Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#9599 Oct 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
A totally responsible parent keeps his toys locked up at all times- in a safe or secured in some fashion so the children he is responsible don't have access,....
CORRECT! And I have stated that very same thing! You are trying to make an argument against something I have never said.
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>...not for thinking his lectures about not touching firearms provides them with any safety whatsoever.
And unless the parent can keep his/her weapons absolutely secure at all times in the house with minors, he/she has no right to have them.
Correct again. The education is for when they are NOT in their own home, you f-ing moron. Or do you plan on keeping your kids captive in their own home forever????

Southeast Virginia

#9600 Oct 23, 2013
Correction: You are trying to make an argument against something I have already stated as if I never said it.

Southeast Virginia

#9601 Oct 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Educating them"- you do remember saying that it was your FIRST priority- is a way of shifting responsibility from the ADULTS who own the gun and who are supposed to keep them out of the hands of children AT ALL TIMES onto the child.
Putting aside it doesn't work.
Here's a thought: make the adults TOTALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FIREARMS in their home.
The weren't listed in any specific order of importance, moron. That was an ASSUMPTION on your part.

And educating children doesn't shift the responsibility for their safety to anyone. Where do you come up with this BULLSHIT???

And educating children doesn't work???? If so, why do we educate them on anything else??? That is BY FAR one of your DUMBEST statements to date.

What DOESN'T work is simply telling a kid "DON'T TOUCH THAT!" or "GET AWAY FROM THAT!" All that accomplishes is raising the kid's curiosity and gives the firearm a mystique about it, because the first thing that pops into a kids mind is "WHY shouldn't I touch it or go near it?" You teach kids WHY firearms can be dangerous in untrained hands. You teach them to leave it alone and go find an adult if they come across one. You teach them to ALWAYS treat a firearm as if it is loaded. You teach them to NEVER point a gun at something or someone they are not willing to destroy. You take them and SHOW them how firearms can make a melon or waterjug explode if it is shot, to show them how damaging they can be. And you do this OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, because that is how you educate a child....throuogh repetition and positive reinforcement.

And speaking of education....you need to go get one yourself, because you are one of the DUMBEST SOB's I have EVER encountered.
FormerParatroope r

Chicago, IL

#9602 Oct 23, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I thought you meant that in crimes that carry mandatory sentences, they were not being applied.
Transferring sentencing power from judges directly involved in cases to the legislature is a mistake. It's time to end that failed policy.
I can agree to the point most things are better handled at lower levels . What of the Judges who hand out sentences that reasonable people find to be light? Such as probation for a violent crime?
MC Hammer

Chambersburg, PA

#9603 Oct 23, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
There are reasonable people here as well. The extremes of both sides does make it difficult.
If reasonable people can exchange ideas, find something that both sides can agree to, it will do more than just slinging mud.
You and I have had reasonable exchanges, I for one would like to continue a reasonable conversation. There are few people who are capable of reason, and there are those who do not post. But read the exchanges here. Let's give hope to humanity. What do you say?
What do you consider extreme that is within the Constitution? And does not "Infringe" upon the 2nd Amendment.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#9604 Oct 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And I knew you would deny it, you lying POS.
You knew I'd deny it because you know what I said was true and that your claim is a lie.

Chambersburg, PA

#9605 Oct 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You'd better check your meds Danny Boy, you're hallucinating.
Keep running.

LOL!
FormerParatroope r

Chicago, IL

#9606 Oct 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
The typical gun gnutter response: an ADULT gun gnutter leaves a loaded firearm out for a four year old child to pick up, which he does and kills his brother, and the gun gnutter and the NRA INSISTS it was the child's fault.
Here's a thought: make the4 ADULT responsible. Put the ADULT in prison for reckless homicide, five years or so.
It was proved a long time ago, young kids do not learn the NRA "education" of some silly-azz jackass in a chicken suit giving life and death lessons- something young children are not capable of understanding.
No one has blamed the child, in fact everyone with common sense blames the parent. 5 years if proven guilty? I can agree.

Education has value. Continued education is reinforcement of previous learning experiences. Where was it proven that NRA safety programs do not work?

Chambersburg, PA

#9607 Oct 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know how many????? You're going to beat people over the head with a statistic and you don't even know how it breaks down? How many of that 32000 are justifiable police/self-defense shootings? Or do you want folks to believe that all 32000 are cases of negligence/stupidity? How many of that 32000 were committed by someone with no prior record? I haven't pulled any facts from anywhere, I've simply asked some very pertinent questions.(you know, those questions you hate so much and avoid answering at any cost) You don't know these things yet based on that statistic you've decided that ALL law abiding gun owners should be restricted. Do you know what the term "spray and pray" means? It describes your mentality on gun control pretty accurately.
Try again, Danny Boy.......
So you were asking me how many because you don't know.

That's what I thought.

You claim that most shootings are done by criminals with a previous record of shooting people and by the violently mentally ill. You say that over and over and over. Yet you can't provide numbers to back it up.

You are making a claim that you can't support, and by trying to turn it back on me, you're proving that you've got NOTHING.

LOL! Good to know. Thanks.

Chambersburg, PA

#9608 Oct 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know how many????? You're going to beat people over the head with a statistic and you don't even know how it breaks down? How many of that 32000 are justifiable police/self-defense shootings? Or do you want folks to believe that all 32000 are cases of negligence/stupidity? How many of that 32000 were committed by someone with no prior record? I haven't pulled any facts from anywhere, I've simply asked some very pertinent questions.(you know, those questions you hate so much and avoid answering at any cost) You don't know these things yet based on that statistic you've decided that ALL law abiding gun owners should be restricted. Do you know what the term "spray and pray" means? It describes your mentality on gun control pretty accurately.
Try again, Danny Boy.......
Because the fact of the matter is - it doesn't matter. Dead Americans are dead Americans in my book. They ALL matter. You are the one who's trying to dismiss the majority of them, not me.

