Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion 11,003

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Full Story

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5886 Aug 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You just posted it! No attempt to address the questions asked of you, hollow nervous laughter, veiled accusation, arrogant condescension, it's all right there in your post. Thank you once again for being such a predictable loser.
I asked you before to post any questions I have failed to address, and you've posted nothing. Obviously there aren't any.

Shall I list my questions that you've ignored?

LOL!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5887 Aug 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And how much training do you need to know that (looking at a picture of a gun) this is the part where you hold it. The part that can kill you, or anything you point the gun at, comes out of the end with the hole in it. And this little curved thing underneath makes the bullet come out of the end with the hole in it when you squeeze it? And don't look down the hole or point it at anything you don't want to shoot.
Training done.
Really? That's enough? That's all the training you got?

Come back when you can be serious. Your emotions have gotten the better of you.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5888 Aug 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>I see you just can't stop trying your mind reading trick even though it never works and makes you look like a complete idiot. I follow this thread regularly and I don't recall ever seeing the person you're responding to say anything about "doing nothing" about gun violence. So evidently what you're trying to say is that the choices are your way...the infringement and abrogation of EVERYBODY'S rights or "doing nothing". How about a law that is directed at the law breakers and doesn't infringe on the law abiding? WOW! What a concept, eh? Of course that wouldn't fit in with you comprehensive plan to disarm the American people, would it?
I've asked over and over and over for solutions from you gunners and none of you has offered any.

And in the fact of reasonable suggestions from other people, all you do is point out how unworkable or un-American they are.

In light of these facts, it is a perfectly reaonable, logical conclusion that you support doing nothing.

But as I have said before - many times - please list the regulations you'd support to reduce gun violence. You said before that you support regulation, but you've consistently refused to name even one.

I believe that's because you support doing nothing and you've said nothing to disprove that belief (except a meaningless blanket denial with nothing to support it).

Tell me about this "law that is directed at the law breakers and doesn't infringe on the law abiding." What law would that be? Can you describe it? Or is that just more hot air designed to dodge the issue?

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#5889 Aug 23, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
It is punishment for taking life.
One could argue this particular shooting was an accident. It was preventable. If your actions lead to the death of another and those actions were preventable, you are fully responsible for the results.
Hanging was a a thought. I don't care if it is by lethal injection, a firing squad, gas chamber or electric chair, the penalty should be death.
You should know by now I believe in the concept of personal responsibility, I live it, breathe it and expect it. If I were the one who created the situation that killed an innocent due to my actions, I expect to be held accountable the same way.
Danny Boy doesn't know the meaning of individual responsibility. He likes to hold ALL firearms owners responsibile for mass shooters, accidents, and such. Even though normal sane and responsible firearms owners vastly outnumber those who break the law. Here is a quote from Ronald Reagan that pretty much says it all.....

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."

- Ronald Reagan -

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5890 Aug 23, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not dismissing those deaths. It was a statement of fact.
If there was a way to issue common sense to people, I would be all for it.
You seem to imply there is a way to prevent people without common sense to have firearms. What I am asking is how it can be done.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chambersburg-...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5891 Aug 23, 2013
FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
It is punishment for taking life.
One could argue this particular shooting was an accident. It was preventable. If your actions lead to the death of another and those actions were preventable, you are fully responsible for the results.
Hanging was a a thought. I don't care if it is by lethal injection, a firing squad, gas chamber or electric chair, the penalty should be death.
You should know by now I believe in the concept of personal responsibility, I live it, breathe it and expect it. If I were the one who created the situation that killed an innocent due to my actions, I expect to be held accountable the same way.
So if you accidentally caused someone's death, you'd expect to be killed?

Wow. I find that hard to believe.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5892 Aug 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife was on the jury of a very similar case about five years ago. Two idiots got into an argument at a party. One idiot goes to his car and retrieves a handgun and commences to shooting the other guy five times. His intended victim didn't die, but his best friend who caught the stray bullet did. Said idiot got 65 years in the pokey for his troubles. A just dessert.
Good story.

But no ideas for how to prevent those sorts of things in the first place, huh?

