Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Comments (Page 263)

Showing posts 5,241 - 5,260 of11,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as???
<quoted text>
I have NEVER made ANY such claim, liar.
<quoted text>
You CANNOT save people from themselves. If they truly want to off themselves, their isn't a damn thing you can do to stop it. And since well over 1 million people/year attempt suicide, I would believe that those that use a gun to do it REALLY wanted it to happen. And please present your evidence that shows that these 19,000+ people were all mentally ill. And statistics have shown that of the 12,664 murders committed in 2011 (8,583 by firearm), over 80% of them were criminals killing other criminals....A GOOD THING!
That 32,000 number also includes self-defense shootings, and shootings by cops on perps.
So basically.....your 32,000 gun deaths per year is YOUR strawman that you keep flaunting to bolster your bullshit claims, when in all actuality it is intellectually DISHONEST.
We've already had this debate months ago, remember?

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-thomas-pa/...

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-thomas-pa/...

I can post it all again if you want, but the fact is that I've already shredded this bogus argument point by point.

Like I said - you're evidently completely comfortable with 32,000 dead fellow citizens every year. Otherwise you'd be presenting possible solutions instead of sabotaging every effort to address the problem.
FormerParatroope r

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
4-Year-Old Michigan Boy Dead After Shooting Himself In The Head
A 4-year-old boy died Sunday in Michigan after suffering a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the head, the Detroit News reported.
Police were called to a Dundee, Mich. home, where they attempted to treat the boy. He was pronounced dead Sunday evening at a hospital in Ann Arbor, Mich.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/4...
----------
And the gunners say, "Too bad, so sad. My convenience is more important than any effort to address this."
Again, another tragedy created by a lack of common sense.

This incident is why I urge people to secure their firearms properly. And not only firearms, but chemicals, sharp objects. And to place covers on electrical outlets. These are common sense measures to ensure your child's safety in the home. You can create a law to make these things mandatory, it will not work. It is personal responsibility and common sense that cannot be legislated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
And what piece of legislation could have prevented this from happening???
As I have said, no single piece of legislation will address all situations. But these kinds of tragedies could be dramatically reduced if we were serious about preventing them.

But your convenience outweighs your concern for dead kids. You'd respond with outrage and excused for ANY proposed solution to the problem.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Armed Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
What type of legislation can you pass that will ENSURE/GUARANTEE personal responsibility by the parents???(There are already laws on the books against child endangerment, and they STILL did NOT prevent this tragedy from happening did they?)
You cannot legislate personal responsibility. But you can legislate access to guns so that irresponsible people can do less damage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
What legislation or action would negate the lack of commen sense that created this tragedy?
Imho, the grandfather should be hung.
You can't legislate common sense either. But you can legislate access to guns so that people without common sense can do less damage.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
This incident is why I urge people to secure their firearms properly. And not only firearms, but chemicals, sharp objects. And to place covers on electrical outlets. These are common sense measures to ensure your child's safety in the home. You can create a law to make these things mandatory, it will not work. It is personal responsibility and common sense that cannot be legislated.
See my post above.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
So the senseless shooting of kids is just something we all have to live with? There's nothing to do about it? It's just the cost of having the 2nd Amendment?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

And even responsible people trying to train other people to be responsible still shoot people...

----------

Ohio Man Accidentally Shot During Concealed Carry Course

A man was shot in the arm by an instructor during a concealed carry course Saturday night in Lancaster, Ohio, the Lancaster Eagle Gazette reported.

Michael Piemonte, 26, told the newspaper that he was attending his first ever concealed carry course when the instructor's gun discharged while demonstrating where a person could keep his or her weapon. He said the bullet ricocheted off a desk before lodging in his right arm.

Piemonte said three registered nurses were present in the class and provided medical assistance until an ambulance arrived.

Fairfield County Sheriff Dave Phalen told the Eagle Gazette that the shooting was accidental and the investigation remained ongoing. Piemonte declined to tell the newspaper if he would press charges.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/o...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
Imho, the grandfather should be hung.
I'm curious why you think that.

Do you think hanging him would prevent other people from doing the same thing?

Or is would it strictly be a punishment?

Do you think he's not already suffering? That he isn't going to suffer with the knowledge that he killed his grandson for the rest of his life?

And isn't that worse than dying?

