Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments
7,981 - 8,000 of 11,003 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2014

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#8873 Oct 10, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't. I have suggested moderate, centrist ideas to reduce gun violence that are supported by the majority of American citizens.
Which in this country have NEVER proven to reduce anything. Chicago and DC have some of the strictest gun control laws in the country. Have they reduce the crime in those cities??? Not by a long shot. You are stumping for gun control alws that you are hoping AMY reduce crime without any proof whatsoever that it actually will.
<quoted text>
When your agenda is right in the center of public opinion, you are (or in this case, I am) by definition a centrist.
But that's the thing...you are NOT in the center of public opinion. No matter how you want to believe it.
<quoted text>But from way out there on the righting extremist fringe, you simply don't have the perspective to make an accurate assessment of where the center is. You are light years away from it - you can't even see it from out there.
If being a constitutional conservative (you know, by NOT trying to add words to the Constitution which are NOT there) makes me a "rightwing extremist" in your book, then that is a badge I will wear with PRIDE!
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#8874 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
suggest you read your own link instead...I know you must have a major reading disability:(types of weapon is limited)
(f) None of the Courtís precedents forecloses the Courtís interpretation. Neither United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U. S. 542 , nor Presser v. Illinois, 116 U. S. 252, refutes the individual-rights interpretation. United States v. Miller, 307 U. S. 174, does not limit the right to keep and bear arms to militia purposes, but rather limits the type of weapon to which the right applies to those used by the militia, i.e., those in common use for lawful purposes. Pp. 47Ė54.[175][176]
and then we have:
Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues.
Anything else you care to babble about mctard?
That is a lie. MANY laws have been upheld by one court just to be deemed UNLAWFUL by another court. Just because a law passes and is upheld does not make it legal. Slavery was legal and upheld in courts but it was still a violation of rights thus an infrinement. The Second Amendment has never been before SCOTUS to ask if it is unlimited therefore never ruled on. A personal opinion of a justice is not a ruling. Everything is legal until a law makes it illegal and ALL laws are subject to removal, but that has nothing to do with rights which are not removable, just infringable.

Southeast Virginia

#8876 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
and what the hell do you parrot, armedtard?..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BJ4bqOJv16YXX
Freedom, liberty, and the US Constitution (how it was written).

The entire reason the Constitution has survived for as long as it has is because it is NOT allowed to be influenced by the political whims of the day. That is also the reason it was made extremely difficult to amend. If you want to amend the USC, then go out and get the required votes and state approvals that are required. But be prepared to be confronted by those like me AT EVERY TURN, and we won't be wanting to play patty-cake about our position. Good luck in your endeavor.
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#8877 Oct 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Fine. You can own any gun you like as long as you don't take it off your property.
Satisfied?
Still missing it aren't you. I can't take a gun on someones property that don't allow it. I can however on public property as I am part owner. I also can't take a car on a persons property that don't allow cars. Self defense however is a right driving cars is not. I still prove you are a liar.

Southeast Virginia

#8879 Oct 10, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I'm wide awake and right. Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the jokes' on you.
I know that, being a leftist liberal and all, you don't want to admit that decades of your "feel good" policies have populated our streets with repeat violent offenders and the mentally unstable (not to mention all of the illegal alien criminals you liberals love so much) who should all be in institutions but complete denial isn't going to solve that problem. You'd rather focus on restricting and abrogating my rights and freedoms even though I've committed no crime. You're the one dreaming if you think that's going to happen without a fight. I'm willing to fight and die for the constitution as it was written and intended. I've laid my life on the line for it before and I have no problem with doing it again but I wouldn't waste the time it would take to spit on your revisionist version.
EXCELLENT !!!
Tray

Tupelo, MS

#8883 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
that's your personal opinion.... and what your rights are determined by the courts & legislatures (federal and state), not by some neanderthals trained in constitutional law at Densa college....
scenarios have changed from 200 years ago...hillbilly jack-0ffs are not the militia and "arms" have changed since muskets were the most powerful "armament"...to deny that is pure lunacy born of willful blindness.
Yes the musket was the most powerful "armament" at the time and the founding fathers thought EVERYONE should be able to own the "most powerful armament" available. Their idea was a country by the people for the people, not by the government for the government. The protection of the people and their rights was more important than the protection of the government.

Southeast Virginia

#8884 Oct 10, 2013
<quoted text>
The term is "majority rule" and I'm not surprised you have disdain for it. Reactionary extremists usually do.
In a land of freedom and liberty....you know, what this country was founded upon.....the freedom and rights of the few are not subject to the whims of the many without due process. A true democracy is nothing more than mob/majority rule. That is why we have a CONSITUTIONAL REPUBLIC.
Storm Warning

Fall River, WI

#8885 Oct 10, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
How much do you want to bet that there's at least one accidental discharge during this event?
more than likely your birth was an accidental discharge

Southeast Virginia

#8886 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
when your rights infringe on my rights, they are removable...
your right to free speech does not give you the right yell fire in crowded theatre when there is no fire... and it does not give you the right to yell "HI JACK" on a plane.....
hence, we have taken your right away, haven't we...grow up dip$-hit.....
Is your mouth taped shut prior to getting on a plane or going into a movie theater so you won't incite a panic? Didn't think so. You are punished AFTER the crime has been committed.....not beforehand.

