Internet sales tax progresses in Senate

Internet sales tax progresses in Senate

There are 186 comments on the CBS News story from Apr 23, 2013, titled Internet sales tax progresses in Senate. In it, CBS News reports that:

The bill would empower states to require online retailers to collect state and local sales taxes for purchases made over the Internet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#85 Apr 25, 2013
RustyS wrote:
<quoted text>
If, as you say, Ayers never got people to kill a policeman by a bomb, then he did it himself? Interesting.
Lies aren't interesting. He's never killled anyone. Prove me wrong, if you can't.

You can't.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#86 Apr 25, 2013
Sorry, "..if you can. You can't."

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#87 Apr 25, 2013
see the light wrote:
Remember all the times the liar said I will not raise taxes on small businesses? All he does is raise taxes so he has more to spend.
Show us where he "raised taxes on small business," loon.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#88 Apr 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashed with Faux News lies yet again, eh? WRONG.
http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/20...
"The program does not provide phones or phone service and is not paid for by taxes, Wigfield said. Rather, it pays $9.25 a month to a userís phone company. Some companies give out free phones and price their plans at $9.25 a month, making the plans essentially "free," he said.
Money for Lifeline comes out of the Universal Service Fund; phone companies pay into the fund and then pass the cost on to customers via a fee on their phone bills.(Click here to read more detailed explanations in this storyís excerpted emails.)"
Nice double talk. Through taxes and fees on the phone bills it covers scum to have phones and tie up the communications towers. Duh!

“True Gun Control”

Since: Nov 08

Perpignan

#89 Apr 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Posting to another of your many IDs, loon? Or just another windbag Rightie like yourself?
Who knows...none of you make any sense or have anything to say.
hahahahaah from Harvey, 0x0x0x0x0, professor and players to be named later.

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#90 Apr 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us where he "raised taxes on small business," loon.
ObamaTax moron. Please try to keep up, it's bee two years.

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#91 Apr 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies aren't interesting. He's never killled anyone. Prove me wrong, if you can't.
You can't.
We alredy did moron a week ago. Pull your head out.
Imom

Carol Stream, IL

#92 Apr 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! Thanks for admitting you're a Jimbo sockpuppet...BUSTED!!:)
Are you off your meds again?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#93 Apr 25, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice double talk. Through taxes and fees on the phone bills it covers scum to have phones and tie up the communications towers. Duh!
FEES cover phones for the indigent, so they can find jobs, obtain other forms of aid as needed (including aid for their children), obtain jobs, education, transportation, whatever. Clearly the benefits FAR outweigh the costs, which is why phone companies support this. The taxpayers do NOT, of course.

"Scum?" That'd be elistists like you, loser.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#94 Apr 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>ObamaTax [sic] moron. Please try to keep up, it's bee [sic] two years.
There is no such thing as "ObamaTax," idiot, and as usual, you fail to support your lies.
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>We alredy [sic] did moron [sic] a week ago. Pull your head out.
You lie again. You NEVER have. You lie, then you lie about having proven something, then you lie about how others supposedly HAVEN'T. There's NOTHING you won't lie about.

Dismissed, punk.

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#95 Apr 25, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "ObamaTax," idiot, and as usual, you fail to support your lies.
<quoted text>
You lie again. You NEVER have. You lie, then you lie about having proven something, then you lie about how others supposedly HAVEN'T. There's NOTHING you won't lie about.
Dismissed, punk.
Sure there is tinkerbell. SCOTUS said it was a tax..........so it's a tax, or it's unconstitutional. You choose.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#96 Apr 25, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Sure there is tinkerbell. SCOTUS said it was a tax..........so it's a tax, or it's unconstitutional. You choose.
Ah, the Dread Obamacare. I might have known, you're obsessed with it.

Wasn't the Supreme Court decision based on taxing people for not acquiring coverage, though? How's that affect small business?

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#97 Apr 26, 2013
inbred Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
its a black thing, you wouldn't understand
Wow... No need to hide the prejudice at all, fully monty for you my man. Well people can't say you are a cowardly bigot. you are true to your beliefs I will give you that.

Let's give a hand to this man's naked bigotry folks...

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

#98 Apr 26, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>If you can't find the website, you qualify for the phone and as a low information voter.
Wow... So if I don't know how to sign up for a government program that pays for something that I don't need any help paying for, it makes me qualified for that program that I don't know how to sign up for and makes me an ill informed voters because I don't use or need said program.

Jimmy, I know it's been a while since we exchanged posts, I know, I kinda stop posting since winter of 09' but surely you learned something about your massive, grand canyon wide leaps of poor logic that just doesn't cut the mustard so to speak.

Here I will help you out by changing the post to one that makes sense based off your implied logic, you just need help saying it in a coherent way.

"If you don't know the website, you are not a well informed consumer but in fact an ill-informed consumer and most likely haven't a need for it, because I know how to get one"

There, now that is so much clearer.

