Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7649 Sep 24, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mr. Alexis did not attempt to buy an AR-15 from Sharpshooters Small Arms Range," Attorney J. Michael Slocum told TPM in an email. "He asked about purchasing a handgun (no brand specified) but he was told that he could not purchase a handgun except for delivery to his home state through another Federally-licensed firearm dealer. He then decided to purchase the Remington 870 express shotgun."
Gee...imagine that. You post the same information I posted back to me.

AND...that doesn't say anywhere that he attempted to buy an AR-15...just as I said.

So thank you for proving my point.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#7650 Sep 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone in America knows what the gun show loophole is.
Yep....a made-up term by the anti-gun Left in order to demonize gun shows where no loopholes exist.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7651 Sep 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for giving me the right to have an opinion which is further informed than is your opinion. Mooch, and you can pretend that he didn't actually want to buy that AR-15 even though everyone knows he bought the shotgun because he couldn't get the gun he want4ed because of the wait list.
Like you pretend there's no gun show loophole even though everyone in America knows what the gun show loophole is.
Like you pretend that gun collectors selling guns to complete strangers have an instinct in spotting felons when they put the cash in the pocket.
"Sounds like he wanted an AR-15 to people who can read English."

"Sounds like" an opinion...not factual.

Yawn...your getting boring now.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#7652 Sep 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Get ready for the tap-dancing dodge and deflect.
Unlike him, I'll wait to see what his response is before I comment. I even started with just one of his "dishonest and not realistic" comments rather than throwing them all aout there at once. He has stated that he is seeking ligitimate debate, let's see how true that is.
FormerParatroope r

Charleston, SC

#7653 Sep 24, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting for you to put something on the table when I do, but I've done that several times before and we both know that you a a big m/f c/s lying b*h that likes to run his sticky mouth and never back it up.
You never showed your link, and yet you are calling someone else out. Project much?
FormerParatroope r

Charleston, SC

#7654 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
I am describing people I know, and I don't even spend that much time among them. But whenever I'm at the gun shop or sportsmen's or the range I hear that crap all the time. I have a very hard time believing you don't.
And I never said people who like to shoot and blow shit up are bad people. It's all the other garbage that goes along with it that I'm criticizing.
My circle is small, intentionally so. Occasionally I hear some ignorance, but for the majority of the time, nothing like you describe.

I have met, had discussions with people on both sides of the issue. The hate is mostly from the anti crowd who are generally the first to want harm to someone that disagrees.

Things I do hear from the pro side is mostly about PETA drones and how they will help in wingshooting practice.

In Illinois we have fought a political battle to have concealed carry, a battle still going on as Illinois is the last State to allow some sort of carry for the bin criminal element. We have the law, we are fighting for the implementation of the law in a speedy fashion. Those I have stood with in this have been respectful and polite. The occasional asshead has been run off.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#7655 Sep 24, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sounds like he wanted an AR-15 to people who can read English."
"Sounds like" an opinion...not factual.
LOL....he/she/it has been boring for a LOOOOOONG time.
FormerParatroope r

Charleston, SC

#7656 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
We regulate driving. We regulate auto safety. Hell, we regulate power tools. We regulate anything that causes death. Why not guns?
What is the GCA of 1968? Is that not regulating firearms? It has been amended several times, regulating firearms. We do regulate guns. We have background checks, we have residency restrictions, we have mandated areas where firearms are not allowed. And you claim we do not regulate firearms?
FormerParatroope r

Charleston, SC

#7657 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Surely you're not claiming that racist laws were a serious attempt at gun safety regulation.
That was the stated intent of each of the regulations at the times the laws were passed.

We know the real intent was not safety.
FormerParatroope r

Charleston, SC

#7658 Sep 24, 2013
<quoted text>
When used properly, guns are still designed to kill. Cars are not.
In fact, killing a person or an animal is the intended end result of using a gun properly.
Yet cars are loaded with government mandates safety features and the legal use of a car requires proper instruction and demonstrated competence. Why not guns?
Guns are something our Founders found to be important, something to be safeguarded and in the hands of the citizenry. They created an Constitutional Amendment to address firearms, and they left much evidence for their intent.

Yes, firearms were designed to expel projectile(s) to kill an animal or person. It is the intent of the user and not the object that determines its use.

We have the CMP, Civilian Marksmanship Program, who's intent was to teach firearm safety. The intitial intent of the NRA was to promote firearm safety.

Firearms are required to have serial numbers and safety devices. Just like cars, they can be misused or become unsafe from improper maintenance.

Firearms are relatively simple devices, they don't need anti brake systems, air bags, or other features found in automobiles. They need oil, cleaning, and a safety that does not allow them to fire unless the safety is disengaged. What more would you require?

