Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS

There are 20 comments on the Cybercast News Service story from Sep 16, 2013, titled Obama: - Gun Control - We Had 80, 90% of the Country That Agreed With It'CNS. In it, Cybercast News Service reports that:

Appearing on ABC News's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday, President Barack Obama said he had 80 to 90 percent of the country agreeing with him in favor of gun control, but the he could not get gun-control legislation enacted because of a "faction of the Republican Party."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cybercast News Service.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1832 Oct 29, 2013
PrinceofDarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
and so are the multitude of interpretations by the supreme court and legislatures and states.....resulting in gun control measures in every state...
you have a point to make moron?
here is the point Moron and the point was made very clear towards legislatures at the state & local levels with their gun control measures in every state.

McDonald v. Chicago

McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010), is a landmark decision of the Supreme Court of the United States that determined whether the Second Amendment applies to the individual states. The Court held that the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" protected by the Second Amendment is incorporated by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and applies to the states. The decision cleared up the uncertainty left in the wake of District of Columbia v. Heller as to the scope of gun rights in regard to the states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chic...

Incorporation of the Bill of Rights

Amendment II

Right to keep and bear arms

This right has been incorporated against the states.

See McDonald v. Chicago (2010).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_of...
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#1833 Oct 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>here is the point Moron and the point was made very clear towards legislatures at the state & local levels with their gun control measures in every state.
McDonald v. Chicago
McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025 (2010), is a landmark decision of the Supreme Court of the United States that determined whether the Second Amendment applies to the individual states. The Court held that the right of an individual to "keep and bear arms" protected by the Second Amendment is incorporated by the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment and applies to the states. The decision cleared up the uncertainty left in the wake of District of Columbia v. Heller as to the scope of gun rights in regard to the states.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McDonald_v._Chic...
Incorporation of the Bill of Rights
Amendment II
Right to keep and bear arms
This right has been incorporated against the states.
See McDonald v. Chicago (2010).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporation_of...
I don't believe that the Prince is up to this level of comprehension. The "RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS" is enough to confuse him, let alone state's rights.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#1835 Oct 29, 2013
PrinceofDarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
hey peckerhead... that's nice... now here is the reality of it....
A recent ABA Journal [HT: Josh Blackman] article on lower court decisions applying McDonald and Heller seems to bear out my prediction:
Proponents hailed Heller and McDonald as setbacks for gun control advocates. They predicted a shift in gun policy throughout the country.
But so far it hasn’t happened that way. While there have been challenges throughout the country to local, state and federal gun laws, few have been successful.
In fact, critics of the decisions say the cases have failed to provide a concrete framework to help lower courts determine the constitutionality of challenged gun control laws…..
As I predicted, mere judicial recognition of the existence of a right doesn’t necessarily lead to meaningful protection for it. Such protection is particularly unlikely when a substantial part of the judiciary (most liberal judges) is hostile to the very idea that this right deserves protection at all.
so bring your constitution and
http://imageshack.us/a/img163/7121/asswipe.jp...
This is total mierda, the Second Amendment is extant, get over it. If you don't like guns, don't buy guns, fool.

Location hidden

#1837 Oct 29, 2013
PrinceofDarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
A recent ABA Journal [HT: Josh Blackman] article on lower court decisions applying McDonald and Heller seems to bear out my prediction:
Proponents hailed Heller and McDonald as setbacks for gun control advocates. They predicted a shift in gun policy throughout the country.
But so far it hasn’t happened that way. While there have been challenges throughout the country to local, state and federal gun laws, few have been successful.
In fact, critics of the decisions say the cases have failed to provide a concrete framework to help lower courts determine the constitutionality of challenged gun control laws…..
As I predicted, mere judicial recognition of the existence of a right doesn’t necessarily lead to meaningful protection for it. Such protection is particularly unlikely when a substantial part of the judiciary (most liberal judges) is hostile to the very idea that this right deserves protection at all.
hey peckerhead that is reality so live with it just like your peckerhead kind in Chicago are having a problem living with and the 2nd amendment is part of the original US Constitution created by the founding fathers.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#1838 Oct 29, 2013
PrinceofDarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
"Constitution" is a proper noun you uneducated buffoon. It requires the upper case. Complete your primary education and maybe you will be taken seriously.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#1839 Oct 29, 2013
guess who wrote:
<quoted text> Make a bet BEOTCH!!!
What are you going to put up, Shug? One of the two dozen aliases you have used this year?

Or maybe one of those used condoms your boyfriend used last night because you broke out in herpes again?

You know: all this stress you get all fired up about because people like me make you look the fool can't be helping those outbreaks.

Wipe your chin, shug.

Location hidden

#1840 Oct 29, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>"Constitution " is a proper noun you uneducated buffoon. It requires the upper case.
No, not always, it doesn't, you ignorant uneducated high school drop out.

