Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments (Page 306)

Showing posts 6,101 - 6,120 of11,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

AnswersRus wrote:
No one is kidding here Mr. Chambersburg.
You would be well advised to remember that.
Punching for Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
At least you are honest about your character. Now this discussion can move on to strategies on how best to deal with society's predators like yourself. 00 buck or .30-06?
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Why limit yourself to just two?
Veiled and overt threats of gun violence coming from the gunner crowd. What a surprise.

Q - What's the difference between a criminal and a law abiding gun owner?

A - How frustrated they happen to be at the moment.

I've lost track of how many gunners have lost their cool and made threats like these just because they're losing stupid arguments on the internet. And I've lost track of how many formerly law abiding citizens have lost their cool and actually shot somebody in real life.

This is why the whole "gun laws can't infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens" argument is complete bullshit - because the two categories of people aren't criminals and law abiders. No, the two categories of people are armed and unarmed.

And all it takes for somebody to be dead is for an armed "law abider" to lose his shit for enough time to exert 5 pounds of pressure with his index finger.

Answers and AV and Puncher are proving that their minds quickly go to gun violence whenever their will is frustrated. And it is a very short step from there to actual violence.

Thanks for proving my point, fellas. Thanks for showing us all what your really are and why comprehensive gun safety regulation is so vital to a safe and responsible society.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Threats of violence does nothing positive.
We are all entitled opinions, and even tho I don't agree with his, I support his right to them.
You've always kept a reasonable and respectful tone here, AV, and I appreciate that.

But in my experience, you're the exception, not the rule in the pro-gun crowd. Most come with a veneer of righteous motives, but when push comes to shove they are just moral cowards who need guns to feel strong and important.

And you know that's true. You run in that crowd. You see how quickly they demonize and dehumanize anyone who disagrees with them. You hear the violent and vulgar jokes. You hear the talk of simply shooting people they don't like. You hear the violent and racist threats on the President and his wife that they routinely make. You hear how they justify their violent fantasies.

All the high-minded rhetoric of Constitutional freedoms, unalienable rights, Founding Fathers, defense of innocents, and God-given liberties is often - even most of the time - purely pretentious cover for a visceral love of shooting things and a juvenile need to feel big and strong.

For every responsible person with legitimate reasons to carry a gun, there are at least a dozen good ole boys who just like shootin' shit up and pushing people around.

I grew up in Franklin County Pennsyltuckey. I have always lived among these people. I know what I'm talking about.

But I'm glad you have the integrity to directly confront these jokers rather than just playing along. That's more than most of the pro-gun crowd will do (like the cowardly Squash just proved). And I hope you do it in real life too.
Punching for Justice

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Veiled and overt threats of gun violence coming from the gunner crowd. What a surprise.
I've lost track of how many gunners have lost their cool and made threats like these just because they're losing stupid arguments on the internet. And I've lost track of how many formerly law abiding citizens have lost their cool and actually shot somebody in real life.
This is why the whole "gun laws can't infringe on the rights of law abiding citizens" argument is complete bullshit - because the two categories of people aren't criminals and law abiders. No, the two categories of people are armed and unarmed.
And all it takes for somebody to be dead is for an armed "law abider" to lose his shit for enough time to exert 5 pounds of pressure with his index finger.
Answers and AV and Puncher are proving that their minds quickly go to gun violence whenever their will is frustrated. And it is a very short step from there to actual violence.
Thanks for proving my point, fellas. Thanks for showing us all what your really are and why comprehensive gun safety regulation is so vital to a safe and responsible society.
Guys, he is afraid because decent people will try him for his crimes against humanity. He is a paedophile plain and simple. He knows his time is short and gives these long winded answers in hoping that you will spare his life. It is time to take out the paedophile trash known as Dan.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I didn't threaten anyone. More assumption on YOUR part.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>...
You are incorrect Mr. Chambersburg.
You think my will frustrated in error. You are simply being informed again, that there is a constitutional line which keeps the gun violence at bay. When you flirt with that line and show an intention to cross it and enforce your own will on other free people, it gets pointed out and reenforced, so that you know where you shall not tread. It is a defensive position Mr. Chambersburg. It takes the actions of an aggressor, such as yourself, to cross that line of unalienable right to initiate the "gun violence". In that event, God forbid, you would be the initiator and aggressor which would ignite the violence.

You poke and prod at the sleeping giant, laugh at him, accuse him of aggression and violence when he is merely sleeping, and immaturely think the giant will not awaken.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
And your whole argument that law-abiding gun owners are just criminals who haven't pulled the trigger yet (paraphrasing) is complete bovine excrement. Firearms are merely TOOLS. One does not need a firearm in order to commit a crime let alone kill someone. All you have managed to do is project YOUR OWN inadaquacies and fears onto others because of the fear of what YOU may do.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Buck Fiden wrote:
<quoted text>He's 4. Cut him some slack.
Never.
Say What

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Dan the man uses his statistics that ALL or the absolute VAST majority of "pro-gunners" are un-stable and that all of them will sooner or later "lose it"!

