Most Americans back path to citizensh...

Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll

There are 890 comments on the mymixfm.com story from Mar 20, 2013, titled Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants: poll. In it, mymixfm.com reports that:

The majority of Americans favor giving millions of illegal immigrants a way to earn citizenship, according to a survey released on Thursday, highlighting public support for efforts in Congress to reform immigration law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at mymixfm.com.

“A Nation of Legal Immigrants”

Since: Nov 07

Lake City Florida,/ Nebraska

#724 Apr 10, 2013
THE PARACHUTE

An airplane was about to crash; there were 5 passengers on board, but only 4 parachutes.
The first passenger, Holly Madison said, "I have my own reality show and I am the smartest and
prettiest woman at Playboy, so Americans don't want me to die." She took the first pack and
jumped out of the plane.

The second passenger, John McCain, said, "I'm a Senator, and a decorated war hero from
an elite Navy unit from the United States of America." So he grabbed the second pack and jumped.

The third passenger, Barack Obama said, "I am the President of the United States and I am
the smartest ever in the history of our country, some even call me the 'Anointed One.'" So he
grabbed the pack next to him and jumped out.

The fourth passenger, Billy Graham said to the fifth passenger, a 10-year-old schoolgirl,
"I have lived a full life and served my God the best I could. I will sacrifice my life and let you have
the last parachute."

The little girl said, "That's okay, Mr. Graham. There's a parachute left for you.
America`s smartest President took my schoolbag.

#725 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
Hearsay and opinion......
Hearsay and opinion......

#727 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Again, respect is EARNED; age has nothing to do with it.

Your example is stupid.

I don't have to respect someone to have the common curtesy to let them have my seat if I feel they would be more comfortable sitting instead of standing. I'd do that for an old person or a young person or a man or a woman.
"WeTheSheeple" Quote:

Everyone gets old; it's nothing special.

#728 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

But harassing citizens just because they happen to have the same skin color or ethnic background as most illegals IS a violation of their civil rights.

Our "illegal alien mess" is just an excuse for many bigots to harass all hispanics, whether they're citizens or not.
Our "illegal alien mess" is the result of Hispanic Americans supporting Amnesty for 11 million illegal aliens and turning a blind eye to their being here!

#729 Apr 10, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

Actually I have, and they're not that much different from our own now.

In 2011 they passed immigration reform which grants all immigrants- regardless of status- the right to access education & healthcare services, the right to due process, and takes into account the promotion of family unity.
In addition, immigration officials are the only ones who can enforce immigration laws- i.e. investigate illegals, detain, process, deport, etc. The federal or local police can only act against crimes not related to the immigration violation unless specifically authorized by the immigration officials. They can't conduct raids is shelters which offer humanitarian aid to migrants- legal or otherwise.
In other words, illegal immigrants in Mexico are treated pretty much like they are here.
Kudos,I have to give you a heads up on this one. I wasn't aware that Mexico had done that.

#730 Apr 10, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>

I said nothing about white people, and don`t forget the colored aren`t human.

Nice tryni gger lover.
What "Color" are you talking about?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Tawas City, Michigan

#731 Apr 10, 2013
Cricket 23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our "illegal alien mess" is the result of Hispanic Americans supporting Amnesty for 11 million illegal aliens and turning a blind eye to their being here!
Hearsay and opinion.

#732 Apr 11, 2013
Illegal Aliens Receive Billions in IRS Tax Benefits

Friday, 23 Sep 2011 05:17 PM

By James Walsh

On July 7, 2011, the U.S. Department of Treasury's inspector general for tax
administration issued a startling report entitled "Individuals Who Are Not
Authorized to Work in the United States Were Paid $4.2 Billion in Refundable
Credits."

No wonder the nation's finances are in turmoil.

******It is clear that unauthorized aliens are filing ITIN tax returns with
fraudulent data.******

The Treasury report found that "One common type of
fraudulent refund involves taxpayers fabricating a Wage and Tax Statement
(Form W-2) that shows excess withholding and results in a tax refund."

Read more on Newsmax.com : Illegal Aliens Receive Billions in IRS Tax Benefits

#733 Apr 11, 2013
Loophole!

Yesterday, Members of the House Ways & Means Committee voted 22-12 to stop
the IRS from giving refundable tax credits to illegal aliens.

Last year, the Inspector General for the U.S. Treasury Department released a
report revealing that illegal aliens annually receive $4.2 billion in
refundable tax credits, primarily through the Additional Child Tax Credit
(ACTC).

The Ways and Means Committee voted to close this tax credit loophole by
requiring that individuals who claim the ACTC provide a valid Social
Security Number (SSN), based on language introduced by Rep. Sam Johnson
(R-TX). Currently, the IRS only requires applicants for the ACTC to provide
an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN), which the Internal
Revenue Service (IRS) indiscriminately hands out to illegal aliens.

The legislation was part of a budget reconciliation proposal that now goes
to the House Budget Committee for inclusion in a larger package aimed at
saving tax-payer dollars.