I happen to give a shit about life. I happen to give a shit about my fellow citizens. I don't have to slice and dice the numbers to try to justify why most of those deaths don't matter.

Chambersburg, PA

#9609 Oct 23, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree to the point most things are better handled at lower levels . What of the Judges who hand out sentences that reasonable people find to be light? Such as probation for a violent crime?
Recall them. Vote them out.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#9610 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Keep running.
LOL!
Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke's on you. You use statistics that you don't even understand to support an argument that lacks logic.

Running? Don't flatter yourself. No wait! Go ahead and flatter yourself.......no one else will.

Southeast Virginia

#9611 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
You knew I'd deny it because you know what I said was true and that your claim is a lie.
Wrong again, Danny Boy. I knew you would deny it because you are a lying POS. Even when confronted with the truth you try to dodge, deflect and spin it around. Well too bad, son. Just like when you said that it was I who first insulted you, then when I PROVED it was YOU who threw the first punch (so to speak), you claimed that you were just insulting my position, or some such shit, and that you weren't insulting me personally. LMAO!!!

You are as ignorant as you are irrelevant.

Boggy Creek

#9612 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Because the fact of the matter is - it doesn't matter. Dead Americans are dead Americans in my book. They ALL matter. You are the one who's trying to dismiss the majority of them, not me.
I happen to give a shit about life. I happen to give a shit about my fellow citizens. I don't have to slice and dice the numbers to try to justify why most of those deaths don't matter.
And there you have it folks! Danny Boy has finally admitted it! It doesn't matter to him that the vast majority of murders committed in this country are committed by individuals who are known threats. He has decided, in his infinite wisdom, the ALL law abiding gun owners are a threat.

One can't help but notice that your response is nothing more than lame deflection.

We're not discussing whether those deaths "matter". Of course they matter. We're discussing the fact that your ineffectual gun control measures will have zero effect on the majority of them. No one said anything about those deaths being meaningless. Do try to pay attention, will ya? And please try to be honest.....

Boggy Creek

#9613 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
So you were asking me how many because you don't know.
That's what I thought.
You claim that most shootings are done by criminals with a previous record of shooting people and by the violently mentally ill. You say that over and over and over. Yet you can't provide numbers to back it up.
You are making a claim that you can't support, and by trying to turn it back on me, you're proving that you've got NOTHING.
LOL! Good to know. Thanks.
It's YOUR statistic which you have used repeatedly, ad nauseum. Now you complain and sling insults when your statistic is questioned? You demand that I provide numbers to support a QUESTION? That's rich Danny Boy but it ain't gonna' work. YOU maid the claim and I questioned it. You don't have any answers so you attack the questioner. That's pretty lame. Try again Danny Boy.......
FormerParatroope r

Chicago, IL

#9614 Oct 23, 2013
MC Hammer wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you consider extreme that is within the Constitution? And does not "Infringe" upon the 2nd Amendment.
I never stated anything about the Constitution was extreme. I did state they are people on the extreme of both sides of the firearm argument.
That includes people who want a complete firearm ban and those who feel that any law violates infringement.

What is the 18th Century legal definition of "infringe"?

How does anything I have proposed infringe upon any enumerated right of any of our rights?
FormerParatroope r

Chicago, IL

#9615 Oct 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Recall them. Vote them out.
You don't think there should be any guidelines for sentencing?
MC Hammer

Chambersburg, PA

#9616 Oct 23, 2013
http://theconservativetreehouse.files.wordpre...
_

Hhahahaha...

Liberals, they care so much about American lives.

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

#9617 Oct 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You talking to yourself, Sweet Pea?
PS: someone that uses an alias -such as GenPatton- obviously without the permission of his family- reminds me of the Coors commercials that used John Wayne's image and "endorsement" though he not only never made such an endorsement, he refused to make them for most of his career.
You aren't fit to lick his boots.
Still dodging the question. Thank you for your attention, that is all.
MC Hammer

Chambersburg, PA

#9618 Oct 23, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
I never stated anything about the Constitution was extreme. I did state they are people on the extreme of both sides of the firearm argument.
That includes people who want a complete firearm ban and those who feel that any law violates infringement.
What is the 18th Century legal definition of "infringe"?
How does anything I have proposed infringe upon any enumerated right of any of our rights?
I was asking a question because I didn't see what your proposals were. I wasn't trying to be snarky. You asked "What is the 18th Century legal definition of "infringe"? 18th Century legal English isn't my area of expertise but the word "Infringe" is pretty clear and (IMO) I don't believe that the definition has changed that much. I am not saying that there shouldn't be laws against some people who shouldn't own fire arms but I am saying that the current direction that America is taking is completely wrong and statistics on fire arms support what I'm saying

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Murder suspect Ager Hasan extradited back to Ca... Jan 7 snow on the way f... 1
News Secret Service interviews person over manure se... Dec 27 Retribution 3
News Secret Service apprehends attempted White House... Nov '17 CodeTalker 4
News Prosecutors want Shkreli's bail revoked over Cl... Sep '17 Minnesota Mike 3
News U.S. Military's Space in Trump Tower Costs $130... Aug '17 L I G E R 4
News GW husband, wife face charges in counterfeit case (Jul '17) Jul '17 lch2105 2
News Scene & Heard: VP Mike Pence on Sanibel (Jun '17) Jul '17 Anthony wright 2
More from around the web