Southeast Virginia

#8889 Oct 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Except the majority isn't denying anybody their 2nd Amendment rights.
Except for that whole "shall not be infringed" part.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#8890 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
blow it out your a$$...along with your perceived rights....
you violate any of gun control laws, and you will be locked up along with your rights and given a oopy of constitution to read and wipe with ....
So when is 2 year old "little johnny" going to start going door to door and taking guns away...?
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#8891 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
your right to free speech does not give you the right yell fire in crowded theatre when there is no fire... and it does not give you the right to yell "HI JACK" on a plane.....
hence, we have taken your right away, haven't we...grow up dip$-hit.....
Let me know as soon as the free exercise of my individual right to keep and bear arms infringes on any of your "percieved" rights.

Southeast Virginia

#8894 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
narrowing it down to two cities and claiming laws don't work is typical ignorance... narrow the perimeter and you can skew the data... I am sure I can find a couple of square miles in both cities were there are zero gun homicides and claim gun control measures work 100%....
you have a whole state like Alaska, which is loaded with guns and unrestricted concealed weapons permits, and it is in the top 3 worst crime and violence in the nation...
Those were just two cities off the top of my head. There are many more with high crime rates and strict gun laws.

1) There is no such thing as a "unrestricted concealed weapons permit" in Alaska. You are not required to have a permit in Alaska to carry concealed, and there are a few restriction on where you can carry.
2) The presence or absense of guns is NOT the only thing that drives crime rates. Not by a long shot. Poverty level, diversity if the populace, population density, etc. are all factors. And in Alaska you also have the fact that in some parts, it stays dark for MONTHS at a time, which also leads to higher levels of depression, and I would also be willing to bet that most strong-arm type of crimes such as armed robbery takes place at night also.

Southeast Virginia

#8895 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
My right to carry an effective self-defense weapon in NO WAY infringes on your rights. No way whatsover. More sensationalistic BULLSHIT from you.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#8896 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
violate any of the gun control measures, and you will find out real quickly.....care to test it moron, or you going to hide in your trailer and strut around with a pistol in your boxer shorts with your perceived rights?
Carry concealed...no permit
guns not registered
thousands of rounds of ammunition

I walk the street carrying concealed almost every day...no "little johnny" weasel has the ability to stop me.

AND...it's all legal...you're still an ignorant, lying, criminal POS, extremist, "frustrated control freak".

Southeast Virginia

#8897 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
And if ever I do infringe on ANY of your rights (which would never happen), my rights are only removable through DUE PROCESS. You know, as stated in that darned old Constitution again.
Marauder

Valdez, AK

#8898 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
keep them behind your door and I don't give a rat's a$$..come out and start waving it in my face, and you will say bye-bye...
Carry concealed, walking the streets...no permit...nothing you, the "little johnny" weasel can do about it.

ROTFLMAO...you ignorant, lying, criminal POS, extremist, "frustrated control freak".

Southeast Virginia

#8899 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
on public property?? because you are part owner?...really moron?...shows how ignorant you are...try taking your guns into a courthouse or federal building or state building...
I will come visit you and laugh thru the glass window..
Concealed carry is allowed in the VA state house with a concealed-carry permit, and it happens ALL THE TIME. Has anyone ever been shot by one of those concealed carriers? Not in any report I have ever been able to find.

Southeast Virginia

#8901 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
keep them behind your door and I don't give a rat's a$$..come out and start waving it in my face, and you will say bye-bye...
Since when does crime stop at anyones' property line? And if me carrying a gun in a holster on my hip is "waving it in your face"......TOO F**KING BAD, hoplophobe.

Southeast Virginia

#8902 Oct 10, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, you can argue your case with the public defender to back you up.... bhwhahwhahhahahha....
You have to find me accused of breaking some crime first, dumbass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk of the Sound Exclusive: President Obama Co... Aug 29 stenbrian333 1
Wayne Meddaugh seeks office for Clerk of Superi... Jul '14 Alex Harris 1
Multiple Hess Gas Stations Hit By Skimmers Jul '14 Lio 13
Restaurant operator P.F. Chang's confirms credi... Jun '14 carey529 1
Greenfield woman could be facing fe... Jun '14 Hassan al Madji 8
Survey: Cybercrime on the rise May '14 commentard 1
Public-private survey finds cybercrime on the rise May '14 Cordwainer Trout 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••