What the 2012 election taught us

There are 20 comments on the Nov 6, 2012, The Washington Post story titled What the 2012 election taught us. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

We've been scouring the data for clues as to what we should learn from what happened tonight as President Obama relatively easily claimed a second term.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#9606 Mar 21, 2013
Sorry, you are way misguided, any Attack on Israel is not an attack on America, never was and never will be considered such. It was no America that settled the JEWS on those lands, it was an WW II Allied Forces decision to support England's effort to take lands for the surrounding Arab countries for Jewish Refugees, this was done simply because the Jews were not wanted in refugee numbers any other place in the world to include America.

You are way off in your assumptions. The member nations of the Allied Forces from WW II supported Israels mythical claim about a holy land so long as that freed those nations from having to host the Jewish Refugee.....
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are attempting to paint Liberal Democrats as good guys and Republicans as evil, you are wrong!
If you claim America done mistakes and done stupid things... YES, mostly under Liberal presidents like the Egyptian loving president you have now!
If you claim that BOTH parties being stupid.. YES you are correct!
If you claim that Carter type Democrats are better at foreign affairs than Reagan type Republican, then you are wrong!
Yes, we should NOT be giving money nor weapons to stupid countries. Only, Israel, like any state in the US, should get our help. An attack on Israel is an attack on Philadlephia!
Now, typically ALL LIBERALS that "hate" foreign aid ONLY refer to Israel. It is fine with them for us to waste tax dollars on Egypt, Libya, Turkey and Syria. But Israel is what they are after.
Are you after Israel?
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#9607 Mar 21, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Iraq was a mistake by Bush as Libya is for Obama.
I am not a blind Republican, like you are a blind Democrat, I am a Conservative first.
Obama helped Egypt dictators to gain power over people.
Like Libya, America isn't fighting in Libya. Libya is under siege simply because there exist no law and order following their internal civil war.

The Attack on the Consulate wasn't a declaration of war by Lybia on America, but done by a band of criminal intend on wrestling control of Eastern Lybia from the Government for it's own purposes.

That's not no different than how the Confederates tried to section off the South in America even after the South surrender, many southerners refuses to abide by the laws of Congress and the U.S Constitution for more than 100 years.

Gadiffi has not been dead 6 Months it's going to take a while before restoring law and order to all Libya.
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#9608 Mar 21, 2013
You should re-research the tibits on Libya to gain some credible understanding of what's happening there.

As your post suggest, you aren't lying you just don't have a understanding of what's going on in Libya.

The Government, run by Gadiffi at one time has crumbled in Libya, it's a virtual free for all with no police or military in vast areas of the country.

In some areas, gangs of criminals armed from dethroning Gadiffi are fighting for control of those areas, until Libya can dispatch personnel to bring those areas back under the control of the Libya Government and restore order.
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
No one had been able to prove me wrong on anything. Can you care to try?
I had proven you wrong several times!!!
Let me tell you my tactic in here. I research explosive incredible facts. I expose them in here and wait for a bite. I call it "fishing". Claim an incredible fact and hope a Liberal complains and claim I am lying!!!! Liberal never fail me.
Then when someone claim I am lying then I expose the evidence, embarrass the Liberal and enjoy seeing the poor guy running as roaches under light!!!
You had run for cover before so you know how it feels!!!

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#9609 Mar 21, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>This is what Clinton said recently regarding DOMA, a republican bill passed by a republican Congress in 1996;

"In an op-ed published Thursday evening in the Washington Post, former president Bill Clinton announced his opposition to the Defense of Marriage Act, which he signed into law in 1996. Clinton defended his initial support of the bill, saying that, when it was passed, there were no states that recognized same-sex marriage. At the time, Clinton said the bill seemed like the best option to prevent a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage"

http://gawker.com/5989353/bill-clinton-calls-...

You have evidence CONservatives are not against gay marriage? Let's see it!