I agree that firearm safety is necessary, it should be required in schools.
FormerParatroope r

Charleston, SC

#7659 Sep 24, 2013
Q - What do Nidal Hassan and Aaron Alexis have in common?
A - They both lived in Texas where virtually ANYONE can get a gun.
When the gunners get their way and there are virtually no restrictions on selling, buying or owning firearms, people who should never have access to guns get them.
So I'll ask our pro-gun crowd - what's the solution to preventing mentally unstable people from getting guns? How do you weed them out without infringing on the rights of so-called "law abiding citizens?"
Rather than shooting down any and every suggestion from those of us interested in keeping our fellow citizens safe, why don't you say what YOU propose to prevent this kind of thing from happening?
Or is the occasional mass shooting just the price we have to pay for our 2nd Amendment?
The terrorists should have been on a watch list and denied by the Background system. He shouldn't have been in Military Service considering his evaluations. Political correctness allowed the Ft Hood massacre.

The scumbag at the Navy Yard had prior run ons using a firearm and should have been denied purchase on the background list.

The Background Checks failed. A system that if was properly managed would not have allowed either to legally purchase a firearm. It was not Texas, it was a Federal program that is full of errors that allowed the purchases. If we are going to use the system, FIX it. Don't try to expand it, fix it.

Fix the system. Fix the system. Fix the system.

Also, prosecute gang firearm violence swiftly and severely. The gang banger who shot 13 in Chicago was a prior violent firearm offender. He was on probation for a firearm offense and sentenced to boot camp before this shooting. Forget boot camps for violent offenders, put them in prison, hard labor and if they are not deterred, leave them in prison.

How many Americans must die by the hands of repeat violent offenders before we learn?
FormerParatroope r

Charleston, SC

#7660 Sep 24, 2013
And for the record, Aaron Alexis was a law abiding citizen - one of the good guys - at some point in his live since he had been vetted and trained by the US military.
Then he wasn't anymore.
Dangerousness isn't a static condition. It changes as conditions change, and previously law abiding citizens (who must not be inconvenienced in any way) decide to go kill a bunch of people.
How do was address that, gunners? How do we prevent unhinged individuals from owning dangerous weapons BEFORE they are unhinged?
Anyone?
Anyone?
Will anyone from the pro-gun side even ATTEMPT to answer this question?
I won't hold my breath.
You can't unless there is a prior history. Psychological testing will not find the true sociopaths because such personalities are able to hide quite well.

The only way to do so in the way you ask the question is to imprison every individual for fear someone may commit harm. Then the question becomes who guards the inmates if every is imprisoned?
not

Huntsville, AL

#7662 Sep 24, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>

true sociopaths .. such personalities are able to hide quite well.

?
on this forum

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7663 Sep 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, it says "posted in the Guns Forum" at the top of my screen.
Gosh, and it looks like everyone gets to play through, sausage swiller.

We know how it works on gun gnutter sites: no first amendment there, eh?

Wipe your chin, dear.

Location hidden

#7664 Sep 24, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep....a made-up term
All terms are made-up, sausage swiller.

Funny how everyone in America who graduated from the seventh grade knows what it is.

Understand why you have to pretend you don't.

Wipe your chin, dear.
Yes

Huntsville, AL

#7665 Sep 24, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are something our Founders found to be important, something to be safeguarded and in the hands of the citizenry.
because there was only a small standing army, few people in a big frontier, people already on the continent that you were displacing, everybody got their meat that way, strong community life to take care of criminals and crazies, slaves to keep in line, more wild animals, it took a while to reload your musket and the British were coming back.

Now today....

Location hidden

#7666 Sep 24, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns are something our Founders found to be important, something to be safeguarded and in the hands of the citizenry. They created an Constitutional Amendment to address firearms, and they left much evidence for their intent.
What a shame it is they didn't require the education for people like you who cannot understand what it means- what all the words mean- and why they didn't start the Second Amendment with an ellipsis for good reason.

Location hidden

#7667 Sep 24, 2013
Marauder wrote:
"your" keep working on that GED, Mooch?

Location hidden

#7668 Sep 24, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
The terrorists should have been on a watch list and denied by the Background system.
And they can still go to most of the gun shows in America and buy those weapons from people like you who can't be bothered to do those background checks.

Location hidden

#7669 Sep 24, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
Political correctness allowed the Ft Hood massacre.
Had absolutely nothing to do with it, teabagger.

Just another in the long series of massacres the NRA bends over backwards to perpetuate.

Never can tell when you need a handgun with 30 round magazines...

I know: you can't help but regurgitate tea bag rhetoric from your pill popping draft dodging heroes such as Limpballs.

He was your typical gun gnutter and you would have been all too happy to sell him whatever weapons he wanted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GW husband, wife face charges in counterfeit case Jul 17 lch2105 2
News Scene & Heard: VP Mike Pence on Sanibel Jul 1 Anthony wright 2
News Illinois man pleads not guilty to threatening t... Jun 29 HOLLA 1
News Secret Service investigating effigy of Presiden... (Jan '10) Jun '17 Trumpenstein bank... 44
News Secret Service relaxes marijuana policy in bid ... Jun '17 RushFan666 6
News Men wanted for allegedly taking over $30K from ... May '17 Belinda 1
US Secret Service Clothes (Sep '06) May '17 nikonnicky 28
More from around the web