What a surprise.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#5893 Aug 23, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked you before to post any questions I have failed to address, and you've posted nothing. Obviously there aren't any.
Shall I list my questions that you've ignored?
LOL!
No there have been several, I just got tired of repeating them every time you dodged answering them. You refused to acknowledge them the first 3 or 4 times they were asked so now you go back and find them ( like you really don't remember the questions....LMAO!) for yourself. You haven't answered because the factual answer contradicts your propaganda. For me to repeat them again would just be a waste of time, you will never answer them truthfully.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5894 Aug 23, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of your demonstrated paranoid and reactionary tendencies, I believe you honestly think that.
But you are wrong.
When you've calmed down and think you can be rational, come try to have an adult discussion again.
What about what I stated was paranoid. You are describing more legislation to control who can and can't have access to firearms which will be completely IGNORED by criminals who already have MILLIONS of firearms in their possession, and will only be followed by the law-abiding citizens. It will be creating more hoops they have to jump through just to exercise an inherent right, and based on the unfortunate tragedy of a handful of incidents every year.

Now tell me that is NOT what you are advocating.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5895 Aug 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Danny Boy doesn't know the meaning of individual responsibility. He likes to hold ALL firearms owners responsibile for mass shooters, accidents, and such. Even though normal sane and responsible firearms owners vastly outnumber those who break the law. Here is a quote from Ronald Reagan that pretty much says it all.....
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
- Ronald Reagan -
I see you just can't stop trying your mind reading trick even though it never works and makes you look like a complete idiot. I've never said anything like that, and you know it.

Your Freudian projection is out of control. You pathologically lie about me in post after post while accusing me of doing that. Seek help, friend. You're losing it.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5896 Aug 23, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? That's enough? That's all the training you got?
Come back when you can be serious. Your emotions have gotten the better of you.
My emotions are fully in check (unlike you leftist turds who demand new gun control laws every time an accident happens). Of course I have had other training such as obtaining the right sight picture, breathing control, etc. But that has NOTHING to do with how to handle a firearm safely. That has to do with accuracy. And yes I was being overly simplistic for a reason. And that reason is because that is all you need to understand about safe firearm handling. If one was to follow those very SIMPLE RULES, a firearm accident WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5897 Aug 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
Here is a quote from Ronald Reagan that pretty much says it all.....
"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions."
- Ronald Reagan -
BTW - You act like this is some powerful revelation even though nobody disagrees with this statement or tries to argue with it.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5898 Aug 23, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
I've asked over and over and over for solutions from you gunners and none of you has offered any.
And in the fact of reasonable suggestions from other people, all you do is point out how unworkable or un-American they are.
In light of these facts, it is a perfectly reaonable, logical conclusion that you support doing nothing.
But as I have said before - many times - please list the regulations you'd support to reduce gun violence. You said before that you support regulation, but you've consistently refused to name even one.
I believe that's because you support doing nothing and you've said nothing to disprove that belief (except a meaningless blanket denial with nothing to support it).
Tell me about this "law that is directed at the law breakers and doesn't infringe on the law abiding." What law would that be? Can you describe it? Or is that just more hot air designed to dodge the issue?
Here a good regulation to kick it off. How about keeping violent criminals looked up behind bars until they are no longer a threat to the general public. With a recividism rate of over 50% for violent thugs, that would be an EXCELLENT place to start. In fact....let's do that for the mentally ill who are a danger to themselves and others as well.

Sound good?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5899 Aug 23, 2013
Squach wrote:
<quoted text>No there have been several, I just got tired of repeating them every time you dodged answering them. You refused to acknowledge them the first 3 or 4 times they were asked so now you go back and find them ( like you really don't remember the questions....LMAO!) for yourself. You haven't answered because the factual answer contradicts your propaganda. For me to repeat them again would just be a waste of time, you will never answer them truthfully.
So nothing?

That's what I thought.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5900 Aug 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
What about what I stated was paranoid. You are describing more legislation to control who can and can't have access to firearms which will be completely IGNORED by criminals who already have MILLIONS of firearms in their possession, and will only be followed by the law-abiding citizens. It will be creating more hoops they have to jump through just to exercise an inherent right, and based on the unfortunate tragedy of a handful of incidents every year.
Now tell me that is NOT what you are advocating.
That is NOT what I am advocating.