CONservatives NEVER evolve with the times - you idiots feel everything needs to be based on religious pretext's, when this is in fact a SECULAR nation - founded upon secular principles.

You'll forever be a moron.
"former president Bill Clinton announced his opposition to the Defense of Marriage Act, which he signed into law in 1996."

Thanks for proving my point!!!

Once again I am right every time I say:

See? Liberals are brain dead HYPOCRITES!!!

When a Liberal changes his mind for political reasons he just "evolved" but when a Republican changes his mind he is a "flip-flop"?

See? Liberals are brain dead HYPOCRITES!!

Westerville, OH

#9610 Mar 21, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>Which Egyptian dictators was that?
Stop watching faux news.

Libya was going on before Obama got here. That's bullshit.

You are just a sheep, nothing more.
Liberals still believe, after all faces to the contrary, that the Muslim Brotherhood is only a bunch of brain dead hypocrites Liberals like them!!!

Nope! Wrong again!!!

Muslim Brotherhood are a bunch of Shariah Law terrorists!

http://www.thenation.com/article/173323/musli... #

I spoke to Shukrallah in February, just after I returned to the United States from an extended visit to Cairo. Over the course of several weeks in the city, I saw the conflict between the Brotherhood and its urban-based opposition turn violent, first in December, with a massive street clash near the Presidential Palace that began when Brotherhood supporters bused in from the countryside assaulted young protesters encamped outside the palace, which ended with hundreds injured and a handful dead. Following a wave of attacks days later on Brotherhood offices around the country, a group of Salafists held a sit-in outside Media City, an area outside Cairo that is home to many of Egypt’s private broadcasting outlets. There, the Islamists called for the “purification” of the media, accusing the networks of inciting violence against Morsi and attacking journalists in retaliation.

According to Shukrallah, the events at Media City reflected the determination of the Brotherhood and its allies to exert at least as much control over private media as over state-run institutions like Al Ahram. The criminal investigation launched in January against Bassem Youssef, a comedian known as the Egyptian Jon Stewart, who has grown famous for his satirical portrayals of Islamists including Morsi, is another example Shukrallah cited as evidence of the government’s authoritarian impulses. This month, Youssef was accused of defaming Morsi in a new lawsuit filed by Brotherhood supporters who claimed they were “psychologically affected by this nonsense, ridicule and slander addressed to the head of state.”
Billy Ringo

Forest Hills, NY

#9611 Mar 21, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
No one had been able to prove me wrong on anything. Can you care to try?
I had proven you wrong several times!!!
Let me tell you my tactic in here. I research explosive incredible facts. I expose them in here and wait for a bite. I call it "fishing". Claim an incredible fact and hope a Liberal complains and claim I am lying!!!! Liberal never fail me.
Then when someone claim I am lying then I expose the evidence, embarrass the Liberal and enjoy seeing the poor guy running as roaches under light!!!
You had run for cover before so you know how it feels!!!
You said Etchy was going to win.

School's out, Pedro.

Westerville, OH

#9612 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You are a m/f c/s liar.

I am happy to prove it daily, you lying sack of sh!t.

Is the population of California going up or down?
How bad are things in California? California's domestic migration has been negative every year since at least 1990. In fact, since 1990, according to the U.S. Census, 3,642,490 people, net, have left California. If they were in one city, it would be the third largest city in America, with a population 800,000 more than Chicago and within 200,000 of Los Angeles’ population.

http://www.newgeography.com/content/001925-if...

You are confusing NATURAL birth rate of 38 millions with the number of people leaving because of your Liberal failed policies and high taxes!

California birth rate: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/data/statistics/Docume...

You want us to believe that people live up pay high taxes to politicians and move to California so they can pay huge taxes.

Your thinking is NOT based in reality!

You are wrong: people do NOT like to pay taxes, so you are wrong.

People want to KEEP their hard earned money, therefore you are wrong!

People do not like to be told what to do, and what amount to drink. Only Liberal idiots like you who have no brains like to be told how to live!

