Ala. teacher uses assassination examp...

Ala. teacher uses assassination example in class

There are 30 comments on the The York Daily Record story from May 18, 2010, titled Ala. teacher uses assassination example in class. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A Jefferson County geometry teacher was investigated by the Secret Service after he used a hypothetical assassination of President Barack Obama as a way to teach geometric angles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike on the North East

El Paso, TX

#21 Jun 17, 2010
terry wrote:
forget bill cosby. if im going to look up to anybody its going to malcolm x
How can you say "forget" about a man who has preached for the longest time that Blacks need to get out of the ghetto and stop with the "woe is me" sentiments about past wrongs (Morgan Freeman does the same thing)?
Yet look up to Malcom X which yes he pushed hard during the civil rights era. But the man pushed some of the most racist beliefs I can think of off hand, and worked AGAINST the fight against racial segregation by promoting a full out segregated "blacks only" country. ANd I wont even touch the Nation of Islam or how he called Dr. Martin Luther a "chump".
There is alot more out there but im sorry heis someone to look at historically but not someone I'd want my son looking up to.
Honestly would you want your kids looking up to Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Castro, Che etc?

Im sorry but Id rather my boy grow up looking up to Cosby, Freeman, King etc etc than someone in the hiphop world.
Mike on the North East

El Paso, TX

#22 Jun 17, 2010
I am also aware of his work after his trip to Mecca.
But it is very hard to ones past behind them at times.
terry

Birmingham, AL

#23 Jun 17, 2010
Mike on the North East wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you say "forget" about a man who has preached for the longest time that Blacks need to get out of the ghetto and stop with the "woe is me" sentiments about past wrongs (Morgan Freeman does the same thing)?
Yet look up to Malcom X which yes he pushed hard during the civil rights era. But the man pushed some of the most racist beliefs I can think of off hand, and worked AGAINST the fight against racial segregation by promoting a full out segregated "blacks only" country. ANd I wont even touch the Nation of Islam or how he called Dr. Martin Luther a "chump".
There is alot more out there but im sorry heis someone to look at historically but not someone I'd want my son looking up to.
Honestly would you want your kids looking up to Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Castro, Che etc?
Im sorry but Id rather my boy grow up looking up to Cosby, Freeman, King etc etc than someone in the hiphop world.
yes malcolm did say and do all those things before his trip to mecca. it was there though that he changed his beliefs on issues in america. he no longer believed in the separation of races but that blacks had to help blacks before whites could help blacks. the change he underwent is what people disregard and they look solely at his beliefs in the beginning. i see a man who was able to admit he was wrong and start a new path.
its easy for anybody to preach,i can do that. if you can't relate to someone more than likely the message isn't going to heard. to me i saw the bill cosby show and people born with a spoon in their mouth.
and hiphop is not the cause of the decline in america. if you teach you children that is not real, censor you child in you house. you give them values, whats the bill deal. i listen to rap everyday. 99% of it now is BS to me but i understood at an early age that it was entertainment.hiphop is no worse than an action movie, you been raised off sex and violence since looney toons
Mike on the North East

El Paso, TX

#24 Jun 17, 2010
terry wrote:
<quoted text>yes malcolm did say and do all those things before his trip to mecca. it was there though that he changed his beliefs on issues in america. he no longer believed in the separation of races but that blacks had to help blacks before whites could help blacks. the change he underwent is what people disregard and they look solely at his beliefs in the beginning. i see a man who was able to admit he was wrong and start a new path.
its easy for anybody to preach,i can do that. if you can't relate to someone more than likely the message isn't going to heard.
As I said I am aware of his change of views after mecca.
terry wrote:
<quoted text>
to me i saw the bill cosby show and people born with a spoon in their mouth.
DOn't base his life around a TV show. His mother was a maid and his father was in the military. He busted his butt to get where he was, and surely had no silver spoon in his mouth.
terry wrote:
<quoted text>
and hiphop is not the cause of the decline in america. if you teach you children that is not real, censor you child in you house. you give them values, whats the bill deal. i listen to rap everyday. 99% of it now is BS to me but i understood at an early age that it was entertainment.hiphop is no worse than an action movie, you been raised off sex and violence since looney toons
I never said hiphop was a cause, I was saying that having your kids look up to them as a role model is a bad idea (a part of those values you speak of). I still listen to "old school" rap back when the "4 elements of hip hop" actually existed. At that time the songs spoke of something important....now a days not so much.
terry

Birmingham, AL

#25 Jun 17, 2010
Mike on the North East wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said I am aware of his change of views after mecca.
<quoted text>
DOn't base his life around a TV show. His mother was a maid and his father was in the military. He busted his butt to get where he was, and surely had no silver spoon in his mouth.
<quoted text>
I never said hiphop was a cause, I was saying that having your kids look up to them as a role model is a bad idea (a part of those values you speak of). I still listen to "old school" rap back when the "4 elements of hip hop" actually existed. At that time the songs spoke of something important....now a days not so much.
i agree with you on the music issue. ok here is my issue with his show. i admit his show showed a side of black culture that was not shown before but it seems to me from what i remember watching the show they never really addressed certain issues. it was like they avoided them. some issues just need to be discussed in a civil manner. we have a great country but it could be so much better if people could gracefully discuss issues like you and i have been doing. its not so much an issue of agreeing with someone but hearing their opinion and maybe learning something because i know on a daily basis my opinions are gradually being shaped and molded.
WASP

York, PA

#26 Jun 17, 2010
Terry/Mikey, you two damn racists! Please cease and desist from spreading YOUR style of racist bull$hit.
At least my post name signifies what I am. Quit being phonies.
terry

Birmingham, AL

#28 Jun 17, 2010
WASP wrote:
Terry/Mikey, you two damn racists! Please cease and desist from spreading YOUR style of racist bull$hit.
At least my post name signifies what I am. Quit being phonies.
please inform me on how anything we said was racist. all i see is two people having a difference of opinion and discussing it.
Biggie

Ephrata, PA

#29 Jun 17, 2010
I used to look up too...er...I mean down at Gary Coleman
WASP

York, PA

#30 Jun 17, 2010
terry wrote:
<quoted text>
please inform me on how anything we said was racist. all i see is two people having a difference of opinion and discussing it.
Bringing black/white into the discussion is racist. THE teacher never mentioned black/white or the President of the United States as being black/ white. Then you two begin discussin' the black/white bull$hit. I rest my case! Leave it alone.
terry

Birmingham, AL

#33 Jun 17, 2010
if you hadn't noticed it stopped being a discussion about that several post ago. i haven't seen any of those programs calling to kill bush. i saw many that brought his intellect into question, thats different. and i did say i dont feel its ok to wish death on any president.
and hypocrisy.... i can name many hypocrisies coming from republicans, conservatives, tea party members or what ever they want to call themselves. its hypocrisy coming from both sides

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

US Secret Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Military's Space in Trump Tower Costs $130... Aug 7 L I G E R 4
News GW husband, wife face charges in counterfeit case Jul '17 lch2105 2
News Scene & Heard: VP Mike Pence on Sanibel Jul '17 Anthony wright 2
News Illinois man pleads not guilty to threatening t... Jun '17 HOLLA 1
News Secret Service investigating effigy of Presiden... (Jan '10) Jun '17 Trumpenstein bank... 44
News Secret Service relaxes marijuana policy in bid ... Jun '17 RushFan666 6
News Men wanted for allegedly taking over $30K from ... May '17 Belinda 1
More from around the web