Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10989 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#8681 Oct 8, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
But why should we have any laws - criminals don't follow them anyway. All they do is impinge on the liberties of law abiding citizens while criminals go ahead and do whatever they want anyway.
I didn't say anyone was talking about doing that. I said that's the logical conclusion of your tediously repetitive argument.
You should learn what a strawman argument is, by the way. You're using it wrong. LOL!
Not much into reading are you? I already told you that laws are still needed to have something to prosecute the criminals with. And NO ONE is talking about eliminating all laws. So your claim that it is a repetitive argument of mine is a LIE.

Southeast Virginia

#8682 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I've described my position many, many times here. If you can't be bothered to read for comprehension, I'm not going to waste my time spoon-feeding it to you.
It doesn't matter if you shovel shit with a spoon or a backhoe....it's still shit.

Southeast Virginia

#8683 Oct 8, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
ignorant, criminal "frustrated hillbilly control freak"...
The idiot who admits to having an illegl switchblade is unfoundedly calling someone else a criminal. That's hilarious!

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#8684 Oct 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much into reading are you? I already told you that laws are still needed to have something to prosecute the criminals with. And NO ONE is talking about eliminating all laws. So your claim that it is a repetitive argument of mine is a LIE.
So laws are okay, just not gun laws.

Gotcha.

Southeast Virginia

#8685 Oct 8, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
why don't you tell us what it says dumb $-hit...who makes up the militia, aliens from outer space or zombies? Do you need a history lesson seeing you were homeschooled by retards, much like maraudertard....
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,
So why don't you tell us why everywhere in the USC and the BOR that the PEOPLE are mentioned or inferred, it refers to INDIVIDUAL rights. But when the PEOPLE are specifically mentioned in the 2nd Amendment, all of a sudden it is a collective right. And the fact that the SCOTUS has ruled against you.....TWICE

Southeast Virginia

#8686 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
So laws are okay, just not gun laws.
Gotcha.
Not gun laws that do nothing to punish the criminals, and just create more hoops for the law-abinding to jump through in order to exercise a consitutionally guaranteed right. No.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#8687 Oct 8, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
right of well armed militia,(you left that out)....we are past that stage...a bunch of redneck hillbillys barely able to read and write is hardly anything we can depend on to protect us.. in light of drones, F-16's, gunships, bunkerbusters, and stealth bombers.... I will depend on those in lieu of bunch of tards just getting used to indoor plumbing...
now go back to your legos and video games...
The only stage we are past is the stage at which natural selection should have taken you out of the gene pool you Satan worshiping fidiot. Now crawl back under your slimy rock and contemplate your next ridiculously stupid comment.

Chambersburg, PA

#8688 Oct 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Not gun laws that do nothing to punish the criminals, and just create more hoops for the law-abinding to jump through in order to exercise a consitutionally guaranteed right. No.
Laws aren't just to punish people after the fact. We have many, many laws that are designed to prevent dangerous or deadly things from happening. Do you advocate for the repeal of all of them as well?

Southeast Virginia

#8689 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, all human life has equal value.
So if a woman being beaten and raped protects herself and kills her rapist, she should be prosecuted for murder??? After all, a life is a life, right?

Boggy Creek

#8690 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm wrong about my own agenda and I don't know it? So you read minds now?
No, you couldn't, because even I don't know my true agenda, so reading my mind wouldn't reveal it to you.
So you're really just making shit up about me, aren't you?
LOL!
You really love deflection, don't ya? What I said is that you've bought into an agenda, by supporting all or part of it, that is moving to ban all guns in America but you claim that is not your preference. If you honestly are not in favor of total disarmament then you should reconsider the path you are now on..........because it leads to a total gun ban if it is eventually successful. Your "slippery slope" is slicker than a greased pig whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. The agenda is to set a precedent for restriction and then build on that for the next restriction and the next and so on 'til there are no privately owned firearms. The anti-gun lobby has made it abundantly clear that it will never stop as long as there is one gun to be confiscated. That IS their ultimate goal.

Southeast Virginia

#8691 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Laws aren't just to punish people after the fact. We have many, many laws that are designed to prevent dangerous or deadly things from happening. Do you advocate for the repeal of all of them as well?
Re-read the previous post. Laws do NOT prevent a criminal from doing anything.