Since you like to be told how to live, pretend that I am the governments and let me tell you: BE A CONSERVATIVE!!!

There you go! Now you being told so do so!

Westerville, OH

#9613 Mar 21, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>You mean like the evidence you had that 2,000 Californians were moving to Texas a week and the evidence proved it was 1,200, and that it did not include the Texans that were moving to California?
I stand corrected, it was 3,000 people leaving California due to your Liberal failed policies, not 2,000 not 1,200, sorry!

Pollster Pat Goodall says 3,000 people leave California every week: mostly because of taxes and fees.

In New York, the situation is similar.

Some economists say high income New Yorkers are leaving the state faster than those fleeing California. At least in California, one has the Pacific Ocean…..

Randy York said he moved his polyurethane manufacturing business from Huntington Beach to Reno, Nev. in 1987 because he was tired of being “hammered” with regulatory fees from the fire department, the health department, the state Environmental Protection Agency, the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health and the South Coast Air Quality Management District.

He said it got to the point where he was paying $2,000 or $3,000 a quarter on fees – for company of 20 employees.

“They were killing us with fees,” he said.“Fees, fees, fees.”

http://johnltdo5455.wordpress.com/2009/05/20/...

Westerville, OH

#9614 Mar 21, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
<quoted text>You're not only deflecting from the original question, but you're rambling to boot.

I'll Ask the same Question........

Where in the world and you can count Egypt with Mubarik, or Afghanistan with Karzi, or even Pakistan among tyrant governments with the support of America, initiated by George Bush; has an dictator and, or regime existed who did not at some point have the unmitigated support of America to maintain his/her or their position?

Each of those alliances were formulated by Republican Presidents, Reagan forged the alliance with Egypt after the Assassination of Anwar El Sadat in 1981, by Marburik.

You are absent a lot of critical information on Republicans over the last 35 years. You've been dubbed to believe things that are purely a fantasy and distributed in GOP Circles.....

America has never been in the deposing dictators and dethroning tyrants from power business.

If there's no natural resources available for exploiting and developing, America isn't there. We're only in the freeing people business when there is a profit for industrialist available.

Or, Old Fashion Greed
Bush dethroned Saddan Husein, a bonafide gas-killing dictator!

But of course you are a Liberal and THAT will not count!

Marcos from the Phillipines removed THANKS to America!

But you are a Liberal and that will not count neither.

Noriega was removed from Panama thanks to America!

But you are a Liberal and that does not count neither.

See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!

How many dictators had Obama removed?

See? You are not here to present correct history. You are here to elevate your community organizer, corpse-man, 57 state, Muslim, dog eater, man-child.

Say something bad about Obama and I will take you seriously!

Go ahead, I dare you!
Eric Gustafson

Newport News, VA

#9615 Mar 21, 2013
Marco was never removed because of anything Americas did, in the fashion that Gadiffi was taken from power by his People,so did Marco. How old are you? Marco was supported by America up until America flew him to France to live in exile.

Marco and Noriega were put on the throne by America to begin with and reigned with America's financial support for decades, each of them. Panama was strategic in that we had a couple huge military bases before those leases expired and needed unmitigated access to the Panama Canal.

Noriega was arrested for drug trafficking and aligning himself and his government with cartels from Columbia.

In either situation, it hasn't been 35 year so how could you get those detail so backwards without purposely trying to mislead on those detail?

America's only interest in seeing Saddam removed from power is the massive Oil reserves under Iraq. so they got involved and sent in troops twice!!!

