Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#7501 Sep 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
BULLSHIT! He had been identifed for WEEKS as mentally unstable (hearing voices, claimed he was being microwaved so he couldn't sleep, etc.) In other words.....crazy as a loon.
Try again.
What measures would you put in place to make sure someone who's "crazy as a loon" for a matter of days couldn't buy firearms?
Easy

Huntsville, AL

#7502 Sep 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
The good guys are the ones who are NOT shooting innocent people.
to determine after the fact...
And

Huntsville, AL

#7503 Sep 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
BULLSHIT! He had been identifed for WEEKS as mentally unstable (hearing voices, claimed he was being microwaved so he couldn't sleep, etc.) In other words.....crazy as a loon.
Try again.
armed.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#7504 Sep 23, 2013
Say What wrote:
AV and Squach,
These two want and will not rest until it's comletely illegal to own firearms!
NO ONE, including these two dolts will acknowledge that the problem, especially the last 5 shootings is related to ONE problem.
That problem is the being politically correct and ignoring mental health issues !! We might hurt someone's poor feelings!!!!!
Okay, I'll ask you - how does the system identify an individual who has been showing symptoms of mental illness for just a few days - not even enough time for his employer to recognize he shouldn't have a security clearance?

How do you propose keeping the nation safe from the "dangerously mentally ill?"

BTW - If you would stop for a second and take a look at what's actually happening in the real world, you would notice that it's liberals who are doing everything possible to help with mental health issues while the right is slashing funding for mental health.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#7505 Sep 23, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, then how do you identify the bad guys ahead of time? How do you identify those who you agree shouldn't have guns? How would you have identified Aaron Alexis so that he wouldn't have been denied just the AR-15 but also the shotgun?
Certainly not by identifying every single citizen a potential bad guy and infringing on the rights of the entire population but then disarming the American people is your ultimate goal so that fits your agenda just fine. Just keep chipping away until the 2nd amendment (and American freedom) is totally gone, eh?

Do you REALLY think that a lunatic like Alexis would have just given up his grand plan if he was turned down for a legitimate gun sale??????? DUH! He would simply have bought his weapons on the black market like criminals/psychos have been doing ever since gun control started. How will your gun control laws have ANY impact on those who do not abide by the laws we have now and don't have any intention of abiding by any new ones? Tough question, Danny Boy. Got an answer?

Boggy Creek

#7506 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
What measures would you put in place to make sure someone who's "crazy as a loon" for a matter of days couldn't buy firearms?
Certainly not by identifying every single citizen a potential bad guy and infringing on the rights of the entire population but then disarming the American people is your ultimate goal so that fits your agenda just fine. Just keep chipping away until the 2nd amendment (and American freedom) is totally gone, eh?

Don't worry about him buying a gun........worry about slamming his arse in the looney bin and keeping him there until he is no longer a danger to innocent people.

Boggy Creek

#7507 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Okay, I'll ask you - how does the system identify an individual who has been showing symptoms of mental illness for just a few days - not even enough time for his employer to recognize he shouldn't have a security clearance?
BTW - If you would stop for a second and take a look at what's actually happening in the real world, you would notice that it's liberals who are doing everything possible to help with mental health issues while the right is slashing funding for mental health.
Now you're starting to get an accurate picture of the problem. You ask how to identify the insane before they kill anyone........that's EXACTLY what we should be trying to figure out instead of punishing the entire law abiding population with your unconstitutional gun control measures.

BTW, it was the liberals who did away with the asylum system in the first place and their current efforts are molly-coddling band-aids that won't help even if there is funding. We need to have maximum security facilities to keep the dangerously insane from harming themselves or anyone else. Facilities like that aren't politically correct according to the leftist liberals. So the insane are free to roam our streets and kill innocent people. Plain and simple.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7508 Sep 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Certainly not by identifying every single citizen a potential bad guy
Every single person who buys a gun is a potential bad guy.

It takes ten minutes to check and eliminate most.

PS: you do not have a right to buy or sell guns, no matter what the guy who splashed your tonsils told you.

Location hidden

#7509 Sep 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
And if felons were there, they were looking over there shoulder the entire time.
No they were.

No one asks if they were felons.

And they have every right to be there.

Wipe your chin, SpoogeSponge: they were standing right there at your tables while you were pounding your fist on the table railing about background checks and they were laughing at you, Shug.

Most Americans don't think you demanding the right to sell to felons is so funny though, SS.

Location hidden

#7510 Sep 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
The good guys are the ones who are NOT shooting innocent people.
Idiotic post.

The guy who kills his wife and children is a good guy- law-abiding citizen and NRA life member- right until he loses his temper and he kills his kid, shoots his wife, and if we are lucky blows his head off.

Then he's a criminal... that would not have killed anyone except he lived in a gun free zone.

And of course the NRA has never heard of him because the names are secret unless Grandma shoots a burglar in her kitchen.

Location hidden

#7511 Sep 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're starting to get an accurate picture of the problem. You ask how to identify the insane before they kill anyone........that's EXACTLY what we should be trying to figure out instead of punishing the entire law abiding population
What good would identifying mental cases and felons like you when you can go to most of the gun shows in the US- like the one in Virginia where some spooge sponge sets a table demands he has 'the right' to sell to complete strangers- and you can walk through that giant loophole?

