Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 11002 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6953 Sep 16, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Soory pal, but he had already been deemed mentally deficient prior
Nope.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#6954 Sep 16, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still stuck in the 5th grade or something? Do you honestly think your ad hominem gradeschool insults
WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!~stomp stomp stomp~ MOMMY! I can dish it out but can't take it!
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#6955 Sep 16, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal attacks are the refuge of a loser who knows he's lost the argument on the facts.
I accept your white flag, loser.
LMAO!
You would know you launch your fair share of personal attacks. Kettle meet pot

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#6956 Sep 16, 2013
At least 7 dead in Navy Yard shooting. Two possible suspects at large

At least seven people are dead after as many as three shooters dressed in military style uniforms opened fire in a rampage at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday, police said, spreading fear and chaos across the region as authorities tried to contain the incident.
Rick Mason, a program management analyst who is a civilian with the U.S. Navy, told the Associated Press that a gunman was shooting from a fourth floor overlook in the hallway outside his office. He said the gunman was aiming at people in the building’s first floor cafeteria.
David Stevens, a Navy contractor, was on the phone talking in building 197 when he heard an initial volley of shots fired. He heard people shouting that a shooter was on the building’s fourth floor.

He said he ran to the edge of a glass atrium that overlooks all the floors and glanced up, only to hear a “second deluge” of shots.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/police-se...

----------

Can a gunner who claims that the "tool" doesn't matter explain how 7 people on the ground could be killed and 10 more wounded by someone on the fourth floor with a knife or tire iron or ink pen?

Denying the heightened lethality of firearms over "kitchen knives, tire irons, baseball bats, metal pipes, pocket knives, screwdrivers, tire irons, ink pens, pencils" reveals both a fundamental lack of seriousness on this issue and an enhanced capacity for dishonesty.

Chambersburg, PA

#6957 Sep 16, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
You would know you launch your fair share of personal attacks. Kettle meet pot
Less than my fair share, actually.

Anything to add to the debate or did you just drop in to make personal insults?
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

#6958 Sep 16, 2013
<quoted text>
This is the kind of nonsense you post when you can't comprehend what you read and when you can't think or reason logically.
Let me try to clear it up for you...
I am not denying that I said I own guns.
I am saying that if you think that's odd, it just shows that most of what you believe about me comes from your imagination rather than anything I've said or actually believe.
Why would you think it's odd that I own guns? What do you imagine I believe that would rule that out? Just because I think we can do more as a nation to address gun safety?
There was nothing nonsensical in my post at all. Nothing I stated was imagined as you claim. I find it odd that you fall in line with the extreme-leftist ideas about restricting gun ownership while at the same time KNOWING that those measures have done absolutely nothing to reduce crime. I also find it odd that you or your party doesn’t even address the criminal element that uses guns to commit crimes. It makes your position appear dishonest in part because there are mostly conservatives on the side of the 2nd Amendment and not Liberals. You who want to restrict legal gun ownership despite what the 2nd Amendment says while at the same time own guns that your party wants to ban. You would rather paint lawful gun owners as crazies or use names such as “Gunners” in a derogative way. While at the same owning GUNS yourself to defend your own family. It’s hypocritical and it only proves that your intentions are not honest and that your party comes before all else including the 2nd Amendment.
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

#6959 Sep 16, 2013
LOL...I'd bet some statist will want to regulate hammers next since they kill more people then rifles. I think I can call that racist since my hammers are black?
Nerd Rage

Chambersburg, PA

#6960 Sep 16, 2013
At least seven people are dead after as many as three shooters dressed in military style uniforms opened fire in a rampage at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday, police said, spreading fear and chaos across the region as authorities tried to contain the incident.
Rick Mason, a program management analyst who is a civilian with the U.S. Navy, told the Associated Press that a gunman was shooting from a fourth floor overlook in the hallway outside his office. He said the gunman was aiming at people in the building’s first floor cafeteria.
David Stevens, a Navy contractor, was on the phone talking in building 197 when he heard an initial volley of shots fired. He heard people shouting that a shooter was on the building’s fourth floor.
He said he ran to the edge of a glass atrium that overlooks all the floors and glanced up, only to hear a “second deluge” of shots.
----------
Can a gunner who claims that the "tool" doesn't matter explain how 7 people on the ground could be killed and 10 more wounded by someone on the fourth floor with a knife or tire iron or ink pen?
Denying the heightened lethality of firearms over "kitchen knives, tire irons, baseball bats, metal pipes, pocket knives, screwdrivers, tire irons, ink pens, pencils" reveals both a fundamental lack of seriousness on this issue and an enhanced capacity for dishonesty.
I sure hope they catch that firearm that did the shooting. I think it's amazing how these inanimate ate objects just go off by themselves. Maybe someone has a picture of the AR-15 style rifle to share with the police.

