President Obama Supports 'Ground Zero Mosque'

Aug 13, 2010 Full story: www.aolnews.com 1,624

President Barack Obama gave a thumbs up today to a proposed Islamic community center and mosque that is slated to be built two blocks from the site of the 9/11 attacks in lower Manhattan.

Full Story
Emperor Bozo the Last

Brooklyn, NY

#22 Aug 15, 2010
Clear Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
How, exactly, has Obama shredded the Constitution?
Please be specific, and cite supporting evidence to back up your claim.
Here is just one example:

He has violated his oath of office to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

How? By saying he can't protect the border and threatening those people who can protect the border.

By saying he won't even try to protect the border unless he gets an undefined "comprehensive reform".

By claiming he needs a personal domestic police force as large and powerful as the military.(Sorry, absolutely no provision in the Constitution for that. Dictatorial usurpation of freedom, in violation of 9th and 10th Amendments.)

Starting to see the picture?

Since: May 10

Salt Lake City, UT

#23 Aug 15, 2010
General Runt wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're smoking the same dope Obama is if you believe all of that you said.
Can't you get on a public forum and have a debate without hurling insults at people?
General Runt wrote:
<quoted text>You know as I do that he favors and supports the Islamic religion.
A religion that is based on pure hate and violence and will create any ridiculous petty excuse for a reason to commit mass murder.
Every religion has their lunatics in the fold but none that I have seen in my life time can compare to the threat that Muslims pose where they are in favor of a world domination in their favor and global genocide and will sacrifice and do whatever it takes to make that happen.
I suppose you are going to tell us now that you have "studied" the Muslim religion just like you did communism and socialism. Considering that you know nothing of either, I am just going to assume that you know nothing of the Muslim religion either.

Since: May 10

Salt Lake City, UT

#24 Aug 15, 2010
UNCLE TOM wrote:
Clear t...simply look at the health bill, the bail-outs, the tak­ing over of busi­nesses (ie. banks, GM, denying states' rights, fire arm proposals, socialic ways, etc.).
Do your own reseach...PLEASE!!!!
The information won't jump out and bite you...literally.
Specifically what fire arm proposals? So far, he has come out in favor of gun owners, so tell us SPECIFICALLY (cite examples please) of his anti-fire arm stance.

Reagan bailed out Chrysler. Nixon proposed health care.

By the way, how are those businesses that he "took over" doing? Did you see the latest on GM's profits? Probably not with your head so far up your ass.

Denying state's rights? Since when do states determine our foreign policy?

I'm not interested in hearing your racist opinion about Obama. We all know quite clearly where you stand on that, Uncle Tom. Give us some examples--from legitimate news sources.

Since: May 10

Salt Lake City, UT

#25 Aug 15, 2010
So, what we should do then, is become just like the Muslim terrorists and deny religious freedoms in this country?

You'd be right at home in a Muslim country. They wouldn't let us build a church either.

Let's show the terrorist we won by becoming just like them. Brilliant. Why didn't our government think of that???
UNCLE TOM wrote:
It is inappropiate and is a slap in the face to the familes of 9/11, who are very much opposed to this.

Since: May 10

Salt Lake City, UT

#26 Aug 15, 2010
What's odd about it? That he's practicing religious freedom?

What is odd is that you dummies want to be just like the terrorist and deny religious freedoms. Good way to show the terrorists that they won.
General RUNT wrote:
How odd that Obama makes no bones about defending Islam and being in support of a Mosque being built near ground zero.
McDowell County

San Antonio, TX

#27 Aug 15, 2010
Freedom Of Religion ever heard of that? Doing world
war2 which church supported the Germans? you know the one that love having sex with little boys,
But you have no promlem with them, most of you hill billies have never seen a Mosque, I support
our President Freedom od Religion>

