Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments (Page 397)

Showing posts 7,921 - 7,940 of11,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Calm down AV. You shouldn't get yourself so wound up first thing in the morning.
Lying is not a crime. Lying under oath is.
Selfishness is not a crime. Greed is not a crime. Envy is not a crime. Gluttony is not a crime. Adultery is not a crime. Jealousy is not a crime. Ignoring the poor is not a crime. Neglecting the mentally ill is not a crime. Ignoring someone in need is not a crime. Hatred is not a crime. Blasphemy is not a crime. Refusing to be charitable is not a crime.
Shall I go on?
It is a clear and obvious fact of reality that most moral issues ARE NOT codified into law. You made that claim out of your emotions and without thinking it through.
Like usual.
LOL!
Selfishness and greed are not crimes??? Insider trading...a crime based on both. Cheating on your taxes....a crime based on both.

Adultery....depends on what culture you live in, plus, it is specifically mentioned as a crime in the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).

Jealousy? Not by itself, but it is when turned into stalking, physical abuse, or murder, isn't it?

Neglect IS a crime. Just heard a report this morning of two parents just arrested for the 2nd time for child neglect. They had 4 kids, the oldest was six, none of which could talk...only grunt, living in squallor in a house filled with human and animal feces. Sick m-fers who should be sterilized.

And hatred isn't a crime??? Ever heard of hate-crimes legislation and laws (discrimination)? They have been around for awhile.

I could keep going, but my point has been made. That point being that you are basically full of shit.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Selfishness and greed are not crimes??? Insider trading...a crime based on both. Cheating on your taxes....a crime based on both.
Wait. What? "Based on..."

LOL! I think you just proved my point.
Armed Veteran wrote:
Adultery....depends on what culture you live in, plus, it is specifically mentioned as a crime in the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ).
Jealousy? Not by itself, but it is when turned into stalking, physical abuse, or murder, isn't it?
Neglect IS a crime. Just heard a report this morning of two parents just arrested for the 2nd time for child neglect. They had 4 kids, the oldest was six, none of which could talk...only grunt, living in squallor in a house filled with human and animal feces. Sick m-fers who should be sterilized.
And hatred isn't a crime??? Ever heard of hate-crimes legislation and laws (discrimination)? They have been around for awhile.
I could keep going, but my point has been made. That point being that you are basically full of shit.
None of the things I mentioned are crimes. They may be the basis of crimes, but they themselves are not crimes.

A point which you yourself have inadvertently made here.

The only other point you've made is revealing how pathetically desperate you are to try to prove me wrong - even when I'm completely, undeniably right. You have to torture logic to make the "point" you think you're making. It's a sign of your growing obsession with knee-jerk disagreeing with anything I say.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Nope.
Heller;
Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.
All of which has been covered before. You are talking about expanding on that with additional restrictions on lawful gun owners and expanding the "conditions and qualifications" on the sale of arms beyond the existing commercial application (the non-existant "gun show loophole")

"There's no rational reason not to also regulate guns, gun ownership, and gun use."

The "rational reason" is nothing you have proposed would prevent criminals from getting a firearm and would only put more hurdles and restrictions on lawful gun owners or those who wish to legally purchase a firearm. Your focus for your laws has been towards the control of the gun instead of on control of the criminal.

Gun use is already controlled as much as it can be...gun ownership...what's to control...? Guns themselves...control how...?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Marauder wrote:
nothing you have proposed would prevent criminals from getting a firearm and would only put more hurdles and restrictions on lawful gun owners or those who wish to legally purchase a firearm. Your focus for your laws has been towards the control of the gun instead of on control of the criminal.
Gun use is already controlled as much as it can be...gun ownership...what's to control...? Guns themselves...control how...?
You are quite simply wrong. You may believe that, but in the real world, all the evidence points the other direction.

Where there is strict gun regulation, gun deaths are a fraction of the US.

Guns are not regulated as much as they can be. There's no basis in reality to make that claim.

