Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments
8,241 - 8,260 of 11,004 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2014
Homestead Homo LOL

Clearfield, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
so was reagan, bush, einstein, and superman..... I forgot I was talking to a hillbilly mental case..
(why don't examine why he made the cover before you masturbate like the moron you are)
Come on over to my side honey. I'll drink up all the nut juice you can produce. I'll invite my sweetie bobby6464 to clean you up. We are always availabe and we love what we do. If you need references Dan the Man (Man LOL) will highly recommend us.
FormerParatroope r

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
easy to understand.... examine armed vet and marauder...presented them FBI (per capita) data showing that alaska, tennessee and nevada are top 3 crime and violence states even with the ready availability of all kinds of guns... as compared to California's stict gun laws....
so they come back using staight killings #'s that are not adjusted for population sizes since california has 40 times the population of Alaska....they don't have figures to back them up, so they start meaningless drivel using meaningless data.....
they are your basic losers in life....
Statistics can be spun in any direction to support any claim, and statistics are meaningless when finding the answer to what is wrong. Concentrating on the result of what happens when firearms are misused does nothing because we are not addressing the behaviour of the person.
FormerParatroope r

Eau Claire, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like your last two posts, troll?
Seems you made a challenge, and never posted your evidence. Even when you claimed you did, I asked you to show where you did and nothing from you materialized.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistics can be spun in any direction to support any claim, and statistics are meaningless when finding the answer to what is wrong. Concentrating on the result of what happens when firearms are misused does nothing because we are not addressing the behaviour of the person.
Well said! I've repeatedly tried to get this point across to the hysterical anti-gunners. The pathological mind will find a means to its end. Until we address the source of the problem, the individuals who commit the violence, the violence isn't going to stop. There are two kinds of anti-gunners; those who deliberately use the "save lives and reduce crime" straw man as a means to promote their true agenda (a total ban on guns) and those who are completely deceived by the propaganda of the first group and being manipulated into that same agenda.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
so the per capita killings by state has been spun.... really moron?.. share with us how that was spun....
yeah, no one ever addresses the behaviour of the person....we don't have mental health in this country... no mental hospitals, no exams, no one is ever committed...yeah... you are so on top of the situation...
give us your solution, mental giant that you are.....shall we go door to door and screen everybody?..... and you are one of the fu-ktards complaining about the Affordable Care Act which provides preventative screenings for everybody....
EXAMPLE:

State A has 4.2 murders per 100,000 people.

State B has 6.5 murders per 100,000 people.

State A has a population of 38,000,000 which yields a total of 1596 murders.

State B has a population of 12,000,000 which yields a total of 780 murders.

Which state has the higher number of murders? Which state has the lower rate per capita? Statistics are easily manipulated. DUH! Try again.....

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Statistics can be spun in any direction to support any claim
Some can: some can't.

That is why they do not stand alone.

When the gun gnutters insist more people are killed in California or Chicago, for example, it begs the first question: compared to whom?

And it is in the examination of the statistics that liars surface.

Chicago, for example: not even in the top ten of cities *per capita* in homicides.

Or comparing apples (California) to "all southern states" which they don't get around to defining.

It is more correct to say: figures don't lie, liars figure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems you made a challenge, and never posted your evidence.
Gee: how 'bout that?

That I make a challenge, and wait for someone to meet the challenge... and the challenge isn't met.

And I never flip over my cards.

You don't play poker, eh?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>
EXAMPLE:
State A has 4.2 murders per 100,000 people.
Do let us know when you pass your GED prep math class.

1 Alaska: 20
2 Louisiana: 19.5
3 Wyoming: 18.8
4 Arizona: 18
5 Nevada: 17.3
5 Mississippi: 17.3
7 New Mexico: 16.6
8 Arkansas: 16.3
9 Alabama: 16.2
10 Tennessee: 15.4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Well said! I've repeatedly tried to get this point across to the hysterical anti-gunners.
Yet people keep seeing you ass the special rights gun gnutter liar you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
There are two kinds of anti-gunners
There is one kind of gun gnutter: the lying kind that insists he has a "right" to sell guns to complete utter strangers.

You are a gun gnutter, Squish..

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
squach$-hit4brains,.... you obviously never had training in statistics....probably not a required course at Densa high school
The term "per capita" is from the Latin phrase meaning "by head". It is a figure that expresses an average of a particular datum for each person in the population being measured. It is useful in assessing the significance of a particular number in a statistical survey. For instance, if there are 10 traffic fatalities in a city of 100,000 people, that is unfortunate, but if there are the same number of fatalities in a town of 100, that indicates a serious problem.
Read more: http://www.ehow.com/how_7505706_calculate-per...
All of which has nothing to do with the ACTUAL NUMBER OF INDIVIDUALS MURDERED. Which is why a state with a low "per capita" murder rate can easily have two or three times the number of murders as a state with a higher "per capita" murder rate. Where I come from the state with the MOST MURDERED INDIVIDUALS regardless of population indicates the "serious problem". Not that either is "good" but, which is worse 780 murders or 1596 murders? DUH!

Were you born this incredibly stupid or have you worked at it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>All of which has nothing to do with the ACTUAL NUMBER OF INDIVIDUALS MURDERED.
Comparing the number of a state with 38 million to a state with a half million, if your IQ reached 70, the first thing you'd ask was what, Squishy?
FormerParatroope r

Buffalo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
so the per capita killings by state has been spun.... really moron?.. share with us how that was spun....
yeah, no one ever addresses the behaviour of the person....we don't have mental health in this country... no mental hospitals, no exams, no one is ever committed...yeah... you are so on top of the situation...
give us your solution, mental giant that you are.....shall we go door to door and screen everybody?..... and you are one of the fu-ktards complaining about the Affordable Care Act which provides preventative screenings for everybody....
You seem to be another civility is lost on.
When you and others like you mature, then, and only then can we address the issues and create solutions. Until then we will repeat the same ideas that have solved nothing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
Not that either is "good" but, which is worse 780 murders or 1596 murders? DUH!
Hey stupid: which is worse, one person killed among 100,000 or or 20?
FormerParatroope r

Buffalo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee: how 'bout that?
That I make a challenge, and wait for someone to meet the challenge... and the challenge isn't met.
And I never flip over my cards.
You don't play poker, eh?
Your selective memory at work here? You insisted that you posted the evidence, now you say you didn't?

Figures, you are that which you project others to be.
FormerParatroope r

Buffalo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Well said! I've repeatedly tried to get this point across to the hysterical anti-gunners. The pathological mind will find a means to its end. Until we address the source of the problem, the individuals who commit the violence, the violence isn't going to stop. There are two kinds of anti-gunners; those who deliberately use the "save lives and reduce crime" straw man as a means to promote their true agenda (a total ban on guns) and those who are completely deceived by the propaganda of the first group and being manipulated into that same agenda.
The debate us different than the one we were apart of before. My account was hijacked, you may remember RAN? Md. thread.
FormerParatroope r

Buffalo, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Each is equally bad. If you had empathy you would understand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Your selective memory at work here? You insisted that you posted the evidence, now you say you didn't?
Do you show your hand when after someone throws in his cards, Shug?

I say you have very tiny grapes and if you want to see my hand, you cover the bet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Each is equally bad. If you had empathy you would understand.
No, one is twenty times worse than the other.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
One person killed is one person killed. If it was one among two it would still be one person killed. One person killed is one too many regardless of any stupid population considerations that try to equate that one person killed to an acceptable statistic. After having proved beyond any doubt that you're dumber than a box of rocks, what do you plan to do for an encore?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••