Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments (Page 441)

Showing posts 8,801 - 8,820 of11,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm describing religious beliefs, not dictating them, genius.
Description isn't prescription. Big difference.
Too big for your tiny brain obviously. LMAO!
Oh that's right! It's never what it really is when YOU do it. Like your personal insults aren't personal insults because YOU use them as "descriptors", eh? If you were half as smart as you think you are........you'd still be dumber than a box of rocks. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke's on you.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Let me know when you're ready to stop playing your silly turnaround game and answer the questions. This constant nanny-nanny-moo-moo bullshit of yours is just foolish.
Still can't muster the integrity to admit that you have no evidence to support your assertions, huh?

Big surprise.

LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Oh that's right! It's never what it really is when YOU do it. Like your personal insults aren't personal insults because YOU use them as "descriptors", eh? If you were half as smart as you think you are........you'd still be dumber than a box of rocks. ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
You are attributing arguments to me that I've never made. Please try to be honest.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Still can't muster the integrity to admit that you have no evidence to support your assertions, huh?
Big surprise.
LOL!
Still haven't grown enough of a spine to answer those questions, eh? I haven't made any assertions, I've simply stated facts and asked questions. Questions that you already know the answers to.......that's why you're avoiding them. If my view of the problem is so shallow and off track.........answer the questions and prove me wrong. You've had every opportunity in the world to do so yet all you've done is play this stupid, spineless, childish turn-around game. Which is absolutely no surprise to anyone who has ever had discourse with you because it's what you always do. Try again Danny Boy......

Laugh all you like, the joke's still on you. LMAO!

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
does that have to do with you being so scared of living that you think you need to own and carry an arsenal? Or objections to better measures to restrict access to "said" firepower to children, criminals and crazies? Or the assertion that more weapons in more places makes people safer?
Neither, it is countering Barefoot2626's weak argument that less guns=less murders, suicides, etc.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You are attributing arguments to me that I've never made. Please try to be honest.
I'm being completely honest. You resort to personal insults and when called on it you flat deny it and try to pass it off as the intelligent use of "descriptors". In the real world (as opposed to the world according to Danny Boy) it is nothing more than tossing around petty personal insults. Yet you will cry foul like a little girl if others who insult you. Shall we start a poll to see how many other posters agree with my assessment? Try again Danny Boy, you're still batting ZERO.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Still haven't grown enough of a spine to answer those questions, eh? I haven't made any assertions, I've simply stated facts and asked questions. Questions that you already know the answers to.......that's why you're avoiding them. If my view of the problem is so shallow and off track.........answer the questions and prove me wrong. You've had every opportunity in the world to do so yet all you've done is play this stupid, spineless, childish turn-around game. Which is absolutely no surprise to anyone who has ever had discourse with you because it's what you always do. Try again Danny Boy......
Laugh all you like, the joke's still on you. LMAO!
Sorry, it doesn't work that way - and you know it.

When you make an assertion, the burden is on you to prove it. You claim that the majority of gun killings in the US are committed by criminals with a previous history of gun violence or the dangerously mentally ill.

But you haven't provided a SPECK of evidence to support that claim.

No, you want me to try to disprove your assertion. If I made claims without evidence and demanded that you prove me wrong, you'd laugh in my face. As you should

So...LOL in your face!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I'm being completely honest. You resort to personal insults and when called on it you flat deny it and try to pass it off as the intelligent use of "descriptors". In the real world (as opposed to the world according to Danny Boy) it is nothing more than tossing around petty personal insults. Yet you will cry foul like a little girl if others who insult you. Shall we start a poll to see how many other posters agree with my assessment? Try again Danny Boy, you're still batting ZERO.
So you admit that I'm not dictating anyone's beliefs as you originally claimed?

