Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments (Page 368)

Showing posts 7,341 - 7,360 of11,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

As usual wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't know what you are talking about.
And as usual, all you do is whine and bitch without posting any actual rebuttal. I'm not sure you realize how the whole "debate" thing is supposed to work.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

LuciferakaGod wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, I bet you were top debater at Densa elementary school weren't you....
how many examples have I provided of gun control countries having the lowest gun homicides deaths....yet you seem to gloss over that and focus on your 2nd amendment right....yeah.. you are very astute debater.....bwhahhahahhahahhah ahah
Because there are a lot of factors that go into a low homicide rate other than the presence or absense of guns. Examples are population density, income levels, population diversity, etc.

There are examples all over this country of cities and counties with extremely low to non-existent homicide rates with almost total gun ownership.

Now put that in your crackpipe and smoke it.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

LuciferakaGod wrote:
<quoted text>
examples?.... yeah, wall street and silicon valley perhaps.... has to do with IQ and education....
show us all these examples, rather than making blanket assertions pulled from your bowels...and I am not referring to your trailer park...
I'll give you one, then you can go do your own homework. The state of Vermont.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

LuciferakaGod wrote:
<quoted text>
wow...that's convincing....let's see... vermont has almost no restrictions on ownership and low homicide rate....
Hawaii has high restrictions on gun ownership and almost the same low homicide rate....
So if you admit that gun restrictions have little to do with the homicide rate, why are you so hell bent on passing NEW restrictions???

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So if you admit that gun restrictions have little to do with the homicide rate, why are you so hell bent on passing NEW restrictions???
Because they aren't interested in public safety, if they were they would be working on controlling the criminals and psychos walking free on our streets. They are just interested in disarming the American people so that controlling the population will be more easily possible. Their ultimate goal is a total ban on firearms and they will use any opportunity to further that agenda by chipping away another little piece of the 2nd amendment.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And as usual, all you do is whine and bitch without posting any actual rebuttal.
Actually, you are pretty dense and like me his hands must be getting sore from slapping the snot out of you, Sticky.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
There are examples all over this country of cities and counties with extremely low to non-existent homicide rates with almost total gun ownership.
There isn't.

Let's compare to a country that has a higher population density and almost no- less than one average day in the USA- firearms fatalities.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I bet you do.
I bet you do to, sonny.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Because they aren't interested in public safety,
If you gave a damn about public safer, Squishy, you wouldn't be advocating for gun sales to felons, wife beaters, terrorists, and your fellow mental deviants.

What a shame it is that your family isn't visited by what you wrought.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you one, then you can go do your own homework. The state of Vermont.
Vermont is 20th on the list and has no big cities.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Because they aren't interested in public safety, if they were they would be working on controlling the criminals and psychos walking free on our streets. They are just interested in disarming the American people so that controlling the population will be more easily possible. Their ultimate goal is a total ban on firearms and they will use any opportunity to further that agenda by chipping away another little piece of the 2nd amendment.
There is no honest way to claim that liberals have not and are not deeply invested in crime reduction and mental health. That claim is a tactic to avoid honestly addressing the issue.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Jesus, what the hell happened here this weekend? Is EVERYONE just a vulgar POS troll?

I guess rational discussion of gun issues is beyond the capacity of this crowd.

Smell ya later, losers.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Because they aren't interested in public safety, if they were they would be working on controlling the criminals and psychos walking free on our streets. They are just interested in disarming the American people so that controlling the population will be more easily possible. Their ultimate goal is a total ban on firearms and they will use any opportunity to further that agenda by chipping away another little piece of the 2nd amendment.
ding-ding-ding-ding.....give that man a cigar.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

LuciferakaGod wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, there are no control on psychos and criminals... we have total anarchy here in the US... how astute of you dumb $-hits..you figured out our problem...
I am more worried about our educational system pumping out ignorant morons like you two..
Oh...so I take it you are against the lowering of the education standards (which has been going on for decades) all across this nation?

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
Jesus, what the hell happened here this weekend? Is EVERYONE just a vulgar POS troll?
I guess rational discussion of gun issues is beyond the capacity of this crowd.
Smell ya later, losers.
As I have stated several times now....the trolls are thick this season.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh...so I take it you are against the lowering of the education standards (which has been going on for decades) all across this nation?
should have been "a couple decades".

