Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion 11,004

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Full Story

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#8592 Oct 7, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's the thing you won't/can't seem to comprehend:
Only a fraction of gun killings are committed by psychos and people who were already criminals when they did the shooting.
You act like nobody but criminals and psychos kill people, and there's simply no evidence to back that theory up. You believe it because you WANT to believe it.
You believe it because it gives you an excuse to do NOTHING about 32,000 of your fellow citizens dying by guns every single year.
The question is whether you are remaining ignorant and misinformed on purpose or if you honestly don't have the brain power to understand.
You're being disingenuous again. Show the statistics that support your statement. How many firearms deaths (not including suicide or justified/police shootings) are committed by someone with no priors or criminal connections per year? It may be a fraction but it's a very big one. Please try to be honest. What you won't/can't comprehend is that you can't stop people from killing people by regulating or banning a tool. You claim I want to do nothing about the deaths because, unlike you, I refuse to do the wrong thing about the deaths. Once again, please try to be honest. I've told you repeatedly how to reduce the number of innocent people killed, reduce the number of killers out there. Of course there will always be those killers who we can't know are a threat until they strike but if we did something effective about the ones we already know are a threat it would reduce the number of violent deaths in the country drastically. Plain and simple.

Boggy Creek

#8593 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Name a dupe who doesn't believe he thinks for himself.
LOL!
Dan the Man Chambersburg.

Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke's on you.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#8594 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You're being disingenuous again. Show the statistics that support your statement. How many firearms deaths (not including suicide or justified/police shootings) are committed by someone with no priors or criminal connections per year? It may be a fraction but it's a very big one. Please try to be honest. What you won't/can't comprehend is that you can't stop people from killing people by regulating or banning a tool. You claim I want to do nothing about the deaths because, unlike you, I refuse to do the wrong thing about the deaths. Once again, please try to be honest. I've told you repeatedly how to reduce the number of innocent people killed, reduce the number of killers out there. Of course there will always be those killers who we can't know are a threat until they strike but if we did something effective about the ones we already know are a threat it would reduce the number of violent deaths in the country drastically. Plain and simple.
If you want me to read your posts, make them shorter or use paragraphs.

Chambersburg, PA

#8595 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Dan the Man Chambersburg.
Laugh all you like Danny Boy, the joke's on you.
I'm sure you honestly believe that. That's what all dupes think about the people trying to reveal the truth to them.

Like I've said before - there's no dupe like a willing dupe.

LOL!
Still

Santa Fe, NM

#8597 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>

Firearms aren't the only way (not even the most effective way) to kill a lot of people.
fantasizing about mass murder?
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#8598 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
tl;dr
Next time, just post the link. Then we can evaluate the credibility of your source.
Like you do...?...that's rich...lol
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#8599 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not anti-gun. I'm pro-safety and anti-gun-death.
Nothing I've ever posted would give a reasonable and honest person reason to call me anti-gun. Hell, I own guns. I like guns and I like shooting. I just want to bring down the number of gun deaths in our nation, like any patriotic American.
But when your crowd refuses to budge an inch on anything related to gun safety, you leave no ability to have rational debate on the subject. Your way or the highway. No middle ground. No compromise.
pro-safety, by todays definition, instituted by the "anti-gun side"..is just that, anti-gun.

When you say you are "not anti-gun" but pro_safety"...you're lying thru your teeth.

"But when your crowd refuses to budge an inch on anything related to gun safety,..."

Show us some of the legislation that is "pro-safety" that you support.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#8600 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
It was clearly intended to establish a militia for the security of a free state. It was clearly intended to provide for the defense of the nation. That's not a corruption - that's a historically accurate reading.
AND to further that goal...to ensure the States would retain that ability, the Federal gov't was restrained from infringing on the people's individual right to keep and bear arms.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#8601 Oct 8, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You have to register your car just as you have to register a handgun. If you want to carry your gun in public you need a permit (which requires either a training course or military service), much the same as a car, sans the military training option.
Handguns have incorporated many safety features in the last 20 years, just as automobiles.
The only real difference is the insurance function of the automobile, which I have no issue with having liability insurance for a personal weapon any more than I do for my car.
However back to the point that you just glossed over as you usually do is that cars in fact kill more individuals that do guns per day. Where is your outrage? Or is it selective just as is your facts?
"Really? You have to register your car just as you have to register a handgun. If you want to carry your gun in public you need a permit (which requires either a training course or military service), much the same as a car, sans the military training option."

Not totally true. Handguns can be purchased without going thru an FFl in many locations and States. I have many guns that are not registered and never will be. Many States have "open carry" laws where a handgun can be carried without a permit...and several States allow concealed carry without permits.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#8602 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
American Gun Deaths to Exceed Traffic Fatalities by 2015
The number of people killed by firearms in the US is projected to exceed traffic fatalities for the first time in 2015.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-19/amer...
It's always good to mix apples and oranges to pump up your stats.