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sorry, it doesn't work that way - and you know it.
When you make an assertion, the burden is on you to prove it. You claim that the majority of gun killings in the US are committed by criminals with a previous history of gun violence or the dangerously mentally ill.
But you haven't provided a SPECK of evidence to support that claim.
No, you want me to try to disprove your assertion. If I made claims without evidence and demanded that you prove me wrong, you'd laugh in my face. As you should
So...LOL in your face!
Yes Danny Boy, it DOES work that way everywhere except in your little fantasy world. When someone asks YOU questions about YOUR statistics the onus is on YOU to answer, not on the questioner. I argued that I believe a significant portion of your statistic isn't what you portray it to be, asked pointed questions to determine what the truth is and you have refused to answer the questions. I could always do as you would and declare myself the imaginary winner by default but I wouldn't want to horn in on your routine. I'll just continue to wait for you to man-up and answer. Meanwhile I'll still be entertained by your squirming. Try again, you're still batting ZERO.

Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke's still on you.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So you admit that I'm not dictating anyone's beliefs as you originally claimed?
Nothing of the kind. You most certainly did attempt to dictate the religious belief of another poster. Then you tried to play it off as something else as you always do.

From your post #9831:

"If you prefer the Old Testament God over the God revealed in Jesus, then you are Jewish, not Christian."

Looks like you're telling him he's Jewish to me. Shall we start a poll to see how many others agree?

BTW, the Old Testament is not the Talmud. There is only ONE God referred to in the Holy Bible.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Yes Danny Boy, it DOES work that way everywhere except in your little fantasy world. When someone asks YOU questions about YOUR statistics the onus is on YOU to answer, not on the questioner. I argued that I believe a significant portion of your statistic isn't what you portray it to be, asked pointed questions to determine what the truth is and you have refused to answer the questions. I could always do as you would and declare myself the imaginary winner by default but I wouldn't want to horn in on your routine. I'll just continue to wait for you to man-up and answer. Meanwhile I'll still be entertained by your squirming. Try again, you're still batting ZERO.
Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke's still on you.
My statistic is that 32,000 Americans die from gunshots every year. That number is rounded to the nearest 1000, but it is undeniably true.

----------

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention

All firearm deaths:
Number of deaths: 31,672

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm

----------

I've provided this source before. Your claim that I won't support my statement with evidence is blatantly false.

Now back up your claim that the majority of those deaths are caused by criminals with a history of gun violence or the dangerously mentally ill.

Because that's YOUR assertion, not mine. Prove it or shut up about it.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Chambersburg liar wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan the Man
sez
I don't lie and I'm not a racist.
"I'm self-employed"
"I play basketball every Sunday with a gay black guy"
I never call anyone names until they call me names.
"Transparency and unbiased facts will be the touchstones of my Topix posts"
Well, we've already established that 3 of those statements are bald faced lies right here on this thread. However, we don't know who Danny Boy works for or who he plays B-ball with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing of the kind. You most certainly did attempt to dictate the religious belief of another poster. Then you tried to play it off as something else as you always do.
From your post #9831:
"If you prefer the Old Testament God over the God revealed in Jesus, then you are Jewish, not Christian."
Looks like you're telling him he's Jewish to me. Shall we start a poll to see how many others agree?
BTW, the Old Testament is not the Talmud. There is only ONE God referred to in the Holy Bible.
Obviously you don't know the definition of the word "dictate."

Dictating is commanding or ordering someone to do something. Describing a belief system is not dictating what someone believe - no matter how much you want it to be.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Well, we've already established that 3 of those statements are bald faced lies right here on this thread. However, we don't know who Danny Boy works for or who he plays B-ball with.
I do not lie.

I am self-employed.

I don't call names or make personal attacks until someone else does it first (as you did, Squash).