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#29 Aug 15, 2010
Watch It Closely wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't you get on a public forum and have a debate without hurling insults at people?
<quoted text>
I suppose you are going to tell us now that you have "studied" the Muslim religion just like you did communism and socialism. Considering that you know nothing of either, I am just going to assume that you know nothing of the Muslim religion either.
1) That's odd I have been asking the same thing about you
2) what I know about Islam is that it is nothing what they try to paint it as.
It is not a peaceful religion and you can look in the context of the Qu'ran where it teaches violence,hate and intolerance and what I know about socialism and communism from history it is brutal,savage and does not work but to entice the overwhelming hunger for power and domination beyond ones own essentials while the people of the land suffer in tyranny and starvation but of course this is just another one of your schemes on here in a deliberate attempt to pick another fight with me luring your trolling buddies to join in against me by hijacking and ruining yet another thread for everyone else.
Muslims are hellbent on religious domination & religious global genocide of all non-Muslims and that includes you as well and it is folks like you who are naive enough to give them the keys to the city and role out the red carpet for them.

Since: May 10

Salt Lake City, UT

#30 Aug 15, 2010
General Runt wrote:
<quoted text>
1) That's odd I have been asking the same thing about you
So why do you think that you can act a certain way, but others can't? Is it because you are on welfare or something? Since you obviously think the world owes you a living, then you must think it owes you a free pass too. Well, you won't get it from me, Runt.
General Runt wrote:
<quoted text>2) what I know about Islam is that it is nothing what they try to paint it as.
Who is they? Are you talking about the radicalized fundamentals, or the day to day Muslims? Or can you even tell the difference? Or do you not even bother to?
General Runt wrote:
<quoted text>It is not a peaceful religion and you can look in the context of the Qu'ran where it teaches violence,hate and intolerance
Christianity is not a peaceful religion either, but the majority of Christians are peaceful people.
General Runt wrote:
<quoted text>and what I know about socialism and communism from history it is brutal,savage and does not work but to entice the overwhelming hunger for power and domination beyond ones own essentials while the people of the land suffer in tyranny and starvation but of course this is just another one of your schemes on here in a deliberate attempt to pick another fight with me luring your trolling buddies to join in against me by hijacking and ruining yet another thread for everyone else.
Do I need to add paranoia to the list of "issues" you have David?
General Runt wrote:
<quoted text>Muslims are hellbent on religious domination & religious global genocide of all non-Muslims and that includes you as well and it is folks like you who are naive enough to give them the keys to the city and role out the red carpet for them.
Hmmmmm...well if one were to view the world from 30,000 feet, they might come to a different conclusion given the fact that there are two major wars going on on the planet right now and the US is involved in both. They might have a hard time concluding that Muslims were the argressors.

But, the bottom line is, this country was founded by people seeking religious freedoms and it has become one of the basic ideals of this country. If you begin limiting religious freedoms for one group, what's to stop you from limiting it for all?

And if you limit someone's right to worship, then what's next? Do you limit their right to own and bear arms? Do you limit their right to free speech? Where do you draw the line.

It's just like the fact that we allow the KKK and Nazi's to peacefully assemble. I may not like it, but you and jswnwv are free to put on your sheets and peacefully assemble.

By the way, do you use a crib sized sheet? I mean if you used a full size sheet, half of it would be dragging on the ground.
ky gal

Lexington, KY

#33 Aug 15, 2010
when you see wrote:
it is a slap in americas face to build this mosque there will vote different in 2012 lord jesus be with us.
Welcome to ("The Muslim States of America") What a joke! God Bless America and all those who have fallen and sacrified their lives for this country.
Clear Thinker

Jacksonville, FL

#34 Aug 15, 2010
William wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to State's Rights (a central tenant of the Consitition) Obama wipes his butt with the document. Forcing States into Federal Public Healthcare and telling Arizona that they can't defend their own boarder when the Federal Government is ignoring the problem, taking over the Student Loan program, granting the EPA near unlimited powers to step in and make regulations (because Obama knows that it won't pass through the legislative process),shows no respect for the Constitution.
Your answer is extremely vague and indicates that you don’t have a very good understanding of what a constitutional issue is based on, or under what circumstances a constitutional challenge can be made.

Just because you don’t like Obama doesn’t mean that everything he does is a violation of the Constitution. And more to the point, whether something does or doesn’t violate the Constitution is a matter for the courts—not the president; not the legislature, and most surely, not the a popular vote, regardless of numbers.
There is a process that allows for changes in the constitution, but by intention, it’s an extremely difficult one designed to prevent knee-jerk, frivolous changes.