Wednesday night I was at the local WalMart and there was a young man proudly and clearly carrying a firearm openly AND SECURELY.

I watched as he stood in line at the register. I witnessed that many people did not even notice it. Of the ones that did, most simply did not react and kept going on with their shopping. Only ONE person reacted and that was to lean over and say something to their partner and then went on shopping also.

I will also say that WalMart was very crowded!!!

I know, I know. It ain't a scientific study and yes, I shore aint as smart as that thar Dan fellar!!!
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You've always kept a reasonable and respectful tone here, AV, and I appreciate that.
Interesting.
You addressed and replied to Former Paratrooper, not Armed Veteran.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one will top your record, Basara, that is why they are called Basara Jobs.
Tell your aliases I said hello, Sticky.
Still rolling in the goo are you, Sock Puppet. You could probably use more aliases yourself but you probably don't want to share all that sperm. Winter's coming (and that's not all that's coming), so will you be filling your cheeks with nuts to get you through?
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

<quoted text>
Guys, he is afraid because decent people will try him for his crimes against humanity. He is a paedophile plain and simple. He knows his time is short and gives these long winded answers in hoping that you will spare his life. It is time to take out the paedophile trash known as Dan.
Oh poppycock.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
But in my experience, you're the exception, not the rule in the pro-gun crowd. Most come with a veneer of righteous motives, but when push comes to shove they are just moral cowards who need guns to feel strong and important.
And you know that's true. You run in that crowd. You see how quickly they demonize and dehumanize anyone who disagrees with them. You hear the violent and vulgar jokes. You hear the talk of simply shooting people they don't like. You hear the violent and racist threats on the President and his wife that they routinely make. You hear how they justify their violent fantasies.
All the high-minded rhetoric of Constitutional freedoms, unalienable rights, Founding Fathers, defense of innocents, and God-given liberties is often - even most of the time - purely pretentious cover for a visceral love of shooting things and a juvenile need to feel big and strong.
For every responsible person with legitimate reasons to carry a gun, there are at least a dozen good ole boys who just like shootin' shit up and pushing people around.
I grew up in Franklin County Pennsyltuckey. I have always lived among these people. I know what I'm talking about.
But I'm glad you have the integrity to directly confront these jokers rather than just playing along. That's more than most of the pro-gun crowd will do (like the cowardly Squash just proved). And I hope you do it in real life too.
"Former Paratrooper" and myself are not the same person.

But I am glad you have the cajones enough to admit your own bigotry against lawful gun owners, based on nothing but your own perception of a small group of gun owners. Good for you.

None here has said anything about shooting someone simply because they don't like them. It is usually after the person has made some kind of backhanded threat on the gunowner' personal rights. Same thing for the president. They are not based on race. They are based on violation of person freedoms and liberties, and overstepping his powers instilled upon him by "we the people".

The demonization I have seen has ALWAYS come from the anti-gun crowd who commonly call anyone willing to stand up for their 2nd Amendment rights as a "gun loon", or as you have called them in not so many words "potential mass-murders". Here's a little hint for you.......ANYONE is a potential mass murderer. And that is who I am protecting me and my family from (as well as your run-of-mill criminals).

And I am real curious as to where you came up with your 1:12 ratio.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I didn't threaten anyone. More assumption on YOUR part.
Riiiight.
<quoted text>
At least you are honest about your character. Now this discussion can move on to strategies on how best to deal with society's predators like yourself. 00 buck or .30-06?
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Why limit yourself to just two?
Why limit yourself to two types of ammo for what?

Come on AV - you're not kidding anyone but yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect Mr. Chambersburg.
You think my will frustrated in error. You are simply being informed again, that there is a constitutional line which keeps the gun violence at bay. When you flirt with that line and show an intention to cross it and enforce your own will on other free people, it gets pointed out and reenforced, so that you know where you shall not tread. It is a defensive position Mr. Chambersburg. It takes the actions of an aggressor, such as yourself, to cross that line of unalienable right to initiate the "gun violence". In that event, God forbid, you would be the initiator and aggressor which would ignite the violence.
You poke and prod at the sleeping giant, laugh at him, accuse him of aggression and violence when he is merely sleeping, and immaturely think the giant will not awaken.
Again, there's no difference between the people crossing the line and the people who think they're enforcing the line.

Countless gunners just like you have made threats about "2nd Amendment remedies" or "watering the tree of liberty" and so on in the past couple of years. To most of America these are people who are crossing the line and who the rest of us need protection from. To you, they are patriots resisting tyranny.

