Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion 11,004

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Full Story

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#6054 Aug 29, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Just applying YOUR logic regarding voter fraud to gun control. And exactly what proof do you have that voter fraud has NEVER effected the outcome of an election??? Just because only a handful have been caught?
You're not using MY logic with that argument. You aren't using any logic at all.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#6055 Aug 29, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not using MY logic with that argument. You aren't using any logic at all.
So your logic, when applied by someone else, looks like the antithesis of logic even to you? There may be hope for you yet, Danny Boy. LMAO!!

Chambersburg, PA

#6058 Aug 29, 2013
David Marsters (R), running for an open selectman seat in Sabattus this November, has posted an offensive comment about President Barack Obama's race on Facebook, suggesting the president should be shot.

http://www.sunjournal.com/news/lewiston-aubur...
AnswersRus

Riverton, WY

#6059 Aug 29, 2013
David Marsters (R), running for an open selectman seat in Sabattus this November, has posted an offensive comment about President Barack Obama's race on Facebook, suggesting the president should be shot.
Hang Mr. Marsters from the nearest yard arm. He's an idiot who apparently committed a crime, IF the allegations are correct.

Chambersburg, PA

#6061 Aug 29, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang Mr. Marsters from the nearest yard arm. He's an idiot who apparently committed a crime, IF the allegations are correct.
Ummm, the link I provided showed the Facebook post he made. And the Secret Service paid him a visit. Why would you doubt that he did it?

Chambersburg, PA

#6062 Aug 29, 2013
AnswersRus wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus he's not denying it...

----------

“(The Secret Service) didn’t see no pictures of Obama with bullet holes in his head,” Marsters told the Daily News.“It’s not a threatening statement, in my opinion. People take it out of context as a threat.”

“I didn’t say I was going to shoot the president, or kill — Shoot the n*****. Shoot the n*****.— that’s what I said,” he continued.“I’m pissed off at the system, OK? We’re about to lose our benefits because of this asshole.”

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/29/maine-c...

Chambersburg, PA

#6063 Aug 29, 2013
“A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon.”
- Bill Clinton, August 28, 2013

States where you can buy an assault rifle with no proof of ID:
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

States where you can vote with no proof of ID:

Interesting.
LAw

La Vista, NE

#6064 Aug 29, 2013
“A great democracy does not make it harder to vote than to buy an assault weapon.”
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Interesting.
What is an "assault rifle"?
FormerParatroope r

Columbus, OH

#6065 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Older people who don't drive no longer have drivers licenses. They may have ID, but in PA it's estimated that 15% of the elderly don't have the newly required ID to vote. Cashing checks, buying alcohol and cigarettes, receiving governemnt assistance - all those things do not require the specific government issued photo ID that these new laws require.
When additional hurdles are put up the disproportionately impact Democratic voters, then more Democratic voters will not go to the polls.
You do know that the State of PA admitted in court that they don't know of any instances of in-person voter fraud in the state, right? And that Mike Turzai, the PA GOP House majority leader said, "Voter ID, which is going to allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania, done."
So you think that zero elections being impacted by in-person voting fraud is the same as 32,000 dead Americans? I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more.
All I am finding online are articles about registration fraud. I found a few references to voting fraud, got "article unavailable". Old articles seem to do that.

It has been my impression that it is not some special ID needed, but State ID or Drivers License. What is this other ID that you refer too?

I do not understand how requiring identification on affects one specific voter block. Only Democrat voters are too poor or unable to have an ID?

What PA admits in court I did not see. Is that reported by all news sources or just one political side? Where is the study that claims only Democrat voting people will be effected by ID and not other Parties? I am interested in the method used to come to that conclusion.

In the past elections have been won and lost by a few votes. Why wouldn't you support a fraud free vote?

Of the 32k dead Americans, we have already discussed how many created the incident to meet their death. Why do you not separate justified death vs unjustified? You make that distinction with voting, why not in this case?
FormerParatroope r

Columbus, OH

#6066 Aug 29, 2013
I say the same thing I always say when a moron makes such statements against any POTUS, it is stupid and irresponsible behaviour. Making a threat is a punishable offense, and if found guilty, he should face the punishment.