Chambersburg, PA

#6961 Sep 16, 2013
Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
There was nothing nonsensical in my post at all. Nothing I stated was imagined as you claim. I find it odd that you fall in line with the extreme-leftist ideas about restricting gun ownership while at the same time KNOWING that those measures have done absolutely nothing to reduce crime. I also find it odd that you or your party doesn’t even address the criminal element that uses guns to commit crimes. It makes your position appear dishonest in part because there are mostly conservatives on the side of the 2nd Amendment and not Liberals. You who want to restrict legal gun ownership despite what the 2nd Amendment says while at the same time own guns that your party wants to ban. You would rather paint lawful gun owners as crazies or use names such as “Gunners” in a derogative way. While at the same owning GUNS yourself to defend your own family. It’s hypocritical and it only proves that your intentions are not honest and that your party comes before all else including the 2nd Amendment.
Geez, so much nonsense I hardly know where to start.

From the beginning...

I don't fall in line with extreme-leftist ideas.
Gun safety laws have reduced crime.
The Democratic party has passed much anti-crime legislation addressing individuals who commit crimes.
Liberals do support the 2nd Amendment (just not your absolutist version of it).
I do not want to restrict legal gun ownership.
My party isn't looking to ban guns, certainly not any of the guns I own.
I don't paint lawful gun owners as crazies. I use the term "gunners" to describe the extremists.
I don't buy guns for self-defense. They are for sporting purposes.
I am always honest, and I have never put my party over anything else, particularly the Constitution.

There. Not a single sentence in your little rant is true.

Why?

Because it's all from your fertile imagination rather than from anything I've actually said or believe. It's just a pile of strawman arguments you've constructed to avoid dealing with what I actually say.

Chambersburg, PA

#6962 Sep 16, 2013
Nerd Rage wrote:
LOL...I'd bet some statist will want to regulate hammers next since they kill more people then rifles. I think I can call that racist since my hammers are black?
This is stunningly stupid, even for you.

Chambersburg, PA

#6963 Sep 16, 2013
Nerd Rage wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope they catch that firearm that did the shooting. I think it's amazing how these inanimate ate objects just go off by themselves. Maybe someone has a picture of the AR-15 style rifle to share with the police.
Could he have done it with a hammer? With a screwdriver? With a tire iron or ink pen or metal pipe?

Of course not. Why do you insist on distorting the argument. Why do you deny the obvious?

And if my case is so weak, why do you have to lie about it?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6964 Sep 16, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, Danny Boy!
The explanation is that there are approximately 32,000 individuals every year in this country who need to be held accountable for their actions and punished accordingly. For every one of those 32,000 deaths there is an individual responsible for that death. There is where your efforts should be directed. Regulate the killers, not the tools they may choose. A killer without a gun is still a killer, a gun without a killer is just a piece of metal. It's not the gun or the knife, or the baseball bat, or the bomb that kills..........it's the people who misuse them for illegal/evil purposes that kill. The pathological mind will find a means to its end. As long as you liberals continue to molly-coddle criminals/psychos and let them free they will continue to kill innocent people by whatever means they find convenient, guns or no guns. Does that explain it clearly enough for ya, Danny Boy?
And 19,000+ of those dead are responsible for THEIR OWN deaths (suicides). This makes his "32,000" number bullshit at best.

Southeast Virginia

#6965 Sep 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Personal attacks are the refuge of a loser who knows he's lost the argument on the facts.
I accept your white flag, loser.
LMAO!
pot.....kettle

Southeast Virginia

#6966 Sep 16, 2013
<quoted text>
You and your little strawman arguments make me laugh.
After McVeigh bombed OK City, we regulated bomb-making materials. That doesn't mean McVeigh didn't get blamed - just that we took a comprehensive look at the problem and regulated bomb-making materials too.
LMAO!!! Really?

