne Meddaugh seeks office for Clerk of Superi... Jul '14 Alex Harris 1
Multiple Hess Gas Stations Hit By Skimmers Jul '14 Lio 13
Restaurant operator P.F. Chang's confirms credi... Jun '14 carey529 1
Greenfield woman could be facing fe... Jun '14 Hassan al Madji 8
Survey: Cybercrime on the rise May '14 commentard 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••