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

#99 Apr 26, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/22/la ... Our federal fees and taxes on our landline service and cell phones funds it.
Yeah... that link just leads to a page not found notice on that site. Which I had to wash my computer's history, cookies and such to insure that I didn't get any viruses from that demented site.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#100 Apr 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
FEES cover phones for the indigent, so they can find jobs, obtain other forms of aid as needed (including aid for their children), obtain jobs, education, transportation, whatever. Clearly the benefits FAR outweigh the costs, which is why phone companies support this. The taxpayers do NOT, of course.
"Scum?" That'd be elistists like you, loser.
Free phones allow the "indigent" to stay in contact with their hommies, their drug contacts and gansta buds. Get a clue prof. If one of our blind eye politicians has recognized and observed abuse, it damn well is an issue! They always are the LAST to know. duhhhhhh!

“True Gun Control”

Perpignan

#101 Apr 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't the Supreme Court decision based on taxing people for not acquiring coverage, though? How's that affect small business?
You're running from the question again tinkerbell. Either man up and answer it or go play with the other kiddies.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#102 Apr 26, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that stupid? How does it effect small business? Small business owners pay percentages of their employees' healthcare costs. Duh...think about it, increases on insurance policies have been steadily increasing since Odumbocare was passed. Gee, that equates to higher, much higher premiums for the business owner. Can they raise their prices fast enough to offset the cost, not likely. Many are dropping the healthcare they did provide because it has become unaffordable. And you wonder why they keep trying to repeal the train wreck, a term used by a dem, no less.
Don Joe

Minneapolis, MN

#103 Apr 26, 2013
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that stupid? How does it effect small business? Small business owners pay percentages of their employees' healthcare costs. Duh...think about it, increases on insurance policies have been steadily increasing since Odumbocare was passed. Gee, that equates to higher, much higher premiums for the business owner. Can they raise their prices fast enough to offset the cost, not likely. Many are dropping the healthcare they did provide because it has become unaffordable. And you wonder why they keep trying to repeal the train wreck, a term used by a dem, no less.
Amazing. I oppose Obama care; and yet I disagree with just about everything you post. Many small business owners dropped health care for employees long before Obama care was even mentioned. It was called Romney care, designed by the Heritage foundation. Even large corporations continued to drop the portion they paid, till some pay nothing at all. A large number of corporations are famous for only keep part time people on the payroll to avoid having to even offer any coverage. Not that they would pay for that coverage, just provide a group where lower prices could be obtained.

Those steadily increasing prices have been steadily increasing for more than 40 years; it is not a recent phenomena.

As to trying to repeal it? nope, they are all bluster for political purpose, and no action. Keep in mind the purpose of Romney care is to transfer wealth from ordinary working people to the pockets of rich insurance CEOs. The insurance companies don't have to do anything for all that money except deny you access to health care. Ever dime denied to you for access, is another dime in a rich guy's pocket. This is a typical GOP platform issue. They work hard to set stuff up like this and they will not change it.
CBOW

East Berlin, PA

#104 Apr 26, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing. I oppose Obama care; and yet I disagree with just about everything you post. Many small business owners dropped health care for employees long before Obama care was even mentioned. It was called Romney care, designed by the Heritage foundation. Even large corporations continued to drop the portion they paid, till some pay nothing at all. A large number of corporations are famous for only keep part time people on the payroll to avoid having to even offer any coverage. Not that they would pay for that coverage, just provide a group where lower prices could be obtained.
Those steadily increasing prices have been steadily increasing for more than 40 years; it is not a recent phenomena.
As to trying to repeal it? nope, they are all bluster for political purpose, and no action. Keep in mind the purpose of Romney care is to transfer wealth from ordinary working people to the pockets of rich insurance CEOs. The insurance companies don't have to do anything for all that money except deny you access to health care. Ever dime denied to you for access, is another dime in a rich guy's pocket. This is a typical GOP platform issue. They work hard to set stuff up like this and they will not change it.
All insurance, whether it's auto, health, home, malpractice, liability and so on "transfer" wealth to someone elses' pockets. When we talk about insurance increases, yes they have been going up over the past 40 years, in every venue I listed. The issue was that Odumbo claimed that the more people forced to buy insurance would reduce the cost. Is that a reduction after the 400% increases that have taken place since the Affordable care act was signed in? I am self employed, I worked free lance for a firm in Florida for 3 years, they forced me onto their insurance program. It covered meds and doctor visits for the 1st year, after that, it covered less and less. Had obamacare been a viable law accepted by the majority, it would have reined in the abuse by insurance companies. We have yet to see that because the politicians are invested in those very companies on the NYSE. That is referred to as cutting your nose off to spite your face, which none of them including Odumbo and Pelosi are going to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kasich, Christie make the cut for prime-time Re... 3 min Responsibility 1
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 9 min Just Roxie 172,120
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Rightwing Idiot 190,693
News Planned Parenthood seeks fed study of fetal tis... 20 min Food for Thought 220
News Poll: Trump leads Walker, Bush 24 min Le Jimbo 28
News Debate illustrates power of Fox News in GOP cam... 29 min Le Jimbo 13
News Fox News announces GOP debate field 41 min Le Jimbo 10
More from around the web