Again, when you’ve figured out just what you think makes Obama guilty of shredding the constitution, and have supporting evidence of your argument, you can get respond...or not.

Since: May 10

Salt Lake City, UT

#36 Aug 15, 2010
Hmmm...interesting since one of the things we fought and sacrificed and died for was religious freedom.
ky gal wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome to ("The Muslim States of America") What a joke! God Bless America and all those who have fallen and sacrified their lives for this country.
U-Mac

Brooklyn, NY

#39 Aug 15, 2010
Watch It Closely wrote:
Hmmm...interesting since one of the things we fought and sacrificed and died for was religious freedom.
<quoted text>
Muslim terrorists are NOT covered under "religious freedom".

You are ONE nuke from learning that the hard way.

Since: May 10

Salt Lake City, UT

#40 Aug 15, 2010
And who says that all Muslims are terrorist. That would be a simple conclusion to jump to. After all, Hitler used the exact same reasoning when he attempted to exterminate the jews. And yes, Islam, the religion IS covered under religious freedom. Now if you can show me where it isn't, I'll agree with you.

If we begin limiting religious freedoms because we are cowards (one nuke away from learning the hard way), then we lose and the terrorists win.
U-Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslim terrorists are NOT covered under "religious freedom".
You are ONE nuke from learning that the hard way.

Since: May 10

Salt Lake City, UT

#41 Aug 15, 2010
Clear Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Your answer is extremely vague and indicates that you don’t have a very good understanding of what a constitutional issue is based on, or under what circumstances a constitutional challenge can be made.
Just because you don’t like Obama doesn’t mean that everything he does is a violation of the Constitution. And more to the point, whether something does or doesn’t violate the Constitution is a matter for the courts—not the president; not the legislature, and most surely, not the a popular vote, regardless of numbers.
There is a process that allows for changes in the constitution, but by intention, it’s an extremely difficult one designed to prevent knee-jerk, frivolous changes.
Again, when you’ve figured out just what you think makes Obama guilty of shredding the constitution, and have supporting evidence of your argument, you can get respond...or not.
I walked around for days thinking about this whole thing and finally it dawned on me. I don't like the fact that Muslims are building this "center" so close to ground zero. I think it is in piss poor taste on their part. By the same token, I don't like it when the government has to give permits to the Klan or to the Nazis to allow them to assemble peacefully.

But we can't start limiting the freedoms of one group in favor of another just because of the way we "feel" about things. We are a nation of laws and you stated it quite well. It doesn't matter how we feel about things or even whether we agree with them or not. We have to follow the law.
Clear Thinker

Jacksonville, FL

#43 Aug 15, 2010
Emperor Bozo the Last wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is just one example:
He has violated his oath of office to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
How? By saying he can't protect the border and threatening those people who can protect the border.
By saying he won't even try to protect the border unless he gets an undefined "comprehensive reform".
By claiming he needs a personal domestic police force as large and powerful as the military.(Sorry, absolutely no provision in the Constitution for that. Dictatorial usurpation of freedom, in violation of 9th and 10th Amendments.)
Starting to see the picture?
Currently, there are about 3600 Border patrol agents in Arizona.
This year’s budget for customs and border protection is around $17 billion—twice what it was in 2003.

While that may not seem sufficient to you and your thoughts about the illegal immigration problem, it doesn’t rise to the level of the President failing to protect the border. Furthermore, Mexico hasn’t been designated as ‘the enemy,’ so that ridiculous point isn’t worth discussing, as is the charge that he’s threatened anyone.

The ‘personal police force’ thing is equally ridiculous. Since you’re vague, I’ll have to assume that your referring to the Executive order 12454—but maybe you don’t even know what that is.
Allow me to bring you up to speed.

EO12454 was signed by Reagan in 1983, at which time it extended rights like immunity from lawsuits or from prosecution for official acts to Interpol, which was holding its annual meeting in the United States.
The order didn't include some other privileges like immunity from certain taxes or from having its property or records subject to search and seizure. That was because Interpol had no permanent office or employees in United States at the time.