FAIR thanks the following Ways and Means Committee Members who voted to
close the loophole:

"REPUBLICANS"

Chairman David Camp (R-MI) Rep. Jim Gerlach (R-PA)
Rep. Wally Herger (R-CA) Rep. Tom Price (R-GA)
Rep. Sam Johnson (R-TX) Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-FL)
Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX) Rep. Adrian Smith (R-NE)
Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL)
Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) Rep. Lynn Jenkins (R-KS)
Rep. Pat Tiberi (R-OH) Rep. Erik Paulsen (R-MN)
Rep. Geoff Davis (R-KY) Rep. Kenny Marchant (R-TX)
Rep. Dave Reichert (R-WA) Rep. Rick Berg (R-ND)
Rep. Charles Boustany (R-LA) Rep. Diane Black (R-TN)
Rep. Peter Roskam (R-IL) Rep. Tom Reed (R-NY)

******Members who voted against closing the loophole include:******

"DEMOCRATS"

Rep. Ranking Member Sander Levin (D-MI) Rep. Mike Thompson,(D-CA)
Rep. Fortney Pete Stark,(D-CA) Rep. John B. Larson,(D-CT)
Rep. Jim McDermott,(D-WA) Rep. Ron Kind,(D-WI)
Rep. John Lewis,(D-GA) Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr.,(D-NJ)
Rep. Richard E. Neal,(D-MA) Rep. Shelley Berkley,(D-NV)
Rep. Lloyd Doggett,(D-TX) Rep. Joseph Crowley,(D-NY)

#734 Apr 11, 2013
A short film about our "visitors" from South of the border! Enjoy.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#736 Apr 13, 2013
nym8387 wrote:
<quoted text> so then you understand why amnesty wont pass,what's the point of having them here if they have rights and choices.
I don't think "amnesty" will pass. Instead, they will come up with a plan to have a lot more of those "illegals" come here legally to work- probably through some sort of work visa.

That way, businesses can hire as many as they need, but when business is slow, they can get rid of them easily.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#737 Apr 13, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer like you say. but I do know that in the last 15+ years, no further amnesty was approved by congress.
so that must mean that the "majority" of citizens of the usa do not approve of immigration reform. right?
quit smoking pot, and you would realize this.
As I said to the other guy, the people that matter don't want "amnesty," they want access to cheap and plentiful workers, and that is what they will get.

Essentially, the current "illegals" will be given work permits to work as long as they are needed, then when business slows down, they will be terminated.

Remember, the people that matter on this issue are rich Republicans. They don't want "amnesty," but they do want ready access to cheap labor.

BTW, I don't use drugs. I have never even tried marijuana. I spent 30+ years as a military officer, and the military kinda frowns on drug use.

#738 Apr 13, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said to the other guy, the people that matter don't want "amnesty," they want access to cheap and plentiful workers, and that is what they will get.
Essentially, the current "illegals" will be given work permits to work as long as they are needed, then when business slows down, they will be terminated.
Remember, the people that matter on this issue are rich Republicans. They don't want "amnesty," but they do want ready access to cheap labor.
BTW, I don't use drugs. I have never even tried marijuana.

I spent 30+ years as a military officer, and the military kinda frowns on drug use.
Thank you for your service.

Vietnam Vet 1966 & 1969
nym8387

United States

#739 Apr 13, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think "amnesty" will pass. Instead, they will come up with a plan to have a lot more of those "illegals" come here legally to work- probably through some sort of work visa.
That way, businesses can hire as many as they need, but when business is slow, they can get rid of them easily.
It really is the best illegal aliens can hope for.I've always said it, If they do the jobs we don't want to do,why legalize them?

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#740 Apr 13, 2013
libertarian4321 wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, I don't use drugs. I have never even tried marijuana. I spent 30+ years as a military officer, and the military kinda frowns on drug use.
you are so full of it.

I bet you are just the opposite of everything you just said to me.

MFer, cocaine using, marijuana smoking, brain dead, stupid, lying, liberal hippies.

“gun control takes two hands”

Since: Mar 13

outdoors

#741 Apr 13, 2013
Hire an American teenager- it was good enough for us- all ya gotta do is pry 'em away from their IPODs.
Juan

Vero Beach, FL

#742 Apr 13, 2013
Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, this says it all.
We deserve the same opportunities and will not accept anything less.
freebird

Long Beach, CA

#743 Apr 13, 2013
Juan wrote:
Most Americans back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants, this says it all.
We deserve the same opportunities and will not accept anything less.
"The survey, conducted between March 6 and 10, was based on 4,465 Spanish and English telephone interviews with adults."

That small amount of Americans doesn't mean sh!t. I never take a poll to heart. Let's have a nation wide vote on it and then see what happens.
nym8387

United States

#744 Apr 13, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
"The survey, conducted between March 6 and 10, was based on 4,465 Spanish and English telephone interviews with adults."
That small amount of Americans doesn't mean sh!t. I never take a poll to heart. Let's have a nation wide vote on it and then see what happens.
They would be deported immediately if that was the case.
Lincoln

United States

#745 Apr 13, 2013
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
We did ...Romney 47% President Obama 50.5%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Republican Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama proposal would make 5 million more eligib... 1 min WelbyMD 38
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 min dirtclod 168,667
News Governors vow to fight SCOTUS ruling on gay mar... 7 min barefoot2626 516
News The no sale of Confederate flags has reached Co... 14 min Jonesie 143
News Bobby Jindal jumps into the 2016 election 25 min Far Away 60
News Export-Import Bank's expiration a victory for b... 36 min tod see the light 1
Election 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 42 min did 186,129
More from around the web