America supplied Saddam with the few chemical weapons he used against the kurds, those were left over after the Iran/Iraq War.
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
But of course you are a Liberal and THAT will not count!
Marcos from the Phillipines removed THANKS to America!
But you are a Liberal and that will not count neither.
Noriega was removed from Panama thanks to America!
But you are a Liberal and that does not count neither.
See? Liberals are brain dead hypocrites!
How many dictators had Obama removed?
See? You are not here to present correct history. You are here to elevate your community organizer, corpse-man, 57 state, Muslim, dog eater, man-child.
Say something bad about Obama and I will take you seriously!
Go ahead, I dare you!
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9617 Mar 22, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
And your great grand children's grand children will still be paying for that. Did they ever find the WMD?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#9618 Mar 22, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
And now because of Bush43 wanting to prove to his daddy he was a man, we have Iran on the rise because of the fall of Saddam. America needs to keep it's ass at home and it's nose out of the world's business. What would we have thought about other nations coming in to make war with our nations Leaders when they were building this great nation while killing Indians and enslaving Blacks.

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#9619 Mar 22, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals still believe, after all faces to the contrary, that the Muslim Brotherhood is only a bunch of brain dead hypocrites Liberals like them!!!

Nope! Wrong again!!!

I spoke to Shukrallah in February, just after I returned to the United States from an extended visit to Cairo. Over the course of several weeks in the city, I saw the conflict between the Brotherhood and its urban-based opposition turn violent, first in December, with a massive street clash near the Presidential Palace that began when Brotherhood supporters bused in from the countryside assaulted young protesters encamped outside the palace, which ended with hundreds injured and a handful dead. Following a wave of attacks days later on Brotherhood offices around the country, a group of Salafists held a sit-in outside Media City, an area outside Cairo that is home to many of Egypt’s private broadcasting outlets. There, the Islamists called for the “purification” of the media, accusing the networks of inciting violence against Morsi and attacking journalists in retaliation.

According to Shukrallah, the events at Media City reflected the determination of the Brotherhood and its allies to exert at least as much control over private media as over state-run institutions like Al Ahram. The criminal investigation launched in January against Bassem Youssef, a comedian known as the Egyptian Jon Stewart, who has grown famous for his satirical portrayals of Islamists including Morsi, is another example Shukrallah cited as evidence of the government’s authoritarian impulses. This month, Youssef was accused of defaming Morsi in a new lawsuit filed by Brotherhood supporters who claimed they were “psychologically affected by this nonsense, ridicule and slander addressed to the head of state.”
Other than this cut and paste bullshit, what do you know of the brotherhood?

No faux news commentary please, sheep.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#9620 Mar 22, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
In fact, since 1990, according to the U.S. Census, 3,642,490 people, net, have left California
Population 1990 California, 33,871,648
Population 2012 California, 38,041,430

Source: US Census

Location hidden

#9621 Mar 22, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
When Hussein was gassing the Kurds, Ronald Reagan was giving him intelligence and weapons and keeping him in power.

Bush took us to war and the only thing it cost the USA was two trillion dollars and 4,500 American lives, and it only cost Iraq their country and 125,000+ lives.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#9622 Mar 22, 2013
Eric Gustafson wrote:
Marco was never removed because of anything Americas did, in the fashion that Gadiffi was taken from power by his People,so did Marco. How old are you? Marco was supported by America up until America flew him to France to live in exile.
Marco and Noriega were put on the throne by America to begin with and reigned with America's financial support for decades, each of them. Panama was strategic in that we had a couple huge military bases before those leases expired and needed unmitigated access to the Panama Canal.
Noriega was arrested for drug trafficking and aligning himself and his government with cartels from Columbia.
In either situation, it hasn't been 35 year so how could you get those detail so backwards without purposely trying to mislead on those detail?
America's only interest in seeing Saddam removed from power is the massive Oil reserves under Iraq. so they got involved and sent in troops twice!!!
America supplied Saddam with the few chemical weapons he used against the kurds, those were left over after the Iran/Iraq War.
<quoted text>
Let them babble until they're blue in the face - they can try to re-writehistory oin Topx, but ctual histry books confim what you'v stated.

Not to mention the U.S. was well aware of Noriega's drug running, all the way back to the mid 70's, when H.W. Bush was head of the CIA, and a close friend of Noriega back then as well as while V.P.:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/apr/27/m...

