Firearms rally scheduled for Chambersburg's square

Mar 29, 2013 Full story: Chambersburg Public Opinion 11,004

Two local organizations are hosting a Second Amendment Freedom Rally on from noone to 2 p.m. April 6 on Courthouse Plaza in downtown Chambersburg.

Full Story
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5333 Aug 8, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, I've repeatedly posted FBI statistics disproving your lame-assed argument.
Grow up. Accept the facts. Stop being a mindless gun industry dupe.
I love how you dodge every point I raise by an insult. The first sign of a low IQ and a lost debate. Ha ha ha.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5334 Aug 8, 2013
Surveys conducted prior to Kleck’s found gun uses in self-defense to range from 800,000 to 2.5 million each year. A U.S. Department of Justice Survey released in 1994,“Guns in America,” estimated that 1.5 million defensive gun uses each year.
Remember this is a government survey.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5335 Aug 8, 2013
The rate of burglaries at occupied homes (“hot” burglaries) in Great Britain and the Netherlands is 45%, compared to a rate of 13% in the U.S.
Yet more REAL numbers proving guns deter criminals.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5336 Aug 8, 2013
Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense. According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense with a firearm every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America"—a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5337 Aug 8, 2013
More guns, less crime. In the decade of the 1990s, the number of guns in this country increased by roughly 40 million—even while the murder rate decreased by almost 40% percent.7 Accidental gun deaths in the home decreased by almost 40 percent as well.
More REAL numbers not surveys. NOTICE "murder rate" not the homicide rate which you try to mislead with.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5338 Aug 8, 2013
CDC admits there is no evidence that gun control reduces crime. The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) has long been criticized for propagating questionable studies which gun control organizations have used in defense of their cause. But after analyzing 51 studies in 2003, the CDC concluded that the "evidence was insufficient to determine the effectiveness of any of these [firearms] laws."
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5339 Aug 8, 2013
A study claiming "guns are three times more likely to kill you than help you" is a total fraud. Even using the low figures from the Clinton Justice Department, firearms are used almost 50 times more often to save life than to take life.

Your "Brady group" proven to lie.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5340 Aug 8, 2013
Gun-free England not such a utopia after all. According to the BBC News, handgun crime in the United Kingdom rose by 40% in the two years after it passed its gun ban in 1997. And according to a United Nations study, British citizens are more likely to become a victim of crime than are people in the United States. The 2000 report shows that the crime rate in England is higher than the crime rates of 16 other industrialized nations, including the United States.
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5341 Aug 8, 2013
Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606). Only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The ‘error rate’ for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5342 Aug 8, 2013
Florida: concealed carry helps slash the murder rate in the state. In the fifteen years following the passage of Florida's concealed carry law in 1987, over 800,000 permits to carry firearms were issued to people in the state. FBI reports show that the homicide rate in Florida, which in 1987 was much higher than the national average, fell 52% during that 15-year period—thus putting the Florida rate below the national average
Tray

Saltillo, MS

#5343 Aug 8, 2013
During the first fifteen years that the Florida law was in effect, alligator attacks outpaced the number of crimes committed by carry holders by a 229 to 155 margin.

And even the 155 "crimes" committed by concealed carry permit holders are somewhat misleading as most of these infractions resulted from Floridians who accidentally carried their firearms into restricted areas, such as an airport.

Since: May 12

Chambersburg, PA

#5344 Aug 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Again every source you used was maybe could be might. THAT has been pointed out. Brady is NOT ligit.
No it isn't. Your embarrassing ignorance of statistical analysis is making you look foolish.

Chambersburg, PA

#5345 Aug 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text>Ass out of you and me. Lott used the same method. Like I posted before surveys are often tainted to get the results wanted by wording or innuendo. Real world numbers (as posted) don't match your survey.
No matter how fervently you wish this to be true, it simply isn't. You believe objectively false things in service of your political ideology.

Chambersburg, PA

#5346 Aug 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> I love how you dodge every point I raise by an insult. The first sign of a low IQ and a lost debate. Ha ha ha.
You're not raising a legitimate point. You're simply mindlessly parroting the same old nonsense that I've debunked multiple times.

I've thoroughly debunked your biased, distorted sources. I've explained the facts to you. I've provided objective, empirical evidence to support those facts. And you continue to deny reality.

You've clearly decided that you're going to refuse to acknowledge facts and reality in favor of your political ideologically driven alternate reality. It's impossible to continue trying to have rational debate with you when you've decided to ignore reality.

Chambersburg, PA

#5347 Aug 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Oh really? Explain gun ownership going up but violent crime going down. The FBI numbers PROVE gun ownership IS linked to lower violent crime rates. You want homicide rate like self defense linked to criminal activity. That is an out right lie.
Explain beer drinking going down and violent crime going down at the same time.

Because the link between the two is JUST as strong as the link between gun ownership and violent crime, so until you can explain that connection, your connection is just as meaningless.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#5348 Aug 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Instead of the old "insult" try debating with facts.
Facts don't make a dent on you, Shug.

You just move the goalposts.

Location hidden

#5349 Aug 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
<quoted text> Oh really? Explain gun ownership going up but violent crime going down.
More people are in prison for longer time.

The population is getting older.

Drug use is going down.

Explain why you cannot prove a connection.

There is no connection.

Let me help: the percentage of households owning guns ISN'T increasing: more guns are sold to people who already own guns.

Location hidden

#5350 Aug 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
And even the 155 "crimes" committed by concealed carry permit holders are somewhat misleading...
Indeed: you don't have the foggiest idea how many crimes are committed by carry permit holders because crimes are not specifically recorded.

They aren't required... so they aren't.

And, in fact, some states prohibit this information to be disseminated.

Location hidden

#5351 Aug 8, 2013
Dan the Man Chambersburg wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain beer drinking going down and violent crime going down at the same time.
The recorded criminal behaviors dropping as Toyota Prius sales increase...

Location hidden

#5352 Aug 8, 2013
Tray wrote:
And even the 155 "crimes" committed by concealed carry permit holders are somewhat misleading as most of these infractions resulted from Floridians who accidentally carried their firearms into restricted areas, such as an airport.
PS: Plagiarized.

So this would be a crime...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secret Service Panel: Build Bigger Fence Around... Dec 19 Sunshine 2
Street Artist SABO Blasts Lena Dunham, Bill Cli... Dec 8 Anonymous 1
Guard fired after Obama visit: I'm not a convict Nov '14 SirPrize 6
Gainer Mooted as Next Secret Service Director Nov '14 Le Jimbo 25
Police: Obama faced threats during Indiana visit Oct '14 nightcruiser49 1
Secret Service director faces grilling over sec... Oct '14 Mr Johnson 139
Another Secret Service SNAFU: Fake congressman ... Oct '14 Bama Yankee 1
More from around the web