Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 11002 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Zinger

UK

#6451 Sep 9, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Please.
You're not even trying, are you? LOL!
Why should we? You're the one deep-throating for Obama, right?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6452 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
The playing field IS tilted in favor of the dominant majority group. I'm not in favor of that. I'm in favor of remedying that.
And like I told you before, we elected a black president 5 years ago. The playing field has been leveled. But keep trying to sell that bullshit. No one is buying.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#6453 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
*sigh*
Okay, one more time for the intentionally ignorant...
It is not racist when African Americans use it. It is when YOU use it.
Clear enough?
*guffaw*
Now THIS response is a true case of DTMDS. Promoting a racial double standard and calling it an acceptable means of dealing with a racial double standard. DUH! Typical leftist liberal double talk.

You're name calling again Danny Boy. Oh! Excuse me, you're using descriptors again! LMAO!!!

Also, true to form, you have made no attempt to answer my very pertinent questions. Go figure.......
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#6454 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
*sigh*
Okay, one more time for the intentionally ignorant...
It is not racist when African Americans use it. It is when YOU use it.
Clear enough?
ROTFLMAO...riiight

This..."Okay, one more time for the intentionally ignorant..."

...from the same person that says this when provided factual information;

"Nah. Not really that interested.
My statement stands, regardless of court opinions..."

You really are one arrogant...so full of yourself...ignorant, lying, POS, extrmist, "frustrated control freak".
FormerParatroope r

United States

#6455 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
The incident you are referring to happened on September 2, five days after landfall.
And yes, given the history of white suppression and domination of the minority African American population in this country, any instance of giving preference to the majority white race is racist.
No. The assistance was offered before landfall, the Louisiana Gov refused at first.

One of the issues brought up was the use of Federal troops in a predominantly American Black area and the message it would send. And of course posse comitatus.

On Katrina, another example of how personal responsibility would have alleviated the suffering. Not to mention that local politicians did nothing knowing the strength of the storm. I don't hear of any blame or racism calls on the first line of defense, the local politicians, emergency responders, or the rest.

It was not racism. It was failures starting at the aldermen, Mayors, and up the chain. It was a tragic failure on all involved. Bush is an easy target, and while he shares in the blame, it is not racism, it was weighing State rights in a situation he should have bypassed the Gov.
FormerParatroope r

United States

#6456 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Yep, definitely not the same reasons as I do.
Curious about your thoughts of poverty, especially why some crawl out and others don't.

You do see a difference between criminal action and poverty?
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#6457 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Your failure to acknowledge your loss doesn't change that you've lost.
Seeing as how there is nothing I have lost, there is nothing to acknowledge. Now you on the other hand...when you refuse to accept...acknowledge...read... or research facts presented to you, YOU are the one that is ready, willing and able to remain willfully ignorant, stay up on your self imposed pedestal, and continue to preach to others from on high. You fail to realize how foolish you really are and are a laughing stock on the thread.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#6458 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
The playing field IS tilted in favor of the dominant majority group. I'm not in favor of that. I'm in favor of remedying that.
The only thing tilted here is you and your position.
Marauder

Anchorage, AK

#6459 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Please.
You're not even trying, are you? LOL!
Nope...doesn't take a whole lot to show the fool you are...you make it sooo easy with your attitude.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#6460 Sep 9, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And like I told you before, we elected a black president 5 years ago. The playing field has been leveled.
If only saying it over and over would make it true.

Chambersburg, PA

#6461 Sep 9, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFLMAO...riiight
This..."Okay, one more time for the intentionally ignorant..."
...from the same person that says this when provided factual information;
"Nah. Not really that interested.
My statement stands, regardless of court opinions..."
You really are one arrogant...so full of yourself...ignorant, lying, POS, extrmist, "frustrated control freak".
Tsk, tsk, tsk. You really need to control your temper.

I guess it gets under your skin when people tell you you can't use the n-word. Why do you so badly want permission to use it? What's WRONG with you?

Chambersburg, PA

#6462 Sep 9, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The assistance was offered before landfall, the Louisiana Gov refused at first.
President Bush, during a visit to Louisiana September 2, 2005, five days after the storm, offered to federalize the Louisiana National Guard to simplify the command structure. The Governor declined, because the Guard would then become part of the federal military forces and therefore lose much-needed policing powers. The President subsequently continued to press the offer so Governor Blanco rejected it in writing, citing the need for flexibility in National Guard operations, particularly the need for Guard in areas other than New Orleans where the military is not currently operating. Governor Haley Barbour of Mississippi reportedly declined a similar offer from the President.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Blanco

Chambersburg, PA

#6463 Sep 9, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the issues brought up was the use of Federal troops in a predominantly American Black area and the message it would send. And of course posse comitatus.
On Katrina, another example of how personal responsibility would have alleviated the suffering. Not to mention that local politicians did nothing knowing the strength of the storm. I don't hear of any blame or racism calls on the first line of defense, the local politicians, emergency responders, or the rest.
It was not racism. It was failures starting at the aldermen, Mayors, and up the chain. It was a tragic failure on all involved. Bush is an easy target, and while he shares in the blame, it is not racism, it was weighing State rights in a situation he should have bypassed the Gov.
When the scope of a disaster overwhelms local capabilities, and when the federal government is slow to respond, people naturally blame those with the most capacity to help for a response that's less than they are capable of.