What would be the value of hanging him? What purpose would that serve?

This incident makes me furious too. I'm just trying to understand why you think hanging him would be a good thing.

“HUNTING RIGHTS ADVOCATE”

Since: Oct 08

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

<quoted text>
Fixed that for you.
Coward.
So now you resort to rewriting the posts of others to support your filthy lies? Can't say I'm surprised. That's a tactic that has long been used by idiots on the lunatic fringe when they are hopelessly losing a debate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>So now you resort to rewriting the posts of others to support your filthy lies? Can't say I'm surprised. That's a tactic that has long been used by idiots on the lunatic fringe when they are hopelessly losing a debate.
I'm hardly losing the debate. Just the opposite in fact.

I have refuted every one of your arguments with objective facts.

I have answered every one of your questions.

Meanwhile you continue to post debunked nonsense, dodge my questions, and still haven't shown a single instance of my telling a lie (while continuing to call me a liar).

Your desperate flailing is obvious. This post is just another in a long line of diversions and dodges to avoid engaging in honest debate.

But it's hugely entertaining watching you fail with such clueless arrogance. LMAO!

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I'm hardly losing the debate. Just the opposite in fact.
I have refuted every one of your arguments with objective facts.
I have answered every one of your questions.
Meanwhile you continue to post debunked nonsense, dodge my questions, and still haven't shown a single instance of my telling a lie (while continuing to call me a liar).
Your desperate flailing is obvious. This post is just another in a long line of diversions and dodges to avoid engaging in honest debate.
But it's hugely entertaining watching you fail with such clueless arrogance. LMAO!
You delude yourself so well.

The debunked nonsense is all yours. Like gun control even comes close to preventing anything. That's been debunked so many times that it's now in reruns on TV Land. Try again Dan the little man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>You delude yourself so well.
The debunked nonsense is all yours. Like gun control even comes close to preventing anything. That's been debunked so many times that it's now in reruns on TV Land. Try again Dan the little man.
Hilarious!

Thank you.

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

<quoted text>
Hilarious!
Thank you.
Don't thank me......the joke's on you.

Try again Danny Boy.......
FormerParatroope r

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

<quoted text>
So the senseless shooting of kids is just something we all have to live with? There's nothing to do about it? It's just the cost of having the 2nd Amendment?
Don't try that game, that is not what I said or implied.
Tell me, what legislation would you propose that would determine who has common sense? Be specific.
FormerParatroope r

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

<quoted text>
I'm curious why you think that.
Do you think hanging him would prevent other people from doing the same thing?
Or is would it strictly be a punishment?
Do you think he's not already suffering? That he isn't going to suffer with the knowledge that he killed his grandson for the rest of his life?
And isn't that worse than dying?
What would be the value of hanging him? What purpose would that serve?
This incident makes me furious too. I'm just trying to understand why you think hanging him would be a good thing.
He took the life of a innocent child due to irresponsible action. Anyone who kills the innocent due to irresponsible action deserves death.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't try that game, that is not what I said or implied.
Tell me, what legislation would you propose that would determine who has common sense? Be specific.
I wasn't playing a game. I was asking a question. Evidently that's not what you believe. You could have just said so.

But by dismissing preventable deaths by simply saying, "You can't legislate common sense," you are certainly implying that there's nothing to be done.

And I wouldn't propose such legislation. In fact I believe I just said that you can't legislate common sense, didn't I?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

FormerParatrooper wrote:
<quoted text>
He took the life of a innocent child due to irresponsible action. Anyone who kills the innocent due to irresponsible action deserves death.
So it's just punishment with no higher purpose? Does that apply to accidents too? They are due to irresponsible actions, so anybody who accidentally kills someone deserves death?

And why hanging? Nobody hangs anyone anymore.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Squach wrote:
<quoted text>Don't thank me......the joke's on you.
Try again Danny Boy.......
I was thanking you for proving my point.

And for entertaining me with your clueless arrogance.

LOL!

Boggy Creek

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

<quoted text>
I was thanking you for proving my point.
And for entertaining me with your clueless arrogance.
LOL!
Actually you have it completely backwards as usual. Projection will do that to ya. You were proving my point that you lie, project, fabricate data, and avoid answering pertinent questions. So.......thank YOU for being such a predictable loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 5,241 - 5,260 of11,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••