Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments (Page 293)

Showing posts 5,841 - 5,860 of11,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet even more opinions.
How bout we try some facts
racism
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
To support preferential treatment of a single group over others can be thought of as nothing else.
But I'm quite sure that in your dictionary of opinions it plays out much different.
The existing system support preferential treatment of one group over the others. The existing system is biased in favor of the dominant group and systematically disadvantages minority groups.

You can choose to be blind to that fact, but your blindness doesn't make your ridiculous OPINIONS of "reverse racisms" true.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Now all you have to do is convince the majority of the American public that Bush isn't really to blame for the failures of the Katrina response.
LOL! Good luck!
Would that be the majority of the voices in your head that you believe represent the American public. AHH OK HAHAHAHAHA
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Just like you, friend.
Just like you.
For all your posturing this is the best you got. Not surprising
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Denying that there are factors beyond personal responsibility and "approach to life" (whatever the hell that means) is a symptom of your blame-the-victim mentality.
The right loves to blame the victim because they don't want to accept the moral responsibility of living in a mutually dependent society. If it's their own fault, then you don't have to consider the built-in advantages you enjoy.
And the left loves to abdicate the individual of all personal responsibility. Creating more victims and expanding their voting base, without which they could never build a constituency to get elected.

Funny that you would bring up the term "mutually dependent society". The fact is that you are advocating for the "Dependent Society" here in the US. The reality is that many of those who are living in poverty contribute little if anything but "take" in great measures from the real contributors in this country.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

<quoted text>
The existing system support preferential treatment of one group over the others. The existing system is biased in favor of the dominant group and systematically disadvantages minority groups.
You can choose to be blind to that fact, but your blindness doesn't make your ridiculous OPINIONS of "reverse racisms" true.
And your denials do nothing to disprove my position.

YAWN ....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Would that be the majority of the voices in your head that you believe represent the American public. AHH OK HAHAHAHAHA
No, it would be the actual majority of Americans.

----------

In a separate poll, two out of three Americans said they do not think President Bush has responded adequately to the needs of Katrina victims. Only 32 percent approve of the way President Bush is responding to those needs, a drop of 12 points from last September's poll, taken just two weeks after the storm made landfall.

http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/pdf/poll_katrin...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
For all your posturing this is the best you got. Not surprising
LOL! Yeah, when I match the level of your rhetoric, it is pretty embarrassing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
And the left loves to abdicate the individual of all personal responsibility. Creating more victims and expanding their voting base, without which they could never build a constituency to get elected.
Funny that you would bring up the term "mutually dependent society". The fact is that you are advocating for the "Dependent Society" here in the US. The reality is that many of those who are living in poverty contribute little if anything but "take" in great measures from the real contributors in this country.
I'm enjoying your opinions.

Got any facts to support them?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
And your denials do nothing to disprove my position.
YAWN ....
Your opinions are based on your emotions and not the facts, because the facts do not support them.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

<quoted text>
LOL! Yeah, when I match the level of your rhetoric, it is pretty embarrassing.
YAWN

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

<quoted text>
If only saying it over and over would make it true.
And your continued denial over and over doesn't make it false either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And your continued denial over and over doesn't make it false either.
There is zero - ZERO - evidence that racism is this country has disappeared because we elected a black man to be President. Claims that it has, with no proof, are nothing more than hot air and wingnut wishes.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

<quoted text>
I know many people who are working hard and playing by the rules and can't get out of poverty. Success at getting out is not strictly about personal choices and individual effort. It's a much bigger problem than that.
Whenever people are in impossible situations, sometimes they resort to criminal behavior. That is true of everyone - including you and me. We've been fortunate enough not to be completely desperate, but you can't honestly say, that under the right circumstances, you wouldn't steal to feed your starving kids. Certainly individual choice is a factor, but as with poverty, it isn't the only factor (or even the primary factor).
So tell us Danny Boy, how do you feed your family if you are out stealing and looting big screen TV's and DVD players? Isn't all that plastic kinda hard to chew?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell us Danny Boy, how do you feed your family if you are out stealing and looting big screen TV's and DVD players? Isn't all that plastic kinda hard to chew?
I don't do that. And neither do most poor people.

Why don't you try being serious for a change?

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Oooooh, you're trying to be clever.
LOL! You should quit. You don't have what it takes to pull it off.
There is zero - ZERO - evidence that racism is this country has disappeared because we elected a black man to be President. Claims that it has, with no proof, are nothing more than hot air and wingnut wishes.
Dan, you are truly starting to lose it. No one here has said that racism has disappeared. As long as there are people with different skin colors, different shaped eyes, etc., you will ALWAYS have racism. What has disappeared is your reasons for needing an additional leg up because of it.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

<quoted text>
I don't do that. And neither do most poor people.
Why don't you try being serious for a change?
Look at the rioting and looting during the LA riots after the Ridney King verdict. Look at all the looting after Katrina. How about neighborhoods setting up armed barracades following Katrina to prevent criminals from stealing them blind?

How about YOU being serious for a change???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan, you are truly starting to lose it. No one here has said that racism has disappeared. As long as there are people with different skin colors, different shaped eyes, etc., you will ALWAYS have racism. What has disappeared is your reasons for needing an additional leg up because of it.
So racism still exists but nobody's disadvantaged by it?

You don't have a very good grasp of what racism is and how it impacts people, do you?

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad that you still can't fathom that it isn't just hard work, but an approach to life and personal responsibility.
I guess it's easier for you when bad things happen to just blame them on fate, the government or just bad luck rather than look to yourself to see if you are possibly the problem. The victim mentality at it's best.
What do you expect when it has been engrained in to his brain for his entire life?

"Oh poor me. My skin is a different color. I can't make it on my own. I need the govt to take care of me. Oh boo hoo hoo." {spit}

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

<quoted text>
So racism still exists but nobody's disadvantaged by it?
You don't have a very good grasp of what racism is and how it impacts people, do you?
99.9% of the racism I see today doesn't come from the MAJORITY, Danny Boy. And I see it EVERY DAY.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the rioting and looting during the LA riots after the Ridney King verdict. Look at all the looting after Katrina. How about neighborhoods setting up armed barracades following Katrina to prevent criminals from stealing them blind?
How about YOU being serious for a change???
We're talking about poverty, crime, and individual vs societal factors here - not riots.

Why don't you try to get up to speed on the actual discussion so you don't have to chime in uninformed and embarrass yourself like this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,841 - 5,860 of11,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••