Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10952 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#8541 Oct 7, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
tl;dr
Next time, just post the link. Then we can evaluate the credibility of your source.
Why would I be concerned about the determination of credibility from one who has none?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#8542 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, but that has never happened.
...except by you and Squash.
LOL!
If it wasn't for Freudian projection and gunner propaganda, the two of you would have nothing at all to post.
Much the same with your anti gun propaganda.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#8543 Oct 7, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I be concerned about the determination of credibility from one who has none?
Who are you trying to convince with your massive cut-n-paste? If you just want to reinforce what your fellow gunners already believe, then what's the point of posting here at all?

So obviously you care about my opinion or you wouldn't address anything I post. Right? If you ACTUALLY believe I have no credibility, then why not just ignore me?

Chambersburg, PA

#8544 Oct 7, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Much the same with your anti gun propaganda.
I'm sure you actually believe that.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#8545 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Let me know when you're interested in discussing the issue again. This stupid blame game is getting tedious.
Funny see you post this as you never discuss the issue.

I have read the respective posts from last Fri to today. You have consistently in your typical form avoided the issues and questions posted by others to only to reply with your own and then attempt to chastise when your questions are not answered.

Anyone who attempts intelligent discourse with you is inviting tedium ad nauseam.

Chambersburg, PA

#8546 Oct 7, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny see you post this as you never discuss the issue.
I have read the respective posts from last Fri to today. You have consistently in your typical form avoided the issues and questions posted by others to only to reply with your own and then attempt to chastise when your questions are not answered.
Anyone who attempts intelligent discourse with you is inviting tedium ad nauseam.
Right.

Check again. It's your gunner friends who abandoned actual debate.

Let me know when you're interested in discussing the issue again. This stupid blame game is getting tedious.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#8547 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Who are you trying to convince with your massive cut-n-paste? If you just want to reinforce what your fellow gunners already believe, then what's the point of posting here at all?
So obviously you care about my opinion or you wouldn't address anything I post. Right? If you ACTUALLY believe I have no credibility, then why not just ignore me?
I do not care for your opinions, just as I do not care for your disingenuous anti gun propaganda. Just setting the record straight. You obviously give yourself way too much credit.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#8548 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Right.
Check again. It's your gunner friends who abandoned actual debate.
No Dan it is just you that is tedious.

Chambersburg, PA

#8549 Oct 7, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not care for your opinions, just as I do not care for your disingenuous anti gun propaganda. Just setting the record straight. You obviously give yourself way too much credit.
I'm not anti-gun. I'm pro-safety and anti-gun-death.

Nothing I've ever posted would give a reasonable and honest person reason to call me anti-gun. Hell, I own guns. I like guns and I like shooting. I just want to bring down the number of gun deaths in our nation, like any patriotic American.

But when your crowd refuses to budge an inch on anything related to gun safety, you leave no ability to have rational debate on the subject. Your way or the highway. No middle ground. No compromise.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#8550 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
From my perspective, everything you wrote in your first paragraph applies to you. I believe that's called Freudian projection.
If you can't be bothered to spell your name correctly, why demand that of others?
And...your last paragraph applies to you as well.
Sorry, friend - but projecting your own failures onto me won't win the debate for you. Come back when you can be bothered to address the facts. LOL!
Your entire post is projection. You delude yourself on a daily basis. In case you didn't notice I even tried using your own terms and language to bring your projection home to you but you refuse to look objectively at anything, especially yourself. For you it's “the world according to Dan” and nothing else can even be considered. That's why you fail to ever engage in a meaningful debate, not because there aren't plenty of folks with credible arguments but because you refuse to even acknowledge the true issues and denounce anything that disagrees with your mandates to be "flawed thinking" or "imagination". You don't get to dictate reality but you continue to try. It is debate with YOU that is impossible and I am only one of many who have arrived at the same conclusion. Should we start a poll to see how many folks think you are really attempting to debate anything? Would that convince you? Or would you just continue with your "everybody else is wrong or crazy but I'm always right" attitude?

Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.

Chambersburg, PA

#8551 Oct 7, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
No Dan it is just you that is tedious.
Yeah, I'm sure you find it tedious to have your strawman arguments swatted down one after the other. I don't blame you for running away.

LOL!

