Iran Leader Denied on WTC Wreath Request

Full story: The Associated Press

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad asked permission to lay a wreath at the World Trade Center site when he comes to New York City next week, but the request was denied, a police official said Wednesday.
Comments
1 - 20 of 836 Comments Last updated Oct 14, 2007
First Prev
of 42
Next Last
badacal3

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

let him speak his piece at the u.n. and then send that sucker home. quickly.
GLH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

So he can go home and laugh and make a big play out of it?? No Thanks!!!
The way I see it

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

It would be interesting to know his motive for wanting to visit this place.Could it be for photo op for propaganda purposes.I don't trust this man.He has said he wants to wipe Israel off the map,& truth be known,he'd like to do the same with us.I think by him visiting there, would be an insult to me if I had lost family members there.He certainly does not represent any of the things our country stands for.
Daniel

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

GLH wrote:
So he can go home and laugh and make a big play out of it?? No Thanks!!!
You are so....RIGHT!
Matthew Arnold from MI

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Do Persians and Arabs lay wreaths? Not to familiar.

I'm going to catch heat from this one.

Oh well.

Let me take out the tallie sheet...

How many Irainian hijackers where there? Hmmm.

I'm willing the bet the goverment would allow the Prince or other rep. from the Saudi goverment lay a wreath.

Makes you think.

ANywo.. Perhaps it is just for security concern on the part of Iran. If I saw the guy in the street, I'd probably kick him in the the sack a few times.
ytb

Butler, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

I would say that he is not welcome in the U.S. less long at ground zero.
OMG

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

purely propaganda...but he's playing his cards right. more mistakes bush makes, the more the world scoffs at us. ahmedinejad (sp?) outside to outsiders will just look like someone who was denied a gesture of goodwill. washington should try to spin this favorably instead of coming out with the whole "axis of evil" crap. we're starting to look like whiny little kids.
Reddog

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Photo op? Well just maybe.. Let's see the headline..(translated from Iranian to English, for all of us that can't read Iranian)

President Ahmadinejad Lays Wreath in Remberance of the Brave Freedom Fighters that Lost their lives bringing down the Twin Towers in the name of Allah!

The Iranians and all those other peaceful muslim extremists would have it plastered on their news for weeks...

I'm glad someone somewhere had the common sense to deny him the op. Lets hope some bleeding heart liberal doesn't stick their two cents in and let him do it anyway... That would be an insult to every family that lost a loved one on 9-11-01 and in the war after & to all the service men/women now everywhere..

Lastly... I agree with M.A. from MI. the guy needs to be kicked in the sack...
Reddog

Since: May 07

Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Laying a wreath will not bring those people that died back nor will it erase that horrible day. Tell him to keep his wreath and then keep the PEACE!!
Steve In Texas

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

This is merely a publicity stunt...who could possibly think otherwise?

I agree with badacal3...let him speak at the UN
and send him home...quick.
paul

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

too much posturing by the administration and not enough rational dialog
U morons

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

There was not even ONE highjackers from Iran, so as Matthew Arnold from MI pointed out correctly.

“Taqiyya, salt and lime”

Since: Apr 07

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

U morons wrote:
There was not even ONE highjackers from Iran, so as Matthew Arnold from MI pointed out correctly.
You are too young to remember the hostage crisis, but go to youtube and look up mahmoud and his great death to America rallies, and the 15 UK soldiers... and... oh, you're voting for kucinich? nevermind.
ACB

San Josť, Costa Rica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Look Japan can and do lay wreaths all long at Pearl Harbor
Why should this be any different
This is a free country
I can lay a wreath
And so can you
Its this attitude that has the United States hated across the planet!!!!

“prepaidlegal.com /hub/todd93”

Since: Sep 07

Orangeburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Ya, I trust this fool??? If you actually trust this fool, I want to know if your mother has any other idiots at home?

I call this 'wreath' desire a real desire to mark a Terrorist Target!

“All power to the people.”

Since: Mar 07

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Capitalist Infidel wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too young to remember the hostage crisis, but go to youtube and look up mahmoud and his great death to America rallies, and the 15 UK soldiers... and... oh, you're voting for kucinich? nevermind.
And you are too young to remember when the CIA overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran and installed the Shah.
tom

Shelby, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

ACB wrote:
Look Japan can and do lay wreaths all long at Pearl Harbor
Why should this be any different
This is a free country
I can lay a wreath
And so can you
Its this attitude that has the United States hated across the planet!!!!
Yeah, they were able to lay a wreath at Pearl Harbor, after we defeated them.
tom

Shelby, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

CitizenX wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are too young to remember when the CIA overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran and installed the Shah.
Why don't you go kiss this little fanatic, Mr. I hate America.
oookkk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

people are so ignorant. The highjackers' friends are fighting the iranians. They have nothing to do with this but we just have to cry about it because they are foriegn. And not christians. It probaly is for publicity, but so is Bush visiting New Orleans. Did we all rant about that the same. They are not our enemy if they try so hard to be our friends. They want the American public to not see them as enemies. Is that so bad? To the guy talking about Isreal, they live in just as much fear of Isreal as it lives in of them. Stop talking that one sided BS. He can't lay a wreath because he is a muslim? And here i am thinkng all men are created equal. We are just trying to piss of the whole middle east. If they had common sense, they would unite against us. Good for us they don't. I hate religious people because they are the biggest sinners of all. And the people of small towns remain the same. Hicks with big trucks that hate everything that is not white and christian.
oookkk

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2007

Everything changed... but the south.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 42
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••