"The rest of his story is shrouded in political double-dealings,
boilerplate and lies. Long-time bed-fellows figure into the storyamong them Bush, Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld and Colin Powell.

Dont expect Noriega to make any new revelations or shift the ground in Panama much less the hemisphere. After interviewing the general extensively and investigating the U.S. invasion and the problematic politics surrounding the U.S. drug war, Ive concluded that General Noriega all along was but a minor chess piece in a global game and was thrown off the board when he stopped cooperating with his former U.S. mastershe was a CIA asset for years."

http://worlddesk.org/2011/12/11/noriega-in-ch...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#9623 Mar 22, 2013
barefoot2626 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a picture of the population of California, Jose.
Notice that it is going up.
http://tinyurl.com/josedumbazz
(quote)
Population
Historical populations
Census Pop.%
1850 92,597

1860 379,994 310.4%
1870 560,247 47.4%
1880 864,694 54.3%
1890 1,213,398 40.3%
1900 1,485,053 22.4%
1910 2,377,549 60.1%
1920 3,426,861 44.1%
1930 5,677,251 65.7%
1940 6,907,387 21.7%
1950 10,586,223 53.3%
1960 15,717,204 48.5%
1970 19,953,134 27.0%
1980 23,667,902 18.6%
1990 29,760,021 25.7%
2000 33,871,648 13.8%
2010 37,253,956 10.0%
Est. 2012 38,041,430 2.1%
Sources: 17901990, 2000, 2010[61][62]
Chart does not include Indigenous population figures.
Studies indicate that the Native American
population in California in 1850 was close to 150,000
before declining to 15,000 by 1900.[53][63]
The United States Census Bureau estimates that the population of California was 38,041,430 on July 1, 2012, a 2.1% increase since the 2010 United States Census.[8] Between 2000 and 2009, there was a natural increase of 3,090,016 (5,058,440 births minus 2,179,958 deaths).[64] During this time period, international migration produced a net increase of 1,816,633 people while domestic migration produced a net decrease of 1,509,708, resulting in a net in-migration of 306,925 people.[64] The State of California's own statistics show a population of 38,292,687 for January 1, 2009.
"California's own statistics show a population of 38,292,687 for January 1, 2009."
"Census Bureau estimates that the population of California was 38,041,430 on July 1, 2012"

38,292,687 in 2009
38,041,430 in 2012
How is that an increase?

2,830,000 are illegals.
http://www.laalmanac.com/immigration/im04a.ht...

Location hidden

#9624 Mar 22, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
"California's own statistics show a population of 38,292,687 for January 1, 2009."
"Census Bureau estimates that
Maybe you can go back to Sesame Street and sing the "which number is the larger" song?

If you don't know the words, here is a picture for you:

http://www.ppic.org/content/images/Chart_Popu...

“Bullsh*% Detector Enabled”

Since: Dec 08

Brooklyn, New York

#9625 Mar 22, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>Liberals still believe, after all faces to the contrary, that the Muslim Brotherhood is only a bunch of brain dead hypocrites Liberals like them!!!

Nope! Wrong again!!!

Nothing about the hospitals they build and treat people for free...

Please stop with your cut and paste, sheep...it's making you look even more stupid.

Location hidden

#9626 Mar 23, 2013
Black Rhino wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing about the hospitals they build and treat people for free...
Please stop with your cut and paste, sheep...it's making you look even more stupid.
well... at least he can spell better when he cuts & pastes...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min Blitzking 160,827
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min HILLARY 2016 179,128
News POLL Marco Rubio jumps to the head of GOP 2016 ... 12 min barefoot2626 33
News Cochran aide arrested after drug bust 13 min barefoot2626 15
News Russia providing arms to Ukrainian separatists:... 28 min Hue 1,105
News Scott Walker is 2016's Mitt Romney 40 min Seymore 3
News Obama turns up heat on climate change debate in... 1 hr Mothra 60
More from around the web