I wonder if many who take offense at this moron took the same offense when the same threats were made against previous POTUS's?
FormerParatroope r

Columbus, OH

#6067 Aug 29, 2013
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Interesting.
Your list is wrong at two levels.

1. In order to purchase a firearm from a FFL holder, the GCA of 1968 requires positive ID.

2. No ID is required when buying from a private citizen, illegal alien or others. In States that require ID for purchase from a private citizen, the non criminal element complies. Imho, if I were to sell a firearm to someone I did not know, ID would be necessary regardless of law. I do not sell to anyone not known to me unless they have a FFL.

If a weapon is not used for assault, is it a defense weapon regardless of the cosmetics?
FormerParatroope r

Columbus, OH

#6068 Aug 29, 2013
Alabama
Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Idaho
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Louisiana
Maine
Michigan
Minnesota
Mississippi
Missouri
Montana
Nebraska
Nevada
New Hampshire
New Mexico
North Carolina
North Dakota
Ohio
Oklahoma
Oregon
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
South Dakota
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
Washington
West Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming
Interesting.
If it is true that every State requires ID to vote, and the minority vote was at a all time high, why then is it bad to require ID at the polls? This does not support the disenfranchised theory of minority and Democratic voters.

Chambersburg, PA

#6069 Aug 29, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Your list is wrong at two levels.
1. In order to purchase a firearm from a FFL holder, the GCA of 1968 requires positive ID.
2. No ID is required when buying from a private citizen, illegal alien or others. In States that require ID for purchase from a private citizen, the non criminal element complies. Imho, if I were to sell a firearm to someone I did not know, ID would be necessary regardless of law. I do not sell to anyone not known to me unless they have a FFL.
If a weapon is not used for assault, is it a defense weapon regardless of the cosmetics?
Right. Your point #2 covers it - anyone can obtain assault rifles from unlicensed dealers at gun shows or online without a background check in 39 states.

I'm not interested in quibbling over the naming of things. Please feel free to substitute "guns" for "assault rifles." Clinton's point stands.

Chambersburg, PA

#6070 Aug 29, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is true that every State requires ID to vote, and the minority vote was at a all time high, why then is it bad to require ID at the polls? This does not support the disenfranchised theory of minority and Democratic voters.
The new, restrictive requirements being implemented by Republican state legislatures requires a specific form of state-issued photo ID to vote. In PA, more than 750,000 citizens did not have the newly required ID.

Previously there were multiple forms of ID that would allow citizens to register to vote in PA, including utility bills, bank statements, and lease agreements.

It's disappointing how uninformed you are on this issue.

Chambersburg, PA

#6071 Aug 29, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
I say the same thing I always say when a moron makes such statements against any POTUS, it is stupid and irresponsible behaviour. Making a threat is a punishable offense, and if found guilty, he should face the punishment.
I wonder if many who take offense at this moron took the same offense when the same threats were made against previous POTUS's?
Somebody said "kill the n*****" about Bush?

Chambersburg, PA

#6072 Aug 29, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
All I am finding online are articles about registration fraud. I found a few references to voting fraud, got "article unavailable". Old articles seem to do that.
It has been my impression that it is not some special ID needed, but State ID or Drivers License. What is this other ID that you refer too?
I do not understand how requiring identification on affects one specific voter block. Only Democrat voters are too poor or unable to have an ID?
What PA admits in court I did not see. Is that reported by all news sources or just one political side? Where is the study that claims only Democrat voting people will be effected by ID and not other Parties? I am interested in the method used to come to that conclusion.
In the past elections have been won and lost by a few votes. Why wouldn't you support a fraud free vote?
Of the 32k dead Americans, we have already discussed how many created the incident to meet their death. Why do you not separate justified death vs unjustified? You make that distinction with voting, why not in this case?
I don't think you're going to find evidence of widespread in-person voter fraud in Illinois. I'm not sure why you had the impression it was "well known" when it didn't happen at all.

