Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion 11,004

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Read more

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#8634 Oct 8, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>BS. More deflection. Okay, here is a direct quote from your post #8589:
"Only a fraction of gun killings are committed by psychos and people who were already criminals when they did the shooting."
98 hundredths is a fraction. Show what fraction you are referring to and the objective data that supports it. Please try to be honest.
And do you know WHY you can't support your claim with evidence? Because nobody collects that data. The gun lobby has prevented the federal government from collecting all sorts of relevant data on gun crime in the US.

So you make that assertion repeatedly without any concern for whether or not it's true because you know there's no proof so nobody can prove you wrong.

Just like you can't prove me wrong when I say that only a fraction of gun deaths are caused by psychos and people with an existing criminal history.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#8635 Oct 8, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
The issue at hand is that you can't recognize the difference between attacking an argument and attacking a person.
That depends on who's making the argument, doesn't it? Attacking a person's argument IS attacking the person. Keep spinning, Dan. You have been proven WRONG, and you know it, so quit trying to dodge and deflect your way out of it.

Chambersburg, PA

#8636 Oct 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully acknowledge that we have a VIOLENCE problem in this country. What I flat refuse to acknowledge is that an inanimate object is the source of that violence. What YOU fail to realize is that controlling a THING does NOTHING to control the violent behavior of PEOPLE. If you want to cut down on firearm deaths (murders), control those who are committing the crimes. You know.......CRIMINALS.
Trying to control gun crime by making it harder for the law-abiding to get a gun is like trying to cut down on drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy a car.
Nobody's claiming that guns are the SOURCE of the violence problem. That's a strawman argument designed to avoid dealing with the problem.

Trying to prevent gun violence without addressing guns is like trying to prevent drunk driving without addressing cars.

Chambersburg, PA

#8637 Oct 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlawfull killings are already that.....unlawful. Passing more laws making it MORE illegal will not do a damn thing. And passing more legislation that will only be followed by the law-abiding will not stop a CRIMINAL from doing anything. Criminals DON'T CARE how many anti-gun laws you pass.......THEY DON'T FOLLOW THEM.
Why can't you get that very simple fact through your very thick skull???
Nobody's trying to make it more illegal. We're trying to make it harder to accomplish.

Why can't you get it through your very thick skull that the logical conclusion this tedious, asinine argument is the elimination of ALL laws, since criminals don't obey them anyway.

Chambersburg, PA

#8638 Oct 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
That depends on who's making the argument, doesn't it? Attacking a person's argument IS attacking the person. Keep spinning, Dan. You have been proven WRONG, and you know it, so quit trying to dodge and deflect your way out of it.
Attacking a persons argument is called "debate." Attacking a person's competence or character is a personal attack.

There is a very clear difference between debate and personal attacks. If you don't know that difference, it's no wonder you make constant personal attacks and don't even know it.

Southeast Virginia

#8639 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Death = death. Your refusal to acknowledge that is why we can't have a comprehensive plan to address gun violence in this country.
And a death DOES NOT equal a death. There are many many people out there who the world could truly do without. They exist to do nothing more than bring pain and anguish to those around them, to threaten the lives of others by stealing, robbing and raping those around them because they believe they shouldn't have to work to get what they feel they deserve. Are you saying that the death of one of these societal scumbags is as tragic as a little girl who is killed by one the stray bullets these POS's let fly every week??? Tell me you don't believe such. There are people in our society who truly deserve to be put down like the rabid dogs they are.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#8640 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Nobody's trying to disarm the American people.
Why does it always come back to that lie with you? Why can't you have an honest debate? If I'm so wrong, why do you have to lie about my position?
You just don't get it do ya? You have bought into a systematic attempt to abrogate the 2nd amendment whether you are aware of it or not. If you keep chipping away at something.....sooner or later there's nothing left and the anti-gun lobby has made it abundantly clear that their goal is a total gun ban and the complete abrogation of our constitutional right. So if you support their agenda, as you are here, you are supporting their ultimate goal. That's no lie. Plain and simple.