And when and if it does: you don't think you can post here without making grammatical and spelling errors, you stupid sh!t?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#1841 Oct 29, 2013
PrinceofDarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
suggest you bend over and shove your constitution and 2nd amendment up your brown eye....gun control measures are being put enacted in a lots of states...
If you think gun control legislation hasn’t moved in this country since the Newtown shooting, think again. There’s been plenty of activity in the states, even though no gun legislation has passed through Congress. And while states that passed tougher restrictions on gun ownership receive plenty of attention, several states have moved in the opposite direction.
Lawmakers in Connecticut, one of the latest states to take action, approved a package early Thursday beefing up gun laws. Here’s a look at states that have passed or considered gun legislation since the Newtown shooting:
new york, colorado, maryland, california.... more to come...
Take your suggestion and shove it. Anyone who disrespects the Constitution should be drawn and quartered. You must be a slime ball illegal who slithered across our border. FU, pende*o.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#1842 Oct 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you going to put up, Shug? One of the two dozen aliases you have used this year?
Or maybe one of those used condoms your boyfriend used last night because you broke out in herpes again?
You know: all this stress you get all fired up about because people like me make you look the fool can't be helping those outbreaks.
Wipe your chin, shug.
Wipe your a*s, pende*o.

Location hidden

#1843 Oct 29, 2013
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>"Constitution " is a proper noun you uneducated buffoon.
So is: Second Amendment.

I guess you are selective in your corrections, eh?

Location hidden

#1844 Oct 29, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
Moron and the point was made very clear towards legislatures at the state & local levels with their gun control measures in every state.
"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."

Justice Scalia
from the Supreme Court of the United States
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#1845 Oct 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
My post:'This is total mierda, the Second Amendment is extant, get over it. If you don't like guns, don't buy guns, fool.'
Reading problem, pende*o?
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#1846 Oct 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms.[United States v.] Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons."
Justice Scalia
We will keep our guns and one day some legal gun owner will probably save your sorry a*s because you are too stupid to own one. Ya esta, pende*o.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#1847 Oct 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
'This is total mierda, the Second Amendment is extant, get over it. If you don't like guns, don't buy guns, fool.'

You do see the upper case for Second Amendment, pende*o?

Location hidden

#1848 Oct 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Justice Scalia
you better go back and do your homework and see what Scalia said in Heller v. District of Columbia(2008) and Mcdonald v City of Chicago(2010).
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

#1850 Oct 29, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not always, it doesn't, you ignorant uneducated high school drop out.
And when and if it does: you don't think you can post here without making grammatical and spelling errors, you stupid sh!t?
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH!
"suggest you bend over and shove your constitution and 2nd amendment et\c..." It most certainly is a proper noun in this pathetic sentence, shug.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#1852 Oct 29, 2013
The Supreme court issued 2 rulings in the last 5 years, one defined my right to own as many guns as I want, no limit, with ammo. The other defined the militia. It is made up of citizens called up in an emergency. The doctor, or the government has no right to know where I keep my guns, or how many, or anything else. If the American people answer all the personal questions Obama has in his Obamacare they are insane. The Government has no right to any of that. They want to sue me we have 2 lawyers on staff as the school. Let them sue.
just another guy

Overland Park, KS

#1855 Oct 30, 2013
PrinceofDarkness wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah,yeah...yeah.. been hearing that for years.... fortunately the majority in colorado feel differently than a guntard as yourself....get yourself a taser if you are that insecure with your life...and try to get a decent job and move out of that trailer park and get indoor plumbing...
You can not discuss the topic in a rational manner using any facts , so you resort to name calling. How you been harry reid?
just another guy

Overland Park, KS

#1856 Oct 30, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside money is outside money and a minority is still a minority.
PS: the laws are still the laws.
Absolutely. Bloombergs maig threw massive amounts of money into Colorado. They lost because they were the minority.

The laws are the laws, however the Colorado sheriffs refuse to enforce them. My Colorado friends simply have to travel to Wy, Nb, Ks, Nm, Az,Ut to get magazines. My Coloraod family simply stocks up when they visit me.
Your Worst Nightmare

West Covina, CA

#1859 Oct 30, 2013
freedomfromtyranny wrote:
He is nothing but a deceiver a Liar and Cheat. He tramples the American way of life every chance he gets and Hillary will try her evil hand at it next. The real enemy is the Democratic Party!!!
It is quite enjoyable to see a black man crack the whip on all you tea bagging bigots & racist. May death come to all those who vote Republican.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boehner says recent fatal police encounters in ... 1 min Le Jimbo 4
News GOP senator 'open' to sweeping criminal justice... 3 min Le Jimbo 7
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Sunshine 180,135
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Denisova 161,734
News Obama turns up heat on climate change debate in... 36 min serfs up 179
News Is It Time to End Ethanol Vehicle Fuel Mandates? (Apr '13) 1 hr litesong 4
News 'Scandal' fixer heads to Baltimore 1 hr goonsquad 7
More from around the web