Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments (Page 264)

Showing posts 5,261 - 5,280 of11,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you have it completely backwards as usual. Projection will do that to ya. You were proving my point that you lie, project, fabricate data, and avoid answering pertinent questions. So.......thank YOU for being such a predictable loser.
Still waiting for some proof of these accusations.

Anything?

Anything at all?

LOL!

Of course not. Just more blanket, unsubstantiated accusations.

“Si vis pacem, para bellum !!”

Since: Dec 07

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
And even responsible people trying to train other people to be responsible still shoot people...
And you, in your finite wisdom, believe it is possible to pass some sort of legislation that will prevent things like this from happening or at least reduce them, huh?{snicker}

Please, pray tell, what could possibly prevent ACCIDENTS form happening without completely banning firearms.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

<quoted text>
You cannot legislate personal responsibility. But you can legislate access to guns so that irresponsible people can do less damage.
And who determines who is responsible and who isn't? You?

LMAO!!!!

Again....how do you legislatate responsibility???

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

<quoted text>
You can't legislate common sense either. But you can legislate access to guns so that people without common sense can do less damage.
And who determines who has common sense? You???

LMAO!!!

Are you going to have your congressman develop some kind of "common sense" exam in order to exercise a right?

How exactly would that work??

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And you, in your finite wisdom, believe it is possible to pass some sort of legislation that will prevent things like this from happening or at least reduce them, huh?{snicker}
Please, pray tell, what could possibly prevent ACCIDENTS form happening without completely banning firearms.
Nothing will prevent accidents from happening. But there are certainly laws that would reduce the opportunity for accidents to happen and bring down the death rate.

But you advocate doing nothing at all, right? Most of the gun deaths in this country are a good thing or completely unpreventable, so the status quo is just fine with you, right?

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

<quoted text>
I wasn't playing a game. I was asking a question. Evidently that's not what you believe. You could have just said so.
But by dismissing preventable deaths by simply saying, "You can't legislate common sense," you are certainly implying that there's nothing to be done.
And I wouldn't propose such legislation. In fact I believe I just said that you can't legislate common sense, didn't I?
You state that he is implying that nothing that can be done, and in the next breath you agree that you can't legislate common sense (which is true). So WTF are you talking about if not outright banning gun posession by the law-abiding in order to prevent ACCIDENTS???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And who determines who is responsible and who isn't? You?
LMAO!!!!
Again....how do you legislatate responsibility???
If a country was serious about reducing the number of gun deaths, they could require training, competency testing, and regular practice in order to buy guns. Accidents would obviously still happen, but with mandatory competency testing on a regular basis, the number would go down.

That's one idea. Do you have any, or are you fine with the status quo 32,000 fellow citizens shot dead every year?

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nothing will prevent accidents from happening. But there are certainly laws that would reduce the opportunity for accidents to happen and bring down the death rate.
Such as???

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
You state that he is implying that nothing that can be done, and in the next breath you agree that you can't legislate common sense (which is true). So WTF are you talking about if not outright banning gun posession by the law-abiding in order to prevent ACCIDENTS???
You can't legislate intelligence or common sense.

You CAN legislate gun ownership.

I've already said this. You're being deliberately obtuse now.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
If a country was serious about reducing the number of gun deaths, they could require training, competency testing, and regular practice in order to buy guns. Accidents would obviously still happen, but with mandatory competency testing on a regular basis, the number would go down.
That's one idea. Do you have any, or are you fine with the status quo 32,000 fellow citizens shot dead every year?
The ONLY part I will agree with in your above statement is EDUCATION. Competency testing and mandatory practice.....no f-ing way. Who detemines who is/isn't competent, or what is the required amount of practice? BOTH of those would open the door to excessive regulation by the feds in order to exercise an inherent right to self-defense with an effective weapon. We already have WAAAAY too much regulation as it is. And the education should be started YOUNG, such as the Eddie Eagle Program taught in middle schools.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
You can't legislate intelligence or common sense.
You CAN legislate gun ownership.
I've already said this. You're being deliberately obtuse now.
So you long to live in a police state where the govt decides who can and can't effectively protect themselves. May your chains wear lightly, subject.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
The ONLY part I will agree with in your above statement is EDUCATION. Competency testing and mandatory practice.....no f-ing way. Who detemines who is/isn't competent, or what is the required amount of practice? BOTH of those would open the door to excessive regulation by the feds in order to exercise an inherent right to self-defense with an effective weapon. We already have WAAAAY too much regulation as it is. And the education should be started YOUNG, such as the Eddie Eagle Program taught in middle schools.
Who determines competency for ANYTHING? Come on - we have competency testing in virtually area of life where lack of skill can result in injury or death. And there experts who can (and do) assess the skill level needed to do those things safely.