Chambersburg, PA

#8641 Oct 8, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And a death DOES NOT equal a death. There are many many people out there who the world could truly do without. They exist to do nothing more than bring pain and anguish to those around them, to threaten the lives of others by stealing, robbing and raping those around them because they believe they shouldn't have to work to get what they feel they deserve. Are you saying that the death of one of these societal scumbags is as tragic as a little girl who is killed by one the stray bullets these POS's let fly every week??? Tell me you don't believe such. There are people in our society who truly deserve to be put down like the rabid dogs they are.
Sorry, but I disagree with your opinion completely.

Chambersburg, PA

#8642 Oct 8, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text> You just don't get it do ya? You have bought into a systematic attempt to abrogate the 2nd amendment whether you are aware of it or not. If you keep chipping away at something.....sooner or later there's nothing left and the anti-gun lobby has made it abundantly clear that their goal is a total gun ban and the complete abrogation of our constitutional right. So if you support their agenda, as you are here, you are supporting their ultimate goal. That's no lie. Plain and simple.
I guess it's not a lie if you actually believe it. But you are completely, utterly, and totally wrong about me, about my agenda, and about your illogical slippery slope argument.

Southeast Virginia

#8643 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Nobody's trying to make it more illegal. We're trying to make it harder to accomplish.
Why can't you get it through your very thick skull that the logical conclusion this tedious, asinine argument is the elimination of ALL laws, since criminals don't obey them anyway.
No one is talking about the eliminatio of ALL LAWS, Danny Boy. We still need something to prosecute the bad guys with don't we??

Nice strawman by the way.

Boggy Creek

#8644 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Can't back it up, can you?
Why do you claim that killings with firearms are committed by criminals and psychos if you can't back it up with objective evidence?
BS. More deflection. You can try to turn it around all you want but the FACT remains that YOU made the claim and now refuse to back it up with objective data. YOU made the assertion that "ONLY A FRACTION" of gun deaths are committed by individuals with priors or known criminal connections. That was YOUR statement, not mine. So now show statistics that support your statement, what exactly is that "ONLY A FRACTION"? One tenth? Half? Nine tenths? And please try to be honest, I know it's difficult for you but give it a shot anyway.

Southeast Virginia

#8645 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Nobody's claiming that guns are the SOURCE of the violence problem. That's a strawman argument designed to avoid dealing with the problem.
You acknowledge that very claim EVERY TIME you stump for more gun control laws without talking about CRIMINALS, Danny Boy. Not a strawman.....cold hard facts.
<quoted text>
Trying to prevent gun violence without addressing guns is like trying to prevent drunk driving without addressing cars.
So how will addressing cars ever prevent drunk driving??? You have to control the DRUNKS in order to stop drunk driving, don't ya???

Southeast Virginia

#8646 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I disagree with your opinion completely.
So you believe the life of a homicidal POS on the street is just as valuable as the victim he kills????

Southeast Virginia

#8647 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I guess it's not a lie if you actually believe it. But you are completely, utterly, and totally wrong about me, about my agenda, and about your illogical slippery slope argument.
That slippery slope argument has been proven in this country already. Proof? Assault rifle registration in the state of California. What happened to all those people who registered their AR's, AK's etc. in CA????

Boggy Creek

#8648 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
And do you know WHY you can't support your claim with evidence? Because nobody collects that data. The gun lobby has prevented the federal government from collecting all sorts of relevant data on gun crime in the US.
So you make that assertion repeatedly without any concern for whether or not it's true because you know there's no proof so nobody can prove you wrong.
Just like you can't prove me wrong when I say that only a fraction of gun deaths are caused by psychos and people with an existing criminal history.
If the data is unavailable then your statement is complete BS as I called it in the first place. The gun lobby does not prevent the government from infringing on the right to keep and bear arms, the constitution does. So stop with your straw man argument and provide some objective proof to support your statement or it's just BS.

Since you're trying to put words in my mouth please show me where I have ever claimed or stated the ALL firearms deaths are committed by individuals with priors and/or criminal connections. I have always stated that the violence can be "drastically reduced" by removing as many known criminals/psychos from our society as possible. Try again Danny Boy....

Boggy Creek

#8649 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
When the slope is slippery beyond any possible doubt.....I call a spade a spade. If I'm totally wrong about you then you need to reconsider your stance because right now you're wrong about you whether you know it or not.

Southeast Virginia

#8652 Oct 8, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
right of well armed militia,(you left that out)....we are past that stage...a bunch of redneck hillbillys barely able to read and write is hardly anything we can depend on to protect us.. in light of drones, F-16's, gunships, bunkerbusters, and stealth bombers.... I will depend on those in lieu of bunch of tards just getting used to indoor plumbing...
now go back to your legos and video games...
The 2nd Amendment doesn't say "...the right of the well armed militia...", dumbass. No matter hard you wish it to be so.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#8654 Oct 8, 2013
satanlives wrote:
<quoted text>
mcre-tard, my point was showing you china was doing nothing different than what we have done.. so they passed laws about knives, so did we... what was your purpose, dumba$$...
topic was gun control and you brought controls about knives....sounds like you are willfully stupid....
"willfully stupid...."

Yup...you know all about that don't you..?

Ignorant, criminal, "frustrated control freak".

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8655 Oct 8, 2013
Squach wrote:
My name is not "Squash".
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MOMMY! I can dish it out but I can't take it! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! He called be Squash!

There there, Squish...
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#8656 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
A few isolated quotes from years ago do not indicate that there is any attempt to disarm the American people. You keep claiming that's what it means, which makes you look stupid to keep trying to sell what nobody (rational) is buying.
"A few isolated quotes from years ago do not indicate that there is any attempt to disarm the American people."

We've been thru this...actual legislation from last year hardly qualifies as "...A few isolated quotes from years ago..."

Gun Confiscation Bill Proposed in California:‘We Can Save Lives’

Law abiding gun owners in California have to feel uneasy after Democrats rolled out a massive gun control package on Thursday, which includes strict ammunition regulations and even a bill that allows potential confiscation of the state’s 166,000 legally registered semi-automatic rifles.

Under the sweeping gun control bills introduced by state Senate Democrats, all semi-automatic rifles with detachable magazines would be banned, all guns would be registered and gun owners would need a special permit just to buy ammunition.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/08/gu...

Missouri: Anti-Gun Legislation Introduced That Would Turn Law-Abiding Gun Owners into Felons

Yesterday, state Representatives Rory Ellinger (D-86) and Jill Schupp (D-88) introduced House Bill 545, anti-gun legislation that would turn many law-abiding gun owners into felons. HB 545 would ban the possession, sale, transfer or manufacture of certain semi-automatic rifles and magazines that are capable of holding more than ten rounds.

HB 545 contains no grandfather clauses. Therefore, under HB 545, if you are currently in possession of the semi-automatic rifles and magazines outlined in this bill, you will have 90 days from the effective date of this legislation to surrender, destroy or remove these currently lawful items from Missouri. If you fail to do so, you could be charged with a Class C felony if this legislation is passed and enacted into law.

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legis...

Missouri House Democrats introduce bill that would ban assault weapons

Dana Loesch Radio on Thursday revealed that representatives in the Missouri House have introduced a bill that would criminalize so-called “assault weapons” and high capacity magazines within the state.

Sponsored by Rep. Roy Ellinger and co-sponsored by Reps. Jill Schupp, Margo McNeil and Walton Gray, the bill gives Missouri gun owners 90 days after taking effect to surrender their firearms.

http://www.examiner.com/article/missouri-hous...

HOUSE BILL NO. 545
97TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY

http://www.house.mo.gov/billtracking/bills131...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 US agents charged with fraud during Silk Road... 11 hr RustyS 1
News Some email truths for Hillary Clinton Mar 14 drice 1
News Multiple Hess Gas Stations Hit By Skimmers (Apr '14) Mar 3 Choppa 15
News Obama taps Clancy to lead the Secret Service Feb '15 Le Jimbo 1
News Drone maker says it's 'highly unlikely' White H... Feb '15 Eleanor 2
News Shots fired near Vice President Biden's Delawar... Jan '15 Gary 57
things to consider when buying a new home in sy... Jan '15 primebuildingbrokers 1
More from around the web