Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments
6,041 - 6,060 of 11,003 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2014

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#6698 Sep 12, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all laws are put through a SCOTUS review you idiot. Miller was passed which was in BLATANT opposition to the 2nd-Amendment. It claimed that short-barrelled shotguns had no militia purpose and thus could be regulated by the fed govt. When in fact, short-barreled shotgun did has a militia purpose. They were used in WWI and called "trench guns". The GCA's of 1968 and 1986, the AWB....none for these were brought before the SCOTUS for approval. Heller was the first case in DECADES to be brought before the court.
And I have addressed your question. I said the Scalia was WRONG in his OPINION. As a law-abiding citizen, in complying with Scalia, as long as I don't carry my gun into a govt building or other "sensitive" locations such as a school, I should be good to go, right?
It's true that the SCOTUS doesn't review all laws. But they do review all laws that are constitutionally questionable. So if existing gun laws stand, it's because they are constitutional.

Thanks for FINALLY clarifying that your position is that everyone has the unlimited right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.

Thanks for admitting that you're an extremist whose opinion on guns is completely outside the mainstream of both American public opinion and constitutional interpretation.

Location hidden

#6699 Sep 12, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And I stand by that statement. It is YOU who is brainwashed into believing that minorities can't make it on their own without a leg up from the govt. I NEVER said that you ARE a minority.
Trya again....again.
I don't believe that or anything like it - and I've never said anything to indicate that I do believe it.

And I never expected you to have the integrity or courage to admit what you posted. It's okay, I already know what you are.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#6700 Sep 12, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
It's true that the SCOTUS doesn't review all laws. But they do review all laws that are constitutionally questionable. So if existing gun laws stand, it's because they are constitutional.
Thanks for FINALLY clarifying that your position is that everyone has the unlimited right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose.
Thanks for admitting that you're an extremist whose opinion on guns is completely outside the mainstream of both American public opinion and constitutional interpretation.
That is not what the poster stated as their position,... but of course you know that.

They stated any weapon used by the common ground soldier. That is a far cry from any weapon what so ever.

Just another example of your disingenuous nature.

Location hidden

#6701 Sep 12, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is a weapon in use by the common ground soldier today, and it used for my own self-defense or the defense of the innocent, or any other LAWFUL purpose....YOUR DAMN RIGHT! Because that is EXACTLY what the 2nd Amendment means.
That's your interpretation.

Unfortunately that's not the actual legal interpretation.

Location hidden

#6702 Sep 12, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And I stand by that statement. It is YOU who is brainwashed into believing that minorities can't make it on their own without a leg up from the govt. I NEVER said that you ARE a minority.
Trya again....again.
Right.

You said that because I'm brainwashed I believe that because "my skin is a different color. I can't make it on my own. I need the govt to take care of me."

Son, it's right there in black and white. The only person you're kidding is yourself.

Location hidden

#6703 Sep 12, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what the poster stated as their position,... but of course you know that.
They stated any weapon used by the common ground soldier. That is a far cry from any weapon what so ever.
Those are Scalia's words and AV specifically and clearly said Scalia was WRONG.

You need to go look up that word again. It's not disingenuous to believe what people themselves tell me.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#6705 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Aphelion believes that his opinions are facts.
You would know.
You are after all the resident expert on that method.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#6706 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Every time the SCOTUS has approved of laws regulating the sale, purchase, or ownership of guns it has, by definition, said that those laws are not an infringement on anyone's rights.
So why are you avoiding my question? Is it your position that everyone has the unlimited right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose?
One purpose Mr. Chambersburg.
Self defense.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#6708 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
That's your opinion. The SCOTUS disagrees and always has.
Is it your position that everyone has the unlimited right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose?
Let's review.
There is one purpose Mr. Chambersburg ... self defense.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#6709 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
So is it your position that everyone has the unlimited right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose?
Self defense Mr. Chambersburg.
The purpose is self defense.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6710 Sep 12, 2013
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#6713 Sep 12, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
"disingenuous"?

Stop using liberal words.
They clash with my gillie suit.