What are YOU advocating? Doing nothing? Do you have some suggestions or is all you're capable of is standing on the sidelines and criticizing everything everyone else suggests?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5901 Aug 23, 2013
St. Louis girl, 15, killed by brother who found shotgun in home, police say

ST. LOUIS • A 20-year-old man with mental disabilities apparently accidentally shot and killed his 15-year-old sister Thursday afternoon in St. Louis, police say.

The man told police he didn’t know the gun was real, according to authorities.

St. Louis Police Lt. John Green said that the man and his family moved into a home in the 4600 block of San Francisco Avenue a few days ago, and that the man had found a shotgun — spray-painted gold — hidden behind a dresser. The gun belonged to a friend of the family and was there when the family moved in, Green said. The shooter’s mother told police she had tried to hide the shotgun.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-...

----------

The gunners just shrug and walk away because there's nothing that could have possibly prevented this.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#5902 Aug 23, 2013
Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Here a good regulation to kick it off. How about keeping violent criminals looked up behind bars until they are no longer a threat to the general public. With a recividism rate of over 50% for violent thugs, that would be an EXCELLENT place to start. In fact....let's do that for the mentally ill who are a danger to themselves and others as well.
Sound good?
How do you propose making violent criminals "no longer a threat to the general public?" Will just living in a cell accomplish that or will it take some sort of rehabilitation?

We stopped locking up mentally ill people 50 years ago and the violent crime rate has decreased. Your proposal makes no rational sense.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5903 Aug 23, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
St. Louis girl, 15, killed by brother who found shotgun in home, police say
ST. LOUIS • A 20-year-old man with mental disabilities apparently accidentally shot and killed his 15-year-old sister Thursday afternoon in St. Louis, police say.
The man told police he didn’t know the gun was real, according to authorities.
St. Louis Police Lt. John Green said that the man and his family moved into a home in the 4600 block of San Francisco Avenue a few days ago, and that the man had found a shotgun — spray-painted gold — hidden behind a dresser. The gun belonged to a friend of the family and was there when the family moved in, Green said. The shooter’s mother told police she had tried to hide the shotgun.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-...
----------
The gunners just shrug and walk away because there's nothing that could have possibly prevented this.
So blame the mother for leaving the gun where her mentally ill son could find it. What legislation would have prevented this?

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

#5904 Aug 23, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you just can't stop trying your mind reading trick even though it never works and makes you look like a complete idiot. I've never said anything like that, and you know it.
Your Freudian projection is out of control. You pathologically lie about me in post after post while accusing me of doing that. Seek help, friend. You're losing it.
Hey Danny Boy! I was talking about you not to you. So now you're going to attempt to project your projection on to others as well? Isn't that a bit redundant.....even for you? ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

#5905 Aug 23, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you propose making violent criminals "no longer a threat to the general public?" Will just living in a cell accomplish that or will it take some sort of rehabilitation?
We stopped locking up mentally ill people 50 years ago and the violent crime rate has decreased. Your proposal makes no rational sense.
By leaving them locked up until they are no longer violent or dead. PERIOD. How exactly do you plan on rehabbing someone who is a violent criminal???

And are suggesting alink between releasing the mentall ill and crime rates going down???

And my proposal makes PERFECT sense. If some people are a danger to the general public, put them in a place where they will NOT be a danger to the public. I can't explain it any simpler than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police: Beware of bogus bucks Sep 1 Fait 1
Talk of the Sound Exclusive: President Obama Co... Aug 29 stenbrian333 1
Wayne Meddaugh seeks office for Clerk of Superi... Jul '14 Alex Harris 1
Multiple Hess Gas Stations Hit By Skimmers Jul '14 Lio 13
Restaurant operator P.F. Chang's confirms credi... Jun '14 carey529 1
Greenfield woman could be facing fe... Jun '14 Hassan al Madji 8
Survey: Cybercrime on the rise May '14 commentard 1
•••

US Secret Service People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••