Do you deny that there are experts who can assess competency in handling and shooting guns? I know you don't. So why act like you can't understand how such a thing would be possible. You aren't being serious - you're being reactionary.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
So you long to live in a police state where the govt decides who can and can't effectively protect themselves. May your chains wear lightly, subject.
Nope, I don't.

But keep flailing away at that strawman. It's what you do best.

LOL!

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Nope, I don't.
But keep flailing away at that strawman. It's what you do best.
LOL!
BULLSHIT!

Because that is EXACTLY what you are describing.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Still waiting for some proof of these accusations.
Anything?
Anything at all?
LOL!
Of course not. Just more blanket, unsubstantiated accusations.
You just posted it! No attempt to address the questions asked of you, hollow nervous laughter, veiled accusation, arrogant condescension, it's all right there in your post. Thank you once again for being such a predictable loser.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Who determines competency for ANYTHING? Come on - we have competency testing in virtually area of life where lack of skill can result in injury or death. And there experts who can (and do) assess the skill level needed to do those things safely.
Do you deny that there are experts who can assess competency in handling and shooting guns? I know you don't. So why act like you can't understand how such a thing would be possible. You aren't being serious - you're being reactionary.
And how much training do you need to know that (looking at a picture of a gun) this is the part where you hold it. The part that can kill you, or anything you point the gun at, comes out of the end with the hole in it. And this little curved thing underneath makes the bullet come out of the end with the hole in it when you squeeze it? And don't look down the hole or point it at anything you don't want to shoot.

Training done.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
But you advocate doing nothing at all, right? Most of the gun deaths in this country are a good thing or completely unpreventable, so the status quo is just fine with you, right?
I see you just can't stop trying your mind reading trick even though it never works and makes you look like a complete idiot. I follow this thread regularly and I don't recall ever seeing the person you're responding to say anything about "doing nothing" about gun violence. So evidently what you're trying to say is that the choices are your way...the infringement and abrogation of EVERYBODY'S rights or "doing nothing". How about a law that is directed at the law breakers and doesn't infringe on the law abiding? WOW! What a concept, eh? Of course that wouldn't fit in with you comprehensive plan to disarm the American people, would it?
FormerParatroope r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I wasn't playing a game. I was asking a question. Evidently that's not what you believe. You could have just said so.
But by dismissing preventable deaths by simply saying, "You can't legislate common sense," you are certainly implying that there's nothing to be done.
And I wouldn't propose such legislation. In fact I believe I just said that you can't legislate common sense, didn't I?
That's not dismissing those deaths. It was a statement of fact.
If there was a way to issue common sense to people, I would be all for it.
You seem to imply there is a way to prevent people without common sense to have firearms. What I am asking is how it can be done.
FormerParatroope r

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
So it's just punishment with no higher purpose? Does that apply to accidents too? They are due to irresponsible actions, so anybody who accidentally kills someone deserves death?
And why hanging? Nobody hangs anyone anymore.
It is punishment for taking life.

One could argue this particular shooting was an accident. It was preventable. If your actions lead to the death of another and those actions were preventable, you are fully responsible for the results.

Hanging was a a thought. I don't care if it is by lethal injection, a firing squad, gas chamber or electric chair, the penalty should be death.

You should know by now I believe in the concept of personal responsibility, I live it, breathe it and expect it. If I were the one who created the situation that killed an innocent due to my actions, I expect to be held accountable the same way.

Southeast Virginia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Cops: Toddler killed by grandfather near Lilburn
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Little Deandre Vega hadn’t reached his second birthday. But he was the victim of a deadly argument between family members, Gwinnett County police said Wednesday.
Deandre, 23 months old, of Norcross, was shot and killed Tuesday night, allegedly by his grandfather, Cpl. Jake Smith said. The toddler was not the intended victim, Smith said.
“At this time, we don’t think he intended to actually shoot that child,” Smith said at the scene Tuesday night.“But we do believe he was trying to shoot someone else that was here.”
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/child-3-critical...
----------
And all the gunners just shrug and continue arguing against any efforts to prevent this sort of thing...
My wife was on the jury of a very similar case about five years ago. Two idiots got into an argument at a party. One idiot goes to his car and retrieves a handgun and commences to shooting the other guy five times. His intended victim didn't die, but his best friend who caught the stray bullet did. Said idiot got 65 years in the pokey for his troubles. A just dessert.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,261 - 5,280 of11,018
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••