The rest are just fabricated troll excretions.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
My statistic is that 32,000 Americans die from gunshots every year. That number is rounded to the nearest 1000, but it is undeniably true.
----------
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
All firearm deaths:
Number of deaths: 31,672
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm
----------
I've provided this source before. Your claim that I won't support my statement with evidence is blatantly false.
Now back up your claim that the majority of those deaths are caused by criminals with a history of gun violence or the dangerously mentally ill.
Because that's YOUR assertion, not mine. Prove it or shut up about it.
How many of those gun deaths were committed by repeat offenders who shouldn't have been free on the street to commit them? How many of those gun deaths were suicides with a history of multiple attempts? How many of the gun deaths were committed by individuals with known mental illness who shouldn't have been free and unsupervised to commit them? How many of those gun deaths were justifiable/police shootings? The statistic is YOURS Danny Boy, explain it in detail or stop using it. If you don't know the answers then you shouldn't be using the statistic. The answers to those questions determine how much value your statistic really has. No answers = no value.

BTW, stop adding words, I didn't say criminals with a history of "gun violence". I said criminals with a history of violence. We should be locking them up and throwing the key away BEFORE they graduate to guns but the leftist liberals won't let it happen.

Try again Danny Boy, you're still batting ZERO.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I do not lie.
I am self-employed.
I don't call names or make personal attacks until someone else does it first (as you did, Squash).
The rest are just fabricated troll excretions.
Sorry Danny Boy but you've been caught in so many lies by just myself that I wouldn't even venture to guess how many others you've told. You lied right here in this post. I never called you any names until after you personally attacked my character, intelligence, and my heritage. Of course you called it "using decsriptors" so you wouldn't say they were insults or name calling. Well guess what, they were INSULTS AND NAME CALLING. So screw you Danny Boy, I don't care if you're self-employed or not but you most certainly are a liar and a name caller. Plain and simple. Try again.....

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Obviously you don't know the definition of the word "dictate."
Dictating is commanding or ordering someone to do something. Describing a belief system is not dictating what someone believe - no matter how much you want it to be.
See what I mean? You TOLD the man he wasn't Christian, that he was Jewish and you're now calling it a "descriptor". I rest my case.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>See what I mean? You TOLD the man he wasn't Christian, that he was Jewish and you're now calling it a "descriptor". I rest my case.
If you beat your kids, you are a child abuser.

Did I just call you a child abuser, Squash?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Danny Boy but you've been caught in so many lies by just myself that I wouldn't even venture to guess how many others you've told. You lied right here in this post. I never called you any names until after you personally attacked my character, intelligence, and my heritage. Of course you called it "using decsriptors" so you wouldn't say they were insults or name calling. Well guess what, they were INSULTS AND NAME CALLING. So screw you Danny Boy, I don't care if you're self-employed or not but you most certainly are a liar and a name caller. Plain and simple. Try again.....
You distort my statements, call the distortion a lie, then accuse me of telling the lie. That is the best you've every done.

You attacked me first in the "obama is the worst ever president" thread. You know it and I know it. But you're changing your story now because the thread is deleted and I can't prove it.

I actually saved my response to you after you first insulted me. Here's what I said, "And there it is! Rightwingers can only hold it together for so long. They come with a veneer of respectfulness and politeness, but when you confront their lies and distortions and reveal the illogic of their arguments, they're all the same - angry, vulgar name-callers."

Remember now?

Liar.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>How many of those gun deaths were committed by repeat offenders who shouldn't have been free on the street to commit them? How many of those gun deaths were suicides with a history of multiple attempts? How many of the gun deaths were committed by individuals with known mental illness who shouldn't have been free and unsupervised to commit them? How many of those gun deaths were justifiable/police shootings? The statistic is YOURS Danny Boy, explain it in detail or stop using it. If you don't know the answers then you shouldn't be using the statistic. The answers to those questions determine how much value your statistic really has. No answers = no value.
BTW, stop adding words, I didn't say criminals with a history of "gun violence". I said criminals with a history of violence. We should be locking them up and throwing the key away BEFORE they graduate to guns but the leftist liberals won't let it happen.
Try again Danny Boy, you're still batting ZERO.
*sigh*

Again - you are the one who is making the assertion that all of those 32,000 deaths shouldn't count for one reason or another. I say they all count, so parsing the number isn't my argument - it's yours.

And you keep asking me to prove it because you can't.

So keep asking, loser. Every time you do, it's an admission you can't support your position with evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,801 - 8,820 of11,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••