Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10983 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Tray

Nettleton, MS

#7355 Sep 20, 2013
http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f...

Please refer to 11 a.
Question 11.a. Actual Transferee/Buyer:
For purposes of this form, you are
the actual transferee/buyer if you are purchasing the firearm for yourself or
otherwise acquiring the firearm for yourself

WARNING: You may not receive a firearm if prohibited by Federal or State law. The information you provide will
be used to determine whether you are prohibited under law from receiving a firearm. Certain violations of the Gun
Control Act, 18 U.S.C.
§§
et. seq.
, are punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment and/or up to a $250,000 fine.
Prepare in original only. All entries must be handwritten in ink. Read the Notices, Instructions, and Definitions on
this form.“PLEASE PRINT.”
Section A - Must Be Completed Personally By Transferee (Buyer)
2. Current Residence Address
(U.S. Postal abbreviations are acceptable. Cannot be a post office box.)
Month Day
Year
11. Answer questions 11.a.
(see exceptions)
through 11.l. and 12
(if applicable)
by checking or marking
“yes” or “no”
in the boxes to the right of the questions.
1. Transferee’s Full Name
a. Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form?
Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are
acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(
s)
to you.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7356 Sep 20, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>If I set up a table in a gun show to sell guns then I am running a gun business.
You are a stupid moron.

Gun shows rent out tables to anyone who has the cash.

The sign above your table sales "private sales".

I don't care if you make a nickle of profit and neither do the feds.

I don't care that you make most of your money at the rest stop pleasing lonely truckers.

If they rented out to only dealers, then all sales would by law require background checks.

They don't. They rent out to slugs like yourself.

Location hidden

#7357 Sep 20, 2013
Tray wrote:
http://www.atf.gov/files/forms /download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf
Please refer to 11 a.
Private sales do not require filling out any forms.

So you haven't been to a gun show, eh?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7358 Sep 20, 2013
Tray wrote:
http://www.atf.gov/files/forms /download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf
Please refer to 11 a.
Question 11.a. Actual Transferee/Buyer:
For purposes of this form, you are
the actual transferee/buyer if you are purchasing the firearm for yourself or
otherwise acquiring the firearm for yourself
WARNING: You may not receive a firearm if prohibited by Federal or State law. The information you provide will
be used to determine whether you are prohibited under law from receiving a firearm. Certain violations of the Gun
Control Act, 18 U.S.C.
§§
et. seq.
, are punishable by up to 10 years imprisonment and/or up to a $250,000 fine.
Prepare in original only. All entries must be handwritten in ink. Read the Notices, Instructions, and Definitions on
this form.“PLEASE PRINT.”
Section A - Must Be Completed Personally By Transferee (Buyer)
2. Current Residence Address
(U.S. Postal abbreviations are acceptable. Cannot be a post office box.)
Month Day
Year
11. Answer questions 11.a.
(see exceptions)
through 11.l. and 12
(if applicable)
by checking or marking
“yes” or “no”
in the boxes to the right of the questions.
1. Transferee’s Full Name
a. Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form?
Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are
acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(
s)
to you.
And that pathetic, sick bytch, barefool, want's to let these convicted felons that just committed another felony to walk the streets to steal, rob and murder the innocent...isn't that just lovely..?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#7359 Sep 20, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>If I set up a table in a gun show to sell guns then I am running a gun business. If I have no FFL then I am breaking the law. NO LOOPHOLE. Some people may do just that but it does not have a legal loophole it is already illegal. NO LOOPHOLE. If the cops don't feel like checking to see if I have a FFL then so be it but it is still illegal.
Not true Tray...but it does depend on your local laws. A private person can rent a table to sell his guns and does not require an FFL. He can make sales to the public without having to do a background check. There is no requirement for a private person to get a background check to sell a firearm. NO LOOPHOLE...the requirement is for FFL dealers only.
Tray

Nettleton, MS

#7360 Sep 20, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true Tray...but it does depend on your local laws. A private person can rent a table to sell his guns and does not require an FFL. He can make sales to the public without having to do a background check. There is no requirement for a private person to get a background check to sell a firearm. NO LOOPHOLE...the requirement is for FFL dealers only.
But as a private person I can ONLY buy for myself not for public resale. That is illegal. Also ALL gun shows must have a business permit and renting a table at a business to sell to the public meets the term "business" and you would be operating under the business permit of the gun show operator and must abide by the laws connected with that permit. Not being arrested for buying and selling guns without a FFL and it being legal in that venue are not the same.
Tray