Smarter Americans- that would be the ninety percent including most law-abiding gun owners- know how you resolve that is to close the firearms for felons loophole you are trying to keep open.

I guess to be fair: felons back your position.
Say What

York, PA

#7512 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
What I was referring to Danny Boy is the fact that many, including the government prefer to protect the privacy of the mentally challenged versus the safety of the masses, pure and simple and is the case in the last mass shooting!!!
Ray

Huntsville, AL

#7513 Sep 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>

who did away with the asylum system in the first place

gun

Boggy Creek

#7514 Sep 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Every single person who buys a gun is a potential bad guy.
It takes ten minutes to check and eliminate most.
PS: you do not have a right to buy or sell guns, no matter what the guy who splashed your tonsils told you.
Read very carefully so you will understand the words I'm writing. I know that's a lot to ask of a quintessential blithering idiot but give it a shot. I don't sell guns. I have never sold a gun in my life. I don't intend to sell any of my guns. I only buy guns and then keep them. You are not trying to infringe on my right to sell firearms, you are attempting to infringe on my right to buy and own guns. You're attempting to disarm the American people and threatening the peace and safety of every law abiding citizen. You can rationalize, spew propaganda, lie, deflect, and whatever else you like but your purpose and method are obvious and contrary to the Constitution and freedom in general. Stop trying to blame all of society for the acts of a few individuals. Especially when most of those individuals who commit mass shootings and such are only free do so because of your BS liberal policies. We don't nee gun control, we need criminal/psycho control. You leftist liberals will never try to address the real problem because the real problem provides you with an opportunity to further your agenda to disarm the American people. Now crawl back under your slimy rock and contemplate your next ridiculously stupid lie.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7515 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Yet Virginia's gun legislation prevented him from buying the AR-15 he wanted, certainly saving lives. If it had also prevented out-of-state buyers from getting other weapons as well, the whole thing may have been averted.
And if there had been a mandatory waiting period, there may have been enough time for someone to recognize how unstable Alexis was becoming and gotten his security clearance pulled.
Practical, reasonable gun legislation helped minimize life lost at the Navy Yard. More comprehensive legislation might have prevented it entirely.
"Yet Virginia's gun legislation prevented him from buying the AR-15 he wanted, certainly saving lives."

Source where he attempted to purchase an AR-15..?
Jimmy Peanut

Dundalk, MD

#7516 Sep 23, 2013
Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
gun
Nope. That would have been JFK. Try again.....
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7517 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Nobody's saying we can "entirely" prevent gun deaths. But we can sure as hell bring the number down.
Your "solution" to arm everyone is counterproductive and will inevitably result in more gun deaths rather than fewer. Your refusal to consider any regulation on gun sales, manufacture, or ownership is the cause of those deaths, not those of us working to reduce gun violence.
"Your "solution" to arm everyone is counterproductive and will inevitably result in more gun deaths rather than fewer. Your refusal to consider any regulation on gun sales, manufacture, or ownership is the cause of those deaths, not those of us working to reduce gun violence."

Your failure to accept reasonable changes and incentives to the current system that would greatly reduce the access by those "unfit", for lack of a better word...has proven the lack of support to actually reduce gun crime. Those that refused to pass legislation to make those changes did so because it didn't have further restrictions on guns...magazines...or the rights of the people. Your blind obsession with "regulation on gun sales, manufacture, or ownership" is what is preventing everyone from benefiting from an improved system. It's your and others refusal to accept those proposed changes that carry the blood of the innocent on your hands.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7518 Sep 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
He can walk into a Virgina gun show and buy without fear from someone like you who doesn't care to check and who insists you can sell to anyone you please.
That's why 90 percent of Americans want mandatory background checks for all gun sales.
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7519 Sep 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cross threaded response above, DtM.
Mia culpea
ROTFLMAO...oops...frickin' idiot...talking to yourself are you...?...lol
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7520 Sep 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws are written to prevent things from happening "entirely".
They are written to establish boundaries for acceptable behaviors and to punish those that transgress those boundaries.
Speed limits do not prevent people from speeding, Sticky, and gun laws do not prevent people from killing with guns- do see the 32,000 killed last year.
And gun free zones haven't killed anyone.
Myself: I put the blame on the guy who pulled the trigger, and clowns like you who don't have problems selling to fellow mental defects.
"Laws are written to prevent things from happening "entirely".

Lol...yeah...riiiight

Name one that has ever done that...?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Military's Space in Trump Tower Costs $130... Aug 7 L I G E R 4
News GW husband, wife face charges in counterfeit case Jul '17 lch2105 2
News Scene & Heard: VP Mike Pence on Sanibel Jul '17 Anthony wright 2
News Illinois man pleads not guilty to threatening t... Jun '17 HOLLA 1
News Secret Service investigating effigy of Presiden... (Jan '10) Jun '17 Trumpenstein bank... 44
News Secret Service relaxes marijuana policy in bid ... Jun '17 RushFan666 6
News Men wanted for allegedly taking over $30K from ... May '17 Belinda 1
More from around the web