You have chosen to prioritize your ideological beliefs over objective reality. That's your choice. Just don't expect those of us living in the reality based universe to agree or go along with your extremist agenda.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Like everyone in this nation, I support punishing crime, prosecuting murderers, making sure people are sentenced fairly and serve their sentences, ensuring people with mental illness get proper treatment, and every other thing you list here.
But IN ADDITION to all those measures (which are not solving the problem) I also support reasonable regulations on guns, gun ownership, and gun use. Why? Because they work.
There is no reasonable doubt that regulations of guns, gun ownership, and gun use reduce gun violence. That is not even an area that reasonable people doubt.
You are simply throwing up every roadblock you can imagine to making America safer and reducing the number of Americans who are killed needlessly every year.
If we were doing all of those things properly and effectively there would be no need for anything IN ADDITION. The only way to stop/reduce the intentional killing of innocent people is the elimination/control of those with the intent.

I'm not throwing up every roadblock I can think of to making America safer and reducing the number of innocent Americans who are killed. I have done no such thing. Please try to be honest. I'm throwing up roadblocks to prevent the erosion of American freedom and individual rights while pointing directly at the real problem and making valid suggestions of how we can reduce the violence without infringing on the rights of law abiding honest citizens. Just because you don't like the fact that I see right through the firearms straw man argument doesn't indicate that I support doing nothing. It just means that I do not support doing the wrong thing, like you do.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

<quoted text>
I DID answer the question. I've posted it for you twice. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean I didn't answer.
But YOU didn't answer my question, did you? YOu didn't even try. YOu just keep deflecting it back to me in order to dodge it.
You claimed most gun killings are done by criminals and psychos, but you don't have a source for that. I asked for your source, but instead of answering, you want me to prove you wrong.
I'm done with this game, Squash. If you want to keep playing it, you're going to have to play with yourself.
LOL!
No, you didn't. So your white flag of surrender is graciously accepted and we can relegate your rediculous comment to the realm of pure subjective conjecture. Thank you.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

<quoted text>
LOL Oh, I see why you're confused. You leaped to the illogical conclusion that my DESCRIPTION of the necessary components to drunk driving (a drunk, a car) was advocating for confiscating cars.
Your thinking and reasoning handicap got the better of you again, didn't it? So sad.
No, I only meant that without a car involved, it can't be drunk driving. I wasn't prescribing a solution. I was describing the situation.
As I've already explained. In terms any person whose mind isn't clouded with irrational paranoia could understand.
Why would you think a logical conclusion based on your expressed position and previous posts would be "illogical"...?

Oh wait, I know the answer to this one...because you don't have any idea what your agenda is...right..?

You don't have a clue as to what you want to recommend in regards to guns, gun ownership or gun use.

Only that if a gun wasn't available...gun crime wouldn't exist...right..?

So basically, when you make the same comments in regards to guns...you aren't

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Wait. What? "Based on..."
LOL! I think you just proved my point.
And you would be wrong.....again. Deny it all you want. It still won't change the fact that the moral code (and most of it) HAS been codified into current laws.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

<quoted text>
You are quite simply wrong. You may believe that, but in the real world, all the evidence points the other direction.
Where there is strict gun regulation, gun deaths are a fraction of the US.
Guns are not regulated as much as they can be. There's no basis in reality to make that claim.
You have chosen to prioritize your ideological beliefs over objective reality. That's your choice. Just don't expect those of us living in the reality based universe to agree or go along with your extremist agenda.
Now see...?...there you go again. Why can't you read what I wrote...NOT what you think or wish I wrote....?

"Guns are not regulated as much as they can be. There's no basis in reality to make that claim."

I didn't make that claim as you say...did I...?

"Where there is strict gun regulation, gun deaths are a fraction of the US."

Do "they" have a Constitution that protects their rights...? Do "they" have an individual right to keep and bear arms...?...How about within the US...? Tell me how those strict gun regulations are working against the criminal elements.

"You have chosen to prioritize your ideological beliefs over objective reality."

I have chosen to continue to abide by my oath...even long after my retirement...to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. So is your reference to “ideological beliefs” in reference to the military oath…?…more of your elitism coming thru..?

“Just don't expect those of us living in the reality based universe to agree or go along with your extremist agenda.”