I can go down to my local Lowe's store and buy all the chemical fertizer I want. I can also go to the corner gas station and buy all the diesel and gas I want. Hell, i can even make a pretty good explosive device with the chemicals under my kitchen sink.

ALL UNREGULATED.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#6967 Sep 16, 2013
----------
DUH!!! As many or more could be killed or injured with a bottle of gasoline and an oily rag.....from the fourth floor. As many or more could be killed or injure with an IED.......from outside the building. As many or more could be killed or injured with a vehicle driven into the cafeteria......from behind the wheel. As many or more could be killed or injured with a chemical/biological agent.......from just about anywhere. The means to kill or injure innocent people are not restricted to firearms. The pathological mind will find a means to its end, guns or no guns. Plain and simple.

It will be interesting to find out who the shooters are and where they obtained their weapons. Too bad there wasn't a good guy with a gun handy to return fire and save some lives.

Another thought.......if these criminals/terrorists managed to infiltrate a government facility with weapons and ammunition on their persons.......do you really think a "gun control" law would have had any impact at all on them or prevented this?

Try again Danny Boy....
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#6968 Sep 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Less than my fair share, actually.
Anything to add to the debate or did you just drop in to make personal insults?
Much like you claim ... just making an observation.

Attempting debate with you has proven to be a fruitless endeavor since you believe your opinions to be fact.

Southeast Virginia

#6969 Sep 16, 2013
{snipped for brevity}Denying the heightened lethality of firearms over "kitchen knives, tire irons, baseball bats, metal pipes, pocket knives, screwdrivers, tire irons, ink pens, pencils" reveals both a fundamental lack of seriousness on this issue and an enhanced capacity for dishonesty.
Moving the goal posts now are we? You made the claim "everything that causes death (even accidentally) is regulated", which is a bullshit comment because they are not. What you are referring to isn't lethality. Death from a baseball bat is just as dead as death from a bullet. Some would say that the baseball bat death is even more gruesome than that from a gunshot because it requires much more effort (more heinous) on the killer's part. What you are talking about is EFFICIENCY.

Chambersburg, PA

#6970 Sep 16, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!! Really?
I can go down to my local Lowe's store and buy all the chemical fertizer I want. I can also go to the corner gas station and buy all the diesel and gas I want. Hell, i can even make a pretty good explosive device with the chemicals under my kitchen sink.
ALL UNREGULATED.
LMAO!

Oooops...

The U.S. Finally Starts Regulating Sales Of Ammonium Nitrate

Used in 1995 by Timothy McVeigh to attack the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City and in the July Bomb attack on a government building in Norway -- ammonium nitrate will now fall under federal regulation.

Janet Napolitano yesterday announced how the new Ammonium Nitrate Security Program will affect buyers and sellers of the volatile compound.

Primarily used in fertilizer, when mixed with other substances the chemical becomes highly explosive, the new legislation will require anyone buying more than 25 pounds to register, be screened against a known terrorist list, and require any thefts to be reported within 24 hours.

This new legislation expands upon a chemical anti-terrorism bill already in effect, but it's the first law to target ammonium nitrate sales specifically.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/oklahoma-city-...

Chambersburg, PA

#6971 Sep 16, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Much like you claim ... just making an observation.
Attempting debate with you has proven to be a fruitless endeavor since you believe your opinions to be fact.
No, you gave up because I debunked all your arguments.

Southeast Virginia

#6972 Sep 16, 2013
Which is more dead, Dan? Someone beat to death with a baseball bat, someone stabbed to death with a screwdriver, or someone shot with a gun? Your not talking about "lethality", you talking about EFFICIENCY.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Secret Service: Man planned to kidnap first dog Apr 22 Jaimie 6
News Egyptian student faces deportation over Trump t... Mar '16 Lawrence Wolf 17
How secret service protect president,or preside... Feb '16 1996bram 1
News Why the Secret Service is such a mess Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 2
News Man detained after jumping over White House fen... Nov '15 WeTheSheeple 81
News Ben Carson to visit Syrian refugees in Jordan: ... Nov '15 Lawrence Wolf 13
News Sexting arrest latest embarrassment for Secret ... Nov '15 Bama Yankee 9
More from around the web