In 2004, Interpol opened a liaison office at the United Nations and requested the same immunities and privileges as other international organizations like the Red Cross. The State Department recommended approving the request, but the Bush administration didn't act on it before his term ended.
All Obama did was complete what was already a done deal.

It may also interest you to know that Interpol's General Provision Article 2 says its aims are:
(1) To ensure and promote the widest possible mutual assistance between all criminal police authorities within the limits of the laws existing in the different countries and in the spirit of the "Universal Declaration of Human Rights";
(2) To establish and develop all institutions likely to contribute effectively to the prevention and suppression of ordinary law crimes.

Article 3 says:
It is strictly forbidden for the Organization to undertake any intervention or activities of a political, military, religious or racial character.

The 9th Amendment is a sticky one, so I’ll have to let you explain how you think it, as well as the 10th have been violated.
a hypocrit

Murfreesboro, TN

#44 Aug 15, 2010
I agree its insensitive and not a smart move politically but by a mosque being built there is not illegal or any thing. There is absolutely no legitament reason why it cant be built. Especially since there are already 2 mosques and several catholic churches built with in a few blocks of ground zero.
Conservative Liberal

Princeton, WV

#45 Aug 15, 2010
You people are so stupid. The President has no say so one way or another about where any religious building is to be put up. On one hand he should have said that the developers should be respectful of the event that happened NEAR the proposed build site and maybe look at other sites that would be farther away from the old Trade Center site. On the other hand, He should have said that the freedom of religion in this country is absolute and the owners of the site have the right to put up anything they want on the site. You people forget, this is a free country. Do I think the developers are being disrespectful by building so close to the Towers site? Yes I do! Do I believe that living in this great, free nation that people have the right to worship anywhere they please? Yes I do! So do try to throw this onto the back of the President. He has NO power to tell them yes, OR no when it comes to building there.

“ Fighting a corrupt system”

Since: Aug 08

Centereach,NY

#46 Aug 15, 2010
The Extremist prefer the constitution only apply to certain Americans.....Sounds like a smidge of Taliban... TEA...Taliban Extremist Americans
Conservative Liberal

Princeton, WV

#47 Aug 15, 2010
Watch It Closely wrote:
And who says that all Muslims are terrorist. That would be a simple conclusion to jump to. After all, Hitler used the exact same reasoning when he attempted to exterminate the jews. And yes, Islam, the religion IS covered under religious freedom. Now if you can show me where it isn't, I'll agree with you.
If we begin limiting religious freedoms because we are cowards (one nuke away from learning the hard way), then we lose and the terrorists win.
<quoted text>
All he was saying is terrorism in the NAME of any religion is NOT covered by the Bill of Rights.
Tea Party

Princeton, WV

#48 Aug 15, 2010
Monique wrote:
<quoted text>
Je ne suis pas un démocrate ou républicain, et je peux vous assurer que je n'ai aucun intérêt à aller près de l'âne vous vous montrer à l'être. Dans mon pays, je serais considéré comme un conservateur, mais comme un conservateur, nous sommes civile dans nos désaccords politiques, et ne ressentent pas le besoin de déformer la vérité ou de mettre les autres vers le bas pour faire valoir notre point.
J'admire votre Constitution beaucoup, et je suis attristé que vous avez choisi pour le déshonneur en insultant ceux qui crois en la liberté du premier amendement de la religion. Pourquoi est-ce que les Américains semblent si largement ignorants de leur propre Constitution?
Sorry,I don,t speak PIG LATIN.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roy Exum: The UAW's New Scab List 10 min AmericanSon 7
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min American Lady 158,878
3 states deny gay unions despite appellate rulings 15 min Cordwainer Trout 19
Pence won't reconsider bid for $80M pre-K grant 17 min Foster 2
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 25 min John K 121,147
Obama approves reservists for Ebola fight, gove... 28 min TeaBagging for Am... 226
'Wastebook': All that fits in pork barrel 36 min Le Duped 11

Republican People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE