Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments (Page 438)

Showing posts 8,741 - 8,760 of11,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Once again in your megalomanic stupidity you mistake questions for statements. If only you cared enough to seek out the "reality" rather than being spoon fed propaganda by the liberal machine.
You used your questions to confirm you predetermined answer. You don't care to seek out the facts because they, more often than not, don't support your beliefs. You've proven that countless times with your unsubstantiated (and unsubstantiatable) assertion that criminals with prior records for gun violence and the insane are responsible for most gun violence in the US.

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

GenPatton wrote:
<quoted text>
How is the question loaded? You brought up inalienable rights. I'm just asking for some clarification.
Still waiting Barefoot2626.

I am a patient person. If you don't want to answer the question, provide a viable explanation as to why not, and I will move on.

Simply stating it is a loaded question is not viable.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the one and only time I have ever done any firearm business with a complete stranger was to trade a gun to a LICENSED DEALER, it really is a moot point, isn't it.
Let me rephrase this, because I know some libtard will want to jump all over it.

Since the one and only time I have ever done any firearm business, WHERE I WAS THE ONE GETTING RID OF A GUN, with a complete stranger was to trade a gun to a LICENSED DEALER, it really is a moot point, isn't it.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

PrinceofDarkness wrote:
squachtard and huntcoyotetard must be at it again:
bwhahahahhahaha
Norwegian hunter misses moose, shoots man on toilet
The bullet whizzed past the animal, pierced the wooden wall behind it and struck the man, in his seventies, in the stomach
OSLO — A Norwegian hunter took aim at a moose, but missed and accidentally hit a man sitting on the toilet in a nearby cabin on Thursday, police said.
The bullet whizzed past the animal, pierced the wooden wall behind it and struck the man, in his seventies, in the stomach, the force told public broadcaster NRK.
The victim was flown by helicopter to hospital but his injury was not life-threatening, said the policeman who led the investigation, Anders Stroemsaether.
The hunter was taken in for questioning in Hvaler district, about 74 miles southeast of the capital of Oslo, said the force. The moose escaped unscathed.
Another irresponsible act by someone not heeding the rules for safe firearm handling. Specifically.....Know your target AND WHAT LIES BEYOND IT. You never shoot toward any building or structure.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
You used your questions to confirm you predetermined answer. You don't care to seek out the facts because they, more often than not, don't support your beliefs. You've proven that countless times with your unsubstantiated (and unsubstantiatable) assertion that criminals with prior records for gun violence and the insane are responsible for most gun violence in the US.
No, I used my questions to QUESTION your preconceived notions. Try all you like to turn this back on the questioner, it ain't gonna' work. You want to enact your knee-jerk reactionary BS measures without asking or answering those questions because you strongly suspect that the truthful answers will belie your propaganda. You're as transparent as window glass, Danny Boy. Try again.....

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yeah, except that I don't do that.
Well yes, yes you do. Are you saying that you have now changed your stance and do not advocate BLANKET GUN CONTROL measures that affect EVERYBODY whether they have done anything wrong or not?

You can deny it all you like but the fact remains that you and your ilk are attempting to hold all of society responsible for the acts of a few.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

PrinceofDarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
yep, and you always seem to have some sort of explanation and excuse don't you....perhaps in a perfect world with just MENSA members allowed to handle guns you might have a case, but unfortunately we have morons like squachtard, maraudertard, huntcoyotetard and yourself to contend with.
and there has never been a shortage on morons on this planet....
Explanation? When one exists.
Excuse? I make excuses for no one.

If the following rules were always followed, 99.999% of all firearm accidents would be eliminated (and it doesn't take a MENSA member to follow them, moron):

- Always treat a firearm as if it is loaded.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Never point your gun at anything you do not intend to shoot.
- Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use, or not under your direct control.
- Don't rely on your gun's "safety" (mechanical safeties can and do fail).
- Never touch the trigger on a firearm until you actually intend to shoot.
- Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.
- Use the correct ammunition for your gun.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care!
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Don't alter or modify your gun, and have guns serviced regularly.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.

(I made sure to use dashes instead of numbers so Barefoot would have a coronary.)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Well yes, yes you do. Are you saying that you have now changed your stance and do not advocate BLANKET GUN CONTROL measures that affect EVERYBODY whether they have done anything wrong or not?
You can deny it all you like but the fact remains that you and your ilk are attempting to hold all of society responsible for the acts of a few.
Like everybody on the planet, I strongly support holding people responsible for their own behavior.

There are countless laws that affect people who have done nothing wrong - there's nothing unusual with that. But I have not advocated for any measures that limit your rights.

If my position is so weak, why do you have to lie about it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>No, I used my questions to QUESTION your preconceived notions. Try all you like to turn this back on the questioner, it ain't gonna' work. You want to enact your knee-jerk reactionary BS measures without asking or answering those questions because you strongly suspect that the truthful answers will belie your propaganda. You're as transparent as window glass, Danny Boy. Try again.....
Your questions reveal your extremist agenda. They do not - none of them - undermine my moderate, mainstream argument for gun safety.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Like everybody on the planet, I strongly support holding people responsible for their own behavior.
There are countless laws that affect people who have done nothing wrong - there's nothing unusual with that. But I have not advocated for any measures that limit your rights.
If my position is so weak, why do you have to lie about it?
Yes laws affect people who have done nothing wrong because they abide by the law but you and your ilk would PENALIZE those who have done nothing wrong. There IS something unusual about that. If you are interested in holding individuals responsible for their own actions why do you advocate for laws that hold all of society responsible for the actions of a few?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Yes laws affect people who have done nothing wrong because they abide by the law but you and your ilk would PENALIZE those who have done nothing wrong. There IS something unusual about that. If you are interested in holding individuals responsible for their own actions why do you advocate for laws that hold all of society responsible for the actions of a few?
Oh quit being so dramatic. Nothing I've suggested penalizes anyone any more than you are penalized for having to get a prescription for medication or drive at a specified speed or abide by safety standards at work.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Your questions reveal your extremist agenda. They do not - none of them - undermine my moderate, mainstream argument for gun safety.
There is nothing moderate or mainstream about advocating for unconstitutional restrictions, dream on. You aren't seeking gun safety, you're seeking gun absence. Gun safety is achieved by teaching safe practices. My questions most certainly do undermine your argument otherwise you wouldn't be avoiding the answers like the plague.

I advocate more stringent enforcement of the laws we have already, using them to control the lawless and insane so they won't be able to harm or kill innocent people before we enact any knee-jerk reactionary new laws which the lawless and insane will ignore. I do not advocate enacting laws that WE KNOW will have no impact on the lawless/insane while restricting or abrogating the rights those who abide by the law. What EXACTLY is extremist about that? I advocate law and order so I'm an extremist? You simply consider me "extreme" because I refuse to buy into your BS liberal propaganda and choose to think for myself.

Try again Danny Boy........your batting average is zero.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Oh quit being so dramatic. Nothing I've suggested penalizes anyone any more than you are penalized for having to get a prescription for medication or drive at a specified speed or abide by safety standards at work.
Neither driving nor prescription meds are GUARANTEED by the Constitution of the United States of America as an individual unalienable right. Comparing apples to oranges again? Safety at work? At work they don't BAN dangerous tools,(BTW, the majority of tools are dangerous if used in an unsafe manner.) they teach safe use of them. DUH! You are consistently wrong if nothing else. Try again...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>There is nothing moderate or mainstream about advocating for unconstitutional restrictions, dream on. You aren't seeking gun safety, you're seeking gun absence. Gun safety is achieved by teaching safe practices. My questions most certainly do undermine your argument otherwise you wouldn't be avoiding the answers like the plague.
I advocate more stringent enforcement of the laws we have already, using them to control the lawless and insane so they won't be able to harm or kill innocent people before we enact any knee-jerk reactionary new laws which the lawless and insane will ignore. I do not advocate enacting laws that WE KNOW will have no impact on the lawless/insane while restricting or abrogating the rights those who abide by the law. What EXACTLY is extremist about that? I advocate law and order so I'm an extremist? You simply consider me "extreme" because I refuse to buy into your BS liberal propaganda and choose to think for myself.
Try again Danny Boy........your batting average is zero.
You keep arguing with positions I don't advocate and presenting "solutions" we've seen are meaningless.

How many of our 30 homicides a day are committed by the dangerously insane? How many are committed by criminals with a history of gun crimes?

You've never answered these questions. You've never even tried. You just try to turn it around and demand that I prove your case.

Why? Because you know your claims are complete bullshit.

You know it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Hey Squash - look at all these criminals and psychos who shot people this week...

----------

Cleveland, Ohio -- A 29-year-old man showed up at the residence of his estranged wife and shot and wounded her before using the gun to kill himself about 5 p.m. Tuesday. The two were going through a divorce. The woman was listed in critical condition with a gunshot wound to the head.

Miami, Fla.-- Two men got into a heated argument at a restaurant about 5:15 p.m. Saturday and one of the men pulled a gun and shot the other man multiple times, killing him, then the shooter went home where he shot and killed himself.

