Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments
5,501 - 5,520 of 11,003 Comments Last updated Apr 3, 2014

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Not following you here. Are you saying that there were racist attacks against President Bush?
Remember this one......"Pres. Bush does not care about black people."--Kanye West(?) following Hurricane Katrina
FormerParatroope r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

<quoted text>
Not following you here. Are you saying that there were racist attacks against President Bush?
Taking the current explanation for constitutes racism, ie. If you don't agree with the POTUS it is because he is black, then all the things non whites said if Bush would be racist. That is if you follow the logic of some talking heads on mnsnbc.

To the greater point. Racism is ignorance, regardless of who does it. Making a threat against the POTUS, in a racist way or not is stupid.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

<quoted text>
About 35% of Americans own guns. How many own cars?
I'll answer that for you - 95%. And 85% get to work by car.
The gun on your hip is the same as a car in the garage. If you're not handling it, you're not using it.
Why are there more car accidents than gun accidents? Because more people own them and they use them more.
Every time my gun is on my hip it is "in use". Ever heard of a deterrent?
FormerParatroope r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

<quoted text>
For sure. Any thoughts on expanding job opportunities for ex-cons?
They can educate the youth on why criminal activities lead to poverty and short life spans.

Ex cons will have a hard time in some vocations because if their criminal past. Where I work they cannot. I work in hospitals, clinics, research facilities, government facilities and some industrial sites servicing radio frequency enclosures. You can understand that my vocation gas certain standards.

We must remember a simple truth, ex cons are a product of their choices, they are responsible for their position, not you, not me, but them.

There are jobs they can do, if they are truly motivated, they can create legal businesses.
FormerParatroope r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember this one......"Pres. Bush does not care about black people."--Kanye West(?) following Hurricane Katrina
Yes I do... Him and others. Including Mayor Nagel. Racist statements.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking the current explanation for constitutes racism, ie. If you don't agree with the POTUS it is because he is black, then all the things non whites said if Bush would be racist. That is if you follow the logic of some talking heads on mnsnbc.
To the greater point. Racism is ignorance, regardless of who does it. Making a threat against the POTUS, in a racist way or not is stupid.
I don't have cable, but I read about Chris Matthews rant. Birtherism is certainly rooted in racism. And I've lost count of the number of racist attacks on this President. But nobody says that all criticisms of the President's policies are racist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Kanye himself said it was a racist thing to say when he apologized (if I remember correctly)- so there's one.
FormerParatroope r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I thought you lived in Ohio.
Yes, Illinois is one of the 11 states not on my list of states where you can buy guns with no proof of ID.
And you can vote without ID. Don't worry tho, that won't change anytime soon.
It will be harder to have a firearm if the upstate politicians get their way. But we just got a CCW shall issue law, the last in the Nation. Our politicians and criminals have always carried, just us peasants have been denied. Maybe this State will eventually go moderate, at least that is the hope.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
They can educate the youth on why criminal activities lead to poverty and short life spans.
Ex cons will have a hard time in some vocations because if their criminal past. Where I work they cannot. I work in hospitals, clinics, research facilities, government facilities and some industrial sites servicing radio frequency enclosures. You can understand that my vocation gas certain standards.
We must remember a simple truth, ex cons are a product of their choices, they are responsible for their position, not you, not me, but them.
There are jobs they can do, if they are truly motivated, they can create legal businesses.
Denying societal influences on crime misses the full picture. It's comforting to believe that every bad thing that happens to people - from poverty to crime - is entirely the result of rational, individual choices because then you can believe it would never happen to you. But the world simply doesn't work that way.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah. I forgot about Mayor "Chocolate City" Nagel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time my gun is on my hip it is "in use". Ever heard of a deterrent?
Sorry, but Iif you're not handling it, YOU'RE not using it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

The man who was mayor of New Orleans during Katrina is named Ray Nagin.

And I don't remember Mayor Nagin saying anything racist.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

And I don't remember Mayor Nagin saying anything racist about President Bush.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

The man who was mayor of New Orleans during Katrina is named Ray Nagin.
And I don't remember Mayor Nagin saying anything racist.
Boy, there's a shocker.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What needs to be addressed are all preventable deaths.
Death by old age is the only death that is not preventable. So, you'd better get busy.........you've got a lot of addressing to do. By the time you and your ilk get done protecting us from ourselves we'll all be living in individual little sterile bubbles having no physical contact with the real world. The real world is too dangerous.......might skin your knee and get an infection........could kill ya.......gotta' prevent that!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, there's a shocker.
Okay, then what racist things did Ray Nagin say about President Bush?

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

<quoted text>
Okay, then what racist things did Ray Nagin say about President Bush?
I never said he did say anything racist about Bush. But he did say he wanted to rebuild New Orleans into a new "chocolate city". Now what do you suppose he meant by that? Was he talking about opening up a Hershey or Nestle plant there? I don't think so.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said he did say anything racist about Bush. But he did say he wanted to rebuild New Orleans into a new "chocolate city". Now what do you suppose he meant by that? Was he talking about opening up a Hershey or Nestle plant there? I don't think so.
Let me remind you what was being discussed.

I asked this question:
Are you saying that there were racist attacks against President Bush?
You answered:
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So that was one.

Then FP said there were others:
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
So I said I don't remember any racist attacks Mayor Nagin made against Bush. You said you weren't surprised by that, implying he made racist attacks against Bush but I ignored them.

But that's not true, is it? You just admitted he didn't make any racist attacks against Bush.

Now that we're all up to speed, I wait to see if FP knows of any since you admit you do not.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And for the record, many US cities that are predominantly African American in population (after white flight to the suburbs) have been called Chocolate City.

As far as I know, Washington DC was the first, since at least the early 70s. There was even a funk album called "Chocolate City" that was a tribute to DC. But Atlanta, Chicago, Memphis, Detroit and New Orleans have also been called that.

The term is used affectionately by African Americans and there's nothing racist about it.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

<quoted text>

So I said I don't remember any racist attacks Mayor Nagin made against Bush. You said you weren't surprised by that, implying he made racist attacks against Bush but I ignored them.
But that's not true, is it? You just admitted he didn't make any racist attacks against Bush.
Now that we're all up to speed, I wait to see if FP knows of any since you admit you do not.
That is NOT what you said. Here is a copy/paste from your post: "And I don't remember Mayor Nagin saying anything racist." No "Bush". So you conveniently just decided to add the "Bush" part.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wayne Meddaugh seeks office for Clerk of Superi... Jul '14 Alex Harris 1
Multiple Hess Gas Stations Hit By Skimmers Jul '14 Lio 13
Restaurant operator P.F. Chang's confirms credi... Jun '14 carey529 1
Greenfield woman could be facing fe... Jun '14 Hassan al Madji 8
Survey: Cybercrime on the rise May '14 commentard 1
Public-private survey finds cybercrime on the rise May '14 Cordwainer Trout 3
Medford arrest 5 in alleged counterfeit money s... (Aug '10) May '14 Moira Prior 39
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

US Secret Service People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••