Jindal, Palin defend 'Duck Dynasty' star

There are 20 comments on the Local10.com story from Dec 19, 2013, titled Jindal, Palin defend 'Duck Dynasty' star. In it, Local10.com reports that:

In light of "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson suspension from the show over anti-gay remarks, Republican Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal indicated media outlets have thrown out the First Amendment and the "politically correct crowd" is only concerned with viewpoints they agree with.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Local10.com.

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#222 Dec 22, 2013
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
But since the mullahs are so free speech they wouldn't object to his burning a flag....
(And GLAAD would not like it.)
engrish much?
Christaliban

Philadelphia, PA

#223 Dec 22, 2013
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
engrish much?
You avoided the point, Cletus.

Naturally all our fundies and racists are so in favor of free speech that they would defend any TV personality who burned a flag. Just like they defended the free speech rights of the Dixie Chicks, or of people who pointed out that Sarah Palin's (alleged) grandchild is retarded.

Since: Jan 10

Royse City

#224 Dec 22, 2013
Know the truth

www.roysecitycoc.org

“bar0ckalypse n0w”

Since: Mar 10

Huntington, NY

#225 Dec 22, 2013
Christaliban wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoided the point, Cletus.
Naturally all our fundies and racists are so in favor of free speech that they would defend any TV personality who burned a flag. Just like they defended the free speech rights of the Dixie Chicks, or of people who pointed out that Sarah Palin's (alleged) grandchild is retarded.
Yes, but burning the flag is bad.

Since: Dec 13

Los Angeles, CA

#226 Dec 23, 2013
killian

Portland, OR

#227 Dec 23, 2013
Sable wrote:
Whether you agree or not about what Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty said or with the action taken by his employer, A & E, this is NOT a freedom of speech issue. The fact is, A & E, as a private entity, can suspend or fire any employee for speech that said company finds offensive, just as any other business in the United States can. So many people do not understand the meaning of "freedom of speech".
Homosexuals are overrepresented in the film and tv industry. So what you say makes a lot of sense.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#228 Dec 23, 2013
killian wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuals are overrepresented in the film and tv industry. So what you say makes a lot of sense.
Way overrepresented. They're everywhere. This morning I watched the news, Duck Dynasty, Cracker Barrel and Utah were all spotlighted. I don't watch a lot of television. That makes it easy to avoid watching any of the gay shows.

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#229 Dec 23, 2013
Why can't people voice their opinions? There's nothing here, they don't lie gays who cares?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#230 Dec 23, 2013
ghostinthishouse wrote:
Why can't people voice their opinions? There's nothing here, they don't lie gays who cares?
people can voice their opinions. who was ever stopped from doing this?

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#231 Dec 23, 2013
ghostinthishouse wrote:
Why can't people voice their opinions? There's nothing here, they don't lie gays who cares?
Yup. Phil hasn't said anything that people on here cut and paste into their drivel. Same difference.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#232 Dec 23, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Way overrepresented. They're everywhere. This morning I watched the news, Duck Dynasty, Cracker Barrel and Utah were all spotlighted. I don't watch a lot of television. That makes it easy to avoid watching any of the gay shows.
guess what? they are everywhere in the real world also. always have been.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#233 Dec 23, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Yup. Phil hasn't said anything that people on here cut and paste into their drivel. Same difference.
What is it that gets some men so riled up about homosexuality? What could possibly be so frightening to them? Hmm.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#234 Dec 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>guess what? they are everywhere in the real world also. always have been.
That's no secret, they've just become noisier. All the noise is reversing the trend of 'support' they thought they had.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#235 Dec 23, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That's no secret, they've just become noisier. All the noise is reversing the trend of 'support' they thought they had.
no they are just acting like humans now that that is allowed.

i completely understand that you do not want your fellow humans to act like humans...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#236 Dec 23, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That's no secret, they've just become noisier. All the noise is reversing the trend of 'support' they thought they had.
really? how many states have joined the real world recently? just as i tole you they would for over a year and you said no way...

what about the majorty of americans supporting SSM?

you are denying the reality in front of your face to support your prejudice and bigotry. again...

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#237 Dec 23, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
That's no secret, they've just become noisier. All the noise is reversing the trend of 'support' they thought they had.
And not ONE word out of you concerning his horrible opinions of African Americans..typical hater...anyone not of his exact demographic is below his contempt.

I don't know what race or creed you are, but somehow I think Casper the Friendly Ghost when I think of you.(Except Casper was NICE.)
Bob

Washington, DC

#238 Dec 23, 2013
Hey jack wrote:
Jindal - Palin, next Presidential election, they have my vote. I mean really, could anything be worse than that towel head we have now
So you would rather have a couple of Neo con facists in the WH? I'm sure if these two had their way, anyone who isn't white and repuplican would be marched off to the internment camps. Of course, jindal is nothing more than a clown at a minstrel show and palin wishing this were nazi Germany all over again.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#239 Dec 23, 2013
Why? I mean, other than the pollution aspect or danger of starting a larger conflagration. My america is a nation of millions of people, a history, a culture, and a constitution. It's not some piece of cloth (usually made in China). Burn all the flags you want; it diminishes us not at all.
mjjcpa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but burning the flag is bad.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#240 Dec 23, 2013
kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it that gets some men so riled up about homosexuality? What could possibly be so frightening to them? Hmm.
A closet?
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

#241 Dec 23, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
The more you post, the more people become convinced you are stuck forever in teen angst.
Dear, many folks - teenagers and intelligent adults - prefer not to be judgemental, not to hug their bibles for their own bigotry, like to think for themselves, believe gays have rights like others, think wtf when an amerikkan "reality hero" compares body parts like some deranged crazy and also can question those folks who believe such backward thinking.

I would imagine even folks with teenage angst can think for themselves and evolve.

Try ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min DanFromSmithville 161,703
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min IND 180,110
News 'Scandal' fixer heads to Baltimore 18 min goonsquad 3
News Republicans are not compassionate 27 min Basque_Spaniards 70
News Poverty issues inch into 2016 presidential race 1 hr Whiteguy 3
News Look who's speaking Spanish: It's the 2016 Repu... 1 hr Mothra 42
News Jeb Bush seeks authenticity by standing ground ... 1 hr Tazo 1
More from around the web