Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7461 Sep 22, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Do notice how I have to keep reminding you what "quote" means."
Only how you keep running away from the quotes of your comments..
Funny how you "exact" quotes don't match mine or each other.

If only you had graduated from seventh grade where they explained the difference between quotes and paraphrases and what happens when you make things up that people didn't actually say.

Location hidden

#7462 Sep 22, 2013
Marauder wrote:
Still haven't seen a quote from the federal law...or a title..
Two tables.

One requires background check.

The other has a sign above it "Private sales: No identification. No waiting period. No record. No questions asked. Cash on the table, and you're gone with the gun."

Where is the felon going to shop?

Your table: you don't have problems selling to felons and wife beaters and terrorists and people with mental issues.

Location hidden

#7463 Sep 22, 2013
Marauder wrote:
Still waiting...que up the Jeapordy music...
que... Jeapordy... Seventh grade... as I said.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7464 Sep 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
que... Jeapordy... Seventh grade... as I said.
What..?..still no law...?

Location hidden

#7465 Sep 22, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
What..?..still no law...?
Loophole: A way of escaping a difficulty, especially an omission or ambiguity in the wording of a law that provides a means of evading compliance, making one vendor comply with one set of rules and another vendor another set of rules for the same items.

Guns, for example.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7466 Sep 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Loophole: A way of escaping a difficulty, especially an omission or ambiguity in the wording of a law that provides a means of evading compliance, making one vendor comply with one set of rules and another vendor another set of rules for the same items.
Guns, for example.
"...omission or ambiguity in the wording of a law..."

None in the law...ALL FFL Dealers are required to submit background checks.

Try again.

Location hidden

#7467 Sep 22, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"...omission or ambiguity in the wording of a law..."
"Contextomy"

you should have made an effort to make it through seventh grade, Mooch.

All this would have been explained to you.

Location hidden

#7468 Sep 22, 2013
Marauder wrote:
ALL FFL Dealers are required to submit background checks.
Two tables.

The other has a sign above it "Private sales: No identification. No waiting period. No record. No questions asked. Cash on the table, and you're gone with the gun."

Your table: you don't have problems selling to felons and wife beaters and terrorists and people with mental issues.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7469 Sep 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Contextomy"
"Mandated by the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act of 1993 and launched by the FBI on November 30, 1998, NICS is used by Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) to instantly determine whether a prospective buyer is eligible to buy firearms or explosives."

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nics

Looks like the FBI has an understanding of the law...why can't you...?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7470 Sep 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two tables.
So go call the FBI from every gun show you can go to...see how far that will get you.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7471 Sep 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Contextomy"
"denial" -
noun
1. an assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false: Despite his denials, we knew he had taken the purse. The politician issued a denial of his opponent's charges.
2. refusal to believe a doctrine, theory, or the like.
3. disbelief in the existence or reality of a thing.
4. the refusal to satisfy a claim, request, desire, etc., or the refusal of a person making it.
5. refusal to recognize or acknowledge; a disowning or disavowal: the traitor's denial of his country; Peter's denial of Christ.

Location hidden

#7472 Sep 22, 2013
Marauder wrote:
Looks like the FBI has an understanding of the law...why can't you...?

Guns, for example.

Location hidden

#7473 Sep 22, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"denial" -

Guns, for example.

Location hidden

#7474 Sep 22, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
"denial" -
Search "gun show loophole"

Google [ Search "gunshow loophole" ]

About 304,000 results (0.25 seconds)

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#7475 Sep 23, 2013
Where Is My America wrote:
<quoted text>The Navy yard shooter passed a background check for military clearance.
He also passed one to buy the shotgun he used.

Southeast Virginia

#7476 Sep 23, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>Who ever applies for the permit is liable for those operating under that permit, that means if you pay a fee to operate a table there then yes you are engaged in business and are under the laws regulating that business. The permit holder is responsible for knowing what business you are engaged in under their permit. If you are selling meth at their venue then yes they can be arrested along with you so they better know if your table is engaged in unlawful activity. Being as you operate a table 4-5 times per year I hope you are not buying guns with the intent on reselling them, that is ILLEGAL. ONLY FFL holders can do that. Just because you have not been arrested for that does not make it legal. Reread the law. If you as a private person buy a gun other than your personal use is illegal. Yes you may sell the gun but during the purchase your INTENT MUST be for personal use.
You need to go read the law, Tray. The table I help man does not sell guns. I man a table for a grassroots 2nd Amendments rights group called The VA Citizens Defense League (VCDL). It is the premier 2nd-A rights group for the state of VA. We sell t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, pins, books, etc. But even if I did sell guns at a gunshow (which I don't), federal law states that unless I make a significant amount of my income from the sale of firearms, I am NOT in the firearms business, I don't have to have a license, nor am I required to do background checks on anyone who would buy a gun from me. And where did the "meth" analogy come from? Since it is illegal for ANYONE to sell it, your point is moot.

Answer me this. Is someone holding a garage sale in the thrift store business???

Southeast Virginia

#7477 Sep 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. Of the 700 tables a the gunshow here in Hampton this weekend, not a single table had any such sign posted. Wonder why??
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7478 Sep 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Guns, for example.
"denial" -
noun
1. an assertion that something said, believed, alleged, etc., is false: Despite his denials, we knew he had taken the purse. The politician issued a denial of his opponent's charges.
4. the refusal to satisfy a claim, request, desire, etc., or the refusal of a person making it.
5. refusal to recognize or acknowledge; a disowning or disavowal: the traitor's denial of his country; Peter's denial of Christ.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7479 Sep 23, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Search "gun show loophole"
Google [ Search "gunshow loophole" ]
About 304,000 results (0.25 seconds)
Already showed you the results of searching "ignorant barefoot"...over 16,000,000...ROTFLMAO

It's on the internet, it must be true.

"denial" -
noun

Location hidden

#7480 Sep 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
But even if I did sell guns at a gunshow (which I don't), federal law states that unless I make a significant amount of my income from the sale of firearms, I am NOT in the firearms business
No, that's not what the law says, but yes, that is the gun show loophole that the gun gnutters are working so hard to preserve: the "right" to sell guns to felons, wife beaters, terrorists, and mental defects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Service apprehends attempted White House... Nov 20 CodeTalker 4
News Prosecutors want Shkreli's bail revoked over Cl... Sep '17 Minnesota Mike 3
News U.S. Military's Space in Trump Tower Costs $130... Aug '17 L I G E R 4
News GW husband, wife face charges in counterfeit case Jul '17 lch2105 2
News Scene & Heard: VP Mike Pence on Sanibel Jul '17 Anthony wright 2
News Illinois man pleads not guilty to threatening t... Jun '17 HOLLA 1
News Secret Service investigating effigy of Presiden... (Jan '10) Jun '17 Trumpenstein bank... 44
More from around the web