It is, in fact, some special ID that's being required in many states - a state-issued photo ID. State issued ID without a photo isn't allowed. Student photo ID isn't allowed. It is specific and restrictive.

Nobody ever said only Democratic voters don't have the required ID. But it has been shown that the groups least likely to have the ID are groups that typically vote Democratic. I've listed some of them already.

The state trial over voter ID in PA was widely covered by all media outlets. The facts I present here are from biased sources. And I never said that "only" Democrats are affected.

Whenever making the vote "fraud free" begins to disenfranchise legal, qualified voters in the face of no evidence of any election ever being impacted by in-person voter fraud, then I begin to question the motive behind the effort. In this case, we have an elected PA Republican publicly saying that the voter ID in this state was designed to swing the state to Romney.

I don't separate justified from unjustified because I don't see the value in the distinction. Dead is dead and I personally don't believe anybody deserves to die. I could ask why it's so important to you to minimize the number of your fellow Americans who are dead from guns.

Chambersburg, PA

#6073 Aug 29, 2013
The state trial over voter ID in PA was widely covered by all media outlets. The facts I present here are from biased sources.
LOL! The facts I present here are NOT from biased sources.

Chambersburg, PA

#6074 Aug 29, 2013
The stipulation agreement from the Commonwealth of PA said:

1. There have been no investigations or prosecutions of in-person voter fraud in Pennsylvania; and the parties do not have direct personal knowledge of any such investigations or prosecutions in other states.

2. The parties are not aware of any incidents of in-person fraud in Pennsylvania and do not have direct personal knowledge of in person voter fraud elsewhere;

3. Respondents will not offer any evidence in this action that in-person voter fraud has in fact occurred in Pennsylvania or elsewhere;
5. Respondents will not offer any evidence or argument that in person voter fraud is likely to occur in November 2012 in the absence of the Photo ID law.

http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/ApplewhiteSti...

Chambersburg, PA

#6075 Aug 29, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
I misread this the first time...

The new voter ID requirements and their adverse impact on minority voters so outraged minority voters that they turned out in larger numbers at the polls. It was gratifying to see that GOP efforts at voter suppression had a perverse impact on the minority electorate last year.

Hopefully the continued national focus on GOP efforts to implement discriminatory electoral laws will keep minority voters fired up. As we learned 50 years ago, the active engagement of the electorate on these matters is the only way to defeat discrimination, inequality, and injustice.
Marauder

North Pole, AK

#6076 Aug 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Right. Your point #2 covers it - anyone can obtain assault rifles from unlicensed dealers at gun shows or online without a background check in 39 states.
I'm not interested in quibbling over the naming of things. Please feel free to substitute "guns" for "assault rifles." Clinton's point stands.

Too bad that you and he have no understanding that we don’t live in a “democracy”…but then of course I’m pretty sure he knows that but it does make a cute sound bite for the ignorant.

"Clinton's point stands."

No it doesn't, and neither does your support for it.

There is currently no restriction on the number of guns a person can own...in some places you have a limit on handgun purchases from a licensed dealer...no limits on shotguns or rifles.

There is a legal limit on the number of times a person can vote...that limit is once. Maybe we could institute the inked thumb after voting like is done in the middle east...how about that...? Otherwise, a gov't issued ID would be most appropriate in order to vote. Isn’t it a hoot that a concealed carry permit would be acceptable form of ID to vote…?…lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Multiple Hess Gas Stations Hit By Skimmers (Apr '14) Tue Choppa 15
Obama taps Clancy to lead the Secret Service Feb 19 Gruber Makes Sens... 2
Drone maker says it's 'highly unlikely' White H... Feb '15 Eleanor 2
Shots fired near Vice President Biden's Delawar... Jan '15 Gary 57
things to consider when buying a new home in sy... Jan '15 primebuildingbrokers 1
Secret Service Panel: Build Bigger Fence Around... Dec '14 Sunshine 2
Street Artist SABO Blasts Lena Dunham, Bill Cli... Dec '14 Anonymous 1
More from around the web