Chambersburg, PA

#8692 Oct 8, 2013
You know. I am curious, AV, how you ALWAYS seem to pop up and Squash seems to pop up at the same time. I mean once and no one would even notice. Twice could be just a coincidence. But routinely all the time????? Things that make you go "hmmmmm".

Southeast Virginia

#8693 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!
Without a car, a drunk isn't driving, is he?
Logical reasoning really isn't your thing, is it? LOL!
But you are not doing anything to the car, Danny Boy. You are restricting the driver AFTER he has been found guilty of a crime.

Chambersburg, PA

#8694 Oct 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a woman being beaten and raped protects herself and kills her rapist, she should be prosecuted for murder??? After all, a life is a life, right?
Sorry but that conclusion doesn't logically follow from what I stated. Just because someone holds a moral position on an issue doesn't mean that moral position should be translated into criminal law. That's an important concept that the right in this nation just can't seem to grasp for some reason.

Boggy Creek

#8695 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm wrong about my own agenda and I don't know it? So you read minds now?
No, you couldn't, because even I don't know my true agenda, so reading my mind wouldn't reveal it to you.
So you're really just making shit up about me, aren't you?
LOL!
BTW Dan, you haven't provided any objective data to support your statement yet. What "fraction" of gun related deaths (not including suicide or justified/police shootings) are committed by individuals with priors and/or known criminal connections? 98 hundredths is a fraction, ya know. So, what is the fraction you speak of and what valid information do you have to support it? Put up or shut up as the saying goes.....

Chambersburg, PA

#8696 Oct 8, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You really love deflection, don't ya? What I said is that you've bought into an agenda, by supporting all or part of it, that is moving to ban all guns in America but you claim that is not your preference. If you honestly are not in favor of total disarmament then you should reconsider the path you are now on..........because it leads to a total gun ban if it is eventually successful. Your "slippery slope" is slicker than a greased pig whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. The agenda is to set a precedent for restriction and then build on that for the next restriction and the next and so on 'til there are no privately owned firearms. The anti-gun lobby has made it abundantly clear that it will never stop as long as there is one gun to be confiscated. That IS their ultimate goal.
This post is not based in reality or logic. It is based in paranoia and fear.

And that's how we know it is the result of being duped by the gun lobby and rightwing propaganda machine. People who use logic and reason to reach conclusions don't make arguments characterized by fear and paranoia instead of objective facts. That's what people do who are being manipulated.

Southeast Virginia

#8697 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry but that conclusion doesn't logically follow from what I stated. Just because someone holds a moral position on an issue doesn't mean that moral position should be translated into criminal law. That's an important concept that the right in this nation just can't seem to grasp for some reason.
BULLSHIT!!! More dodging away from the hard questions, huh Danny Boy. You said that ALL life has equal value. If the rapist's life is equal to that of his victim, should the victim be prosecuted when she blows his ass away? It is a simple yes or no question.

If your answer is yes, then your moral compass is completely F**KED, and you have no need to ever respond to me again. If no, you just contradicted yourself. Which is it, Dan???

Chambersburg, PA

#8698 Oct 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are not doing anything to the car, Danny Boy. You are restricting the driver AFTER he has been found guilty of a crime.
There are many, many laws regulating safety features on cars in order to prevent injury and death. Those laws impact the car before the fact.

Mindlessly parroting back my criticisms of you only shows how intellectually bankrupt your arguments are. Every time you do it you just prove your own failure.

Southeast Virginia

#8699 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
And here is a little clue for the clueless. Just about every criminal law on the books today is based on a moral code.

Chambersburg, PA

#8700 Oct 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-read the previous post. Laws do NOT prevent a criminal from doing anything.
Yeah, we've been through this already. And I already proved you wrong.

Try again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cleveland prepares for RNC convention protests May '16 Hostis Publicus 9
News Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offen... May '16 Jelly Belly Popcorn 3
News Man shot outside White House remains in critica... May '16 WeTheSheeple 2
News Secret Service agent shoots armed man outside W... May '16 Bama Yankee 16
News Bill Clinton ditched Secret Service on multiple... May '16 IsTrumpDodgingThis 2
News Bill Clinton's SICK Truth Just EXPOSED -... May '16 IsTrumpDodgingThis 10
News Secret Service: Man planned to kidnap first dog (Jan '16) Apr '16 Jaimie 6
More from around the web