Chambersburg, PA

#8552 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Your entire post is projection. You delude yourself on a daily basis. In case you didn't notice I even tried using your own terms and language to bring your projection home to you but you refuse to look objectively at anything, especially yourself. For you it's “the world according to Dan” and nothing else can even be considered. That's why you fail to ever engage in a meaningful debate, not because there aren't plenty of folks with credible arguments but because you refuse to even acknowledge the true issues and denounce anything that disagrees with your mandates to be "flawed thinking" or "imagination". You don't get to dictate reality but you continue to try. It is debate with YOU that is impossible and I am only one of many who have arrived at the same conclusion. Should we start a poll to see how many folks think you are really attempting to debate anything? Would that convince you? Or would you just continue with your "everybody else is wrong or crazy but I'm always right" attitude?
Contra principia negantem non est disputandum.
I'm sure these obsessively repetitive and mendacious posts are fun for you and all, but do you think you might get back to debating the issue any time soon?
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#8553 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Yeah, I'm sure you find it tedious to have your strawman arguments swatted down one after the other. I don't blame you for running away.
LOL!
LOL In your dreams.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#8554 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not anti-gun. I'm pro-safety and anti-gun-death.
Nothing I've ever posted would give a reasonable and honest person reason to call me anti-gun. Hell, I own guns. I like guns and I like shooting. I just want to bring down the number of gun deaths in our nation, like any patriotic American.
But when your crowd refuses to budge an inch on anything related to gun safety, you leave no ability to have rational debate on the subject. Your way or the highway. No middle ground. No compromise.
Now we are calling it "gun safety".

If you are "anti gun death" then go after the individual as the gun cannot kill without interaction from the individual. However the individual can kill without the gun.

Chambersburg, PA

#8555 Oct 7, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL In your dreams.
Sorry, don't dream about you. Never even think about you actually.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#8557 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sure these obsessively repetitive and mendacious posts are fun for you and all, but do you think you might get back to debating the issue any time soon?
Whenever you get finished stroking your ego........

So, how do you justify attempting to corrupt the meaning of the constitution, in particular the 2nd amendment, to restrict the people when it was clearly intended, written, and ratified to restrict the government? You don't see that as an oxymoron, diametrically opposed to its original intent?

Chambersburg, PA

#8558 Oct 7, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we are calling it "gun safety".
If you are "anti gun death" then go after the individual as the gun cannot kill without interaction from the individual. However the individual can kill without the gun.
Without guns, individuals wouldn't kill 30 people a day in this country. The issue isn't totally eliminating killing. The issue is bringing down the high rate; a rate that is only made possible by the ease with which you can kill with a gun.

Chambersburg, PA

#8559 Oct 7, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Whenever you get finished stroking your ego........
So, how do you justify attempting to corrupt the meaning of the constitution, in particular the 2nd amendment, to restrict the people when it was clearly intended, written, and ratified to restrict the government? You don't see that as an oxymoron, diametrically opposed to its original intent?
It was clearly intended to establish a militia for the security of a free state. It was clearly intended to provide for the defense of the nation. That's not a corruption - that's a historically accurate reading.

Chambersburg, PA

#8560 Oct 7, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is indeed true, then "Oh yeah, because you and your ilk don't know what the hell you are talking about."
Mine was a critique of the argument - something external to you and your ilk.

Yours was a critique of the person - their thinking and knowledge.

There's a difference. Do you need me to explain it to you?

BTW - this is the last time I'm going to respond to posts with name-calling and personal attacks in them.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#8561 Oct 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Without guns, individuals wouldn't kill 30 people a day in this country. The issue isn't totally eliminating killing. The issue is bringing down the high rate; a rate that is only made possible by the ease with which you can kill with a gun.
Really?
On average in 2011, 89 people were killed on the roadways of the U.S. each day.

What are we going to do about those killing machines we call automobiles? Where are your protests about cars since they kill more Americans each day than do guns? It is easier to get a drivers license than it is to get a gun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In gubernatorial campaign, Lamb shifts to empha... May '18 greenshoeexpress 1
News Dems: Did EPA security staffer steer contract t... Mar '18 Used to be a demo... 2
News Secret Service: Man shoots himself outside Whit... Mar '18 YouDidntBuildThat 13
News Watauga bookkeeper pleads guilty to embezzlemen... Feb '18 John 1
News TPD Seeks Man Suspected Of Passing Counterfeit ... Feb '18 terrorheartland 1
News Called to a spot near the White House, DC fire ... Jan '18 Watson 1
News Murder suspect Ager Hasan extradited back to Ca... Jan '18 snow on the way f... 1