So what are the numbers when it's accidents vs accidents..?
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#8603 Oct 8, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Nah, the industry hasn't got a damn thing to do with my individual rights or the constitution. There is good and bad in the firearms industry just like everything else in life, I don't pay much attention to them. I'm influenced by reality, history, and the constitution.
Ooooo...careful Squach...you can tell he's getting more frustrated when he calls you his "friend"...lol

Congratulations, keep up the good work.
Marauder

Fairbanks, AK

#8604 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Read them if you want...don't if you don't...but you don't control how people post anymore than you will control their rights to keep and bear arms.

Boggy Creek

#8605 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
More deflection. This isn't a grammar class Professor Danny Boy. How many firearms deaths per year are committed by individuals with no priors and no known criminal connections? You made the statement now back it up with some real, objective numbers.

Boggy Creek

#8606 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sure you honestly believe that. That's what all dupes think about the people trying to reveal the truth to them.
Like I've said before - there's no dupe like a willing dupe.
LOL!
You should know, you're the willingest dupe I've run across in quite some time. Willing to sacrifice freedom for the illusion of safety. It doesn't matter whether I believe it or not, facts are like that ya know. They exist regardless of and unchanged by any belief. So laugh all you like Danny Boy the joke's on you.

Boggy Creek

#8607 Oct 8, 2013
Still wrote:
<quoted text>
fantasizing about mass murder?
Damn, are all of you gun grabbers complete idiots? I make a valid point about the ease with which a killer can accomplish his purpose without a gun and you attack the messenger. That's why you fools have been so utterly unsuccessful at reducing any kind of violence. You always attack the wrong people. DUH!

Boggy Creek

#8608 Oct 8, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooooo...careful Squach...you can tell he's getting more frustrated when he calls you his "friend"...lol
Congratulations, keep up the good work.
I just call 'em as I see 'em. He seems to have great difficulty with facts that belie his propaganda. But then facts are a propagandists worst enemy. Have you noticed how he and the other anti-gunner nuts all equate defending our rights to promoting mass murder? They desperately want to believe that gun control is the ONLY answer and absolutely refuse to even consider anything else. They have those liberal "feel good" policies so deeply entrenched in them that they will continue to molly-coddle all of the future mass killers/criminals, releasing them to reek havoc on society while disarming the American people to make them easy prey for those who reek that havoc. Not supporting the wrong action does not equate to supporting no action. Funny how simple basic truths like that escape them, isn't it?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#8609 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Total numbers for vehicle fatalities are higher, but the rate is virtually identical.
And the rate for vehicle deaths is down by over 250% since the federal government mandated seat belts.
I'm content with implementing gun safety regulations that only reduce the rate by 250%. Where should we start?
Question. How do you legislate responsibility??? Most firearm accident fatalities are caused by irresponsibility of the gun owner, such as not locking up a handgun when not under their direct control. Trying to hide a gun from a kid DOES NOT WORK.

So I will ask you again....How do you legislate responsibility???

Southeast Virginia

#8610 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Fatalities per 100,000 people = apples to apples.
Cars: 10.3
Firearms: 10.3
Source??

Southeast Virginia

#8611 Oct 8, 2013
<quoted text>
How many people are killed by bombs in the US every year? 32,000?
How many are killed by IEDs? 32,000?
How many are killed by pressure cookers? 32,000?
How many are killed by "bathtub plastic explosives? 32,000?
Can you see yet? As Americans, we address any source of a significant number of deaths.
Except guns, right?
And how many of those 32,000 people were intentional suicides which you, I, or anyone else has any control over???
Answer: 19,392 (CDC, 2010)

How many of those 32,000 people killed were actually MURDERED with firearms?
Answer: 8,855 (FBI, 2012)

Quit using disengenuous numbers. They aren't going to fly here.

Chambersburg, PA

#8612 Oct 8, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>More deflection. This isn't a grammar class Professor Danny Boy. How many firearms deaths per year are committed by individuals with no priors and no known criminal connections? You made the statement now back it up with some real, objective numbers.
LOL! Sorry, nice try. You are the one making the assertion here. Back it up.

You are the one asserting that killings are done by criminals and psychos. How many firearm deaths per year are committed by individuals who have a criminal record or are mentally ill? You continually make the statement, now back it up with some real, objective numbers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guard fired after Obama visit: I'm not a convict Nov 4 SirPrize 6
Gainer Mooted as Next Secret Service Director Nov 1 Le Jimbo 25
Police: Obama faced threats during Indiana visit Oct '14 nightcruiser49 1
Secret Service director faces grilling over sec... Oct '14 Mr Johnson 139
Another Secret Service SNAFU: Fake congressman ... Oct '14 Bama Yankee 1
Secret Service Director Julia Pierson resigns a... Oct '14 inbred Genius 24
Secret Service director resigns under fire Oct '14 Viet Nam Vet 1

US Secret Service People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE