Firearms rally scheduled for Chambers...

Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

There are 10987 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Marauder

North Pole, AK

#6101 Aug 30, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
There was racist intent, hence the N-word. That's an added aspect that Bush didn't have to contend with.
Other than being called a chimp and shown that way in political cartoons.
AnswersRus

Lander, WY

#6102 Aug 30, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many similarities between the two. For one, they both have huge protruding ears.
AnswersRus

Lander, WY

#6103 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
What needs to be addressed are all preventable deaths.
Impossible.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#6104 Aug 30, 2013
Marauder wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Because 'chimp' a well-known racist smear against white people.

Give me a break!

Chambersburg, PA

#6105 Aug 30, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Impossible.
It is not impossible to address preventable death. We do it all the time. We fight cancer, AIDS, auto accidents, heart disease, and stroke. Why not death by gun? Why is that particular cause of death off limits for prevention?

Chambersburg, PA

#6106 Aug 30, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many similarities between the two. For one, they both have huge protruding ears.
Are you talking about George Bush?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#6107 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
It is not impossible to address preventable death. We do it all the time. We fight cancer, AIDS, auto accidents, heart disease, and stroke. Why not death by gun? Why is that particular cause of death off limits for prevention?
And how many of those 32,000 gun deaths you keep touting are accidents, Dan. Let's compare apples to apples for a change. And with all the restrictions and rules to driving a car, vehicle accident death FAR EXCEED those from firearm accidents, don't they. In fact, how many firearm accidents are there every year, Dan. Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".

Chambersburg, PA

#6108 Aug 30, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And how many of those 32,000 gun deaths you keep touting are accidents, Dan. Let's compare apples to apples for a change. And with all the restrictions and rules to driving a car, vehicle accident death FAR EXCEED those from firearm accidents, don't they. In fact, how many firearm accidents are there every year, Dan. Things that make you go "hmmmmmm".
How many people own cars? How many cars on the road every day? How many people use their car every single day? How many hours a day do people drive?

More people are killed in auto accidents than by gun accidents because exponentially more people use cars exponentially more often than guns.

This is simple math.

But somehow it makes you go hmmmmmmm.

And that makes me go "hmmmmmmm."

LOL!

Southeast Virginia

#6109 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
How many people own cars? How many cars on the road every day? How many people use their car every single day? How many hours a day do people drive?
More people are killed in auto accidents than by gun accidents because exponentially more people use cars exponentially more often than guns.
This is simple math.
But somehow it makes you go hmmmmmmm.
And that makes me go "hmmmmmmm."
LOL!
I drive my car for a total of approx. 1.25 hours a day, Dan (going to and from work). My gun is on my hip far longer than that. The question stands.

Chambersburg, PA

#6110 Aug 30, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
I drive my car for a total of approx. 1.25 hours a day, Dan (going to and from work). My gun is on my hip far longer than that. The question stands.
About 35% of Americans own guns. How many own cars?

I'll answer that for you - 95%. And 85% get to work by car.

The gun on your hip is the same as a car in the garage. If you're not handling it, you're not using it.

Why are there more car accidents than gun accidents? Because more people own them and they use them more.
FormerParatroope r

Prairie Village, KS

#6111 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, I thought it was outrageous when people made death threats against Bush and I said so. I thought the movie depicting his assassination was stupid and offensive and I said so.
And attacks on this President based on his race most certainly do matter. Minimizing or dismissing them provides cover for racists and is as morally offensive as the racist attacks themselves.
Not every attack in this POTUS is racial. This particular incident you brought out was.

Good to see you took offense when it was. POTUS that I am sure you did not like.
FormerParatroope r

Prairie Village, KS

#6112 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
What needs to be addressed are all preventable deaths.
Criminals deaths can be prevented. They need a new line of work.
FormerParatroope r

Prairie Village, KS

#6113 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Again, I've specifically said we are not talking about buying guns from a licensed dealer. You can buy a gun from a private citizen in Ohio without ID, right? But you can't vote in Ohio without showing ID.
----------
Ohio law requires that every voter, upon appearing at the polling place to vote on Election Day, to announce his or her full name and current address and provide proof of the voter's identity.
The forms of identification that may be used by a voter who appears at a polling place to vote on an Election Day include:
- A current and valid photo identification card issued by the State of Ohio or the United States government; or
- A military identification ("military ID"); or
- An original or copy of a current utility bill; or
- An original or copy of a current bank statement; or
- An original or copy of a current government check; or
- An original or copy of a current paycheck; or
- An original or copy of a current other government document, other than a voter registration acknowledgement notification mailed by the board of elections, that shows the voter’s name and current address.
http://www.sos.state.oh.us/elections/Voters/F...
Under law, I cannot vote in Ohio. If I wanted to buy a firearm in Ohio I have to secure the transfer thru a FFL. I do not live in Ohio, I live in Illinois.

I cannot buy a firearm in Illinois from a private citizen with my ID or FOID. But I can vote without them.

Chambersburg, PA

#6114 Aug 30, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not every attack in this POTUS is racial. This particular incident you brought out was.
Good to see you took offense when it was. POTUS that I am sure you did not like.
Not following you here. Are you saying that there were racist attacks against President Bush?

Chambersburg, PA

#6115 Aug 30, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Criminals deaths can be prevented. They need a new line of work.
For sure. Any thoughts on expanding job opportunities for ex-cons?

Chambersburg, PA

#6116 Aug 30, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Under law, I cannot vote in Ohio. If I wanted to buy a firearm in Ohio I have to secure the transfer thru a FFL. I do not live in Ohio, I live in Illinois.
I cannot buy a firearm in Illinois from a private citizen with my ID or FOID. But I can vote without them.
I thought you lived in Ohio.

Yes, Illinois is one of the 11 states not on my list of states where you can buy guns with no proof of ID.

Southeast Virginia

#6117 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Not following you here. Are you saying that there were racist attacks against President Bush?
Remember this one......"Pres. Bush does not care about black people."--Kanye West(?) following Hurricane Katrina
FormerParatroope r

Prairie Village, KS

#6118 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Taking the current explanation for constitutes racism, ie. If you don't agree with the POTUS it is because he is black, then all the things non whites said if Bush would be racist. That is if you follow the logic of some talking heads on mnsnbc.

To the greater point. Racism is ignorance, regardless of who does it. Making a threat against the POTUS, in a racist way or not is stupid.

Southeast Virginia

#6119 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
About 35% of Americans own guns. How many own cars?
I'll answer that for you - 95%. And 85% get to work by car.
The gun on your hip is the same as a car in the garage. If you're not handling it, you're not using it.
Why are there more car accidents than gun accidents? Because more people own them and they use them more.
Every time my gun is on my hip it is "in use". Ever heard of a deterrent?
FormerParatroope r

Prairie Village, KS

#6120 Aug 30, 2013
<quoted text>
For sure. Any thoughts on expanding job opportunities for ex-cons?
They can educate the youth on why criminal activities lead to poverty and short life spans.

Ex cons will have a hard time in some vocations because if their criminal past. Where I work they cannot. I work in hospitals, clinics, research facilities, government facilities and some industrial sites servicing radio frequency enclosures. You can understand that my vocation gas certain standards.

We must remember a simple truth, ex cons are a product of their choices, they are responsible for their position, not you, not me, but them.

There are jobs they can do, if they are truly motivated, they can create legal businesses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heavy security at Trump Tower not going away an... Fri blushing violet 28
News Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump sp... Nov '16 RushFan666 30
News Russian man convicted of hacking into US busine... Aug '16 Mizike67 5
News Russian man faces US trial in lucrative hacking... Aug '16 Nu Wor Order 4
News Cleveland prepares for RNC convention protests (May '16) May '16 Hostis Publicus 9
News Flight logs show Bill Clinton flew on sex offen... (May '16) May '16 Jelly Belly Popcorn 3
News Man shot outside White House remains in critica... (May '16) May '16 WeTheSheeple 2
More from around the web