Saluda, S.C.-- A man in his late 60’s and a woman in her early 60’s who were in a relationship were found fatally shot at the home of the man and police believe it was a murder-suicide. At this point the police do not know who was the shooter.

Fosters, Ala.-- A 52-year-old husband shot and killed his 51-year-old wife and her companion, a 52-year-old male, and then he used the weapon to kill himself just after midnight Sunday. The incident began when the husband confronted his wife and her companion at the companion’s residence and he then chased them in a vehicle as they drove away in a pick-up truck. The husband then ran them off the road and into a ditch. Police found the pair dead in the pick-up truck with gunshot wounds. The husband was found dead nearby.

Anadarko, Okla.-- A woman in her 40s was shot and wounded by her husband at their home before he used the gun to kill himself Sunday morning. The woman was struck multiple times in the chest and arm but she managed to drive her vehicle to get help at a relative’s home about a mile away. She was listed in critical condition.

----------

If only the leftist liberals wouldn't let these previously convicted criminals and violently mentally ill out of their cells. Because that's OBVIOUSLY the cause of all these deaths.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Neither driving nor prescription meds are GUARANTEED by the Constitution of the United States of America as an individual unalienable right. Comparing apples to oranges again? Safety at work? At work they don't BAN dangerous tools,(BTW, the majority of tools are dangerous if used in an unsafe manner.) they teach safe use of them. DUH! You are consistently wrong if nothing else. Try again...
The point, which was of course lost on you, is that countless laws cause everyone inconvenience. Claiming you are "penalized" by them is nothing more than childish emotionalistic overreaction.

You're like our resident Christianist hypocrite. He calls criticism "persecution" and you call inconveniences "penalties."

Grow up, Squash. Your childish whining is becoming tedious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Vidor, Tex.-- A 5-year-old boy is dead after he accidentally shot himself with his 19-year-old babysitter’s gun while she was napping on Monday. The weapon had been left on a coffee table. The babysitter was arrested on a felony charge of abandoning or endangering a child.

Colorado Springs, Colo.-- A man handling a gun he thought was unloaded is dead after the weapon accidentally discharged and the bullet struck him in the upper thigh at an apartment about 4:45 p.m. Saturday.

Birmingham, Ala.-- A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot himself in the side at an apartment about 2:45 p.m. Sunday after he found a handgun in his mother’s purse. The child’s injuries were described as serious but he was expected to fully recover.

Orlando, Fla.-- A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot himself in both legs on Tuesday after finding a gun in his father’s bedroom. The child was listed in stable condition.

Vidor, Tex.-- A 27-year-old man accidentally shot his son in the thigh about 6:30 p.m. Monday as he was cleaning a handgun. The cylinder on the gun had jammed and when he could not clear it, he handed the weapon to his 59-year-old father and it discharged during the exchange. No word on the child’s condition.

Sauk Center, Minn.-- A 15-year-old boy was accidentally shot by another 15-year-old boy as the pair were duck hunting Sunday afternoon. The victim was treated for non life-threatening injuries to his back.

Whitemarsh Township, Penn.-- A 15-year-old boy suffered a graze wound to his head Friday when a gun he was showing to a friend accidentally discharged.

Redwater, Tex.-- A teenager checking a deer-feeder accidentally shot himself in the ankle about 5 p.m. Monday. No word on his condition.

Durango, Colo.-- On Friday morning, an investigator with the county sheriff’s office was accidentally shot in the leg when his gun fell out of his car and the weapon discharged when it struck the ground. No word on his condition.

Capitola, Calif.-- A 74-year-old man at a state beach campground accidentally shot himself in the abdomen with a handgun about 4:45 p.m. Monday. No one else was struck by the bullet. Firearms are not allowed in any California state parks and the man faces potential charges. He was treated and released from a local hospital.

Pope Valley, Calif.-- A 32-year-old man putting away his gun about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday accidentally shot himself in the hand. No word on his condition.

Chicago, Ill.-- A 31-year-old man was shot in the leg while driving his vehicle about 5:15 a.m. Monday. His condition was listed a stabilized.

Fort Wayne, Ind.-- A man accidentally shot himself in his right buttock about 2:45 p.m. Friday while re-holstering his handgun while in a handicap parking spot outside a pet store. No one else was struck by the bullet. The victim has a lifetime Indiana carry permit. No word on his condition.

Seneca County, Ohio -- A man cleaning his gun accidentally shot himself in his right leg above the knee on Tuesday. No one else was injured. The victim said the weapon belonged to someone else and he did not realize there was a bullet in the chamber. His injuries were not considered life-threatening.