I don’t expect you to agree and don’t care if you do or not…that is your prerogative…just as it is mine to disagree with your extremist agenda (even if you haven’t thought about it yet…but we both know you have)…HOWEVER…when legislation gets passed in the State or Federal level…or the Supreme Court says “ya, you do have an individual right”…then you just might have to “go along”…or not, by breaking the law. We all get choices to make.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Tray wrote:
<quoted text>Look who's talking. That quote was a personal opinion by only one of the members. NOT a ruling.
"There seems to us no doubt, on the basis of both text and history, that the Second Amendment conferred an individual right to keep and bear arms. Of course the right was not unlimited, just as the First Amendment ’s right of free speech was not, see, e.g., United States v. Williams, 553 U. S.___(2008). Thus, we do not read the Second Amendment to protect the right of citizens to carry arms for any sort of confrontation, just as we do not read the First Amendment to protect the right of citizens to speak for any purpose. Before turning to limitations upon the individual right, however, we must determine whether the prefatory clause of the Second Amendment comports with our interpretation of the operative clause."

Wipe your chin, dear.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Tray wrote:
Gosh next time you should study law and court rulings before placing that nasty foot in your mouth.
Gosh, you should be more concerned with the things you have in your mouth- with AIDS running rampant in your community.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now see...?...there you go again. Why can't you read what I wrote...NOT what you think or wish I wrote....?
So whines the queen of the paraphrase.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Marauder wrote:
I have chosen to continue to abide by my oath...even long after my retirement...to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
Just as long as they agree with you, eh, Mooch.

Before the Second Amendment- which you have demonstrated a woeful lack of comprehension- comes the first.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>No, you didn't. So your white flag of surrender is graciously accepted and we can relegate your rediculous comment to the realm of pure subjective conjecture. Thank you.
LOL! Keep dreaming. Because that's the only place where this fantasy is true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>If we were doing all of those things properly and effectively there would be no need for anything IN ADDITION. The only way to stop/reduce the intentional killing of innocent people is the elimination/control of those with the intent.
I'm not throwing up every roadblock I can think of to making America safer and reducing the number of innocent Americans who are killed. I have done no such thing. Please try to be honest. I'm throwing up roadblocks to prevent the erosion of American freedom and individual rights while pointing directly at the real problem and making valid suggestions of how we can reduce the violence without infringing on the rights of law abiding honest citizens. Just because you don't like the fact that I see right through the firearms straw man argument doesn't indicate that I support doing nothing. It just means that I do not support doing the wrong thing, like you do.
Still dreaming I see.

Come back when you wake up.

LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you think a logical conclusion based on your expressed position and previous posts would be "illogical"...?
Oh wait, I know the answer to this one...because you don't have any idea what your agenda is...right..?
You don't have a clue as to what you want to recommend in regards to guns, gun ownership or gun use.
Only that if a gun wasn't available...gun crime wouldn't exist...right..?
So basically, when you make the same comments in regards to guns...you aren't
I'm crystal clear on my agenda. It's you who don't have any idea what it is. You've fabricated an agenda for me out of whole cloth and continue to argue with it rather than with what I've actually proposed.

And I can't help you with your thought disorder. I've plainly explained what I meant. Your decision to ignore it in favor of your imagined meaning is just another symptom of your disorder.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And you would be wrong.....again. Deny it all you want. It still won't change the fact that the moral code (and most of it) HAS been codified into current laws.
Okay, prove it.

I supported my claim. Now you do the same.

Can you?

Will you even try?

LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Guns are not regulated as much as they can be. There's no basis in reality to make that claim."
I didn't make that claim as you say...did I...?
Of course you did.
Marauder wrote:
Gun use is already controlled as much as it can be.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Marauder wrote:
<
"Where there is strict gun regulation, gun deaths are a fraction of the US."
Do "they" have a Constitution that protects their rights...? Do "they" have an individual right to keep and bear arms...?...How about within the US...? Tell me how those strict gun regulations are working against the criminal elements.
It was smart to not even try to refute the facts. Diversion was definitely your best move.

LOL!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Marauder wrote:
"You have chosen to prioritize your ideological beliefs over objective reality."
I have chosen to continue to abide by my oath...even long after my retirement...to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. So is your reference to “ideological beliefs” in reference to the military oath…?…more of your elitism coming thru..?
LOL! More of your vivid imagination at work - thinking I was somehow disparaging military service.

As long as you continue to draw conclusions about me based on your imagination rather than what I've actually said, you're going to continue to say stupid shit like this. I recommend you try listening to what I actually say for a change.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,921 - 7,940 of11,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••