Nettleton, MS

#7361 Sep 20, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Private sales do not require filling out any forms.
So you haven't been to a gun show, eh?
Gun shows require business permits, operating a table at one is under that business license. Putting up a sign saying private sales does not alter the fact it is a business venue under a business permit and ALL who operate under the permit holder are bound by the laws pertaining to a business.
Consistant

Landisburg, PA

#7363 Sep 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like to see more of this, let them kill each other instead of kids carrying bags of candy or their wives squeezing their hips around the next door neighbors.
If they kill each other off quickly it would make for a rather large intellectual leap in the evolution of mankind.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#7364 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
any rights are subject to interpretation by the courts and government.......just like Freedom of Speech does not give you the right to yell FIRE in a crowded theater or to incite racial hatred ....
I have a right not to be shot by some raving lunatic demanding his 2nd amendment rights...those supersede your rights to carry an AK47 into a starbucks...
It is already illegal to sell guns to raving lunatics and it is already illegal for raving lunatics to own guns. What's your problem? Maybe we should be working on enforcing the laws we already have instead of enacting new ones that won't be enforced (on the right people) either. The best way to ensure that innocent people won't be shot by a raving lunatic is remove raving lunatics from the population. Go to the root of the problem, you'll get much better results. You see, a killer without a gun is still a killer and he will kill while on the other hand a gun without a killer is just a hunk of metal and it will do nothing.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#7365 Sep 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Two tables, full of guns, one gun show. One table requires a background check to make sure that they are selling a deadly firearm to a complete mental case.
The other requires cash.
Loophole.
You're still an ignorant, lying, POS, sausage sucking, extremist, "frustrated control freak" welfare parasite demanding special rights.
Is the FFL dealer required BY LAW to have the customer submit to a background check? Yes.

Is the private seller required BY LAW to have the customer submit to a background check? No.

Is there a way for the FFL dealer to sell a gun without doing the background check and NOT break the law? No.

No loophole.

Boggy Creek

#7366 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
any rights are subject to interpretation by the courts and government.......just like Freedom of Speech does not give you the right to yell FIRE in a crowded theater or to incite racial hatred ....
I have a right not to be shot by some raving lunatic demanding his 2nd amendment rights...those supersede your rights to carry an AK47 into a starbucks...
BTW, I don't own an AK 47, I hate foreign products. I don't drink Starbucks coffee either, yuppy coffee sucks. However where I come from I and many others sit in the Dunkin' Donuts with our pistols on our persons and enjoy a cup of coffee and morning conversation. Guess what, there has never been a shooting of any kind around that Dunkin' Donuts nor has there ever been an armed robbery (the owner carries). Raving lunatics, armed or not, will not be welcome or tolerated. Hell there has never even been a fight around that Dunkin' Donuts. There have been a couple of heated debates about sports and politics but they always end with another cup of coffee and a different topic of conversation. Where I come from they call that Constitutional Carry. Some places in this country are still 100% American and free.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither safety nor liberty."

- Benjamin Franklin

Truer words were never spoken.

Southeast Virginia

#7367 Sep 21, 2013
ILUVSATAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a little off there, skippy.

You CAN yell fire in a movie theater if there is a fire. What you are not allowed to do is incite a panic and abuse your rights to the danger of others.

And you CAN incite racial hatred in this country. The KKK, Nation of Islam, etc. is still alive and well. Revs. Jesse and Al are constantly stirring the racial hatred pot.

And you have a right to provide for your own safety, but you DO NOT have a right to tell me how I can or can't provide for my own. And when did someone carry an AK47 into a Starbucks, or demand a right to do such??? Gotta link?

Southeast Virginia

#7368 Sep 21, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>Gun shows require business permits, operating a table at one is under that business license. Putting up a sign saying private sales does not alter the fact it is a business venue under a business permit and ALL who operate under the permit holder are bound by the laws pertaining to a business.
Gunshows are like flea markets. The company organizing the gunshow is required to have a business license or permit and is responsible for the liability insurance for the venue. Those renting a table from the organizer do NOT have to have a license to set up to sell their items, whether it is guns, t-shirts, knives, food stuffs, memorabilia, etc. And buy federal law, you are only in the gun "business" if you derive a significant portion of your income from the sale of firearms. Simply selling guns from your own collection is NOT a business. I work at 4-5 gunshows a year here locally. In fact, I am manning a table for VCDL ( www.vcdl.org ) this afternoon.

Boggy Creek

#7369 Sep 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues."
Justice Scalia <-- expert on the US Constitution, including the 2nd Amendment
"mpfhpmff mpfhmp hmmmmerr mffpff mpffh mpfhpmff mpffhst mpfhmp hmmmmerr mffpff mpffh ummm"
Squishy <--- expert in bring truckers quickly to happy ending.
Like I said, you are the quintessential blithering idiot and you continue to prove it every time you post. Truth be told, you're one of the raving lunatics who need to be removed from society before syphilis gets to what's left of your brain and you climb the clock tower with a rifle. You require the American people to sacrifice their freedoms just to give you a false sense of safety. How stupid is that? Doesn't Danny Boy have any other voices in his head? Your rhetoric is getting old and boring.

Southeast Virginia

#7370 Sep 21, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>If I set up a table in a gun show to sell guns then I am running a gun business. If I have no FFL then I am breaking the law. NO LOOPHOLE. Some people may do just that but it does not have a legal loophole it is already illegal. NO LOOPHOLE. If the cops don't feel like checking to see if I have a FFL then so be it but it is still illegal.
Again, by federal law, you only considered a gun DEALER is you make a significant amount of your income from the sale of firearms. You then required to obtain an FFL license. A private COLLECTOR simply setting up a table to sell his privately owned guns is NOT a business owner and NOT required to perform background checks.

Now keep in mind that this is federal law. Some state and local laws my vary. A handful of states require that ALL gun sales at gunshows be put through a background check. Here in VA, they do not.

Location hidden

#7371 Sep 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the FFL dealer required BY LAW
Two tables full off guns.
Same venue.

One requires background checks.

One sells to d/skers like you without background checks. Anyone who has the cash.

Loopholes.

That's why the laws to close the loopholes are called laws to close the guns show loops holes.

Wipe your chin, boy.

Location hidden

#7372 Sep 21, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Like I said, you are the quintessential blithering idiot
Like I said, this is the only place you can say it, you spooge coated, sausage swilling momma's boy.

Ah, long haul from Juarez.

Look's like your up, shug.

Location hidden

#7373 Sep 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunshows are like flea markets.
Yes, they attract fleas, many which are felony fleas, and they are full of tables that are full of guns and they have people like you who are all too happy to see to anyone who steps up to the table with cash.

Location hidden

#7374 Sep 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<Those renting a table from the organizer do NOT have to have a license to set up to sell their items, whether it is guns, t-shirts, knives, food stuffs, memorabilia, etc.
You can't go into a elementary school and kill children with a T-Shirt.

But you can go to a gun show and buy an assault weapon like an AR-15 from some scumbag like you with a wad of cash and not have to be checked to see you have been locked up for your mental illness even though the counter to do the background checks is 50 feet away.

It's called the gun show loophole. It's what attracts the people who could not go to the firearms dealers.

And the people who run the gun shows are just as guilty of putting the firearms into the hands of these mental defects and the felons and the wife beaters as the scumbag like you who are happy to sell them.

Location hidden

#7375 Sep 21, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
I am manning a table for VCDL this afternoon.
How many dozens of felons will walk out of the gun show today with your blessing, Sticky?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GW husband, wife face charges in counterfeit case Jul 17 lch2105 2
News Scene & Heard: VP Mike Pence on Sanibel Jul 1 Anthony wright 2
News Illinois man pleads not guilty to threatening t... Jun 29 HOLLA 1
News Secret Service investigating effigy of Presiden... (Jan '10) Jun 21 Trumpenstein bank... 44
News Secret Service relaxes marijuana policy in bid ... Jun '17 RushFan666 6
News Men wanted for allegedly taking over $30K from ... May '17 Belinda 1
US Secret Service Clothes (Sep '06) May '17 nikonnicky 28
More from around the web