Location hidden

#6714 Sep 12, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
BULLSHIT! They only review the laws that are specifically brought before them. Try again.
<quoted text>
That's NOT what I said, you lying POS.
<quoted text>
No, it is outside YOUR opinion, and is completely INLINE with what the Founders intended and wrote when they penned the 2nd Amendment. But keep touting that uber-leftist, libtard party line, Danny Boy.
And by the way, the Bill of Rights is SPECIFICALLY written to protect the rights of the minority against the OPINIONS of the majority. YOU LOSE!!!
Right. And laws that people believe to be unconstitutional are brought before them.

You specifically said Scalia was WRONG. Are you now saying he was right? Make up your mind.

A claim that, "everyone has the unlimited right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose" is far outside the mainstream of US public opinion and SCOTUS rulings. Sorry, but that's a fact.

Protecting the minority from the opinions of the majority, huh? Hmmmm. So you support gay marriage then?

Location hidden

#6716 Sep 12, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's review.
There is one purpose Mr. Chambersburg ... self defense.
Oh, so your opinion is that everyone has the unlimited right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever but just for self-defense?

Location hidden

#6717 Sep 12, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Self defense Mr. Chambersburg.
The purpose is self defense.
So your position is that the unlimited right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever but only for self-defense?

Location hidden

#6718 Sep 12, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
Not seeing links to SCOTUS decisions there, so...

Location hidden

#6719 Sep 12, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
So then the voices in your head exist in a democracy and they all agreed, without any proof, that they know what something is.
Maybe you should try living in a republic for once and see how you like it.
Grow up.

Location hidden

#6720 Sep 12, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Your exact words:
So is it your position that everyone has the unlimited right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose?
Key here is the statement “your position”, no mention of the SCOTUS or Scalia in your statement.
AV replied :
If it is a weapon in use by the common ground soldier today, and it used for my own self-defense or the defense of the innocent, or any other LAWFUL purpose....YOUR DAMN RIGHT! Because that is EXACTLY what the 2nd Amendment means.
That would be his position. Dimwit
You need to look up the definition of disingenuous as it most likely has a picture of you in it’s reference.
It is revealing that you need to twist other people’s words to conform to your interpretation.
That's not the post my reply was in response to, was it?

No, I was replying to his statement, "I said the Scalia was WRONG in his OPINION."

Of you'd take a second and read rather than impatiently make assumptions in your fervor to attack me, you would have seen that.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#6721 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Right.
You said that because I'm brainwashed I believe that because "my skin is a different color. I can't make it on my own. I need the govt to take care of me."
Son, it's right there in black and white. The only person you're kidding is yourself.
No one is kidding anyone here Mr. Chambersburg.
We all agree that we prefer to make our own choices, take responsibility for ourselves and our own, respect the rights of others and their freedoms, share our bounty with those who need it in our circles, defend our rights, and if need be, take that defense to the end so that others may breathe free too.

You prefer, by your own words, to receive government handouts, ban the tools of self defense, spy on your neighbor to report any wrong doing to the government, extort funds from private citizens to distribute to others as your handlers see fit, hamstring private free enterprise so that the government can take over business and our heath care, make decisions for doctors without training and proper licensure, and uphold uncostitutional legislation and sing the praises thereof.

No one is kidding here Mr. Chambersburg.
You would be well advised to remember that.
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#6722 Sep 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Those are Scalia's words and AV specifically and clearly said Scalia was WRONG.
You need to go look up that word again. It's not disingenuous to believe what people themselves tell me.
"to believe what people themselves tell me"

We are well aware that you believe what the gubment tells you.
Now drink your milk.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Talk of the Sound Exclusive: President Obama Co... 1 hr stenbrian333 1
Wayne Meddaugh seeks office for Clerk of Superi... Jul '14 Alex Harris 1
Multiple Hess Gas Stations Hit By Skimmers Jul '14 Lio 13
Restaurant operator P.F. Chang's confirms credi... Jun '14 carey529 1
Greenfield woman could be facing fe... Jun '14 Hassan al Madji 8
Survey: Cybercrime on the rise May '14 commentard 1
Public-private survey finds cybercrime on the rise May '14 Cordwainer Trout 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••