The distinction is all in your mind. Just like everyone, you will believe you're on the justice side of the line.

The bottom line is that some people are armed and some are not, and the armed people can do a whole lot of damage very quickly once they've decided they're justified.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

<quoted text>
Riiiight.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Why limit yourself to two types of ammo for what?
Come on AV - you're not kidding anyone but yourself.
1. It was a joke.
2. Limiting oneself to just two different calibers is boring.
3. The only one kidding themself here is you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And your whole argument that law-abiding gun owners are just criminals who haven't pulled the trigger yet (paraphrasing) is complete bovine excrement. Firearms are merely TOOLS. One does not need a firearm in order to commit a crime let alone kill someone. All you have managed to do is project YOUR OWN inadaquacies and fears onto others because of the fear of what YOU may do.
My argument is that every criminal was a law abiding citizen before they made a decision not to be. For a large majority of them, there was no way to tell before they did the act.

When you have a tool that can maim and kill in an instant, and you have a personality that tends toward threats of violence to get your way, that's a very, very dangerous tool.

Since we can't change your impulsive, violent personality, we are left with regulating access to the tools you can do the most damage with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Say What wrote:
Dan the man uses his statistics that ALL or the absolute VAST majority of "pro-gunners" are un-stable and that all of them will sooner or later "lose it"!
I never said that. You are creating a strawman argument here.
Say What wrote:
Wednesday night I was at the local WalMart and there was a young man proudly and clearly carrying a firearm openly AND SECURELY.
I watched as he stood in line at the register. I witnessed that many people did not even notice it. Of the ones that did, most simply did not react and kept going on with their shopping. Only ONE person reacted and that was to lean over and say something to their partner and then went on shopping also.
I will also say that WalMart was very crowded!!!
I know, I know. It ain't a scientific study and yes, I shore aint as smart as that thar Dan fellar!!!
Okay. So?

Shall I list recent incidents of law abiding citizens who one day decided to settle their problems with a gun? Shall I list all the ones where nobody saw it coming? Shall I list all the cases where trained shooters lost their cool and killed someone?

This kind of things happens all the time. Claiming that only criminals should be regulated is a false premise. Claiming that YOU would never do that doesn't mean anything because countless other killers also said that at some point in their lives before they lost their shit and started shooting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting.
You addressed and replied to Former Paratrooper, not Armed Veteran.
I meant to reply to Former Paratrooper. Typing AV was a mistake.

A big, BIG mistake since NOTHING I said about him is true for AV.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
"Former Paratrooper" and myself are not the same person.
I know. It was a mistake.
Armed Veteran wrote:
But I am glad you have the cajones enough to admit your own bigotry against lawful gun owners, based on nothing but your own perception of a small group of gun owners. Good for you.
None here has said anything about shooting someone simply because they don't like them. It is usually after the person has made some kind of backhanded threat on the gunowner' personal rights. Same thing for the president. They are not based on race. They are based on violation of person freedoms and liberties, and overstepping his powers instilled upon him by "we the people".
The demonization I have seen has ALWAYS come from the anti-gun crowd who commonly call anyone willing to stand up for their 2nd Amendment rights as a "gun loon", or as you have called them in not so many words "potential mass-murders". Here's a little hint for you.......ANYONE is a potential mass murderer. And that is who I am protecting me and my family from (as well as your run-of-mill criminals).
And I am real curious as to where you came up with your 1:12 ratio.
I made statements based on almost 50 years of experience with gunners. No bigotry - just simple, long-term observation.

Like I said - you gunners always have a way of justifying your threats and jokes about shooting people. Hell, everybody who's ever shot anybody can justify it in their own minds.

And the fact of the matter is that only about 35% of Americans own guns and it's the rest of the population who needs protection. I can begin listing people who had a gun "to protect my family" that they used to kill their family. That happens all the time too.

Why? Because the only difference between a law abiding citizen and a criminal is finding the justification to start shooting.

1:12 is off the top of my head. The ratio is probably much higher than that.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2013

<quoted text>
My argument is that every criminal was a law abiding citizen before they made a decision not to be. For a large majority of them, there was no way to tell before they did the act.
When you have a tool that can maim and kill in an instant, and you have a personality that tends toward threats of violence to get your way, that's a very, very dangerous tool.
Since we can't change your impulsive, violent personality, we are left with regulating access to the tools you can do the most damage with.
Sorry pal, but limiting the millions of law-abiding because of the actions of a handful of criminals (relatively speeching of course)is NOT how it works here in the land of the free and home of the brave. However, you are free to use your God-given freedom of choice to move to any socio-fascist shithole you can stomach. There are those, such as myself, who have sworn an oath to make sure it will never happen here, and that oath does NOT have an expiration date. Good luck with your choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 6,101 - 6,120 of11,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••