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

LuciferakaGod wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, there are no control on psychos and criminals... we have total anarchy here in the US... how astute of you dumb $-hits..you figured out our problem...
I am more worried about our educational system pumping out ignorant morons like you two..
You should be worried about the revolving door your leftist liberal policies have created in the criminal justice system pumping out thousands of repeat offenders every day. It is your bullshit "feel good" liberal policies that have hundreds of thousands of extremely dangerous individuals released to plan and execute their mayhem on innocent people......with or without guns. YOU and your ilk have created the problem, take a bow. Now STFU and drag your satan worshiping ass back into whatever slimy hole you crawled out of. Oh, and have a nice day!
Consistant

Orrtanna, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

The .45-caliber pistol that killed Lucas Heagren, 3, on Memorial Day last year at his Ohio home had been temporarily hidden under the couch by his father. But Lucas found it and shot himself through the right eye.“It’s bad,” his mother told the 911 dispatcher.“It’s really bad.”

A few days later in Georgia, Cassie Culpepper, 11, was riding in the back of a pickup with her 12-year-old brother and two other children. Her brother started playing with a pistol his father had lent him to scare coyotes. Believing he had removed all the bullets, he pointed the pistol at his sister and squeezed the trigger. It fired, and blood poured from Cassie’s mouth.

Just a few weeks earlier, in Houston, a group of youths found a Glock pistol in an apartment closet while searching for snack money. A 15-year-old boy was handling the gun when it went off. Alex Whitfield, who had just turned 11, was struck. A relative found the bullet in his ashes from the funeral home.
Bearing Arms

Cases like these are among the most gut-wrenching of gun deaths. Children shot accidentally — usually by other children — are collateral casualties of the accessibility of guns in America, their deaths all the more devastating for being eminently preventable.

They die in the households of police officers and drug dealers, in broken homes and close-knit families, on rural farms and in city apartments. Some adults whose guns were used had tried to store them safely; others were grossly negligent. Still others pulled the trigger themselves, accidentally fracturing their own families while cleaning a pistol or hunting.

And there are far more of these innocent victims than official records show.

A New York Times review of hundreds of child firearm deaths found that accidental shootings occurred roughly twice as often as the records indicate, because of idiosyncrasies in how such deaths are classified by the authorities. The killings of Lucas, Cassie and Alex, for instance, were not recorded as accidents. Nor were more than half of the 259 accidental firearm deaths of children under age 15 identified by The Times in eight states where records were available.

As a result, scores of accidental killings are not reflected in the official statistics that have framed the debate over how to protect children from guns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children...
Consistant

Orrtanna, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

The National Rifle Association cited the lower official numbers this year in a fact sheet opposing “safe storage” laws, saying children were more likely to be killed by falls, poisoning or environmental factors — an incorrect assertion if the actual number of accidental firearm deaths is significantly higher.

In all, fewer than 20 states have enacted laws to hold adults criminally liable if they fail to store guns safely, enabling children to access them.

Legislative and other efforts to promote the development of childproof weapons using “smart gun” technology have similarly stalled. Technical issues have been an obstacle, but so have N.R.A. arguments that the problem is relatively insignificant and the technology unneeded.

Because of maneuvering in Congress by the gun lobby and its allies, firearms have also been exempted from regulation by the Consumer Product Safety Commission since its inception.

Even with a proper count, intentional shooting deaths of children — including gang shootings and murder-suicides by family members — far exceed accidental gun deaths. But accidents, more than the other firearm-related deaths, come with endless hypotheticals about what could have been done differently.

The rifle association’s lobbying arm recently posted on its Web site a claim that adult criminals who mishandle firearms — as opposed to law-abiding gun owners — are responsible for most fatal accidents involving children. But The Times’s review found that a vast majority of cases revolved around children’s access to firearms, with the shooting either self-inflicted or done by another child.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/29/us/children...

Since: Jun 08

Not Waynesboro or Hagerstown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2013

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
Smell ya later, losers.
And we all know what an upstanding citizen you are. o.O

How is the Democratic Government Shutdown going to affect you Dan?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,341 - 7,360 of11,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••