And when the response to a disaster that hit a predominantly black population is days slower than similar disasters that hit white populations, it's perfectly reasonable to speculate that race is involved.

Chambersburg, PA

#6464 Sep 9, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as how there is nothing I have lost, there is nothing to acknowledge. Now you on the other hand...when you refuse to accept...acknowledge...read... or research facts presented to you, YOU are the one that is ready, willing and able to remain willfully ignorant, stay up on your self imposed pedestal, and continue to preach to others from on high. You fail to realize how foolish you really are and are a laughing stock on the thread.
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing tilted here is you and your position.
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...doesn't take a whole lot to show the fool you are...you make it sooo easy with your attitude.
Let me try to debate at your current level...

"I know you are but what am I?"

"I'm rubber and you're glue. Whatever you say bounces off of me and sticks to you."

"Nanny nanny boo boo."

LOL!

Please feel free to get back to me when you can find it within yourself to muster an actual adult argument on the issues at hand.

Chambersburg, PA

#6465 Sep 9, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious about your thoughts of poverty, especially why some crawl out and others don't.
You do see a difference between criminal action and poverty?
I know many people who are working hard and playing by the rules and can't get out of poverty. Success at getting out is not strictly about personal choices and individual effort. It's a much bigger problem than that.

Whenever people are in impossible situations, sometimes they resort to criminal behavior. That is true of everyone - including you and me. We've been fortunate enough not to be completely desperate, but you can't honestly say, that under the right circumstances, you wouldn't steal to feed your starving kids. Certainly individual choice is a factor, but as with poverty, it isn't the only factor (or even the primary factor).
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#6466 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
If only continuing to deny it would make it not true.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#6467 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Wishing upon a star? Sorry Danny Boy, no matter how many times you repeat your leftist propaganda it won't be the truth.

Chambersburg, PA

#6468 Sep 9, 2013
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
If only continuing to deny it would make it not true.
Oooooh, you're trying to be clever.

LOL! You should quit. You don't have what it takes to pull it off.

There is zero - ZERO - evidence that racism is this country has disappeared because we elected a black man to be President. Claims that it has, with no proof, are nothing more than hot air and wingnut wishes.
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#6469 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
When the scope of a disaster overwhelms local capabilities, and when the federal government is slow to respond, people naturally blame those with the most capacity to help for a response that's less than they are capable of.
And when the response to a disaster that hit a predominantly black population is days slower than similar disasters that hit white populations, it's perfectly reasonable to speculate that race is involved.
Regardless of what "people naturally blame" (your opinion), has little to do with the reality that their local government failed them.

So in you "opinion" anything in relation to the government that adversely affects, a group of minorities, can reasonably be attributed to racism? hmmmmmmmm
Aphelion

Melbourne, FL

#6470 Sep 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I know many people who are working hard and playing by the rules and can't get out of poverty. Success at getting out is not strictly about personal choices and individual effort. It's a much bigger problem than that.
Whenever people are in impossible situations, sometimes they resort to criminal behavior. That is true of everyone - including you and me. We've been fortunate enough not to be completely desperate, but you can't honestly say, that under the right circumstances, you wouldn't steal to feed your starving kids. Certainly individual choice is a factor, but as with poverty, it isn't the only factor (or even the primary factor).
Success is neither automatic nor inevitable. Almost every step requires sacrifice, dedication, passion and struggle. Almost every step provides us with an opportunity to make the right, or the wrong, choice. This is where the truly successful stand out. Truly successful people, almost innately, understand that the price of success carries a personal responsibility to consistently make the right choices¬óchoices made with integrity and character.

Sad that you abdicate personal responsibility and embrace victim mentality instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cleveland prepares for RNC convention protests May 27 Hostis Publicus 9
News Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offen... May '16 Jelly Belly Popcorn 3
News Man shot outside White House remains in critica... May '16 WeTheSheeple 2
News Secret Service agent shoots armed man outside W... May '16 Bama Yankee 16
News Bill Clinton ditched Secret Service on multiple... May '16 IsTrumpDodgingThis 2
News Bill Clinton's SICK Truth Just EXPOSED -... May '16 IsTrumpDodgingThis 10
News Secret Service: Man planned to kidnap first dog Apr '16 Jaimie 6
More from around the web