----------

It's almost like voluntary gun safety training isn't working, isn't it?
LaughingAtYou

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Vidor, Tex.-- A 5-year-old boy is dead after he accidentally shot himself with his 19-year-old babysitter’s gun while she was napping on Monday. The weapon had been left on a coffee table. The babysitter was arrested on a felony charge of abandoning or endangering a child.
Colorado Springs, Colo.-- A man handling a gun he thought was unloaded is dead after the weapon accidentally discharged and the bullet struck him in the upper thigh at an apartment about 4:45 p.m. Saturday.
Birmingham, Ala.-- A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot himself in the side at an apartment about 2:45 p.m. Sunday after he found a handgun in his mother’s purse. The child’s injuries were described as serious but he was expected to fully recover.
Orlando, Fla.-- A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot himself in both legs on Tuesday after finding a gun in his father’s bedroom. The child was listed in stable condition.
Vidor, Tex.-- A 27-year-old man accidentally shot his son in the thigh about 6:30 p.m. Monday as he was cleaning a handgun. The cylinder on the gun had jammed and when he could not clear it, he handed the weapon to his 59-year-old father and it discharged during the exchange. No word on the child’s condition.
Sauk Center, Minn.-- A 15-year-old boy was accidentally shot by another 15-year-old boy as the pair were duck hunting Sunday afternoon. The victim was treated for non life-threatening injuries to his back.
Whitemarsh Township, Penn.-- A 15-year-old boy suffered a graze wound to his head Friday when a gun he was showing to a friend accidentally discharged.
Redwater, Tex.-- A teenager checking a deer-feeder accidentally shot himself in the ankle about 5 p.m. Monday. No word on his condition.
Durango, Colo.-- On Friday morning, an investigator with the county sheriff’s office was accidentally shot in the leg when his gun fell out of his car and the weapon discharged when it struck the ground. No word on his condition.
Capitola, Calif.-- A 74-year-old man at a state beach campground accidentally shot himself in the abdomen with a handgun about 4:45 p.m. Monday. No one else was struck by the bullet. Firearms are not allowed in any California state parks and the man faces potential charges. He was treated and released from a local hospital.
Pope Valley, Calif.-- A 32-year-old man putting away his gun about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday accidentally shot himself in the hand. No word on his condition.
Chicago, Ill.-- A 31-year-old man was shot in the leg while driving his vehicle about 5:15 a.m. Monday. His condition was listed a stabilized.
Fort Wayne, Ind.-- A man accidentally shot himself in his right buttock about 2:45 p.m. Friday while re-holstering his handgun while in a handicap parking spot outside a pet store. No one else was struck by the bullet. The victim has a lifetime Indiana carry permit. No word on his condition.
Seneca County, Ohio -- A man cleaning his gun accidentally shot himself in his right leg above the knee on Tuesday. No one else was injured. The victim said the weapon belonged to someone else and he did not realize there was a bullet in the chamber. His injuries were not considered life-threatening.
----------
It's almost like voluntary gun safety training isn't working, isn't it?
It's almost like mandatory driver's education training for new drivers isn't working, isn't it?

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/teenweb/more_btn6/traff...

LMAO!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>No, we have a leftist liberal movement
Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Leftist Progressives Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Progressives blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Chairman Mao blah blah blah blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Lenin blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Chairman Mao blah blah blah Progressives blah blah Progressives blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah Hitler blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Chairman Mao blah blah blah blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Lenin blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah Chairman Mao blah blah blah blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah blah blah blah blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats blah Hitler blah blah Leftist Liberal Democrats...

SQUALK!

Squishy wanna cracker?
Here

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Explanation? When one exists.
Excuse? I make excuses for no one.
If the following rules were always followed, 99.999% of all firearm accidents would be eliminated (and it doesn't take a MENSA member to follow them, moron):
- Always treat a firearm as if it is loaded.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Never point your gun at anything you do not intend to shoot.
- Firearms should be unloaded when not actually in use, or not under your direct control.
- Don't rely on your gun's "safety" (mechanical safeties can and do fail).
- Never touch the trigger on a firearm until you actually intend to shoot.
- Be sure of your target and what's beyond it.
- Use the correct ammunition for your gun.
- If your gun fails to fire when the trigger is pulled, handle with care!
- Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before shooting.
- Don't alter or modify your gun, and have guns serviced regularly.
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
(I made sure to use dashes instead of numbers so Barefoot would have a coronary.)
are the best ones: not everybody needs one. If you do, keep it locked up. And nobody needs an arsenal or high capacity magazines.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 8,741 - 8,760 of11,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••